What i mean exactly:

I'm currently being arrested in city a!
My bounty in city a: 2500 gold
My bounty in city b: 3000 gold
My bounty in city c: 2500 gold
My bounty in city d: 200 gold
My bounty in city e: 999 gold
My bounty in city f: 1000 gold

What happens after i get arrested and want to pay up?
What happens after i get arrested and want to serve my time?

my thoughts on question 1: since my posters of a,b,c and f bounty are hangin around -> i have to pay 2500+3000+2500+1000 gold Bounty in city a,b,c and f is gone. bounty of city d and e stays.

Now what happens if i get arrested in city d?

since my posters of a,b,c and f bounty are hangin around -> i have to pay 2500+3000+2500+1000 gold..... But!! I'm currently in a city where my bounty is 200, so these have to be payed also. Bounty in city e stays 999.

What currently happens when you get arrested in any particular city is that you pay the fine for that city only. All other cities retain their fines, even if Wanted Posters are in every city (that is to say, currently, that if you are in Anvil, have a bounty over 1000, the Wanted Posters that appear are only made for Anvil. If you go to Bravil, where you also have 1000 crime gold, there will be Wanted Posters that are specific to Bravil - neither Anvil nor Bravil has an effect on each other's bounties.)

Again, if you get arrested in, say, Cheydinhal, and have a bounty of 200 gold, you can either serve your time (which will remove the 200 gold only) or you can pay the 200 fine (which will remove your bounty in Cheydinhal.)

For the next release, I will set up the system so that if players go to the Thieves Guild doyans, every bounty, in every city, will be removed if they pay half the total.

I hope this better explains the situation to you.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:
Spellhold Studios (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)
Planet Elder Scrolls (RGO 1.67d, Corpse Mod 0.98)

#122 -Ageless Stranger-

-Ageless Stranger-

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

I recently began a new game with RGO and while I was initially quite happy with it, I have noticed what I can only assume to be a serious bug. It seems that no matter what I do, my bounty will not raise. I've walked into the Bruma guard barracks and stolen things right in front of dozens of guards, and while they will shout at me and call me a thief, they won't lift a finger to stop me. My bounty doesn't increase and when I speak to them they do not attempt to arrest me. I've been caught pickpocketing and the same thing happens; they yell at me but don't arrest me. On the few rare occasions where I have managed to accrue a bounty, it disappears in seconds.

Additionally, after tinkering around with the crime settings (turning off the regional crime system and quadrupling the time crimes are remembered), I pressed the "reset to default" button. Further attempts to tinker with the settings I altered showed my previous values for those settings, rather than the default ones.

Any ideas or suggestions regarding these problems? I would really hate to have to turn RGO off, since I love everything else about it.

#123 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

I recently began a new game with RGO and while I was initially quite happy with it, I have noticed what I can only assume to be a serious bug. It seems that no matter what I do, my bounty will not raise. I've walked into the Bruma guard barracks and stolen things right in front of dozens of guards, and while they will shout at me and call me a thief, they won't lift a finger to stop me. My bounty doesn't increase and when I speak to them they do not attempt to arrest me. I've been caught pickpocketing and the same thing happens; they yell at me but don't arrest me. On the few rare occasions where I have managed to accrue a bounty, it disappears in seconds.

Additionally, after tinkering around with the crime settings (turning off the regional crime system and quadrupling the time crimes are remembered), I pressed the "reset to default" button. Further attempts to tinker with the settings I altered showed my previous values for those settings, rather than the default ones.

Any ideas or suggestions regarding these problems? I would really hate to have to turn RGO off, since I love everything else about it.

I (hopefully) addressed all these problems in 1.66. Please download it and see if it fixes your problems.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#124 -christian-

-christian-

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

ahh that explains it all.. still i hope i gave you some new ideas... that maybe if you find the time and joy in modding to include some of these :P
Well, you don't owe us anything.. And i guess modding sometimes is hard work. Most of us have jobs too.. and wives and kids.. and so on.. but i seriously think this mod does (or aims to) something that bethesda has neglected to work out... they didn't think about a decent crime system. they just threw in a box of tricks to give the idea of a crime system. So, if you would...... Make regional bounty system a bit more realistic then.. that if i kill a 1000 guards in anvil, the guards in bravil knows about it. but if i steal an apple, they might not entirely know who i am. looks like a centralised (interpol/internet) guard network.. but shouldn't have to be.

greetz and thanx for sharing your hard work with the com!

