• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#41 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:21 AM

It looks like Annah avatar would look really out of place next to a, say, half-elven PC. Which is really a pity. :( There's no option of resizing, is there?

Yes, she could be resized... I just dont want to do it at the moment.

#42 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

PST areas transfer over to BGII with little or few problems. Doors are my biggest problem. They reverse the open/closed concept from SoA. So a door that is "open" in SoA is "closed" in PST, both the animations are reversed and the ambient sound of opening/closing are wrong. I have several PST areas in CA. I had to change all the damn doors because of this.

I'll just have to say however, a map that was chosen for transfer SBB in CA was kind of big in comparison to its occupants, almost as if the place was built for giants, only smaller than Yaga Shura's temple.
I know I should've posted this over the forum as well, but yeah. :)

I personally can't think how that could be fixed however, unlike with avatars and such, there's a far greater amount of pixels and other parts which would require adjustment to be workable with. Or at least thats the best I can figure. ;)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#43 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:36 AM

Well, I would be willing to manually resize all PST bitmaps one by one if need was, but adjust the stuff in DLTCEP would probably be a royal pain. I wonder if it would be possible to have weidu automatically multiply the coordinates stored in a map by a ratio?
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#44 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

Wanted to give everyone who is following the thread an update on my progress.

Annah is finished. I completed her animation with DLTCEP and BamWorkshop. I found out how to fix the color after making the special animation sequences that I needed after using BW.

I also, just for the fun of it, took Annah's wallpaper and made an inventory bam for her:

AnnahOnBoard.jpg
Getting the colors from the wallpaper to remain was a royal pain, but I did it :devil: I still have some work to do on this, it is too big really... but she looks good with her outfit.

Annah now has a complete animation. I constructed a spellcasting animation for her from one of the 'getting hit' animations. She also has two attacks, normal... and her special jumping twirl. I am currently using a Wight slot for her, but that will change when I figure out the whole slot situation. I want more.

AnnahJumps.jpg
Had her attack my PC so I could get a jumping screenshot

#45 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:51 PM

This is great, Cuv.

that will change when I figure out the whole slot situation.

Yeah it'd be good to have some standards here and know what's open and what's used by mods.

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to create a set of animations for female gnomes and/or dwarves that don't have beards? Right now, they just use either the male dwarf or female halfling avatars - there was a big discussion here about it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#46 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

This is great, Cuv.

that will change when I figure out the whole slot situation.

Yeah it'd be good to have some standards here and know what's open and what's used by mods.

Yeah, I really want a standardized Animate.ids for mods to use. So many mods overwrite slots that I need personally... or other mods creatures. I created a wiki page about this very thing and listed all the animations I am using. I am hoping that everyone who has a mod with animations posts their information... or else I will need to go around asking when the time comes to begin standardizing the slots to increase compatibility.

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be to create a set of animations for female gnomes and/or dwarves that don't have beards? Right now, they just use either the male dwarf or female halfling avatars - there was a big discussion here about it.

Thanks, I read most of the thread. Yep, the problems brought up are old problems. The 'easiest' way... and I use that term lightly, would be to edit out the beards. But that means using BamWorkshop... and anyone who has worked with animations knows that it can mess up the colors. DLTCEP can fix most things though.

I will take a look through the games and see if I can come up with a solution on an animation to use... but then you get into that whole weapon alignment thing mentioned.

Cuv

#47 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

I've finished Annah's inventory bam. Here is a jpeg of the complete image... before splitting it.

AnnahCompleteINV.jpg

I will scout out a good animation slot for her, then make her available to the community.

cuv

#48 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:42 AM

Here, this file is my current version of cataloguised (strange word as it is) PST creature animations by type.
Tomorrow, I should be able to sort it properly by creatures (there are some anomalies at present).
And by the end of the week, I should have a comprehensive searchable table with creature name assigned.

(an ode at how productive it can make you when you purposely fubar your KOTOR 2 with mods and have to delete it :crying: )

Attached Files

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#49 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

Cuv, you are aware of what Jagred did right? He gave your permission as I can remember and there is also a unique paperdoll in there ;)

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#50 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:11 PM

Cuv, you are aware of what Jagred did right? He gave your permission as I can remember and there is also a unique paperdoll in there ;)

That was Fall From Grace :fish: This is Annah....hehe.

#51 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

If you can ever get the death animations to work for the "use an animation attached to a weapon instead of an animation slot" method to work, I'd suggest restricting available animate.ids slots to party joinable creature types (who obviously can't have a permanent item stuck equipped quite as easily.)

As for the death animation, could something be done similar to trolls, where they are equipped with a MINHP item, and have a script play on creature death that fires off a death animation followed by creation of a ground object (item), and this part is the sticky bit that I don't know if it is possible, that has the dead creature's corpse as it's dropped item .bam. The problem here, is that TAB would make the item highlighted and players could possibly pick the item up (how do trolls do this bit?)
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#52 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:16 AM

While sorting the animations some more, this site on gamebanshee was most helpful with its bestiary :)

#53 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:15 AM

Taddaaa!

Here is (hopefully) (almost) complete list of PST animations with filenames and creature names. I will add a few remaining entries and then we can start adding in the animation slots in which to put these in BGII.

It works best with automatic filter set in Excel, but can be viewed without as well.
Currently there are 1200+ lines and approximately twenty more that I am going to add, which were somehow unique/problematic.

I will have a few more questions to Cuv as to how are the C type and D type animations different from one another, and a few non-described animations, and hopefully it can sooner or later become useful :)

Attached Files

#54 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:32 AM

If you can ever get the death animations to work for the "use an animation attached to a weapon instead of an animation slot" method to work, I'd suggest restricting available animate.ids slots to party joinable creature types (who obviously can't have a permanent item stuck equipped quite as easily.)

As for the death animation, could something be done similar to trolls, where they are equipped with a MINHP item, and have a script play on creature death that fires off a death animation followed by creation of a ground object (item), and this part is the sticky bit that I don't know if it is possible, that has the dead creature's corpse as it's dropped item .bam. The problem here, is that TAB would make the item highlighted and players could possibly pick the item up (how do trolls do this bit?)

Trolls do this with a coupla scripts that cast troll spells and two seperate creature files for the monster. One is the normal troll, the other is the same troll, but with only 1 hp... and an effect to make him play dead with the current troll animation for 300 ticks. The first script casts a spell to change him into the dead troll... then the other script lets him back up.

I am doing some experimenting... not sure how well it will work-

Creating a script to basically do what the troll script does... with some extras. The script will cast a spell that changes Annah into an invisible rat... which then plays the dying animation sequence via a VVC... which then plays the dead animation. I am not sure how many VVC's and spells I will need... probably 8 of them each for each facing direction, then let the script check for directional facing and play the appropriate animation sequence. LOL.. it is making my head hurt... but it seems possible. Not sure yet how well it will play over the invis creature though.

Someone pop in and tell me right away if this is impossible to get aligned.. so I dont do too much work ...hehe. Might need more brainstorming.

Cuv

#55 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:08 AM

Okay... so far, so good. I have created a seperate animation of Annah dying (a single position angle), attached it to a VVC, and play it over a rat. It now shows her falling down and laying still for 63 frames, then the rat destroys itself.

Annah_death_animation.jpg

The bam is only 142 kb, but that can add up fast if I need to play every directional facing :wacko:

I really don't like the color... will have to mess around with the tint and transparency of the VVC some more. It might also be my rat... will have to look. Anyways, just wanted to keep you posted on the death animation progress with this very odd workaround...heh.

Cuv

#56 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

"#¤%, that's looking good.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#57 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

Once you get to the animation of the corpse on the ground, I imagine its much simpler as you can just have the animation play as long as bodies normally stay lying around, and then remove the invisible creature. I suppose what you really want from the entire process is a methodology of porting over an animation and using the weapon method to bypass the slot limit with each necessary step laid out. Hopefully it'll let us see more animations showing up in the game.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#58 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:38 AM

Once you get to the animation of the corpse on the ground, I imagine its much simpler as you can just have the animation play as long as bodies normally stay lying around, and then remove the invisible creature. I suppose what you really want from the entire process is a methodology of porting over an animation and using the weapon method to bypass the slot limit with each necessary step laid out. Hopefully it'll let us see more animations showing up in the game.

