Photo

BGT-Weidu +Mods installation instructions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#21 Dunderdon

Dunderdon
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

Do you think, I can install TSv602? It is in WeiDu format, but... If i can, what is correctly order? And sorry for my english, but I'm from Poland :).

View Post

Sorry, you can't. It will produce an error that will stop your installation. However, TS 6.0 is said to be compatible, but its not on the server anymore. If you can get a copy of it, try it out. Install it after SoS.

#22 Dunderdon

Dunderdon
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:19 PM

With regards to banter packs, BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 3 could possibly break all banters.  This is not confirmed, but my personal run-through of the original 0.99 BETA did not trigger a single B******* dialogue.  Can anyone else confirm this?

View Post

I had tons of BG1NPC banters with 0.99 beta 3 - I remember Kivan telling about his love to Deheriana, Viconia asking about my relationship to Imoen, etc etc.

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

With regards to banter packs, BGT-WeiDU 0.99 BETA 3 could possibly break all banters.  This is not confirmed, but my personal run-through of the original 0.99 BETA did not trigger a single B******* dialogue.  Can anyone else confirm this?

View Post

I had tons of BG1NPC banters with 0.99 beta 3 - I remember Kivan telling about his love to Deheriana, Viconia asking about my relationship to Imoen, etc etc.

View Post

Thanks, then they are working, althought BG1NPC isn't entirely compatible with BGT-WeiDU.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

You can add Bonehill 1.95 to this list

You have

NTotSC as the 7th mod installed. I installed Bonehill right after that and everything worked great. Played through and finished it without incident.

#25 Marupal

Marupal
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

There's now a patch for SOS that has to be installed after BGT, and a cumulative patch for DSOTSC/NTOTSC

Just to save someone else the frustration BG1NPC-BGT-V2 crashed and burned. Who says most recent is the best?

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

There's now a patch for SOS that has to be installed after BGT, and a cumulative patch for DSOTSC/NTOTSC

Just to save someone else the frustration BG1NPC-BGT-V2 crashed and burned.  Who says most recent is the best?

View Post

There is more frustration when I say BG1NPCBGT is NOT COMPATIBLE with BGT-WeiDU, so don't use it.

Edited by Ascension64, 17 August 2005 - 01:36 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 Mantriel

Mantriel
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:11 PM

Hi Folks!

First, Excuses: I wish to apologise myself for my english, for my stupid questions, for writing my questions in this forum and whatever else to be polite. :)

And yes I have :rtfm: and the forums. :lol2:

I couldn't find various files that were mentioned somewhere as needed, they were:
TDDweidu1to2patch-fixed.zip
SOSweidu1to2patch-fixed.zip
TSv60bifferv2-fixed.zip

If somebody could give me a link I would appreciate it. :) :Tasty: :cheers:

I have found somewhere, that I could use these files:
BP v170 (I know that it is not available)
NeJ2v30b.rar
BG1NPC-BGT-v1.exe

is that true? and when its true what is BP v170 for? (I assume for AI? an the like. )

I asked myself what ubber monster I could create with BGT-weidu, so here is my wish list, I hope some of them will be possible. And please somebody tell me, if I could play with this installation with BGT-BP-CTB or Baldurs Gate tutu.

1. Baldurs Gate 1
2. Tales of the Sword Coast
3. Tales of The Sword Coast Patch
4. Misc Baldurdash patches
5. Baldurs Gate 2
6. Throne of Bhaal
7. Throne of Bhaal Patch 26498
8. Misc Baldurdash Patches
9.1.1 Big Picture or 9.1.2.Baldurs Gate Trilogy or 9.1.3.Baldurs Gate tutu
9.2. The Darkest Day
9.3. Shadows over Soubar
9.4. Tortured Souls
10. Never Ending Journey
11. Check The Bodies
12. The Bigg mod - Mazzy the paladin
13. Ascension
14. The World map mod (from Yacomo)
15. Bag Bonus
16. Bone Hill
17. DSotSC
18. NSotSC
19. Tactics (what parts wont work?)
20. Unfinished business
21. Blucher's 1 level npc-s
22. The Black Rose part 1
23. Greyclan: In Candlelight episode 1
24. 1 pixel productions

And when I played through the game can I install these without to have to reinstall BG2?

