• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

As much as I'd like everyone to download and play BG2 Tweaks so I can get more & better bug reports, yes: it's a beta. Don't throw out G3/Tutu Tweaks yet. Especially since one of the big reasons why it's still in beta is a lack of BGT and Tutu testing. :)

On the upside, the XP Cap Remover now goes out to level 50, which was horred's compatibility issue about the old Ease-of-Use one.

Horred has a built in XP Cap in BP so if we use your Beta should we not install your version?

ronin

Ah, didn't know that. In that case, no, BG2 Tweaks' cap remover is redundant and shouldn't be installed.

Also, looking closer at Salk's initial post:

* Change Experience Points Cap

If this is included then the XP cap removal option is redundant. However, the level 20 and 30 caps should work fine.
edit: For clarity's sake, BG2 Tweaks contains a 'Change XP Cap' component, with three options. The first, 'Remove XP Cap', is redundant per ronin's info above. The other two options, 'Cap at Level 20' and 'Cap at Level 30' should be fine. Don't think there's a succint way to say that.

* True Grand Mastery
* Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression

I believe the issue with both if these components from EoU was that they overwrote 2da files and didn't go to level 50. This has been addressed and is no longer be an issue. However, it may also be the case that these are redundant for BP as well--horred throws in a lot of stuff that's not very well documented.

* Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six

What's the compatibility issue here?

Edited by CamDawg, 28 June 2006 - 11:49 AM.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#42 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:56 AM

From the BPv177 readme just in case anyone is curious:

16: Level-50 Ruleset

This is a carryover from classic BP, the place where the "level-50 TDD files" originated.

While I have removed most of the TDD content from BP (save a few spells used by some of my

antagonists), I decided to keep the option for level-50 advancement. It will detect a TDD install

(and skip this component if detected). It is only intended for the in-game classes and kits.

If any modder wishes support for his custom kit added to this list, he must merely contact me with

the request.

ronin

#43 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

If I am not mistaken Big Picture is also considered a Beta release but this is not stopping us from playing it. I would find not recommending another Beta release to use with it quite against the logic behind using Big Picture itself. I know that BG2 Tweak Pack is a Beta version but it's been publically released and I do believe that we should support its use and replace the old and obsolete (as a matter of fact) Ease of Use, G3 Tweaks and TuTu Tweaks (which caused much more confusion than having a single pack file).

CamDawg has not tested it extensively but that doesn't mean that it will not perform well. Technically speaking it's not much more than the former mods merged together making me believe that chances of serious bugs can't be really high. I would still keep it as recommended in the list and eventually discuss possible bugs in here like we do with every and each mod which is compatible with Big Picture. If seanas or Horred will want otherwise, they have full access to editing the initial list.

Edited by Salk, 28 June 2006 - 10:03 PM.

#44 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:08 PM

CamDawg,

all the incompatibilities before under TuTuTweaks/G3 Tweaks/Ease of Use had been reported by Horred himself in different topics and scavenged by me and others so I can't really tell you what exactly might still be or not incompatible after your modifications and Horred's modifications in the latest BP build.

Perhaps seanas or Horred himself will answer your questions in details. Unfortunately I can't.

#45 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:19 AM

If I am not mistaken Big Picture is also considered a Beta release but this is not stopping us from playing it. I would find not recommending another Beta release to use with it quite against the logic behind using Big Picture itself. I know that BG2 Tweak Pack is a Beta version but it's been publically released and I do believe that we should support its use and replace the old and obsolete (as a matter of fact) Ease of Use, G3 Tweaks and TuTu Tweaks (which caused much more confusion than having a single pack file).

CamDawg has not tested it extensively but that doesn't mean that it will not perform well. Technically speaking it's not much more than the former mods merged together making me believe that chances of serious bugs can't be really high. I would still keep it as recommended in the list and eventually discuss possible bugs in here like we do with every and each mod which is compatible with Big Picture. If seanas or Horred will want otherwise, they have full access to editing the initial list.

With all due respect, no. It's marked as a beta for a reason; mainly that I'm not satisfied that it has undergone the testing that I feel it needs. What other modders choose to label as beta is, frankly, not relevant.