Well, I already see a workaround. Here is a listing of all the animations sequences that will play on Annah in the dagger slot of Wight_2

PST Import Test of weapon animations slot

0 SEQ_ATTACK	 // plays attack 2	   
1 SEQ_AWAKE  //   plays get up			
2 SEQ_CAST	 // plays casting		  
3 SEQ_CONJURE  // plays the repetitive movement		  
4 SEQ_DAMAGE   // plays get hit		 
5 SEQ_DIE		// Does NOT play, disappears		
6 SEQ_HEAD_TURN   // plays stand casual	
7 SEQ_READY   //  plays combat ready stance		 
8 SEQ_SHOOT   //  plays attack 2 again		 
9 SEQ_TWITCH   //  Does NOT play, disappears	   
10 SEQ_WALK   //   stands ready... but walking works		 
11 SEQ_ATTACK_SLASH	//  plays attack 1 
12 SEQ_ATTACK_BACKSLASH   // plays attack 2
13 SEQ_ATTACK_JAB  //   plays attack 1	
14 SEQ_EMERGE	 //  ready stance remains	
15 SEQ_HIDE   //  ready stance ready stance remains		 
16 SEQ_SLEEP   //  plays sleep

Above is the SEQ.ids with my notes. Only two animations will not play... the dying and death. Sleep plays very nicely, and can be used for the death animation too.... I suppose. What I need to do is add the dying animation to the twitch animation in a single sequence... then use it to manually SetSequence("xxxxxxx", SEQ_SLEEP) for however long is desired via scripting on the creatures.

Here is also my test script for running the sequences... in case anyone needs it.

IF
	HotKey(D)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetSequence(SEQ_ATTACK)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,1435) // Er...Attack!
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_AWAKE)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,6299) // Awaken
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_CAST)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,4688) // Cast Spell
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_CONJURE)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,504) // Conjurer
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_DAMAGE)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,10336) // Damage
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_DIE)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,4778) //  Apologies, but you must die!
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_HEAD_TURN)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,4604) // Wait 'cha turn.
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_READY)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,421) // Combat ready!
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_SHOOT)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,45590) // If you make it quick, sure.  Shoot.
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_TWITCH)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,1520) // Dead and gone. 
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_WALK)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,3947) //  These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_ATTACK_SLASH)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,11768) // Slashing
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_ATTACK_BACKSLASH)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,23146) // Hack
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_ATTACK_JAB)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,4504) //  Don't poke Drizzt.  'Tis entirely unsociable.
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_EMERGE)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,6686) // Ankheg Plate Mail
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_HIDE)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,3378) //  AHHH!  Somebody hide me!
		Wait(6)
		SetSequence(SEQ_SLEEP)
		DisplayStringNoName(Myself,12047) // Sleep
		Wait(6)
END

And I managed to fix the color of the body... it was in the VVC. I used the Unknown 2 transparency flag in NI. Probably isnt really unknown anymore... but whatever...heh.

annahsleep.jpg

I see alot of potential here for making this work. It will require scripting though... the creatures that need a death animation will need to run scripts to simulate it.

Cuv

#59 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:11 AM

I have begun uploading all my completed animations to the Downloads Center. Feel free to stop by and grab some. Currently, I have 5 uploaded... with more to come. Perhaps tomorrow I will convert a few more.

Here is the last one I did for the day:

Bauriaur_test.jpg

Enjoy!

Cuv

#60 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Alrighty... now that I have my system figured out for doing these.. it goes pretty fast. Uploaded now... Giant Skeleton Construct

GiantSkeletonandMe.jpg

He has full animation and spellcasting ability

GiantSkeleton.jpg

and attacking Cespenar... just to show the attack

Edited by Cuv, 22 October 2007 - 09:43 AM.