Patch .34

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

1) Calcryx says "I held" should be "I yield"

2) Meepo still not working completely as intended. If I ask Meepo to guide but not join party he will not follow party to next map and is left at the door. This is not a big problem because Calcryx is fixed and I can get him to surrender. However, cut scene with Yusdrayl included dialog between Yusdrayl and Meepo and Meepo is still back at the entrance door to goblin level.

If I add Meepo to party then at completion of calcryx quest Meepo turns neutral but is still listed in party. I can successfully drop Meepo from party at this point but I cannot get Meepo to act as a friendly party member from this point on.

3) noticed in .34a that necklace of missiles has been replaced. probably a good idea because it was too powerful and made the citidel module too easy.

4) also noticed in .34a some bantar by paraway triggered by a bird. Never saw this before. Was this bantar there in .33? Have you continued to add new bantar in .34 and .34a and do I need to continue reading with an editorial eye?

Edited by MythrylEagle, 03 February 2006 - 10:17 AM.

Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#42 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

6) If you mouth off at Yusdrayl and get her angry, only she turns hostile... The rest of the kobolds don't.

#43 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

3, 4 - The necklace is gone. Nothing new for Paraway's dialogs, these are the same.

1 - 2 - I didn't mess with Meepo at all other than some typos. I guess I need to go back and work on him again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#44 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:52 PM

More nits with .34A:

6) Ned now "has nothing to say" if you don't take him into the party. Won't take his stuff back or anything. He doesn't follow much any more, either.

7) Kveroslava repeatedly says "vengence" instead of "vengeance".

8) If you tell the Captain you're not yet ready to go for the boat and come back fairly quickly, the whole "meeting" dialogue starts again from the beginning. But telling her you're ready THEN just ends the conversation with no response explaining what comes next.

9) Invisible undroppable stuff in the bags at the bottom of the ship. Probably random.

10) Not sure which of these caused it, but: I joined Aesdale and had to drop someone from my party, picking Rurik. I immediately got Rurik's leave/rejoin dialog, and sent him off. Ended up having to drop some things because of quest items he had. Either this or just having to do the leave/rejoin dialog in the first place knocked me out of cutscene mode, so that the entire Blush/Althon dialog was done with visible control...

No harm on this one, though, since I popped back into the ship afterwards as it was supposed to. (Of course, Rurik won't talk to me when I go back to Saltmarsh, but that's discussed in the other thread.)

11) Althon, IIRC, speaks to Blush of "trechery" instead of "treachery".

#45 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

Kveroslava? Who?

6 - Ned still doesn't follow you? He doesn't have much dialog at this point. He does have a script that should have him ask for his equipment. I will have to check on that.

11 - fixed.

Classic Adventures

#46 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:18 PM

Kveroslava? Who?

6 - Ned still doesn't follow you? He doesn't have much dialog at this point. He does have a script that should have him ask for his equipment. I will have to check on that.

Kveroslava: refugee camp wife. The one who reads your palm.

Ned: he used to follow you (though there were some bugs), now he doesn't... Did your general overhaul of NPC scripts touch his?

#47 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:24 PM

12) Sune's Veil only grants AC6, not 4 as the description says.

And Rurik "has nothing to say" even when he bows out of the party voluntarily for Blush, I'm afraid...

#48 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:50 PM

Running .34a

1) After Calcryx is returned, cage still is described as "This empty cage..."

Sir BillyBob - Is there a way to run spellcheck on the dialog files you use in CA? Or can the dialog files be downloaded into a text file that can be spellchecked and then the noted corrections then made to the appropriate CA dialog files? Many of the typos found over the last few weeks might have been detected using a spellchecker. Just a thought. If this is something I can do for you to help the project just let me know what files to look at or whatever else I can do to help.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 07 February 2006 - 12:59 PM.

Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#49 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

The problem has been my Japanese Word. When I send files to Sir BillyBob the text sometimes gets mixed up due to fonts which do not exist in the English versions of Word. Personally I would love to have someone proof read all of the texts. What do you think Sir BillyBob?

Edited by leahnkain, 07 February 2006 - 04:40 PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#50 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:53 AM

Running patch .34a

spoiler!!!

1) Rurik says "Once we are none" should be "Once we are done"

2) Experimented with Jot the quasit. It took several tries but I found a simple way to defeat him. I just had everyone in the party use +1 missile weapons. It only took two rounds and did not require either a strategy nor items that were unreasonable. It is important not to approach Jot, if you do he runs away(I found surrounding didn't prevent his fleeing). I only bring this up because the 6000 exp for Jot seems a lot for a second level party. The dragonpriest, who required 5-10 rounds and a fire source (now that I don't have my necklace I have to use my lone fire potion) is only worth 710 exp and the boss monster of the module The Outcast is only worth 2000 exp. If the intention in CA is for the party not to be able to defeat Jot then there are several options you might consider like; immunity to magical missiles, Jot automatically leaving at end of dialog, or making him unkillable. There are probably many other options you can consider.

