Do you remember? I do

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

Do you remember your lover getting chunked/imprisoned/petrified, and realizing it ended the romance?

Do you remember finding out that that careless word caused such dramatic consequences?

Do you remember the way you felt clinging to the memory of the first time you watched the story unfold?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#42 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

Do you remember wanting to bash Nalia when she said "How are we helping the less fortunate trudging about in here?" while you were in *her* keep.

Do you remember how painfully easy the circus tent quest was.

Do you remember wanting to kiss the REAL ground when you got out of the Underdark?
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#43 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:24 PM

Do you remember going to Spellhold for the first time, bringing a full complement of npcs with you, only to be stuck with leaving one behind behind (that you didn't know what else to do with them) after rescuing Immy? (Poooor Aerie... She's probably still standing there.. :( )

#44 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

"Hmmm...it's been a while now...where ARE they?"

#45 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:41 PM

Heh. I usually brought Yoshimo since I needed a thief in my party and knew it wouldn't complicate things with Imoen due to sharing a household and CD set with a self-centered brat with far too much free time and a penchant for blurting out plot details.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#46 Riviera

Riviera

Silmeria, the elven bard

• 355 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Heh! Since the first time I played BG2 was with mods.. the first time I played it, there actually WAS no Imoen at Spellhold. Mod bug of some kind.

It left me vastly confused for a while. :blink:

Especially because I kept hearing other people talk about her after spellhold.

I thought I did something wrong! Eventually figured out it was a mod though. :doh:

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#47 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:25 PM

Do you remember your first time chatting with other players of the game besides the brat infesting your household and hearing about their characters?
Do you remember the first argument you ever got into over tactics?
Do you remember being amused and incredulous the first time you realized there were people who were intensely uncomfortable with playing a CHARNAME whose gender didn't match theirs?
Do you remember the first game you made it through without having to reload because of someone dying? (I *think* it's happened...)

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#48 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

Do you remember the 'Huh?' factor the first time you discovered the Twisted Rune headquarters? (On my third playthrough, no less. xD)

Do you remember being slaughtered after barging in too fast?

Do you remeber traipsing around woodland endlessly looking for Bassiluss (because the reward was *5,000* gp!)?

Do you remember finding BG1 insanely easy after Beregost, because you explored too much and were level 4 by the time you got to Nashkel?

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#49 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

Do you remember how annoying it was to have so many paired NPC's in BG1? (ex. Kahlid and Jaheira, Monty and Xzar. ect)
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#50 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

Do you remember how you wanted to kill Aerie the millionth time she complained?

Ahem. The THIRD time she complained. Argh.

Do you remember the circumstances behind your becoming acquainted with the BG2 modding scene (same answer as under "method" above, actually... O.o)

I have no memory of this what so ever. Who introduced me to mods? Did I have a need for them? Did I bump into them by accident? No memory what so ever. :blink:

Now this is an interesting one;

How many of you remember hating Jaheira from the start and dumping her as soon as possible? I sure remember THAT.
And do you remember the disappointment when you found out that Irenicus had killed Dynaheir but not Jaheira?

I find the Bioware-romance-ladies really annoying - I haven't been able to play their romances, so I've just read them with InfExp.

Edited by Ilmatar, 13 March 2007 - 12:14 PM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#51 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

I LOVE Jaheira!!

DO you remember when one of your favorite characters got bashed?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#52 Lucas

Lucas
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

I think I found these modding communities through the Bioware forums. That's the most logical explanation.
I also don't like how they worked out the beginning of BGII. But the awesome interaction and depth in the new and returning
characters made it all up in my book.

Do you remember the first time you started the game and all the text was messed up? I do..

Back in my 'who needs read me files, just install'-days. :)
"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil"

#53 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

As far as the modding community goes, it started with Canman and the Bioware Forums. Then I saw The Forgotten Wars and Pocket Plane Group. Then I translated Unfinished Business. That was my first step in the modding world.

Do you remember how S, M, R, T... I mean S, M, A, R, T...Quayle is?
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#54 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

Do you remember buying Baldur's Gate 2 on release date and creating your first character after installing the game?
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#55 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

I think I stumbled across PPG while looking up cheats to summon items in BG2. I actually made it through the entire game without even knowing Debug Mode=1 existed!

I found Keto and the Flirtpack, so I downloaded those first. Then I played Kelsey and UB. Finally I downloaded Nalia's romance and it completely disappointed me (many bugs at the time, plus I just wasnt fond of the story). I told myself, "one day I'm going to make my own Nalia mod."

Look at all the trouble it's gotten me into.

#56 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

Do you remember those damn basilisks in BG that killed your entire party?

Do you remember killing Drizzt for the first time?

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#57 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:54 PM

Well, I can say that I remember only the last two that SConrad mentioned, as memories fade away quite fast, but what makes them special is that I only killed Drizzt once, thought I have been playing BGT like for the last half year, but with all the installing and uninstalling that comes form making a huge megamod, it will probably take the next half year to finish the whole game, but isn't it the fun part of the play? :lol:

But do you remember last composition of the mega-mod you are playing/played?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#58 Lt.Shocker

Lt.Shocker
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

Do you remember the last time you downloaded alot of portraits...?
"I told you I told you but did you listen NOOOO you said it was just a wee bunny rabbit"

#59 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

Do you remember...

Waiting for "the RPG of the Year" and expecting that it will be better than Fallout and Ultima VII... And getting very, very disappointed when you found out that it isn't?

Playing the english version of BG and discovering that voices are completely different than in localization?

Wanting to change a lot of things in game and then discovering modding?

Spending a week editing all .cre files in game?

#60 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

Do you remember those damn basilisks in BG that killed your entire party?

Yeah, I remember - I wans't able to kill 'em all for the first few times :/

Do you remember killing Drizzt for the first time?

Heh, actually, I remember the first time he killed me :rolleyes: :lol:
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