Mega-WeiDU Install Instruction w/ BG2 Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#181 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:03 AM

Is NEJ2 v6.91 now compatible with the mega-mods?

I am trying to follow the installation sequence given in the latest weidu.log: WeiDU_Install_Log_111907.txt ( 26.73k ) by installing NEJ2V691 after BGTv1.05a. However, the installation said that first component "Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91" couldn't be installed because I didn't install Baldurdash v1.6.
Here's the relevant excerpt of the reference log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // SUPER SECRET COMPONENT
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05a
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #2 // New Imoen Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #4 // New Jaheira Portrait
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional content for Part II (beta)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #8 // Frostbite Animation
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #9 // Merchant League Bank (BGT required!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V692.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.9.2 (Patch)

Is there something we need to do to by-pass this check? Or should we actually continue to skip NEJ2 as we did in the past?

Any guidance/link will be most appreciated. Thanks all.

Edited by bigmoshi, 04 December 2007 - 05:05 AM.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#182 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:05 AM

I am trying to follow the installation sequence given in the latest weidu.log: WeiDU_Install_Log_111907.txt ( 26.73k ) by installing NEJ2V691 after BGTv1.05a. However, the installation said that first component "Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.91" couldn't be installed because I didn't install Baldurdash v1.6.

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #3 // Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #5 // Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #6 // "Firewalker" Shar-Teel (custom kit and continuous character)
~SETUP-NEJ2V691.TP2~ #0 #12 // Areas & Sounds (This component is required to play NeJ2!)
~SETUP-NEJ2V692.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey Second Edition v6.9.2 (Patch)

Is there something we need to do to by-pass this check? Or should we actually continue to skip NEJ2 as we did in the past?

I'm currently testing it with my mega-mod to see where the issues arise. Call it a "Beta" install if you will. There are some changes you need to do to the .tp2 to get it to install properly, similar to NEJ42b however I'm not ready to post them yet. The WeiDU is mainly to show which mods are being tested in what order to end with a stable mega-mod.

It takes a village...

#183 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:25 AM

I'm currently testing it with my mega-mod to see where the issues arise. Call it a "Beta" install if you will. There are some changes you need to do to the .tp2 to get it to install properly, similar to NEJ42b however I'm not ready to post them yet. The WeiDU is mainly to show which mods are being tested in what order to end with a stable mega-mod.

Wow, that was fast. Too lazy to edit the tp2 :P, so i'll just skip NEJ for now and enjoy the rest of the fabulous mods.
Good luck on your testing. Thanks for ur hard work :D

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#184 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:13 AM

First of all I would like to apologize for my english mistakes, feel free to correct me, as I would like to learn it better :)

I'm experiencing with the installation, but I can see that the last non-nej installtion has already bgt as the first mod.

Should I prefer the order described in the document, or the last non-nej installation weidu log.

Btw I didn't want to spend so much time installing and uninstalling the game all the time, so I made Batch script that
1) asks for bg1/bg2 location and then does all this without assistance
2) deletes bg2 dir
3) copies clean install from backup
4) upacks all mods
5) installs all mods with their given components.

So I start the reinstallation and return in ~1.5 hour to test the result.

The only problem is, that I had to edit several tp2s to prevent mods from opening readme files, because it stops the process until you close the readme.

I'm considering giving this automated install package (including all the mods and their modficiations) away as one big ~1.5 GB package, so an unexperienced modder will have the possibility to install it easily, without the need to crawl through 30 forums to find every mod on his list with the correct version (Fore example lot of mods have not the latest version here on spellhold studios)

PS. I already started to play this mega modification, and there are lot of things that I didn't like (mostly overpowerd items, xp's of some mods . . . I just went through ~1/2 of the BG1 part so I can't comment all the game so far )
I don't feel uneasy about having strong items, but it should keep some balance (Having -10 AC fighter on level 12 in the first part of BG1 is really strange).
I already saw some balance mod, but it has just very few fixes.

What i wanted to say is that when we make some working complete installation, it would be great, to try the game, and to make some "FINAL MEGA INSTALLATION BALANCER MOD" which would fix all unbalanced items and xp's (The XP mod is nice, but it changes xp of all quest/creatures, but doesn't change the ratio of overpowered quest and others) of the result mega installation game.

The mod could also check all the spells added by all mods, and update descriptions (I'm working on upgrade of spell 50 mod with upgraded spell descriptions, because the original spell50 mod just changes spells but not theirs descriptions), and balance these spells.

I know these plans are big :)

Edited by kovarex, 21 December 2007 - 07:27 AM.

