44 replies to this topic

#41 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 06:59 AM

T.G. Maestro wrote:

Some other spelling errors and suggestions:
-Stormcharged Axe: a little error in the spelling: "...had to retreated..." ---> had to retreat

Thanks! I'll correct that.

the save vs. spells at the 'silence' effect should have a modifier of -4 instead of -5, and have a duration of 30 seconds. It is enough, not to mention that each attack from this blade can do this effect (95%)

This ability is based on the lvl2 cleric spell Silence and thus the save is at -5 but the effect's duration could be a bit shortened. I'll consider it.

The poison effect should have a duration of 6 seconds (as it is in the description, instead it lasts 10 seconds). This is vital, because 6 seconds is one round and so it has little chance of disrupting the any spell cast in the next round, but the 10 sec. duration will disrupt the next casting very often. Better reduce it to 6 or 5 seconds.

Damn, I wonder how I missed that one? Anyway, it will be fixed in the next revision.

The saving throw vs. the finger of Death effect should be a save vs. death (-2), not save vs. spells.

Not really, since the actual Finger of Death spell requires a save vs. spells at -2 both in BG2 and PnP AD&D (check the spell description).

The Rogue's Cowl is usable by Monks

Not intended, it will be fixed.

#42 Longinus

Longinus
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 01:54 AM

The Mace of disruption was rendered useless against Kangaxx??? When did that happen? I can understand mods working around such an item (with AI that kills the person wielding it, or an enemy avoiding the wielder) but making a perfectly valid item worthless is a bit over the top.

Undead are very weak in BG2 without enhanced A.I. though.
"If you remember me, then you must also remember what you did!"

~ Edge, Panzer Dragoon Saga

#43 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 12:55 AM

As far as I know, the Tactics Mod (Improved Kangaxx and guardians) makes Kangaxx to 'take' the Mace of Disruption so it cannot be used against him in that combat. It works just as the Improved Irenicus fight, where the differents fragments of Irenicus take several magic items from your inventory before the battle.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#44 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:43 PM

I have decided to tone down the Spelldiver and Silent Death short swords a bit, so v2.34 has been updated with the new files today.

Spelldiver now only has 25% chance of causing miscast magic on the target, and the Silence ability of Silent Death now has a Save vs. Breath requirement (with no penalty) to better go in line with the choking poison description. For more details check out the revised item descriptions in the first post of this thread.

#45 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:01 AM

Again, good changes there aVENGER. Keep up the work!
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.