Photo

Edwin Romance and BG Tutu ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragon Wench

Dragon Wench
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:33 PM

My apologies if this has been asked before. I just used the search engine and punched in Tutu but nothing really came up. I also checked around Google under "Edwin+Tutu."

Inspired by "In the Cards," and "Cards Reshuffled," I am toying with the idea of going through the entire BG series (BG, ToSC, BG2, ToB) with a single character using Tutu (maybe also the NPC interaction mod for BG1). I would also like to install the Edwin romance, since I note there seems to be yet more content and a flirt pack since the last time I got cozy with the infamous Thayvian Wizard (Yay! :Bow: ).

But.. would all of this be compatible ???
Or will I have to choose between Tutu and Edwin? Obviously, my choice is clear, but I'd love to run like this through the series if at all possible.

Again, sorry if this has been asked before, I mod at another forum, and I know what it's like to have to deal with the same questions all the time ;)
So, if this has been answered, please just post an appropriate link, and that would be great.

Many thanks for any help! :)

Edited by Dragon Wench, 14 December 2006 - 09:34 PM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:07 PM

Tutu is only for BG1; Edwin is only for BG2, so I guess the simple answer is "no." Even if someone converted the mod to Tutu format (not hard from a technical perspective), it still wouldn't take effect since probably all the references are to BG2 areas etc. So your best bet for Tutu is BG1NPC which at least gives you some amusing banters for Edwin and potential romances with Xan, Coran and Ajantis (for a female PC).

And if you're looking for other Tutu mods, the full list is here.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Miloch! That link is extremely helpful.
I know that Tutu is for BG1, and that Edwin is for BG2, I'm just wondering if it is possible to have all of the above installed without conflicts???

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

I guess I'm not sure what "all of the above" means. If it's BG, ToSC, Tutu, BG1NPC, BG2, ToB, Edwin then the answer is yes. You'll just have two separate games - one for EasyTutu, one for BG2 (or technically three since BG1+TotSC will still be playable separately).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Dragon Wench

Dragon Wench
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:12 AM

I guess I'm not sure what "all of the above" means. If it's BG, ToSC, Tutu, BG1NPC, BG2, ToB, Edwin then the answer is yes. You'll just have two separate games - one for EasyTutu, one for BG2 (or technically three since BG1+TotSC will still be playable separately).

Thanks !
Yes, that is what I meant. I wanted to be sure that I could have BG, TOSC, Tutu, BG2, ToB and Edwin all installed simultaneously without compatability issues.

Once I finish hacking my way through IWD1 and its expansions I'll see about embarking on a complete trip through the BG series.
I love the old Black Isle games (especially BG/BG2 and PS:T). Anything that has come after will *never* even come close them. Here is to all the modders who ensure that these games continue to be as wonderful as they were when we first played them! :cheers:

Edited by Dragon Wench, 16 December 2006 - 11:14 AM.