#185 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:56 AM

Few more questions :
I have most of the mods contained in the list, but I don't see nice looking "Bander Packs v7", is it
a) part of some other mod
b) not compatible
c) You just didn't add it

Mods I didn't googled out (Could you provide them somehow?):
Vault Item Pack (found only version 5.0)
Black Rose Part I: Market Prices
Domains of Dread
Shadows Of Amn/TOB Item Upgrades (SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2)
(Experience reduction mod) (SETUP-XPMOD.TP2) (Seems like something similar is in the setup-d0tweak, but I suppose it wont work so perfectly when not installed last, on the other hand setup-d0tweak is after all the big mods, so it should probably change most of the content)
You have SETUP-DESECRATIONOFSOULS.TP2 I have the version with Setup-DOS.Tp2 (also version 2.6) I hope it is the same

I tried to import savegame(character) from the earlier installation of the Megamodification to the newer one, and strange thing occured, my Mage character wasn't able to wear mage items, when I made new character, he was able to do so, is it possible, that the class is some index that was different because some mod plays with that?

Edited by kovarex, 21 December 2007 - 01:49 PM.

#186 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:23 PM

I'm considering giving this automated install package (including all the mods and their modficiations) away as one big ~1.5 GB package, so an unexperienced modder will have the possibility to install it easily, without the need to crawl through 30 forums to find every mod on his list with the correct version (Fore example lot of mods have not the latest version here on spellhold studios)

This certainly has been tried before, and has been a subject of poignant debate, recently (http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30560).

I'll let some more knowledgable folks deal with install order and stuff.

erebusant has a personal BGT version. No versions work on BGT at the moment.

Removed from distribution.

(Experience reduction mod) (SETUP-XPMOD.TP2) (Seems like something similar is in the setup-d0tweak, but I suppose it wont work so perfectly when not installed last, on the other hand setup-d0tweak is after all the big mods, so it should probably change most of the content)

This is actually called DEF JAM. You can find it at Pocket Plane group.

I tried to import savegame(character) from the earlier installation of the Megamodification to the newer one, and strange thing occured, my Mage character wasn't able to wear mage items, when I made new character, he was able to do so, is it possible, that the class is some index that was different because some mod plays with that?

If it is a custom kit, then perhaps. Otherwise, various mods have mucked about with rules. Best to start a new game.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#187 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

Mods I didn't googled out (Could you provide them somehow?):
Domains of Dread
Shadows Of Amn/TOB Item Upgrades (SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2)
You have SETUP-DESECRATIONOFSOULS.TP2 I have the version with Setup-DOS.Tp2 (also version 2.6) I hope it is the same

I tried to provide the download links in the installation guide over here http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30695

As for the auto-installer, maybe you can get some more ideas here http://www.shsforums...showtopic=29922. You'll have to circumvent the issue raised by Acension on unauthorized mirroring. Have fun.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#188 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:30 PM

Did you consider including BP_Balancer into the list ?
http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=493

#189 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

Did you consider including BP_Balancer into the list ?
http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=493

I assume that question was directed at me. Agree that a balancer mod would be useful, and probably a dozen things more. However, that aside, stablity is a concerning issue for me right now, which is why I prefer not to add things outside erebusant's install (he's been testing it for over a year). I hope you understand.

To balance up the game, I just decided to will myself to ignore the +3 items I'm finding except a few nice ones that make me happy :D Anyway, its quite off-topic here (hehe sory) as I don't think we should hijack this thread. Please post in http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30695 or create a new thread should you have further clarifications. Have fun :)

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#190 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:28 AM

One more question
Why is here this threat and Big World project?
As far as I can see they both have the same goal

#191 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:50 AM

Read this http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30669

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

#192 -Owangolama-

-Owangolama-

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

So i'm new to all this and i'm simply looking for a robust order of installation. It seems that you guys refer to some standard pre-tested lists, but i'm having trouble locating them on the site. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I *think* the following order will work, but can someone verify?

SoA
ToB
ToB patch
BG2_Fixpack-v4
SoSv1.12
TDDv1.12
CtBv1.9
TS_BPv6.10 (should i leave this one out? it only rec'd4 out of 5 stars)
BPv177a
BG2_Tweaks-v6

Is this correct? Are there any major mods I'm missing? I was simply hoping to have one huge long game with the same basic characters. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

#193 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

So i'm new to all this and i'm simply looking for a robust order of installation. It seems that you guys refer to some standard pre-tested lists, but i'm having trouble locating them on the site. Can someone point me in the right direction?

SoA
ToB
ToB patch
BG2_Fixpack-v4
SoSv1.12
TDDv1.12
CtBv1.9
BPv177a
BG2_Tweaks-v6

Is this correct? Are there any major mods I'm missing? I was simply hoping to have one huge long game with the same basic characters. Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks!

Another large mod you might want to try is Region of Terror

It takes a village...

#194 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

SoA
ToB
ToB patch
BG2_Fixpack-v4
SoSv1.12
TDDv1.12
CtBv1.9
BPv177a
BG2_Tweaks-v6

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=30669
http://forums.spellh...showtopic=20555

Since you're new, don't intstall Big Picture until you get more experienced. Do try Reign of Terror - it's a lot of fun.

#195 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

You should add the Restored Textscreen Music Mod to the package, at least for me - starting a new game just isn't the same :/

"Nestled atop the cliff ..." (Music plays in my head)

It just adds that extra bit of drama to it, it's like an empty void that you desperately need to fill. And now you can!