3) After completing Gulthias tree quest and returning to Kobold chief for reward I chose to attack Kobolds. many of the Kobolds turned hostile and attacked ( This is a partial fix from pre - .34a) however there are still some kobolds who remain neutral. I attacked a Kobold in the passage close to the underdark exit, all the Kobolds in that passagway became hostile as well as most of the kobolds in the main hall including the kobold Chief. 2 Kobolds in the south end of the main Hall and 1 of the kobolds @ the doorway to the goblin warrens and all other kobolds remained neutral including the Kobolds in the barracks. After killing all the hostile kobolds I moved to the original entrance to the level and proceeded toward the main Kobold hall. As I attacked the first kobold I approached the remaining kobolds became hostile as I approached them including the kobolds in the barracks. Even after this series of attacks there were a couple of kobolds that remained neutral. The fix employed in .34a is an improvement over previous versions but it does leave some instances of kobolds remaining neutral even though they witnessed an attack. And in no case do they seek out enemies if they a beyond sight range.

4) Return to burning village. You witness the dying of Kyland Lind and Orc as you enter cave. Is the explanation of the scene that they kill each other simutaneously and that you just happened to time your entrance at the climatic moment. If so, you might consider a dying banter from Kyland Lind.

5) Belek wand issue seems to be fixed.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 08 February 2006 - 12:04 PM.

#51 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:20 PM

Spelling checks can be done by loading any .D file into MS Word. They are text files. However, make sure they get saved out as text files, sometimes Word tells you that you should change them to DOC formats which will kill the install. I have only run a few of the chapter 1 dialogs through any spelling checks. I haven't done the Saltmarsh and beyond files yet. I do find that Word is not always the best on grammer checking but it does find the obvious errors (duplicate words, etc).

2. Jot is supposed to run away. You should be getting a quick dialog that says you freed him. It sounds like it has taken you awhile to find a way to kill him. I never could. I can drop the XP down but maybe this should stay in as an Easter Egg? By the way, didn't you ever get the Acid Arrows? That is what I use on him. You did find these, right?

3. I guess the Shout script still isn't triggering everyone. The Bounders are the guards and would have better attack scripts. The "regular" kobolds are not normally going to attack you unless provoked. If you attacked everyone, then I need to verify that they are using the same script as the Bounders to fight back.

4. Yes, they kill each other. I thought about a dialog but then dropped the idea. I don't remember why.

5. Glad to hear that one is fixed.

6. Rurik was working for me! I am not sure why you are still having a problem. I guess I need to rebuild a game from scratch and test it. Maybe I have a change to the script that I never included in the patches.

7. Cage - noted, got to figure the best way to fix.

Classic Adventures

#52 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:39 AM

Spelling checks can be done by loading any .D file into MS Word. They are text files. However, make sure they get saved out as text files, sometimes Word tells you that you should change them to DOC formats which will kill the install. I have only run a few of the chapter 1 dialogs through any spelling checks. I haven't done the Saltmarsh and beyond files yet. I do find that Word is not always the best on grammer checking but it does find the obvious errors (duplicate words, etc).

I will try a few and let you know what I find.

I can drop the XP down but maybe this should stay in as an Easter Egg?
By the way, didn't you ever get the Acid Arrows?

Players always like to discover difficult encounters that require innovative approaches/tactics providing unusual rewards and experience. It is also one of the features that cause some players to replay the game and also results in increased playing time adding to overall satisfaction in the game. Some of the best BG forum topics have been the strategies for dragons and drizzt. Leaving it in as an easter egg may not be a bad strategy at promoting interest in the project.

I do have some acid arrows at the end of chapter 1, but not sure if I had them at the point in time I attacked the dragonpriest. I usually save them for the trolls in chapter 2. But your point in that another option was available is taken, their may even be some 1st level MU spells that work but I usually carry Identify in Chapter 1.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 09 February 2006 - 07:47 AM.

#53 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:21 AM

OK Sir BillyBob I ran spellcheck on the files in the CAPatch.D directory, here is what I found. Some of these you may have already corrected in .34a and in others spellcheck may be wrong.

