• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#61 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:05 AM

Thanks seanas...Will update the compatibility list accordingly although I believe that CamDawg reported it to be compatible in the BG2 Tweaks Beta... :cheers:

#62 -ryba-

-ryba-

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:16 AM

Thanks seanas...Will update the compatibility list accordingly although I believe that CamDawg reported it to be compatible in the BG2 Tweaks Beta... :cheers:

about multiclass mastery from bg2 tweaks
i isnatlled it, before i read this thread and i was able to give my fighter/cleric 3 stars in hammers when i was creating him, what is this incombatiblity? he will be only seen by game as having 2 stars or i can have some crashes? the game works, i finished dungeon/circus/salvers incopper coronet

#63 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:40 AM

about multiclass mastery from bg2 tweaks
i isnatlled it, before i read this thread and i was able to give my fighter/cleric 3 stars in hammers when i was creating him, what is this incombatiblity? he will be only seen by game as having 2 stars or i can have some crashes? the game works, i finished dungeon/circus/salvers incopper coronet

the incompatibility is that the old multiclass GM only went up to level 40, altho BP lets you go to level 50. so no: no crashes will happen; yr character just won't get any more proficiencies after they pass level 40.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#64 5th_horseman

5th_horseman
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:24 PM

I have a number of small mods I've downloaded, but are not on the compatability list. What would be indications of compatability or non-compatability, anything that replaces are, bcs, ids, 2da file would be questionable, what esle should I look for?

#65 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

I have a number of small mods I've downloaded, but are not on the compatability list. What would be indications of compatability or non-compatability, anything that replaces are, bcs, ids, 2da file would be questionable, what esle should I look for?

the general rule is: overwriting .are, .wed, .bcs, .ids, or .2da files is likely to cause issues at some point. if you look out for these, you'll be largely bug-free. and to be perfectly honest, once you start installing mods, 'largely
bug-free' is pretty much a best case scenario.

there're also a slew of mod b vs mod c incompatibilities that are almost impossible to codify - if you've got TDD's kits installed, for example, then any other kit mod is going to be incompatible; or if you've got TS installed, multiple strongholds and/or banter packs may cause you dramas. there're also cases of obscure conflicts, such as mods (some very established) that do EXTEND_TOP to scripts without the necessary Continue()s, and thus cause other scripted events to possibly misfire or behave in nonstandard ways (Immy and FR/ROV in Ar0602; Saerileth in AR0900, Keto in AR0500; off the top of my head). these might not be gamebreakers - so you dont remove the fog of war in the bridge district or the temple district, big deal - or might not happen reliably (Immy and FR/ROV only cause problems intermittently).

and then there're the actual bugs in mods, which accidentally break things they dont mean to break....

so as long as you adhere to the general rule: avoid mods that overwrite .are, .wed, .bcs, .ids, or .2da files, you should be fine.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#66 -ryba-

-ryba-

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:33 AM

i have some info, which is not a problem of bp, but of its interaction with yasreana mod
the component of bp "spellhold" takes away your gear, the problem is yasreana mod gives her when she wakes up in spellhold her 2 swords (i think this mod gives her swords everytime she dies). of course it is mainly yasreana mod problem, but you can put some info that it may spoil slightly experience with one of bp's components

#67 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

Salk: After BP...

"""Ding0's Quest Pack
NOTE: Present incompatibility between BP177 Core AI and Ding0's Quest pack component "Creatures&Area Improvements" - Avoid its installation untill fixed!"""

Two questions:

First, I have noticed that in erebuscant reference weidu.log's DOQuestPack is installed BEFORE BP. Is him wrong? What are the valid/correct instructions?

Second, by "avoid its installation until fixed!!" do you mean avoid the installation of ALL DOQuest Pack components and such the whole mod or just skip out the "Creatures&Area Improvements" piece?

About the Mixmodv5 stated as compatible in the official BGT Weidu 101 compatibility list http://www.shsforums...showtopic=19539, shouldn't it be installed AFTER BP rather than before? It just give a boost (not set) to creatures AC, HP, Saves and THACO without overwriting any file, just by patching and incrementing the proper related fields of them, so i don't see how it could interfere with BP modifications.
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#68 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:35 PM

Salk: After BP...

"""Ding0's Quest Pack
NOTE: Present incompatibility between BP177 Core AI and Ding0's Quest pack component "Creatures&Area Improvements" - Avoid its installation untill fixed!"""