#125 -MysticLlamaMan-

-MysticLlamaMan-

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:11 PM

For whatever reason I'm not receiving the configuration ring when starting a new game with this newest version. Besides the unofficial patches for oblivion and shivering isles this is the only mod I have active. I've gone through a bunch of threads and haven't seen anyone with a similar problem, nor a console command for receiving the ring if something like this happens. Any thoughts?

#126 Yuzi Shinku

Yuzi Shinku
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

I don't know why but something I believe is wrong...Perhaps I configured the ring wrong. First and foremost when I change the settings for everything I hear this...Thumping noise..No matter where I am..It's really creepy and no matter where or how long I look I never find the cause. I turn the ring off and it goes away.

I looked for hours before I found that out though. ^^; I must admit...It added a sort of excitement to the game for me...until I found it that it was nothing... It also didn't help that I was in the middle of killing the Draconis lineage for the Dark Brotherhood.

Also I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be. (I raised the bribe money and other stuff until the bump went away so it's gone. I'm just curious if you know what caused it so that I may know.) Anyways, I was in Bravil doing my daily...Death count shall we say in the name of Sithis and I happened upon a Skooma House with to men drinking their Skooma out in the open. So likewise the people underneath of the wooden porch found it to start raining blood as I ran them down. No guards came to get me.

I murdered all within the walls of the Skooma Den and then left. When I left I got stopped by a guard. turns out I had a bounty on my head for 6 murders that no guards were around to see. (2 on the outside of the Den and 4 on the inside) So like I always had done. I resisted arrest and killed that guard. Hopeing the mod worked I walked around bravil for a little while walking past guards who mentioned how pale I was due to my vampirism. Nothing happened. So I thought "Sweet" as I walked to the Castle of Bravil. as soon as the screen loaded I was stopped by a guard screaming "Stop. you have Violated the Law bla bla bla....." And the bounty had gone up for the guard I had killed. So I resisted arrest and beat up this guard. Eventually he began to run (and it was quite funny very well done on that part.) So I pulled my bow and shot him down.

There were no other guards around. I walked into the castle and all of them are on my fast. Arrows are whizing by past and all I see are swords. I hadn't committed any crimes in Bravil before this day.

Also and I'm sorry for my long winded speech.....

While in the skooma Den I was rooting through all the Shelves and barrels and chests just taking everything. everytime I closed the chest The people sleeping upstairs would call me a thief and tell me to put it back. I go upstairs and steel things from the dressers and the same thing happens,...yet they all stay in bed. so what do I do you ask? Murder the sleep talking people.

Also sometimes when I steal stuff. Actually most of the time when I steal stuff. they don't do anything about it. In fact I was in the mages guild a little bit ago stealing grand soul gems from the display case picked the lock and everything and they gave me the normal thief bit and just stood their....smiling at me and staring. There were 4 mages in there and I wonder why I did not have a fireball shoved into an unfitting place.
So is there something wrong with the mod itself or is it my mods and or system?

Or maybe perhaps something I have not downloaded yet that runs with this mod to make it run better a fix perhaps?

I hope you answer soon because I really enjoy the mod (Its funny to listen to the guard run and scream "Run away!" and "Don't hurt me!")

Edited by Yuzi Shinku, 07 August 2007 - 01:58 AM.

#127 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

For whatever reason I'm not receiving the configuration ring when starting a new game with this newest version. Besides the unofficial patches for oblivion and shivering isles this is the only mod I have active. I've gone through a bunch of threads and haven't seen anyone with a similar problem, nor a console command for receiving the ring if something like this happens. Any thoughts?

I have never heard of this bug before. You could try reinstalling the mod.

I don't know why but something I believe is wrong...Perhaps I configured the ring wrong. First and foremost when I change the settings for everything I hear this...Thumping noise..No matter where I am..It's really creepy and no matter where or how long I look I never find the cause. I turn the ring off and it goes away.

I looked for hours before I found that out though. ^^; I must admit...It added a sort of excitement to the game for me...until I found it that it was nothing... It also didn't help that I was in the middle of killing the Draconis lineage for the Dark Brotherhood.

Also I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be. (I raised the bribe money and other stuff until the bump went away so it's gone. I'm just curious if you know what caused it so that I may know.) Anyways, I was in Bravil doing my daily...Death count shall we say in the name of Sithis and I happened upon a Skooma House with to men drinking their Skooma out in the open. So likewise the people underneath of the wooden porch found it to start raining blood as I ran them down. No guards came to get me.

