• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

I'd like to reiterate cmorgan's assertion that BG1 NPC continues to be supported on either platform, whether here or at G3.

Since BGT, and the Mega Mods sometimes installed along side BG1 NPC, reside here, it would make more sense to continue to support BG1 NPC for BGT here. Since cmorgan and I are both SHS staff as well as G3 staff, I don't see this as a drawback.

It might be more convenient for BG1 NPC issues to have its own thread, though, so I'll see what I can do about setting that up. For the present, it will be creating another thread in this forum designed for BGT issues with BG1 NPC v 14.

If you are using BG1 NPC v12, please upgrade! :D

Edit: A64, you are king and god of BGT. If you would like this thread to be unpinned, please do so.

Edited by berelinde, 30 November 2007 - 03:42 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#142 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

I'd still like to see full support for BGT users of BG1NPC over at G3, the reasons being:
  • I certainly don't, and not many do, have great knowledge of all the things that BG1NPC does complemented with knowledge of big installs (I recently found out you have an internal fix for Shar-teel death, which BGT already handles, for example. Whether both are required needs assiduous review, without rashly discarding of one). I don't even run big installs.
  • Regardless of BGT or Tutu, issues end up being deferred to you, berelinde, or Kulyok anyway.
  • There have been extremely few BG1NPC-related posts here since v14 was released. Between posts 124 and 125 of this thread, there was a gap of 1.5 months. So, it appears to me that people are either: (i) not having problems with BG1NPC, or (ii) are mindful and insightful enough to absolve BG1NPC from being the culprit for an issue they have. And true, BG1NPC has seen very stable times thanks to your work.
  • I, and other BGT users of BG1NPC, regularly check the G3 forum, and so can provide help without having you guys come over and ask for it.
  • There will be 'accidental' people who post in the wrong spot anyway, so a fully functional separation of support isn't likely to uphold robustly.
  • Its nice to have it all in one place. :)
Having said that though, it will important to: (i) ensure posters are clear as to what platform they are using BG1NPC on, and (ii) post their WeiDU.log so we can scrutinise the relevance of BG1NPC with their problem. These are fairly standard practice anyway both here and over at G3, so it shouldn't be that much of a nuisance asking for people's logs. Additionally, I (or others) can analyse other culprits mods that may be the cause of a particular issue in a big install before giving a signal that BG1NPC may likely be causing the issue. That may help to eliminate problems of dubious BG1NPC involvement.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#143 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

Rest assured that BGT users have full support at G3, at SHS, or at any other forum they choose to post in.

But tell me what you want, and I'll see that it gets done. Do you want a separate thread for BGT users at G3? Easy enough (Although I should mention that I don't have moderation priveliges on the BG1 NPC forum there, oddly enough.)

Regarding Shar-Teel's death, BG1 NPC gives her a monhp item, as does SCS. Duplication has proven to be minimal, as both mods remove it on joining. I don't know exactly what BGT does for her, but Ive personally never come across a conflict.

cmorgan and I are here and at G3, so whatever winds up being more convenient for posters will get our attention, either way.

In any case, if you would prefer that the readme and the tp2 direct BGT users to G3, that can be arranged easily enough. Just give the word.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#144 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

I think its fine to leave the forum structures as they are and simply change the tp2 and readme. Since you've already made a v14 topic here, people will probably use it, so really it is a symbolic change and nothing else.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#145 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

I'll ask cmorgan to change the docs. :)

berelinde's mods

#146 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:56 PM

I think there's a misunderstanding here.

BGT version is supported at G3 - for the very reason that BG1 NPC Project incorporates a BGT version.

However, threads like "I've installed about two hundred mods, TDD/SoS/CTD included, and it doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?" - are not, which is what a BP-BGT-Mega Install note in the readme is for.

#147 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:43 AM

I think there's a misunderstanding here.

BGT version is supported at G3 - for the very reason that BG1 NPC Project incorporates a BGT version.

However, threads like "I've installed about two hundred mods, TDD/SoS/CTD included, and it doesn't work, what am I doing wrong?" - are not, which is what a BP-BGT-Mega Install note in the readme is for.

Right, I read it myself now. It would probably be more correct to have 'Mega-modification mods' instead of 'BP mods'.

Furthermore, and not related to the readme text, the support shall go to the Mega Mod Help forum and not here.

--------------
Retired Modder