• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:43 PM

Do you remember...

Your the first time a love interest started talking to you and thinking "WTF?? Did he/she just make a pass at me??"

Discovering how neat Wands of Fire are

The first time you discovered there were mods out there and they made the game BETTER

The first time you installed the flirt pack and got to grab your love interests butt

The hundreth time you got that damn "X is busy and cannot initiate dialogue" bug without knowing there was a patch? (I got so mad I killed the gravekeeper)

The first time your high level mage sent Chromatic Orb at someone and it blew them up

The slow walk of BG1

Thinking gnolls were hard to kill

FINALLY getting to Baldur's Gate

I do

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#62 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

I remember that X appears busy. It took me over a week to get past the stupid cleaning golem. :angry:

But I'm over it. And I :wub: the patches.

Do you remember buying the Dark Alliance games cause they said Baldur's Gate?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#63 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:44 PM

Do you remember surviving that major battle after about your 50th re-load only to have your game CTD before you could save?

It takes a village...

#64 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

Do you remember a ten minute duel between you and the Candlekeep assassin because neither of you could hit the other?

That one mad me crack up, I do remember the whoosh whoosh when no one could make a hit.

Do you remember when you saw Drizzt singlehandedly destroy the gnolls and think why can't I do that.

Do you remember the first time you chunked an enemy with a critical hit and said whoa!

Remember the first time Viconia made moves on you and thought ooh that was fast..

Remember the first time you actually got that demon chasing you all over the archaeological dig, and running for your life.

How about the first time you got level drained to death.

Ah, good times.

#65 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

I remember I actually cried when we had to kill Yoshimo, I blushed when I found out Anomen was actually romancing me, and I was really scared of "Descending into Hell" movie the first time around.

And I *think* I liked Anomen's ToB epilogue, though now, one can never be sure. And Sarevok's "Of course you cannot trust me. Why would you? Take me with you, Stacey." had me in stitches for hours - it was just so funny.

And first time I played BG1 after BG2, my first reaction was "Who are all these people?", and it was actually strange to meet alive Khalid and Dynaheir.
"Hey, folks, you're supposed to be dead! Not yet, you say? Well, okay, but..." :)

And then there were mods, and I fell in love with Kelsey, Edwin, Irenicus(don't mind me, folks, just move along), and Xan all over again.

#66 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:19 AM

And then there were mods, and I fell in love with Kelsey, Edwin, Irenicus(don't mind me, folks, just move along), and Xan all over again.

"Fell in love with ... Irenicus?"

Gah! Where is Chipmunk? A rare genuinely entertaining permutation of the cat-fight concept is being missed out on ;(

Do you remember how you first reacted to the fact that someone made an Imoen romance mod?

Edited by Azkyroth, 15 March 2007 - 02:20 AM.

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#67 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:47 AM

Do you remember being really, really peeved because you didn't walk from town to town like you did in BG1? No open countryside (well, not much anyway). That was my major disappointment - and after I'd shelled out for the Collector's Edition too!!

-Y-

[Edit] And all these years later I've still got the tee-shirt!!!!!

Edited by Yovaneth, 15 March 2007 - 08:46 AM.

#68 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

Do you remember the first time a joinable NPC spoke to you?

After playing with nothing but multi-player PCs at my boyfriend's insistence, that was a magical moment. Unfortuately, it was such a surprise, I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling the game because I thought I broke it.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#69 -The Other Guest-

-The Other Guest-

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

Do you remember the first time you made it to Spellhold and realized you'd walked right into Irenicus' trap?

And when you realized you had to kill Irenicus again?

#70 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:56 AM

Do you remember how you knew Mellasan was a bad guy the moment you met her? (I never trust those all-too-friendly kinds of people)

Do you remember wanting to kill Saemon when he just would not stop popping up?

Do you remember going OMG when you met Jaralaxel in the Underdark?

Do you remember killing off Drizzt and his buddies to get all their neat weapons and stuff in Bohdi's layer only to find out that it was taken away from you by that Harpell guy as soon as you went outside? And that if you found a way to still keep some of the stuff he would Imprison your main char?

I do
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#71 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:01 AM

Do you remember wanting to kill Saemon when he just would not stop popping up?

I always want to kill Saemon Havarian. If there were a parallel thread entitled "Things about the BG series that just never die", that would head my list.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#72 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

Do you remember how you knew Mellasan was a bad guy the moment you met her? (I never trust those all-too-friendly kinds of people)

Yeah. Heh. I knew it all along. :ph34r:

Do you remember counting down each member of the five and wondering who the missing person was(or not as the case may be)?

Do you remember hating Balthazzar so much for his MR?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#73 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:55 AM

Do you remember how freaked out you first meet the Master Wraith?

Do you remember wanting to kill Silvanus (that elf in copper cornet...can't remember how to spell his name) when he hit on your female PC?

Do you remember how funny it was when Edwin read his Nether Scroll?

Do you remember how it was even funnier to have Edwina talk to Silvanus? (poor guy never saw it coming...)
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#74 -The Other Guest-

-The Other Guest-

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

I think it was the way she said "unless . . ." in the opening dialogue that made me roll my eyes. Very obvious; the Gromnir confrontation only confirmed my suspicions.

Do you remember how annoying it was to have Ellesime say she'd "have to think on it" to determine if she was partially responsible for Irenicus?

#75 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

Do you remember being so obsessive that you played for hours on end, only to forget to save and a CTD happened?
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#76 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

Do you remember the first time you used the Wish spell and wish for a horde of allies to overrun your enemies, only to find your horde of allies are actually rabbits, critters that simply occupies space on the screen?

Do you remember wishing you can tell Aerie to just suck it up and move on?

Do you remember the first time seeing Tashia's 'finger of Death' joke on the screen?

#77 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:24 PM

Do you remember the first time a joinable NPC spoke to you?

After playing with nothing but multi-player PCs at my boyfriend's insistence, that was a magical moment. Unfortuately, it was such a surprise, I wound up uninstalling and reinstalling the game because I thought I broke it.

priceless. LOL

#78 MorningGlory

MorningGlory
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:02 AM

Remember the first siren you bumped into? I remember saying, 'Hey, wait a second.. What's up with Khalid attacking Jaheira?? Did he finally get tired of her being so 'insufferable?' ' Other than the included game guide, there weren't any walk-throughs or strategy guides available when I first played. LOL

#79 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:11 AM

Do you remember the first time Shoal kissed your main character, and going WHAT?!?

#80 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:04 AM

Do you remember the first time Shoal kissed your main character, and going WHAT?!?

:lol: That one irked my nerves to no end becasue I had not saved!

Do you remember the first time you saw Anomen without his beard? Or what about when Jaheira ran off after killin Xar and thinking "Well dammit all! Now I have to go get another character!" and after you did the wench had the nerve to come back!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif