Patch .34

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:28 PM

Weapon, spell, and other descriptions are right in the TP2 file. It is a standard text file, so you can read it with Word also. I did this awhile back to check all the spells (TDD had some horrible spelling errors).

Blank random items are something I still need to track down and figure out what is wrong.

Trolls are immune to poison, aren't they? The sword shouldn't be able to kill them with poison.

Ring of Wizardry sounds like an additional problem with the random treasures.

Who as (had) the Robe of Evil Magi?

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#62 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

Trolls are immune to poison, aren't they? The sword shouldn't be able to kill them with poison.

How does this sound, Teargivers enchantments hinder a Troll?s ability to regenerate.

Edited by leahnkain, 13 February 2006 - 04:35 PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#63 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:53 PM

That is what the sword does now. On a hit, it removes the special ability trolls have to regen. This means that a troll can be brought down to 1 HP. I guess without that ability, the troll can now die on a successful hit from the sword or probably any other weapon also.

Classic Adventures

#64 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

more patch .34a

1) I killed the Lizard engineer then left Sahuagin fortress to resupply/heal/rest. Noticed that Mistmooor is now on my world map. I used to have to talk to someone else before mistmoor became accessable.

2) Completed sahuagin quests and got Lizardmen to feed saltmarch. Still can't find girl to start crypt quest.

3)Noticed that the door guard in Umberlee temple is now gone. I'm confused as to the intended order of events. Is Umberlee temple upstairs or the crypt first. Not sure I've ever done this quest sequence in proper order. I've always snuck into the crypt through the leaky door without ever recieving the quest start dialogs. this time I'm trying to wait for the proper events to happen but i'm getting impatient thinking someting is broke.

4) The lizardmen special weapons are now unsellable and unusuable but never could get lizardmen to retrieve their special weapons.

5) Is there a safe place to rest on the sahuagin maps? Travel time from the swamp is 1 day. I'm quickly exhausted. If I attempt to sleep on the Sahuagin fortress outdoor map or either of the two levels of the fortress my sleep is interupted. I think i've been able to sleep on the outdoor map but only after clearing the map. This still leaves me with entering the initial battle exhausted.
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#65 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:55 AM

more patch 34a.
I've started the spellcheck on the .TP2 files.
One general comment about WORD, there are a number of differences is spelling between British english and american english, for example: ...re vs ...er and ...our vs ...or
WORD spellcheck has identified a few of these, I have included them in the list but I believe it is reasonable to ignor them.

SETUP-CLASSICS.TP2
stunned for 2 combat round - rounds
staturated - saturated (occurs more than once)
vegtable - vegetable (occurs more than once)
capables - capabilities
materal - material
clanger - clangor (occurs more than once)
infravison - infravision (occurs more than once)
missle - missile
damge - damage (occurs more than once)
conjuratio - conjuration
divine favour - divine favor
the the - the
pont - point
this spell will effect - this spell will affect
favour of tymora - favor of tymora
grey-coloured - grey-colored
this spell call - this spell calls (occurs more than once)
this will effect - this will affect
this spell call the druid - this spell causes the druid
wands.Also unlike - wands. Unlike
armour - armor (occurs more than once)
unlike a regular forms - unlike regular forms
the manipulate - to manipulate
also effected - also affected
formidible - formidable
duraation - duration
thow - throw
defences - defenses
succour - succor
stresses.The - stresses. The
dragon.You - dragon. You
resemblence - resemblance
foul creatures hearts - foul creature's hearts
weiry - weary
drawf - dwarf
reluctanly - reluctantly
stealling - stealing
halfing - halfling
tunnel leds - tunnel leads (occurs more than once)
evaportated - evaporated (occurs more than once)
body appear - body appears
desinged - designed (occurs more than once)

I will continue with the other .TP2 files and post later.
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#66 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:12 AM

more patch 34a.
I've continued the spellcheck on the .TP2 files.

SETUP-CA033MM.TP2
missle - missile
stunned for 2 combat round - rounds
gauntlets end - gauntlets ends
allows - allow
Regine became even more unjoined - (unjoined?)
crossbox - crossbow
creatures hearts - creature's hearts
fustrating - frustrating (occurs more than once)
travelling - traveling (occurs more than once)
versai - versia (spelling not consistant) (occurs more than once)
it is was - it was (occurs more than once)
It's details - Its details (occurs more than once)
imprisioned - imprisoned (occurs more than once)
disasterous - disastrous (occurs more than once)

SETUP-CApatch.TP2
evaportated - evaporated (occurs more than once)
creatures hearts - creature's hearts
calander - calendar
vrs - vs
Arena. (not sure of dialog flow/punctuation?)
defence - defense

SETUP-CA034a.TP2
calander - calendar
vrs - vs
creature's hearts - creature's hearts

#67 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

Sir BillyBob - don't rush to .35 yet, give me a couple of days to expore the Mistmoor NPCs one more time.
In a previous post you asked me to check out Meepo, Ril, Rurik, and CTD.
I addressed Meepo and Rurik. see previous posts.
I haven't had a chance to check out the drop and add mechanics yet for any of the Mistmoor NPCs .
Also, what were you referring to by CTD in the previous post.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 14 February 2006 - 10:25 AM.

#68 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

CTD (Crash to Desktop) can sometimes show up in areas if a container, water overlay or ambient sound isn't there. I was just curious if you have had any problems with any particular areas. I haven't but that doesn't mean that all the ambient sound files I have are actually in the mod packages you have installed.

I suspect all the needed files are there. I will be really curious to see if I can make sure all the files are also in .35. One of the changes I am doing is pulling ambient WAV files from the compressed bif files already in the game. In the current games, I include them already. So by using what the game already gives you, I hope to compress the full .35 package down in size. Also, I just reduced the volume of Althon's soundset and compressed those files. This should help as well.

Don't expect version .35 in the next few days. Just because you found a problem doesn't mean that I can fix it immediately. Look at the lingering problem with Rurik. :blink:

Classic Adventures

#69 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

I will make sure to use American spelling...sorry about this one. It is correct but I guess in the US British spelling or Canadian spelling is going to be confusing if we mix up the too. You may find that center has been spelled centre by me also.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#70 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:12 PM

more patch .34a

1) I killed the Lizard engineer then left Sahuagin fortress to resupply/heal/rest. Noticed that Mistmooor is now on my world map. I used to have to talk to someone else before mistmoor became accessable.

That should not be the case. The area is connected to the fortress and anytime you leave the fortress area, the Mistmoor area should appear on your map. There are no people that direct you to Mistmoor.

2) Completed sahuagin quests and got Lizardmen to feed saltmarch. Still can't find girl to start crypt quest.

Check these globals:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("TCGoToSelgaunt","GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("TCBaneChild","TC0025")

After talking to the captian, the first should now be set to 1 and the second set to 2. If this is not the case, outside of the mayor's house, set these using SetGlobal("TCGoToSelgaunt","GLOBAL",1) and SetGlobal("TCBaneChild","TC0025",2). This should allow her to appear.

3)Noticed that the door guard in Umberlee temple is now gone. I'm confused as to the intended order of events. Is Umberlee temple upstairs or the crypt first. Not sure I've ever done this quest sequence in proper order. I've always snuck into the crypt through the leaky door without ever recieving the quest start dialogs. this time I'm trying to wait for the proper events to happen but i'm getting impatient thinking someting is broke.

Interesting because he will disappear if the TCGoToSelgaunt variable is "1" so this looks like it is working. You should be able to go upstairs now. Look around. There is a strange book on a shelf. Identify it and go talk to the priestess downstairs about it.

4) The lizardmen special weapons are now unsellable and unusuable but never could get lizardmen to retrieve their special weapons.

That is because I haven't included this dialog yet.

5) Is there a safe place to rest on the sahuagin maps? Travel time from the swamp is 1 day. I'm quickly exhausted. If I attempt to sleep on the Sahuagin fortress outdoor map or either of the two levels of the fortress my sleep is interupted. I think i've been able to sleep on the outdoor map but only after clearing the map. This still leaves me with entering the initial battle exhausted.

The fortress areas all have a random chance of an encounter when you sleep. Chance outside is 60%. Chance inside is 75%. Luck isn't with you it seems.

Classic Adventures

#71 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:52 AM

I will make sure to use American spelling...sorry about this one. It is correct but I guess in the US British spelling or Canadian spelling is going to be confusing if we mix up the too. You may find that center has been spelled centre by me also.

If I may add my two cents...don't even worry about this. Spell how you spell, just as long as it's proper English, whether that be British, Canadian, or American. :)

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd

#72 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:40 AM

If I may add my two cents...don't even worry about this. Spell how you spell, just as long as it's proper English, whether that be British, Canadian, or American. :)

likewise: UK spellings are not mis-spellings. As long as it's internally consistent, it doesn't matter which version of English you use.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#73 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

likewise: UK spellings are not mis-spellings. As long as it's internally consistent, it doesn't matter which version of English you use.

I'm in agreement with 'seanas' and 'The Wizard' in that the UK spellings are OK. As was in my original post it was my opinion to just ignore these "MSWORD" mis-spellings. I just included them to provide a comprehensive list. Well I say that, but I did omit many of the slang terms and nonstandard abrev. (like gotta, ya, yer, hmmpf, ...) from the list because they made sense to me in the context of their usage.

My other comment is that some of the UK spellings are part of a unique item description/name that has been incorporated from another source. These items should probably keep there traditional name spellings in spite of their minor inconsistancy in the language use. But hey, I'm an engineer by training not a linguist.

#74 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:22 PM

Who as (had) the Robe of Evil Magi?

I found the Robe of the Evil Archmagi in the room with all the golden objects (haunted house). I think it was on the dead body.

