BG1NPC v12 thread

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#101 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Ummm... guys? Could you please remove the link? I am ok with folks passing it on via PM, but I am a little paranoid about an open broadcast of a private site... sorry I didn't get around to sending it quick enough.

#102 rhum

rhum
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

Is there a possibility that the latest beta will be ready for general consumption soon? I am preparing to do a mega-install and would like to include it if it will be ready.

Thanks!
-rhum

#103 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

I am working on it today - if you PM me, I can send you a link with more updates in a few hours. As far as I can tell, the changes to make are cosmetic., so if you just installed it there still should be no problems.

#104 -Warmaster-

-Warmaster-

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:12 AM

Can i please get some help regarding my current installation with BG1NPC v12 Beta3, running under BGT:

Basically, I spoke to Imoen and did the line "Imoen, your voice sounds funny", and now she doesnt talk out loud when i give orders, but instead text comes up to say the same thing. I was wondering how am i meant to change it back so that she talks out loud again? I saw this post on page 2

And i hope it doesnt still apply...

So anyway, is there some obvious way to get her back to normal that i'm missing?

#105 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

I'm sorry to say that there is not.

You can PM me for a private pre-release version that has this (and many other) fixes incorporated, but Imoen's (and all BG1 NPCs) sound references in Beta3 were overwritten with the Tutu naming references.

We hope for a full release of Beta4 very soon.

#106 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

If folks who have experience with BG1 NPC on BP and BGT installs with other mods could do so, could you please post linkshere that I can raid for the next release ReadMe?

I am hoping to have a new internal up tonight, but am still struggling with making things compatible for a SoA based install on Tutu for Dynaheir's Quest (since it doesn't understand MakeGlobal() )

I expect the next internal to be up for testing in about 6 hours, even if I can;t solve the problem by then - it should not have significant effect on anything other than the ability to finish Dynaheir's Quest.

#107 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

Sorry cmorgan, i didn't get what you mean ... u can PM me (or mail me if u still have my mail address) :-)

Cheers!

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#108 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:53 AM

I have not made enough headway to risk other folk's instals, so there has been no change in the internal available updated last week!

mm75, I am trying to fix up Dynaheir's Quest and get Tiax's Quest added, and then should be able to work on documentation. What I need to do is put in the ReadMe file either

a. links to several posts which indicate in what position of install order BG1 NPC Project should be installed when placed on BP or BGT mods

or

b. The information itself.

I would rather link posts that can update, as we do not expect more releases in the future - we just will be adding the translations as they are completed, and as with all things, the only constant in the unierse is chnage!

Edited by cmorgan, 12 August 2007 - 06:54 AM.

#109 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

cmorgan,

I have started a BGT session in LAN with my girlfriend and we are experienceing some troubles with text. East of Candlekeep, after the dialogue with Imoen, we buried Gorion. My girlfriend on server got the white text right, mine instead was different speaking of the Vial of Shlumpsa (can't remember the right spelling). This was very very odd since I made two identical installations.

Later on, we got a potion of speed which needs to be identified (I am using one component of the BG2 Tweaks that makes gems and potions unidentified) and the unidentified text was for a generic Gem.

Any advices? :cheers:

#110 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

First, check that you are both using that newest internal from that link I sent you; it fixes some stuff up nicely.

Unfortunately, not these two things...

Those both sound like something has pushed you off a little in string references. I am not sure how you can do that if you cloned your install onto your girlfriend's computer. I know you follow things very closely - that Gorion's Burial display indicates that something has thrown your dialog.tlk off after BG1 NPC has been installed.

The Project uses .tra to establish all strings, so that if it can't find a string in the Dialog.tlk (say, for instance, someone changed the string for a mod use or set something different) it adds it and links it.

The first troubleshooting step would be to open the game up in NI and search for the text, and find the sttref number, then contrast it with the sttref being called in the Area Script for Gorion's body being found.

The potion sounds like the same problem (especially as we don't mess with potions :) )

#111 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:17 AM

I wanted to make an install with only "portraits" components of BG1NPC, but it isn't possible - for some reason, core is required. I installed core then, but portraits still do not install, giving an error during installation. I think it's worth to remove that dependency, besides fixing the bug.
(the version is beta3 for BGT)

#112 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:24 AM

Core is required for all BG1 NPC Project components by default, yes. (Might be disabled for the portraits, though, I don't know. Looks harmless...)

Anyway, it is just too easy to replace the portrait: just dump your portraits from BG1NPC folder to override/ and portraits/ directories. (I don't remember which takes precedence, so try both).

#113 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:39 AM

I mean, I can't install portraits even with core (but without other components)

Edited by Gort, 16 August 2007 - 02:39 AM.

#114 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:39 AM

double post

Edited by Gort, 16 August 2007 - 02:39 AM.

#115 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

I will check this on the newest internal.

I believe the restriction on core components has been removed for the Portraits section and I believe for one or to of the twewaks (but that mostly is for Tutu).

Anyone playing on BGT should definitely be PMing me and using the newest internal :)

#116 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

I just reviewed code, and nope - every component is flagged to require our core fixes. I found out why, too - it is a way of tricking WeiDU into allowing both GROUP/SUBCOMONENT actions and still allowing people to uninstall everything in onbe shot.

If you remove the core component, it will pull out all of the mod at one go, so I think that preserving this is important.

Luckily, nothing in the Core fixes should bother anyone. So the behavior I will check on is why the darned portraits component might not install.

My bet is that I need to set up a filter for the quest added NPCs, so that they do not install; after all, they are not created or added if you do not install the central Banters omponent.

#117 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

Gort, newest internal is now fixed to allow installation of just the core component and the Portraits. It will no longer try to patch creatures that were installed in the main component if you didn't install it. Give me another hour or two to test, and it will be up, labeled with today's date, at the internal site (PM me if you don't have it handy..)

#118 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:28 AM

cmorgan,

I am playing BGT and I have Jaheira in my party. As soon as she sees the body of Khalid in Irenicus Dungeon she says: "Ka...Kalid" (or something like that) and just afterwards, she starts the dialogue of when you dismiss her from the party saying that she questions our judgement and that she's going to wait in Athkatla.

Now, I don't know if BG1 NPC might have anything to do with it but in my installation, I have both BG1 NPC (latest internal release) and Romantic Encounters.

Might you have any clue about what's happening?

Thanks! :cheers:

Edited by Salk, 27 August 2007 - 12:29 AM.

#119 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Everything in BG1 NPC has a check for the end of BG1. I don't think it really can effect anything you're seeing in BG2.

But first, what version of BG1 NPC are you using?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#120 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:09 AM

berelinde,

I am using the newest internal (17 Aug). Searching the BGT Forum however, as suggested by Kulyok, I discovered another BGT user had the same identical kind of bug. I have quoted him to let Ascension64 know.

Thanks for your support!