Photo

Patch .34

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:10 AM

The Priestess of Umberlee (TC version) doesn't use the Priestess of Umberlee (TC version) dialog, but the original dialog (PPUMB01.DLG instead of TCPUMB01.DLG). No wonder she won't talk to us...

Edited by flem, 16 February 2006 - 12:28 AM.

#82 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:51 AM

G) The big vaultlike door (to nowhere) in one corner of the crypt makes shutting and opening noises that are reversed.

Btw -- neat to see Sigil again.

H) Grammatical errors in Priestess' explanation: "waylaid by these priestS", "caught in the graveyard THERE".

#83 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:17 AM

The Priestess of Umberlee (TC version) doesn't use the Priestess of Umberlee (TC version) dialog, but the original dialog (PPUMB01.DLG instead of TCPUMB01.DLG). No wonder she won't talk to us...

I did a GetGlobal("TCBaneQuest","TC0025") and got a "does not exist"
I did a GetGlobal("TCBaneBooks","GLOBAL") and got a "does not exist"
In TCPUMB01.d there is a check on ("TCBaneQuest","TC0025")
should this check be on ("TCBaneChild","TC0025") ?

Edited by MythrylEagle, 16 February 2006 - 08:52 AM.

Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#84 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

If you edit TCPUMB01.CRE to use the correct dialog file (the .DLG of the same name), everything works fine. (Well, except you'll have to destroy the priestess who's already there and CLUA in a new one, but the quest checks all seem to work out.) TCBaneBooks should be zero until she asks you to meet her outside. TCBaneQuest is a separate variable, actually *set* by the priestess, that triggers a nice dialog after she leaves your outside meeting.

Edited by flem, 16 February 2006 - 11:10 AM.

#85 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

Okay, priestess noted.

As for the little girl, the conflict may be between my script making her appear and disappear, and with any day/night appearance settings her CRE file has in the area. I will have to check. It shoulds like it may be better for me to remove her from the area all together and just have her appear at the right moment.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#86 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:19 AM

A few more .34a comments.
I've lost track of what I've posted and what I haven't posted, so forgive me if there are some repeats.

a) Rilither Biography - "bloodily murder most" - "bloodily murdered most"

B) If I drop Rilithar he has nothing to say to me

c) Crismar - Crispin (both are used for same character)

d) There is a Robe of Good ArchMagi in the Mistmoor vault. The previous reports of the Evil Robes occuring in earlier modules resulted in mods. I'm reporting this one also but for an 8th and 9th level party its now no longer excessive treasure (In my humble opinion.)

e) Alzoth - Azloth (both are used for same character)

f) some of the doorways in Mistmoor are hard to get a party through. I usually have to approach the doorways several times to find the right party grouping and direction to be able to pass through.

g) Mistmoor manor Map, troll outdoors - mouse pointer identified troll as "Freshwater troll" , Feedback text identifies troll as "Giant troll" - is this consistant? also, I attacked troll with "teargiver" only and backed away when damage was getting close to kill, troll died and was destroyed by "1 pt poison" damage that continued during additional rounds. This is contrary to item description.

h) Mistmoor NPC
Althon - drop OK, Readd OK, leaves for Balthis Estate (did not confirm that he really goes here)
Blush - drop OK, readd OK, leaves (did not determine where she goes)
Aesdale - drop OK, readd OK, if sent away Blush goes with him, leaves for Saltmarch Inn
Rihn - drop OK, readd OK, leaves for Saltmarch Inn (did not confirm that he goes here) [Is saltmarsh Inn the logical place for Rihn to go?]
Vildamyr - drop OK, readd OK, leaves for Inn at Mistmoor (did not confirm that he goes here)

i) Ildacer's shield - "with the city limits" - "within the city limits"

j) Erenbreus - Erebus (both are used)

k) Vildamyr's new Armor - "Dawn's Embrace' has no inventory icon.

l) Mistmoor manor map 1st level - the blue exit polygon is not aligned with the front doors.
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#87 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:43 AM

c) Crismar - Crispin (both are used for same character)

e) Alzoth - Azloth (both are used for same character)

j) Erenbreus - Erebus (both are used)

k) Vildamyr's new Armor - "Dawn's Embrace' has no inventory icon.

Originally I had named them Crismar, Azloth and Erenbreus. The original module used Erebus I didn't really like it so I had changed it. Vildamyr's armor was going to use bathed in blood's icon.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#88 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

g) Mistmoor manor Map, troll outdoors - mouse pointer identified troll as "Freshwater troll" , Feedback text identifies troll as "Giant troll" - is this consistant? also, I attacked troll with "teargiver" only and backed away when damage was getting close to kill, troll died and was destroyed by "1 pt poison" damage that continued during additional rounds. This is contrary to item description.

I think the description should say 1 pt bleeding damage. It is a magical effect, not poison.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#89 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

The sword is really just a version of the sword "Jhor the Bleeder +2". It also uses poison damage as a way of forcing more damage out of a hit after a hit is made. Not sure why the text says Poison, it should say exactly the same as the Jhor sword. I will have to verify this.

Classic Adventures

#90 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

more .34a comments:

1.) More of the side-quests should be added to the journal entries.

2.) Journal entries: after completing Mistmoor main quest, I'm getting the stressed cow quest listed in both the un-completed Quest journal and the completed Quest Journal.

#91 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

2.) Journal entries: after completing Mistmoor main quest, I'm getting the stressed cow quest listed in both the un-completed Quest journal and the completed Quest Journal.

Yeah this is a strange bug in the BG engine. I had this problem with SoBH also. The solution for the ones that will not unsolve themselves is to go back to the area and add some code to force a removal of the quest journal. If I remember right, I have some of this at the end of Chapter 1, after you talk to Jermien for the last time. None of the apples quests would clear from the journal correctly.

Are you finding any other journal entries sticking to the quest log? Since I jump around in the game looking for bugs, I haven't actually sat down and played this mod completely since, hmm, probably June.

Classic Adventures

#92 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:38 PM

Are you finding any other journal entries sticking to the quest log? Since I jump around in the game looking for bugs, I haven't actually sat down and played this mod completely since, hmm, probably June.

Me too, I have tested areas played through sections but I haven't gone from start to finish since early autumn. I have been to busy with the NPC's.