3.1. Epic Endeavours
3.2. Return to Trademeet
3.3. Dragonlance Total Conversion

And now some questions about BGT-weidu. :)

1. Do the NPC-s have kits?
2. What happens with the TDD NPC-s, when I have one of them with me? (I mean, will there be a duplicate of Yeslick in the Temple district if I have him in the party?).
3. Can I go back to the BG1 areas every time when I wish?
4. Can I play a Sorcerer from the beginning?
5. Yes I have :rtfm: but I don't know what the difference is between BG1 and BGT-weidu-s BG1 part? Maybe the interface and the spells?
6. If I have a .cre file from Cernd, Imoen, Nalia... and place it into the Override directory and overwrite the existing file with my own, will that effect CTD or something?
7. If I replace the NPC-s portrait during the BG1 part, will it change when i get to the SoA part?
8. I'm really confused about Imoen. Will she be a thief for the hole game if I wont dual-class her, and when I rescue her how many xp will she have?
9. If I know it wright a few stats aren't the same in bg1 and bg2 for NPC-s, which one did You use?
10. Can I give the Tome-s of characteristics to one of the NPC-s and then increase their stats, for the whole game? Or will I lose the extra points when the game reaches SoA?

And again sorry for the Q-s, I hope they aren't that bad. :unsure:
In 2008 I was playing: BGT, 1PP, Ascension, Tactics, Bagbonus.

Few years before that I was playing:
BG1 + TotSC + BGTalesUK5512 Patch + BG2 + ToB + ToB Patch 26498 + Weidu Baldurdash v1.4 + Weidu SoS v102 + Weidu TDD v1 + Weidu BGT v099b3+ Weidu Sos-BGT + Weidu DSotSC v172 + Weidu NSotSC v132 + Weidu SoBH v195 + Weidu BG1NPC4BGT v9 + Weidu BP-BGT Worldmap v3b + Weidu Ascension v1.4.21 + Weidu Unfinished Business v14 + Weidu Tactics v23 + Weidu Bagbonus + Weidu Mazzy the Paladin v05alpha + Weidu Black Rose 1 +Weidu 1pp v2 + Blucher's 1lvlNPC-s.

#28 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:51 PM

I couldn't find various files that were mentioned somewhere as needed, they were:
TSv60bifferv2-fixed.zip

http://games.groups..../BigPictureMod/
You may have to register if you have not done so already. You don't need 1to2 patch for SoS because version 102 is out. But ensure you install SoS before TDD.

I have found somewhere, that I could use these files:
BP v170 (I know that it is not available)
NeJ2v30b.rar
BG1NPC-BGT-v1.exe

is that true? and when its true what is BP v170 for? (I assume for AI? an the like. )

Somewhat true.

For BG1NPCBGT use v9, available in the BGT-WeiDU folder, or through the BGT-WeiDU link in my signature.

NeJ2v30b isn't available anymore, although NeJ2v42b is. There is also a critical patch to v60b available in the forums at http://vlad.blackwyrmlair.net/. On that site, click the Never Ending Journey picture, then look for the forums link on the left hand side frame.

BP-WeiDU v170 is not available yet and still under heavy development, but it does improve on things like AI, etc.

I asked myself what ubber monster I could create with BGT-weidu, so here is my wish list, I hope some of them will be possible. And please somebody tell me, if I could play with this installation with BGT-BP-CTB or Baldurs Gate tutu.