Sir BillyBob, I don't know if you watch the amount of traffic this forum is getting but today at ~1:30, not too long after my previous post, there were 9 users viewing this forum topic at the same time. I haven't really been watching but the few times I looked before its been at most 3. Given the variety of time zones represented by the users (Tokyo for example) 9 was a lot.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 15 February 2006 - 12:31 PM.

#75 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:25 PM

more patch .34a

Check these globals:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("TCGoToSelgaunt","GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("TCBaneChild","TC0025")

After talking to the captian, the first should now be set to 1 and the second set to 2. If this is not the case, outside of the mayor's house, set these using SetGlobal("TCGoToSelgaunt","GLOBAL",1) and SetGlobal("TCBaneChild","TC0025",2). This should allow her to appear.

Interesting because he will disappear if the TCGoToSelgaunt variable is "1" so this looks like it is working. You should be able to go upstairs now. Look around. There is a strange book on a shelf. Identify it and go talk to the priestess downstairs about it.

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("TCGoToSelgaunt","GLOBAL") is set to 1
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("TCBaneChild","TC0025") is set to 2

These variables were already correct.

I went upstairs and retrieved book (and Identified it). Tried talking to everyone upstairs all said to go talk to the bitch downstairs. Tried talking to bitch, only the normal 2 shop dialog options were available. (I have never gotten the dialog which gets me the crypt key.) Has anyone else ever gotten the crypt key?

Still no girl outside. Where is she supposed to be located?

#76 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

Spoiler:

If you have either book:

PartyHasItem("TCBOOK06")
PartyHasItem("BOOK59")

She should have an option where you can say:

"You have a strange collection of books upstairs."

She will tell you to go outside and talk. This is where she will give you the key. Not inside (where she is under their watch).

As I said before, the girl is right outside the doorway of the Mayor's house.

I found the Robe of the Evil Archmagi in the room with all the golden objects (haunted house). I think it was on the dead body.

Damn, no wonder I couldn't find it! I forgot to look there. I did modify the robe you will find on a sahuagin necromancer. It won't be worth so much now. Okay, so I need to tone down this robe also. It shouldn't be worth so much.

Classic Adventures

#77 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

Roth - cattle like creatures in the Underdark. The drow have herds of them and some of the noble families are responsible for their care (read the War of the Spider Queen, The Legend of Drizzt, or the Starlight and Shadows series for more info).

proper English, whether that be British, Canadian, or American.

Gee, it is nice to think some people out there think Americans speak "proper" English. I will probably try to make sure it is one common English for all spellings if I can. I am not going to go back and "fix" BioWare's English though some of the fixed bugs above are actually their's.

As far as I can tell, a fallen paladin still gets credit for abilities like Turn-Undead, they just can't use those skills while Fallen. I guess this is no different than a fighter/mage wearing platemail still gets to increase spell slots, he just can't cast them while wearing the mail.

I fixed all the doors in Saltmarsh (outside area). Now you have to open the door before you can enter it. Common sense here but a flag for blocked doorways was not set on these doors in the Trademeet version of this area. Or they got reset when I changed everything. Either way, no cheating to the tombs.

Edit: Oh, the spiders, they come straight from BioWare. Don't ask me why the get stuck in their own webs. Maybe they get stuck in the other spider's web? I will have to see about fixing this anyway. Logically it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 15 February 2006 - 06:35 PM.

Classic Adventures

#78 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

Back on the bug quest. I've forgotten what number I'm on, though, so I'll start letters.

A) Aristocratic house music playing in lizardman vestibule.

B ) Journal entry on getting Sahaugin area on map duplicates the one on talking to the Militia Captain about the issue beforehand.

C) The lizardmen don't mind you rummaging through their drawers for spare potions of storm giant strength!?

D) In the Sahaugin seige, talking to a militia guard causes them to talk of crimes against Sembia and all attack each other... for one round.

E) Druids have Stoneskin at level 3, making the level 5 Ironskins spell redundant. This pumps up the class power too much, I think.

F) Althon has max possible HP at level 4.

Incidentally, it seems the spiders only LOOK like they're held... They can move. At least the spiders in the swamp.

Edited by flem, 15 February 2006 - 11:18 PM.

#79 flem

flem
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

As I said before, the girl is right outside the doorway of the Mayor's house.

I had this problem in too, both in previous versions and now. My guess is that it's because the code has Lise (TRKID01.CRE, an original Trademeet child, repurposed here) not present in the area (TC0025) at all hours -- just regular daylight times. But that could be totally wrong.

Anyway, you can just CLUA her in.

Edited by flem, 15 February 2006 - 11:18 PM.

#80 TheWizard

TheWizard
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:39 PM

Even if it's not internally consistent, I don't think it's a big deal. Brits can, for the most part, understand American English and vice versa.

Original Characters and Creatures - http://www.iegmc.org/dnd