Berky.d
"sounds like someone was trying to control you with is nonsense" - replace is with this or his

SEVBARO1.d
caused - because
Its horrible - it's horrible
everyone - every one
wailling - wailing
your a blessing - you're a blessing
your no better - you're no better

TCBELAK.d
townfolk - townsfolk or town folk
solstace - solstice this occurs several times

TCERKY.d
to to - to
tresspasser - trespasser
truely - truly
there was four - there were four

TCJERMIE.d
twnetyfive - twenty-five
is is - is it
abilty - ability
lets - let's
amongest - amongst
closeby - close by this occurs several times
travelled - traveled

TCLIZMIN.d
immedately - immediately
build - built
constaint - constant
breath - breathe
existance - existence
enterance - entrance

TCLOGAN.d
captian - captain
townfolk - townsfolk or town folk occurs several times
brandys - brandies

TCNED.d
your - your're
vengence - vengeance

TCPARAJ.d
to a elf - to an elf
why are you here Althon needs "?"

TCRIL.d
upstair's - upstairs
it's full - its full
to much sorrow - too much sorrow
this my jocasta's lab - this was Jocasta's lab

TCRURIKJ.d
its just - it's just
its me - it's me

TCSALTCA.d
thinks it some army - thinks it is some army
it's own problems - its own problems
fould - found occurs twice
signalling - signaling
yeld - yield
writting - writing
the the - the
coucil - council
losey - lousy
of of - of
smuggers - smugglers
comming - coming
discoverys - discoveries
findout - find out
sahuagin - what is the proper plural? possessive? etc not sure we are consistant

TCSHADO.d
rathole - rat hole occurs several times

TRMERO2.d
livelyhoods - livelihoods

Sir BillyBob, after I first posted this for you I figured out how to check the other .d files and how to make sure I was using the latest version of each file. I will post my findings over the next few days in subsets. Is this format satisfactory. I'm assuming that you will want to make the actual editorial corrections to your master files.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 09 February 2006 - 10:41 AM.

#54 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

Perfect. Yes, I am working up a large .35 package (full mod) that I would like to put these into.

Classic Adventures

#55 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

1) When the mother ogre magi calls for help nothing happens. The son's don't become active until party comes into range. This battle is much too easy.

Here are some more spell check results:

BAESDALE.d
know were - know where
seperate - separate
It it - It is

BALTHON.d
prehpas - perhaps (occurs several times)
blues eyes - blue eyes
ontine - on time
judgement - judgment

BBLUSH.d
is't - it's
trainined - trained

BPARA.d
twentysix - twenty-six or twenty six

BRIHN.d
hier - heir
it's blade - its blade

RUMORI.d
But its - But it's

TCAESDAJ.d
is a alchemy - is an alchemy

TCALTHOS.d
recieved - received

TCBALTHI.d
interfers - interferes

TCDERIL.d
disembowled - disemboweled

TCDIRBEJ.d
stiring - stirring
Dirbet - Dirbert (might be intentional)

TCFALA.d
Fala'str - Fala'stra (I found her spelling to be inconsistent throughout many of the dialog files.)
townfolk - townsfolk or town folk

TCFARM02.d
week Found - week. Found

TCFEM01.d
recieved - received (occurs more than once)

TCKOBWIZ.d
happend - happened (occurs more than once)
redemed - redeemed

TCLIZKNG.d
One we may have able - One, we may have been able
sahaugin - sahuagin
patiences - patience

TCLIZSSH.d
disreguards - disregards
hurray - hurry
forseen - foreseen

TCMERMAN.d
sufficating - suffocating
assult - assault
assualt - assault

TCMMBOY1.d
heros - heroes (this is what WORD says is the proper plural)

TCMMCRIS.d
welder - wielder (not sure about the context of this one)

TCMMDWRF.d
Falla'str - Fala'stra (another spelling?)

TCMMELF2.d
Thelmus - Thanis (husband and wife are spelled different)

TCMMEREB.d
familily - family
withdrawl - withdrawal

TCMMGHO.d
your a ghost - You're a ghost
you cousin - your cousin
probably meet - probably met

TCMMGRD.d
Rilathar - Rilithar

TCMMMAN2.d
heros - heroes

TCMMMAN3.d
awaken - awakened
devore - devour

TCMMMAN4.d
Rilthar's - Rilithar's (occurs more than once, may be intentional)

TCMMMAN5.d
he has be - he has been

TCMMMAN7.d
Falla'stra - Fala'stra (another spelling, seen so many different spellings not sure what is the correct one)
alot - a lot

TCMMNOB1.d
slimey - slimy

TCMMWOM1.d
alot - a lot

TCNEDJ.d
shankshift - shankshaft (I'm including this one without really checking which is correct.)

