• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

Since there have been no updates or news for a while, I thought I'd show the first dialogue from the Viconia friendship. Critiques and comments appreciated - and if you disagree with something, please, say so... :)

I'm looking for someone to help me with editing, proofreading and writing of the Viconia friendship at the moment - so if you're interested, are a capable writer and have a good grasp of Viconia's character, I'd love to hear from you.

// Friendtalk 1
IF ~Global("I#ViconiaFriendTalks","GLOBAL",1)~ I#VF1
  SAY ~While I am perhaps grateful to you, <CHARNAME>, do not expect me to offer anything beyond my services as a cleric. I am not a dog who will bow to your every whim, and I will not be treated as such.~
  ++ ~Of course. I would never treat you as anything less than you are - a pathetic worm who required my help to escape a group of feeble villagers. You owe me, Viconia.~+ I#VF1_1
  ++ ~That is enough for me, Viconia. And the pleasure of your company, of course.~+ I#VF1_2
  ++ ~As you wish.~+ I#VF1_3
  ++ ~Do not seek to rise above your station, Viconia. *I* am in charge, here, and you will do as I say. Understood?~+ I#VF1_4
  ++ ~Whatever you say, Viconia.~+ I#VF1_3
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_1
  SAY ~Iblith filth, I knew I would regret the moment I laid eyes on you... after Baldur's Gate, I was lost - defenceless, and it was your fault. I vowed never to speak to you again - and I had fully intended on keeping that vow until those damned commoners had me at the stake, and you were my salvation.~
  ++ ~And so, you owe me.~+ I#VF1_11
  ++ ~Yes, I was. And now you have to repay me - so get to the repaying, already!~+ I#VF1_11
  ++ ~Well, I'd hoped never to lay eyes on you again either, Viconia, but not everything always goes to plan.~+ I#VF1_12
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_2
SAY ~It will not be pleasure for much longer if you continue to stare at me in such a fashion, I assure you.~
  ++ ~What?! I was doing no such thing!~+ I#VF1_21
  ++ ~Are you so egocentric that you would actually believe that I'm interested in you? Hah! You're just as sad as I remember...~+ I#VF1_22
  ++ ~You owe me, Viconia...~+ I#VF1_1
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_3
  SAY ~I'm glad we agree. Because otherwise, one might assume that the cat would extend her claws.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_4
  SAY ~My station? As I recall, it was I who volounteered to aid you in your quest.~
  ++ ~I saved your life. The least you can do is obey my orders.~+ I#VF1_41
  ++ ~You have a point.~+ I#VF1_3
  ++ ~You are under my leadership, and therefore will obey my orders while in this party. Is that understood?~+ I#VF1_42
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_11
  SAY ~And what do you propose I give you, <CHARNAME>? My great piles of money? My *terribly* expensive jewellery?~
  ++ ~How about what little virtue you have left?~+ I#VF1_111
  ++ ~Your service is enough - for now. But I will hold out for something else, at a later date.~+ I#VF1_112
  ++ ~Those would be great, yes.~+ I#VF1_113
  ++ ~I don't know - something!~+ I#VF1_113
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_12
  SAY ~No, it does not.~
  IF ~~ GOTO I#VF1_1
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_21
  SAY ~Do not seek to beguile me, <CHARNAME>, I know your intentions - and you will not gain that which you seek. Of that, I can promise you. Watch how you address your betters in the future. But before I retch out of pure disgust, let us just continue on our way.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_22
  SAY ~Is that so? Well, then... we shall see.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_41
  SAY ~If it means I have your protection, then I must. But I will *not* fawn. Waelen auflaque, lu'oh kuuv dos plynn ussta z'ress... You are a stupid wael to order me about. I shall remain quiet, then... and as far away from you as possible. Watch how you address your betters in the future.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_42
  SAY ~As you wish. If it means I have your protection, then I must. But I will *not* fawn. Waelen auflaque, lu'oh kuuv dos plynn ussta z'ress... You are a stupid wael to order me about. I shall remain quiet, then... and as far away from you as possible. Watch how you address your betters in the future.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_111
  SAY ~What little virtue I have left? Speaking to you is like addressing the open air, at times, iblith.  If you wish to be moronic, then so be it. You will gain no such favours from myself - attempt to do so again, and you will no longer *feel* lust. Watch how you address your betters in the future. But before I retch out of pure disgust, let us just continue on our way.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_112
  SAY ~As you wish.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ I#VF1_113
  SAY ~If I gazed into your ear, would I see aught but gelatinous and cowardly goo within? Laughable. Watch how you address your betters in the future, <CHARNAME>, or you will not be able to.~
  IF ~~ EXIT
END

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:37 AM

:lol: Bitchy Viconia.

IF ~~ I#VF1_3
SAY ~I'm glad we agree. Because otherwise, one might assume that the cat would extend her claws.~
IF ~~ EXIT
END

I don't get this one. :huh: She talks about not being a *dog* in the first one, so might be better to continue on that track.