1. Baldurs Gate 1 -must have
2. Tales of the Sword Coast -must have
3. Tales of The Sword Coast Patch -must have
4. Misc Baldurdash patches -NO!  DO NOT USE!
5. Baldurs Gate 2 -must have
6. Throne of Bhaal -must have
7. Throne of Bhaal Patch 26498 -must have
8. Misc Baldurdash Patches -Use KingDiamond's Baldurdash-WeiDU
9.1.1 Big Picture or 9.1.2.Baldurs Gate Trilogy or 9.1.3.Baldurs Gate tutu -yes
                9.2. The Darkest Day -compatible, make sure you have the v1to2 patch (link above)
                9.3. Shadows over Soubar -compatible, for version 103 make sure you install this BEFORE The Darkest Day
                9.4. Tortured Souls -compatible, make sure you have the biffer fix (link above)
N.B. If you use Tutu, you will NOT be able to use almost everything else you mention below.  Also, make sure that all the three subcomponents you have listed are WeiDU versions.

10. Never Ending Journey -v30b or above, make sure you get 42b and apply 60b patch, however this is untested
11. Check The Bodies -possibly works, but quite buggy e.g. Docks district crash
12. The Bigg mod - Mazzy the paladin -unsure
13. Ascension -unsure
14. The World map mod (from Yacomo) -compatible
15. Bag Bonus -compatible
16. Bone Hill -compatible, make sure you have the latest version for BGT
17. DSotSC -compatible, make sure you have the latest version
18. NSotSC -compatible, make sure you have the latest version
19. Tactics (what parts wont work?) -unsure
20. Unfinished business -unsure
21. Blucher's 1 level npc-s -should be ok?
22. The Black Rose part 1 -unsure
23. Greyclan: In Candlelight episode 1 -compatible
24. 1 pixel productions -compatible

And when I played through the game can I install these without to have to reinstall BG2?

3.1. Epic Endeavours
3.2. Return to Trademeet
3.3. Dragonlance Total Conversion

These are all total conversions, meaning that they will not work with ANY other mods. One way you can get around repetitive uninstallation and reinstallation is to make multiple copies of BG2 in your HDD, although this is only recommended for advanced users because it could ruin your ability to uninstall BG2 altogether. We should be happy here to answer any questions regarding such endeavours though.

And now some questions about BGT-weidu. :)

1. Do the NPC-s have kits?
2. What happens with the TDD NPC-s, when I have one of them with me? (I mean, will there be a duplicate of Yeslick in the Temple district if I have him in the party?).
3. Can I go back to the BG1 areas every time when I wish?
4. Can I play a Sorcerer from the beginning?
5. Yes I have  :rtfm: but I don't know what the difference is between BG1 and BGT-weidu-s BG1 part? Maybe the interface and the spells?
6. If I have a .cre file from Cernd, Imoen, Nalia... and place it into the Override directory and overwrite the existing file with my own, will that effect CTD or something?
7. If I replace the NPC-s portrait during the BG1 part, will it change when i get to the SoA part?
8. I'm really confused about Imoen. Will she be a thief for the hole game if I wont dual-class her, and when I rescue her how many xp will she have?
9. If I know it wright a few stats aren't the same in bg1 and bg2 for NPC-s, which one did You use?
10. Can I give the Tome-s of characteristics to one of the NPC-s and then increase their stats, for the whole game? Or will I lose the extra points when the game reaches SoA?

1. Not in BG1, although your protagonist can choose among BG2 kits. Tortured Souls, I think, changes Imoen into a Charming Rogue, however.
2. No, checks are used to ensure this does not happen. Basically, your BG1 Yeslick will get imported into BG2, for example.
3. No. Only accessible during BG1.
4. Yes, although he/she could be quite weak!?
5. Engine conversion, journal sorting, bugfixes (similar to Baldurdash for BG1), some other new features such as changed spawning system. Some of the new features are listed in the BGT-WeiDU FAQ section of the Readme.
6. Only if those files are corrupt. Although this is highly NOT recommended because you could potentially ruin quests, scripts, and a whole bunch of other things, especially with Imoen you mention.
7. Only if you have Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Viconia, or Edwin. They have scripted BG1 to BG2 portrait changes.
8. Yes, Imoen will remain as a thief if you do not dual-class. When you rescue her from Spellhold she will gain 305000 XP.
9. The same as the difference between BG1 and BG2. However, if you don't have a paritulcar NPC in your party when you make the transition, they will appear as the BG2 version.
10. Yes, provided you keep the NPC in your party upon transition to Shadows of Amn.