I murdered all within the walls of the Skooma Den and then left. When I left I got stopped by a guard. turns out I had a bounty on my head for 6 murders that no guards were around to see. (2 on the outside of the Den and 4 on the inside) So like I always had done. I resisted arrest and killed that guard. Hopeing the mod worked I walked around bravil for a little while walking past guards who mentioned how pale I was due to my vampirism. Nothing happened. So I thought "Sweet" as I walked to the Castle of Bravil. as soon as the screen loaded I was stopped by a guard screaming "Stop. you have Violated the Law bla bla bla....." And the bounty had gone up for the guard I had killed. So I resisted arrest and beat up this guard. Eventually he began to run (and it was quite funny very well done on that part.) So I pulled my bow and shot him down.

There were no other guards around. I walked into the castle and all of them are on my fast. Arrows are whizing by past and all I see are swords. I hadn't committed any crimes in Bravil before this day.

Also and I'm sorry for my long winded speech.....

While in the skooma Den I was rooting through all the Shelves and barrels and chests just taking everything. everytime I closed the chest The people sleeping upstairs would call me a thief and tell me to put it back. I go upstairs and steel things from the dressers and the same thing happens,...yet they all stay in bed. so what do I do you ask? Murder the sleep talking people.

Also sometimes when I steal stuff. Actually most of the time when I steal stuff. they don't do anything about it. In fact I was in the mages guild a little bit ago stealing grand soul gems from the display case picked the lock and everything and they gave me the normal thief bit and just stood their....smiling at me and staring. There were 4 mages in there and I wonder why I did not have a fireball shoved into an unfitting place.
So is there something wrong with the mod itself or is it my mods and or system?

Or maybe perhaps something I have not downloaded yet that runs with this mod to make it run better a fix perhaps?

I hope you answer soon because I really enjoy the mod (Its funny to listen to the guard run and scream "Run away!" and "Don't hurt me!")

You are running an older version. Update to 1.66a.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#128 -MysticLlamaMan-

-MysticLlamaMan-

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

It's really very strange indeed. Originally I was using a version before this and everything started working fine with other mods. Then I got the dreaded everyone flashing purple and bubbles all over the place as soon as finalizing my character class. I figured there was a strange conflict with something and finally narrowed it down to this guard overhaul and supreme magicka...but not before uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game and going through all the mods again one by one.

So I searched for a solution and finally saw that there was a compatibility configuration for this problem in the ring configuration. The timing of this also coincides with your newest release. So I did another reinstall of Oblivion + Shivering Isles, installed this mod and supreme magicka to test out the configuration and to my surprise I didn't receive the configuration ring, and this time the purple flashes began immediately when I created my character rather than after choosing my major and minor skills (I also received the corpse carry spell as soon as I created my character rather than after the tutorial which is what happened in the previous version I used). So I removed supreme magicka to stop the annoying purple spell effect and went through the tutorial thinking maybe I'd get the ring after it finished. No such luck. Then I installed an alternate start mod to see if the newest version that has compatibility with them would give me the ring then, nope, just the corpse carry spell still.

I'm not really sure what else there is to try with it, currently it's sitting on a fresh install of Oblivion + Shivering Isles with the official patch, I converted the folder to an OMOD for easy removal and activation and I have the RenGuardOverhaul.esp loading before RenGuardOverhaulShiveringIsles.esp. I also tried using the different download locations on this site and planetelderscrolls, thinking that it may possibly have been a corrupt download but they both act the same.

#129 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

It's really very strange indeed. Originally I was using a version before this and everything started working fine with other mods. Then I got the dreaded everyone flashing purple and bubbles all over the place as soon as finalizing my character class. I figured there was a strange conflict with something and finally narrowed it down to this guard overhaul and supreme magicka...but not before uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game and going through all the mods again one by one.

So I searched for a solution and finally saw that there was a compatibility configuration for this problem in the ring configuration. The timing of this also coincides with your newest release. So I did another reinstall of Oblivion + Shivering Isles, installed this mod and supreme magicka to test out the configuration and to my surprise I didn't receive the configuration ring, and this time the purple flashes began immediately when I created my character rather than after choosing my major and minor skills (I also received the corpse carry spell as soon as I created my character rather than after the tutorial which is what happened in the previous version I used). So I removed supreme magicka to stop the annoying purple spell effect and went through the tutorial thinking maybe I'd get the ring after it finished. No such luck. Then I installed an alternate start mod to see if the newest version that has compatibility with them would give me the ring then, nope, just the corpse carry spell still.