I'm about halfway through the .d files. Next post should include the remainder.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 10 February 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#56 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

I completed the spellcheck on all the .d files in CA033MM\D, CA034a\D, CApatch\D, and Classics\D

Here are the remaining comments:

TCPAT01.d
mutalations - mutilations (occurs several times, probably an intentional spelling error)

TCPUMB01.d
preceive - perceive
these priest - these priests
planing - planning
Zhentral - Zhentarum (inconsistent ussage, not sure what is correct)

TCRIL.d
upstair's - upstairs' (WORD)
it's full glory - its full glory
to much sorrow - too much sorrow
This my Jocasta's - This is Jocasta's

TCSAHUA2.d
roth - (what is a roth?)

TCSHADOJ.d
swordman - swordsman

TRFTOW02.d
everytime - every time

TRGYP02.d
ahold - a hold
vengence - vengeance (occurs several times, already mentioned by flem in previous post)
simole - simple

(There are several .d file related to the trademeet town - are these still used - if so there are a number of obsolete dialogs)

UHKID02.d
Derbert - Dirbert

Sir BillyBob, How else can I help? I'm running through the game one more time, currently in chapter 2, but I think that what you have posted through Mistmoor is in pretty good shape. How long till Selgaunt is released? I'm enjoying the classic adventures so much it's torture having to wait.

#57 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:37 AM

Falla'stra has gone through some name changes (1 or 2 "L"s?) and so I probably didn't go back and fix the other dialogs to match. Thanks for finding this.

Unfortunately Selgaunt may take some time. I am working on the first area (bridge into city). The water overlays seem to be working but I noticed some graphics on the bridge that don't look right so I will have to fix them. However, this breaks the water overlay so I will have to do it again. You will not enter Selgaunt itself for sometime. I will post my plans here soon to explain this.

BTW, are you also having problems with Rurik?

Classic Adventures

#58 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:56 AM

TCMMELF2.d
Thelmus - Thanis (husband and wife are spelled different)

That is intentional. Silmura Thelmus and Darkthanis have different family names...consider her very indepenant. I will probably add to her in the future.

Edited by leahnkain, 12 February 2006 - 05:23 AM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#59 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

Got some more comments for .34a

1) small spiders in upstairs of haunted house were held by their own webs.

2) Sanbalet dialog says - "(You see a wand in his hand)" but there is no wand in possessions. (he does caste MM) Should treasure include MM wand even if there are no charges?

3) Ned has second set of items even though I never gave the original equipment back.

4) still a mystery item/cursed item in mayors council chambers desk.

5) On return from haunted house, council meeting dialog occurs @ appropriate time. at conclusion, if talk to captain the dialog is repeated.

6) Robe of Evil Archmagi - (very rich for level 2)

7) Bosun continues to drink multiple potions until party within sight then drinks one last potion.

8) Killed all pirates except Bosun on deck of ship by luring them toward party. then moved to within sight of Bosun, Bosun then makes comment about Sanbalet but remains neutral and visible. Then attack Bosun and battle proceeds as normal.

9) still mystery/curse item in bottom hold of boat.

10) When rurik leaves party and returns to shop - still not working as shop.

11) Not all NPC's drop/re-add properly
a) drop Rurik - answers (nothing to say to you) and will not re-add to party
B) drop Erky - answers (nothing to say to you) and will not re-add to party
c) drop Paraway - goes to inn- will re-add to party
d) drop Dirbert - goes to inn- will re-add to party
e) drop Shadow - goes to inn- will re-add to party
f) drop Blush and/or Aesdale - goes to inn- will re-add to party (aesdale in kitchen not expected)

12) Mispelled words in "Teargiver" description - are there item description files that I can spell check for you?

13) Why does Althon's record sheet list - Turn undead level:2 , Lay on Hands: 8 - Does a fallen cavalier get these abilities?

14) Paraway has dialog about Black Wolf Talisman - Is there a follow up dialog with aesdale?

15) Althon dialog - "Paraway has left", yet Paraway is still in party.

16) Ring of Wizardry - bonus 5th,6th and 7th spells , Would ring of acuity with lower level spells be more appropriate? - also - Item description says "originally commissioned by <Player1>. I didn't commission the ring but found it (on the boat I think?)

17) Wyvern outdoor map - map exit icon on SW corner is still a "?" and not a "Compass"

18) Noticied that pickpocketing the lizardmen no longer has same benefits as before. - I think this is a good fix.

19) The following dialog occurs and I don't think the last line is intended:
Dirbert - sounds great! I can give you a lot of pointers!
Aesdale - Dagger proficiency Increase: Aesdale
Aesdale - Azloth

20) Noticed several new items in .34a for Althon, Aesdale and Blush - all seem to work properly.

#60 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

more comments for .34a

1) Althon's sword description says it won't destroy trolls but poison damage does appear to destroy trolls.

2) "Army of One" scroll cannot be written to spellbook.

3) "Ray of Frost" scroll - tried to write to spellbook, claims already in spellbook but it is not.