#196 MABarracus

MABarracus
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:08 AM

Hello, I am trying to follow the weidu log and the install instructions document and I have a couple of questions:

1) I see a conflict between the install document and the weidu log. In the doc it says: first BG2 fixpack, then Shadows over Soubar and the other big BG2 mods, then much later goes BG Trilogy and after that the big BG1 mods. But in the weidu.log it goes first BG2 fixpack, then BGT and after that all the big BG2 and BG1 mods. I have followed the weidu log, since it's more up to date in mod versions and all, but I have that doubt and would like to know what's the deal with that.

2) I am looking for these components of the weidu log that I cannot find:

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXMEGACORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXBG1MODSDONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXPREBP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXPRETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXPRESCSII.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

There are a couple others I did not find but I don't mind since they are independent mods, these Nythrun ones look like they are critical game fixes and I guess they may be more important for making the megainstall playable

Thanks in advance

#197 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

These are all custom fixes for creatures/spells/items; Nythrun donated the code, but right now the only way to use it is to create a custom .tp2.

erebusant, did you restrict each of these to just the cre/itm/spl resources that Nythrun indicated, or did you do a global fix each time?

I can (or you can) always ask Nythrun if it is ok to use it, but since it is a set of materials to fix things which were either distributed broken or corrupted through mispatching via another mod, I bet she would have no problem. I can toss it together if she ok's it (she may have already. She is a "make it work for players" kinda gal.).

#198 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hello, I am trying to follow the weidu log and the install instructions document and I have a couple of questions:

1) I see a conflict between the install document and the weidu log. In the doc it says: first BG2 fixpack, then Shadows over Soubar and the other big BG2 mods, then much later goes BG Trilogy and after that the big BG1 mods. But in the weidu.log it goes first BG2 fixpack, then BGT and after that all the big BG2 and BG1 mods. I have followed the weidu log, since it's more up to date in mod versions and all, but I have that doubt and would like to know what's the deal with that.

2) I am looking for these components of the weidu log that I cannot find:

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXMEGACORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXBG1MODSDONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXPREBP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXPRETWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXPRESCSII.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

There are a couple others I did not find but I don't mind since they are independent mods, these Nythrun ones look like they are critical game fixes and I guess they may be more important for making the megainstall playable

Thanks in advance

Put BGT directly after the Fixpack. I'll need to work on an updated install guide in the near future with a corrected order. As for the components you mention above, you have to make them. I think Nythrun's code is posted over in Gibberlings, and cmorgan cleaned it up a bit. It's not my code, so I won't be releasing it, just giving credit where it's due. Also, it's relatively untested, however it seems to works wonders for removing many of the "illegal 2-byte read" errors that fatally kill certain component installations of some mods like the d0tweaks "summonning cap removal" and "BG1 Style Spells", and BGTTweaks "disable hostile reaction after charm" component. The only thing I found is I needed to run it at several points throughout the install or I ran into issues where certain .cre's or .itm's or .spl's had been corrupted, and then another mod touched them and re-corrupted the corrupted file at which point the file became hopelessly irretrievable and even Nythrun's fix code is unable to recover it.

It takes a village...

#199 MABarracus

MABarracus
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

Thanks for the quick answers. I'm afraid I am stuck, though. I don't know how to create a custom tp2, paste some code in it and make it work, since I have absolutely no idea about the matter.

Is it possible to make a playable installation skipping these fixes by not installing the conflicting mod elements that cause the corruptions? I mean, if certain component causes a file corruption that is later fixed by one of Nythrun's fixes, then could I avoid installing that component in the first place and be safe? If so, what are those elements that cause conflict? I won't mind if I get less mod components installed, I just would like to install a stable platform with some big mods together (the typical BGT + SoS + TS + TDD + RoT + NSoTSC +... etc), not the biggest possible thing, since I tried installing Big World step by step some days ago and it was completely unplayable

#200 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for the quick answers. I'm afraid I am stuck, though. I don't know how to create a custom tp2, paste some code in it and make it work, since I have absolutely no idea about the matter.

Is it possible to make a playable installation skipping these fixes by not installing the conflicting mod elements that cause the corruptions? I mean, if certain component causes a file corruption that is later fixed by one of Nythrun's fixes, then could I avoid installing that component in the first place and be safe? If so, what are those elements that cause conflict? I won't mind if I get less mod components installed, I just would like to install a stable platform with some big mods together (the typical BGT + SoS + TS + TDD + RoT + NSoTSC +... etc), not the biggest possible thing, since I tried installing Big World step by step some days ago and it was completely unplayable

Those fixes are not absolutely neccesary. I think without them there are approximately a couple handfuls of files that will make certain mod components choke. If you leave out NEJ, you're down to a handful. The main thing is after your main core install of the big mods that automatically biff your override as part of their installation process, don't biff your override, so when you are installing a mod and it chokes on a particular itm, cre, or spl you can cut it from your override and save it somewhere safe until after your install is complete. Then you can restore it to your override.

It takes a village...