I'm not really sure what else there is to try with it, currently it's sitting on a fresh install of Oblivion + Shivering Isles with the official patch, I converted the folder to an OMOD for easy removal and activation and I have the RenGuardOverhaul.esp loading before RenGuardOverhaulShiveringIsles.esp. I also tried using the different download locations on this site and planetelderscrolls, thinking that it may possibly have been a corrupt download but they both act the same.

I'm going to release a new version soon that should hopefully fix this particular problem.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#130 -christian-

-christian-

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

1.66 - Fixed some problems with NPC detection. Changed Thieves Guild Doyans result scripts so that they will remove all crime gold, from every city.

Reneer, have you tested this? I initiated renguard 1.66a, changed to regional bounty, stole an apple, walked to guard to see if they react to me as a wanted criminal. yes, i had a bounty of 25. i went to armand christoff and he only had the option "i'll work things out on my own". no paying my bounties.

I then walked to a guard to see if bounty still exist, yes bounty still 25 gold. did a reset to default settings, doyen script didn't work. then changed to regional bounty again. doyen script didn't work. then talked to guard again. yes, bounty exists. change regional bounty back to non regional... yes bounty exists...

i used conf. ring to disable and reenable renguard, same results.

??????? :wacko: :blink:

Am i missing something????? Reneerguard is loaded last.

#131 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

1.66 - Fixed some problems with NPC detection. Changed Thieves Guild Doyans result scripts so that they will remove all crime gold, from every city.

Reneer, have you tested this? I initiated renguard 1.66a, changed to regional bounty, stole an apple, walked to guard to see if they react to me as a wanted criminal. yes, i had a bounty of 25. i went to armand christoff and he only had the option "i'll work things out on my own". no paying my bounties.

I then walked to a guard to see if bounty still exist, yes bounty still 25 gold. did a reset to default settings, doyen script didn't work. then changed to regional bounty again. doyen script didn't work. then talked to guard again. yes, bounty exists. change regional bounty back to non regional... yes bounty exists...

i used conf. ring to disable and reenable renguard, same results.

??????? :wacko: :blink:

Am i missing something????? Reneerguard is loaded last.

Download 1.66b. Hopefully it will fix your problems.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#132 -MysticLlamaMan-

-MysticLlamaMan-

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

Alright! Seems to be working fine now! =P I will let you know if I run into any more problems. Thanks!

#133 -migck-

-migck-

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

I started to use this mod yesterday. It's perfect, all what you have stated about what it does works well for me and I'm not experiencing any serious bugs (I suppose I'm a lucky one)... except for one. I can't bribe guards. No matter how much gold I have, the dialog screen always says me I don't have enough gold to bribe the guard. Any ideas? I'm loading this mod the last one so I doubt it has to do with mod conflict.

I could live without bribes however, I just would have to be a bit sneakier to get what I wanted, but I'd be pleased to hear any suggestions concerning this problem. This mod is brilliant anyway, a must have.

#134 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:47 AM

I started to use this mod yesterday. It's perfect, all what you have stated about what it does works well for me and I'm not experiencing any serious bugs (I suppose I'm a lucky one)... except for one. I can't bribe guards. No matter how much gold I have, the dialog screen always says me I don't have enough gold to bribe the guard. Any ideas? I'm loading this mod the last one so I doubt it has to do with mod conflict.

I could live without bribes however, I just would have to be a bit sneakier to get what I wanted, but I'd be pleased to hear any suggestions concerning this problem. This mod is brilliant anyway, a must have.

Hmmm. Well, I'm assuming that the 'Bribe Guard' selection appears. You could check RGO's settings via the Configuration Ring to see/change how much gold is required to bribe a Guard. I believe there is a (small) bug that could cause this problem - I'll look into it and possibly release 1.66c.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#135 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

Hey,

I tried updating from an older version of RGO to 1.66b last night. As soon as I loaded up my latest save, though, I was expelled from the mage's guild for killing a member. I tried different saves from various different points in the game. Same deal. As soon as the game loads, I get expelled. I tried cleaning my save of all traces of RGO and then installing 1.66b, no go.