IF ~~ I#VF1_1
SAY ~Iblith filth, I knew I would regret the moment I laid eyes on you... after Baldur's Gate, I was lost - defenceless, and it was your fault. I vowed never to speak to you again - and I had fully intended on keeping that vow until those damned commoners had me at the stake, and you were my salvation.~

Trailing off doesn't mesh well with bitchy Viconiaspeak. Suggest full stop instead. You could get rid of the defenceless bit, too - more YOU SUCK, less MY LIFE SUCKS. :P

IF ~~ I#VF1_11
SAY ~And what do you propose I give you, <CHARNAME>? My great piles of money? My *terribly* expensive jewellery?~

Charname: <_< How about some silence? Some silence would be GREAT right now.

#3 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:45 AM

Think I'll add in a bit of praise on good work while trying to narrow down Viconia (um, not *that* way :blink: ) just as a sort of, personality guide. For convience y'know?

Looks alright in concept, Viconia isn't the sort who would willingly give praise or even comment nicites with anyone unless there's a good reason, and moresover, if it serves her. <_<

However she as Drow also despises weakness, and that is especially within herself. The PC has saved her twice, and anyone pursuing friendship rather than romance has to be careful not to show this, because as we saw in the romance, she had a shared interest, but in any other PC, no such interest existed, only when the Slayer and other events of interest occured did she see opportunity in casting her lot with the PC.

Another thing we must note is that although her alignment is that of Neutral Evil, she doesn't really act on it except in extreme cases. In all, she's a survivialist, looking out for herself first and foremost, and trust especially in herself is one of the hardest concepts she has undertaken. :(

Although in BG2 she is not as naive of the surfacers as previously shown by Bioware, she still is unadjusted to the constant predjuces her kind have to put up with once seperated from the Underdark. Although naturally she would feel no safer in her own society, at least there she had a fighting chance of not being attacked on sight without protection.

Probably more I can add, gotta look abit more up tho. :)
Either way like I said, looks good K'ael.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 10:18 PM

I've done a lot of reading - have read through her entire romance several times. So don't overextend yourself writing up a characterisation - if there's something you disagree with, however, I'd be happy to hear it. :) I've written plenty on her, heh. ;)

Thanks for the interest, and I'm glad you like it!

If enough people would like it, I'd be happy to post a snippet from one of the later dialogues, too.

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:02 AM

I think gender checks: Gender(Player1,MALE) are needed for innuendo states and replies here(I#VF1_111, I#VF1_2(Viconia presuming female PC stares), I#VF1_22, etc). Female PC-Viconia slash is fine and dandy for 'lesbian Viconia mod', but since NPC IEP seems to want to stay true to original, canon characterizations, this is not the place.

#6 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:58 AM

(Viconia presuming female PC stares), I#VF1_22, etc). Female PC-Viconia slash is fine and dandy for 'lesbian Viconia mod', but since NPC IEP seems to want to stay true to original, canon characterizations, this is not the place. I#VF1_22, etc

Knowing her, I wouldn't rule it out Kulyok. <_<

Edit: Missed half the quote, fixed it :)

Edited by Solar's Harper, 25 October 2007 - 01:00 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#7 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:08 AM

Knowing her, I wouldn't rule it out Kulyok. <_<

Given the fact that her romance is only available to males, I'd say that her not being seriously interested in females is as canon as it gets.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

Whoops, yeah, that was a big oversight on my part! I'll fix it as soon as I can, adding in another path for women. Whether or not Viconia could be a lesbian or bisexual isn't a topic of discussion here, because as Kulyok and Daulmakan pointed out, we're going with canon - as much as any third party writer can. :)

This is probably my least favorite dialogue of the lot - there's nothing terribly meaty to bite into, heh. But you can trust me that later dialogues are much more interesting.

#9 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:56 PM

Granted I haven't played a lot of Viconia but:

"But before I retch out of pure disgust, let us just continue on our way.~"

For some reason this seems out of character. Maybe because it's not as witty or barbed as all of the other comments she says. It's blunt and it's crude and while I'm sure she could be blunt and crude if she wished - I don't see her doing it unless she couldn't find something doubly cutting to say.

What little virtue I have left? Speaking to you is like addressing the open air, at times, iblith, it blows into one's garments quite distressingly without actually having any meaning whatsoever. Regardless of how moronic you wish to act, keep your codpiece on around me. You will gain no such favours from myself - attempt to do so again, and you will no longer *feel* lust. Watch how you address your betters in the future - assuming you want to a have a future. Now move, we have tarried long enough and I'm *sure* you have better things to do than lose your manhood... picking wax from your ears perhaps.

#10 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:43 PM

For some reason this seems out of character. Maybe because it's not as witty or barbed as all of the other comments she says. It's blunt and it's crude and while I'm sure she could be blunt and crude if she wished - I don't see her doing it unless she couldn't find something doubly cutting to say.

Maybe because this phrase was written by Bioware designers(Gaider, probably) in the first place?

#11 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:43 AM

Maybe because this phrase was written by Bioware designers(Gaider, probably) in the first place?

Then let's improve on it :D