Technically speaking, it's a hell of a departure from the previous three mods, especially the former EoU components. Converting Tutu Tweaks to work with BGT threw out a number of bugs; there's no reason to expect anything differently here. I want people to play BG2 Tweaks so I can get it out of beta... but I want them to play knowing full well that it is a beta and bad things may happen. Please stop recommending it for general use, especially given the stable alternatives.

Edited by CamDawg, 29 June 2006 - 05:22 AM.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#46 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:42 AM

I agree with CamDawg, until it gets out of beta i think we should still go with the big 3 tweak packs. Alot of new people come here to find out how to install the "monster" and if they have problems then it will make it harder for CamDawg to fix errors with trying to sort out if its his beta or another part of the installation. Just be patient people it will come out of beta eventually.

ronin

#47 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:29 AM

With all due respect, no. It's marked as a beta for a reason; mainly that I'm not satisfied that it has undergone the testing that I feel it needs. What other modders choose to label as beta is, frankly, not relevant.

Technically speaking, it's a hell of a departure from the previous three mods, especially the former EoU components. Converting Tutu Tweaks to work with BGT threw out a number of bugs; there's no reason to expect anything differently here. I want people to play BG2 Tweaks so I can get it out of beta... but I want them to play knowing full well that it is a beta and bad things may happen. Please stop recommending it for general use, especially given the stable alternatives.

so how could i intentionally test things from this..... would it be best to put it in and try playing normally? or to stress test it by intenionally doing odd things, with regards to the fix components?

#48 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:40 AM

Just play normally, though note we've already gotten one bug report for Misc Bags of Holding (workaround is there as well).

To the moderators: we may want to split this thread as the last 10 posts or so have been about BG2 Tweaks instead of Salk's list.

____

#49 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

I can't find the file MXSPLPRS.2DA as regards Divine Remix to save my life. I found the reference to it in the tp2 files for both DR and BPv177 but can't find the file to make that fix. I've looked in the override folder and everywhere I could find in both DR and BP folders to no avail. If you could give the full path length for finding the file to copy into DR I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanx

#50 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:44 PM

The pathname in the first post is pretty clear. Depending on how you installed your mods, the file might be compressed within a BIF. You can search for the file using Near Infinity or another tool. If it is biffed, hmmm...

In order for the fix to work, Divine Remix must be installed after BP. Install BP, then stop - don't install any more mods. Look for that file in the override. It will be there. Copy it into the DR folder as described by the fix. (Even better: also save the file somewhere, so you'll always have it available.) Then continue installing whatever mods you like.

Edited by Azazello, 08 July 2006 - 07:46 PM.

#51 trainmank

trainmank
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:53 PM

I can't find the file MXSPLPRS.2DA as regards Divine Remix to save my life. I found the reference to it in the tp2 files for both DR and BPv177 but can't find the file to make that fix. I've looked in the override folder and everywhere I could find in both DR and BP folders to no avail. If you could give the full path length for finding the file to copy into DR I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanx

I have the same problem. I found the file mxsplsrc.2da which goes to level 50 whereas mxsplprs goes to level 40. Do they mean replacing one file with the other because I cannot find the mxsplprs.2da file in bp. If anyone has an answer let me know. Thanx

#52 trainmank

trainmank
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

The pathname in the first post is pretty clear. Depending on how you installed your mods, the file might be compressed within a BIF. You can search for the file using Near Infinity or another tool. If it is biffed, hmmm...

In order for the fix to work, Divine Remix must be installed after BP. Install BP, then stop - don't install any more mods. Look for that file in the override. It will be there. Copy it into the DR folder as described by the fix. (Even better: also save the file somewhere, so you'll always have it available.) Then continue installing whatever mods you like.

I only found the file mxsplsrc.2da in override. Do you mean replace mxsplprs with this file.

Edited by trainmank, 08 July 2006 - 08:11 PM.

#53 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:12 PM

Did you stop after installing BP and then look for the file?

#54 trainmank

trainmank
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

no, I installed dotweak and questpack only

#55 trainmank

trainmank
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:42 PM

would it be ok to edit the file in divine remix by adding those 10 lines up to level 50. that are in the file mxsplsrc

#56 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:58 PM

I guess it is possible to do it manually. Create an empty text file, paste the below table into it, save the file as mxsplprs.2da, put into override and DR folder and wherever else you need it to go.