Any thoughts on what the conflict might be that is causing such mage hate in my saved games? I've uninstalled RGO completely, in the interim. My character is arch-mage - who even has the authority to kick me out <grumble>...

Thanks,

#136 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Hey,

I tried updating from an older version of RGO to 1.66b last night. As soon as I loaded up my latest save, though, I was expelled from the mage's guild for killing a member. I tried different saves from various different points in the game. Same deal. As soon as the game loads, I get expelled. I tried cleaning my save of all traces of RGO and then installing 1.66b, no go.

Any thoughts on what the conflict might be that is causing such mage hate in my saved games? I've uninstalled RGO completely, in the interim. My character is arch-mage - who even has the authority to kick me out <grumble>...

Thanks,

This doesn't sound like a bug from RGO. I don't change anything about murder in Guilds, just picking stuff up.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#137 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hi, love your mod.

But I was wondering, is it normal to get -fame 125123512351 (really high number) when equipping the disguises? Or am I bugged?

if its not a bug, could you make fame start at 0 when equipping a disguise?

#138 -oc-

-oc-

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

Hi again, im the guest above.

I don't think im getting the whole disguise to work, or maybe it is intended to work like it is working now, or maybe hard to implement.

But some things I notice aswell as the -fame (huge number) are :

When I sneak up on a guard in a disguise, he does not react to me when he catches me, he just keeps going, and if i try to pickpocket him a second time after he has catched me, it says " bla bla has allready detected you", or something like that..

For him to initate a diagloge with me where he says : "STOP THEIF..etc" Where you get the option to resist arrest.. I have to initate the dialogue manually first.

Also, if im in a disguise robbing an NPC's house - the NPC wont do anything, they are just standing there letting me rob them. They don't say things like you shouldnt be here, etc.. They are totally ignoreing me while in a disguise.

Would love it if the disguise worked like a real disguise - they would have to put me in jail / knock me out befor they could find out who the person under the mask is. And people reacted to me normally - maybe running away getting a guard to catch me, things like that?

Are theese t the ways it's working for everyone else, and im just haveing a weird bugg, or is it intended to work like I am describing above?

Anyways, i will still use the mod of course, just not this part, since it's not working like I hoped :)

I'm level 3 by the way, :P

#139 Reneer

Reneer
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

Hi again, im the guest above.

I don't think im getting the whole disguise to work, or maybe it is intended to work like it is working now, or maybe hard to implement.

But some things I notice aswell as the -fame (huge number) are :

When I sneak up on a guard in a disguise, he does not react to me when he catches me, he just keeps going, and if i try to pickpocket him a second time after he has catched me, it says " bla bla has allready detected you", or something like that..

For him to initate a diagloge with me where he says : "STOP THEIF..etc" Where you get the option to resist arrest.. I have to initate the dialogue manually first.

Also, if im in a disguise robbing an NPC's house - the NPC wont do anything, they are just standing there letting me rob them. They don't say things like you shouldnt be here, etc.. They are totally ignoreing me while in a disguise.

Would love it if the disguise worked like a real disguise - they would have to put me in jail / knock me out befor they could find out who the person under the mask is. And people reacted to me normally - maybe running away getting a guard to catch me, things like that?

Are theese t the ways it's working for everyone else, and im just haveing a weird bugg, or is it intended to work like I am describing above?

Anyways, i will still use the mod of course, just not this part, since it's not working like I hoped :)

I'm level 3 by the way, :P

You should update to the latest version of RGO, which is 1.66c. Also, it seems like another mod might be conflicting with RGO. If you give me a modlist I could possibly pinpoint the problem.
Posted Image
My Oblivion Mods at:

#140 -co-

-co-

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:18 AM

Hi!
I would like to note that I have no problems whatsoever with the rest of the mod, and that it's just when i put on disguises that things start getting odd. And also, im useing 1.66c (it was just overwritten from the old version on tessresource (156 or something) dident manually delete files befor upgradeing.

Here's my list of mods:

http://i14.tinypic.com/67rgeu9.jpg

+

Unofficial Oblivion patch
Operation Optimization
Bt mod interface

1196-3rd_Person_Crosshair_Fix-TESSource
2528-1.0-Coloured_Enemy_Health-TESSource
3449-0-95-Natural_Faces_v95-TESSource

Oblivion started with Oblivion Script Extender v0012