Hope all this helps. I need some other people to talk about compatibility of:
13. Ascension
20. Unfinished business

Edited by Ascension64, 02 September 2005 - 09:08 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#29 Mantriel

Mantriel
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

Thanks! :Bow: :hug: :wub:

I need some other people to talk about compatibility of:
13. Ascension
20. Unfinished business

I am (we are) waiting for it. :)

p.s. for those who need

TSv60bifferv2-fixed.zip

see my attachments :rolleyes:

Edited by Mantriel, 02 September 2005 - 08:28 PM.

BG1 + TotSC + BGTalesUK5512 Patch + BG2 + ToB + ToB Patch 26498 + Weidu Baldurdash v1.4 + Weidu SoS v102 + Weidu TDD v1 + Weidu BGT v099b3+ Weidu Sos-BGT + Weidu DSotSC v172 + Weidu NSotSC v132 + Weidu SoBH v195 + Weidu BG1NPC4BGT v9 + Weidu BP-BGT Worldmap v3b + Weidu Ascension v1.4.21 + Weidu Unfinished Business v14 + Weidu Tactics v23 + Weidu Bagbonus + Weidu Mazzy the Paladin v05alpha + Weidu Black Rose 1 +Weidu 1pp v2 + Blucher's 1lvlNPC-s.

#30 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:07 PM

Oh, and one more word on SoS. You need the SoS-BGT.rar file for compatibility with BGT-WeiDU.

--------------
Retired Modder

#31 Sven1982

Sven1982
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:10 AM

A quick question:

what does this TSv60bifferv2-fixed.zip do?

Does is let you use the TS6.02 in BTG-weidu?

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

A quick question:

what does this TSv60bifferv2-fixed.zip do?

Does is let you use the TS6.02 in BTG-weidu?

View Post

It allows you to use TSv600 with BGT-WeiDU and the other bits and pieces as well. Unforutnately, TSv602 does not work with BGT-WeiDU and TSv600 is unavailable.

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 Mantriel

Mantriel
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:23 PM

Thanks to Ascension64, here is a good list! :coolthumb:

Enjoy. :cheers:

This is a link list to all components necessary to create such an ubber monster. :)

There are three major mirror sites where you can find your updates (and of course the files):
Dragonshoard with a little description
without descriptions are these sites
Dragonshoard
IEGMC Asia
FTP Mirror

and if you are looking for a mod that you can't find on them have a look here:
Pocketplane Modlist

The download order is in installation order. So first install BG1, TotSC, BG1-TotSC patch, BG2, ToB, ToB patch, and then the files here in order.

Read ALL Readme-s, to follow the installation and read the first post in this thread!

0.1 BG1 TotSC patches

0.2 BG2 ToB patches

1. King Diamond's Baldurdash-weidu version 1.5 for BG2

2. Shadows over Soubar-Weidu v 1.04
N.B. SoS MUST be installed before TDD.

3. Baldurs Gate Trilogy - Weidu or from here

4. Tortured Souls
TSv602 and above are not compatible with TDD and SoS as far as I know. TSv602 may be compatible if you only install that and BGT-WeiDU, but I haven't tried that. TSv603 Vlad says is compatible with NeJ2. So a TS, NeJ, BGT-WeiDU install could theoretically work, but again I have not tried that either.
Note: Only TSv600 works with the others and unfortunately TSv600 is not available. :glare:

5. The Darkest Day Weidu v1.04

6.1 Never Ending Journey 2 v42b
6.2. and patch 60b

7. Check the Bodies to play this you need Big Picture v170 or above but that hasn't been released yet ;)
7.1. Core files or from here
7.2. Game Files or from here
7.3. And you need this .tp2 to overwrite that one in the setup package
7.4. and here is a patch

8. Dark Side of the Sword Coast v172-weidu compatible

9. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast v132 - Weidu DSotSC must also be installed before NTotSC.

10. Secret of BoneHill v195-Weidu or from here

11. Revised BP-BGT Worldmap v3b

12. The BG1 NPC Project v9 or from here

If there will be more clarification about the other mods I will update this list. :)

Edited on 2005.09.11. Replaced Dark Side of the Sword Coast v170 with v172.
Edited on 2005.09.13. Replaced Northern Tales of the Sword Coast v130 with v132.
Edited on 2005.09.16. Added Ascension64's reply about Tortured Soul.
Edited on 2005.09.29. Replaced with the new versions of TDD-WeiDU v1.04, SoS-WeiDU v1.04, BDash-WeiDU v1.5.

Edited by Mantriel, 29 September 2005 - 01:17 PM.

#34 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:08 AM

so is this the One True Thread to follow for the uberest most hardcore installation of all the most compatible mods under the sun? the Usurper doesn't want to miss out on anything when he begins his Ascension again.
The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#35 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:18 AM

so is this the One True Thread to follow for the uberest most hardcore installation of all the most compatible mods under the sun?  the Usurper doesn't want to miss out on anything when he begins his Ascension again.

View Post

I can't guarantee anything, but I am quite sure it works. Again, cannot guarantee a bugless game either.

--------------
Retired Modder

#36 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:27 AM

DSotSC and NTotSC have new updates. Besides a few quirks with a dagger and some dialogs, these version update the dialog files cleanly so BG1NPC can be installed before or after those mods. Also, DSotSC now has a German translation!!!

There is still the worldmap bug between DSC001 and DSC002. *Goes to poke Yacomo again*

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#37 Promilus

Promilus
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:47 AM

Worldmap issue easilly to correct...just DLTCEP in hand and it's fixed :)
Maybe it is time to get some corrections into BGT-WeiDU and incoming BP-WeiDU?

#38 Mantriel

Mantriel
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

DSotSC and NTotSC have new updates.  Besides a few quirks with a dagger and some dialogs, these version update the dialog files cleanly so BG1NPC can be installed before or after those mods.  Also, DSotSC now has a German translation!!!

There is still the worldmap bug between DSC001 and DSC002. *Goes to poke Yacomo again*

View Post

In that case I will update the list to DSotSC4BGT-Weidu-172.rar . :new_thumbs:
Is that part of the installation needed: Dark Side of the Sword Coast 8.2. Download this file, delete the ".txt" from the end and overwrite the original with it?

About Tactics... I have read this forum and I am interested if we could install a few of the " not included in BP " parts?

And ehrm... Does somebody know when Bp-weidu will be ready? :whistling:

Edited by Mantriel, 10 September 2005 - 03:06 PM.

#39 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

Worldmap issue easilly to correct...just DLTCEP in hand and it's fixed :)
Maybe it is time to get some corrections into BGT-WeiDU and incoming BP-WeiDU?

View Post

Do you mean the worldmap?

--------------
Retired Modder

#40 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:56 PM

The BGT worldmap wouldn't normally have any additional areas of DSotSC or BP/TDD/SoS because those get added from their own mods or from Yacomo's mod. I don't see BK and Ascension having to keep updating their map everytime some fixes or adds to one of those other mod's maps. You should only use the BGT worldmap if not using any other mods that add to the map. Otherwise, you need to have Yacomo's map.

No, BP-Weidu is not ready.

Tactics could be added but you will probably have to remove it if you do add BP-Weidu (when available). Also, tactics was never designed for BG1/BGT so I don't think you are going to get too many uses of it in this mod. All DSotSC similar to tactics creatures (vampires/beholders/forest dragon/etc) have their own scripts and wouldn't use the tactics scripts anyway (not that I can of). What parts of BGT could use or need to use it?

P.S., NTotSC will get posted up in the next day or so, version 1.32.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website