I hope this is the right one!

2DA V1.0
		1   2   3   4   5   6   7
1	   1   0   0   0   0   0   0
2	   2   0   0   0   0   0   0
3	   2   1   0   0   0   0   0
4	   3   2   0   0   0   0   0
5	   3   3   1   0   0   0   0
6	   3   3   2   0   0   0   0
7	   3   3   2   1   0   0   0
8	   3   3   3   2   0   0   0
9	   4   4   3   2   1   0   0
10	  4   4   3   3   2   0   0
11	  5   4   4   3   2   1   0
12	  6   5   5   3   2   2   0
13	  6   6   6   4   2   2   0
14	  6   6   6   5   3   2   1
15	  6   6   6   6   4   2   1
16	  7   6   6   6   4   3   1
17	  7   7   7   6   5   3   2
18	  7   7   7   6   6   4   2
19	  8   7   7   7   6   4   2
20	  8   7   7   7   6   5   2
21	  8   8   7   7   7   6   2
22	  8   8   7   7   7   6   3
23	  8   8   8   7   7   6   3
24	  9   8   8   8   7   7   3
25	  9   9   8   8   8   7   4
26	  9   9   8   8   8   8   4
27	  9   9   9   8   8   8   4
28	  9   9   9   8   8   8   5
29	  9   9   9   9   8   8   5
30	  9   9   9   9   9   8   5
31	  9   9   9   9   9   8   6
32	  9   9   9   9   9   9   6
33	  10   9   9   9   9   9   6
34	  10   9   9   9   9   9   7
35	  10   10   9   9   9   9   7
36	  10   10   9   9   9   9   7
37	  10   10   10   9   9   9   7
38	  10   10   10   9   9   9   7
39	  10   10   10   10   9   9   8
40	  10   10   10   10   9   9   8
41	  10   10   10   10   10   9   8
42	  11  10  10  10  10  9   9
43	  11  10  10  10  10  10  9
44	  11  11  10  10  10  10  9
45	  11  11  10  10  10  10  9
46	  11  11  11  10  10  10  9
47	  11  11  11  10  10  10  10
48	  11  11  11  11  10  10  10
49	  11  11  11  11  10  10  10
50	  11  11  11  11  11  10  10

#57 margrave

margrave
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:42 PM

per the original post, shouldn't BG2Tweaks also not install bonus merchants as per the directions for Ease of Use?

Also, for Longer Road are there any special instructions like with Redemption?

Again for BG2Tweaks (and which ever mod it drew this from) can Multi-class Grand Mastery be installed? I see the prohibition against True Grand Mastery but this isn't mentioned.

Edited by margrave, 13 July 2006 - 08:47 PM.

#58 Hasimir

Hasimir
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:29 PM

Problem:

before installing Refinements, copy the files XPCAP.2DA and XPLEVEL.2DA that were updated by BP, paste them into folder \Refinements\Hlab\_shared\copy (thus overwriting the existing files)

Refinements is installed AFTER BP ... ok
But BEFORE BP there is the TDD install that, as stated before, has its own XP-CAP mod files (that seem to be unavailable for later use).
Also, the TDD install will prevent the BP from updating the xp files at a later time.

How can we grab the BP files if BP skips their installation due to TDD?

PS...
Can someone confirm that Azazello has posted the right file...and that it DOES work if used for this problem?
It would be a real saver ;)

#59 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

Margrave,

point taken for Bonus Merchant. Longer Road added. The compatibility list has been updated.

About the Multiclass Grandmastery, I believe that component is compatible with Big Picture...If seanas or Horred ever reads this, I'd like a confirmation from them though.

Edited by Salk, 16 July 2006 - 09:25 PM.

#60 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:31 AM

About the Multiclass Grandmastery, I believe that component is compatible with Big Picture...If seanas or Horred ever reads this, I'd like a confirmation from them though.

Multiclass Grandmastery from Ease of Use = incompatible. it only goes to level 40. i haven't looked at the new BG2 Tweaks - maybe Camdawg or someone else involved with it can tell you if they re-wrote it, or if they just lifted it from Ease of Use (the previous Tututweak/ G3 Tweak Multiclass GM was an Ease of Use-borrowing, so was incompatible, but they may well have re-written it this time round).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||