Two questions:

First, I have noticed that in erebuscant reference weidu.log's DOQuestPack is installed BEFORE BP. Is him wrong? What are the valid/correct instructions?

Second, by "avoid its installation until fixed!!" do you mean avoid the installation of ALL DOQuest Pack components and such the whole mod or just skip out the "Creatures&Area Improvements" piece?

About the Mixmodv5 stated as compatible in the official BGT Weidu 101 compatibility list http://www.shsforums...showtopic=19539, shouldn't it be installed AFTER BP rather than before? It just give a boost (not set) to creatures AC, HP, Saves and THACO without overwriting any file, just by patching and incrementing the proper related fields of them, so i don't see how it could interfere with BP modifications.

I answer your questions:

1: Yes, I believe it's wrong to install D0Quest Pack before BP. Both Horred and SimDing0 recommends to install FIRST Big Picture and THEN D0Quest Pack.

2: I meant only the Creatures&Area Improvemnts component. All the rest installs fine

I can't tell you anything about Mixmod since I have never tested it myself but yes, I'd believe it should go after BP...

#69 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Another thing: The Rogue Rebalancing Mod seems to fix a nasty bug of the trueclass bard's song, haven't been this added to BG2 fixpack or to Song & Silence yet? Must i install the second or RRP related component to correct it or it' not neccesary?
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#70 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

AFAIR, i was told to AVOID RReb seriously, because it will mess up the rest of the mods. its an outdated version which overwrites rather than appends, and the original author doesn't want it updated (which is his right as a modder). BG2 fixpack seems to fix a myriad of bugs though, i wouldn't be surprised if it had picked it up.

#71 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:28 AM

Anyone know if PPGs UBBG1 is compatible with a mega-install?

#72 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 06:47 AM

Anyone know if PPGs UBBG1 is compatible with a mega-install?

You can't make any changes to your BG1 installation and expect BGT v1.01 to install correctly. That will only work if running BG1 as a standalone install.

It takes a village...

#73 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

In case anybody needs mxsplprs.2DA for Divine Remix and they can't find it in override after BP install (I could not find it there, even right after a BP177 install)

I edited and fixed the mxsplprs.2DA with near infinity to the correct values.

Take off the .doc at the end of course before you use it!

Also a quick question. In Horred's Readme for BP177 he says stay away from Ease of use true grand mastery as it messes with the level 50 ruleset. The top post says there are no issues with BG2 tweaks which contains that component so am I to assume that those issues were fixed since Horred did the readme for 1.77?

Question answered. Its now compatable using BG2 Tweaks which I assume came out much later then the BP177 readme :)

Attached Files

Edited by zodden, 24 January 2007 - 01:06 PM.

#74 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

What's the issue with DR's mxsplprs.2da?

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#75 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

What's the issue with DR's mxsplprs.2da?

I believe that file in divine remix has the level 40 restrictions and the BP version goes to 50. The problem is that for many its not in override for whatever reason.

#76 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:59 PM

Everything in DR was extended out to level 50 back in September's version 4, including mxsplprs.2da. If that's the only issue for compatibility, you can take it off the list. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#77 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:31 AM

Everything in DR was extended out to level 50 back in September's version 4, including mxsplprs.2da. If that's the only issue for compatibility, you can take it off the list. :)

Thanks Cam

hopefully the front post will be updated!

#78 zodden

zodden
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

From the Top post

"Tougher Sendai component from Oversight is not compatible. Avoid its installation!"

http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=7736

Version 8 of this mod does not overwrite .IDS files so I would imagine that its safe to take this off the list. Having said that I now install this in 2 parts now adding tougher Sendai before BP and then the rest of oversight near the end of the install.

Edited by zodden, 10 February 2007 - 12:42 AM.

#79 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

I read that BPSeries should be install after Big Picture. There is no info about this mod in sean's order list.
Btw. What should I install first: Divine Remix or BPSeries?

#80 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

I read that BPSeries should be install after Big Picture. There is no info about this mod in sean's order list.
Btw. What should I install first: Divine Remix or BPSeries?

it needs to be after one of TDD or BP, as it makes use of TDD's spell list (and BP adds the TDD spells to SPELLS.IDS just in case); if you've got TDD installed, the BPSeries can go before BP; if not, then after BP. other than the BPSeries doesn't really care where it's installed - so before Divine Remix works fine.