• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

#61 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 04:51 AM

Happy birthday Treetop! Hope you have a wonderful day. x
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#62 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:08 AM

Happy B-day TreetopSmoker!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#63 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:53 AM

Happy Birthday Treetop Smoker :cheers:

#64 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:07 AM

Happy Birthday Treetop :) Have a great day :cheers:
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#65 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:34 AM

Happy Birthday :)

Really? I don't think you would have to remake it from the start if you really didn't want to...

The Save games i do have are the start save games all the way back in the Jail/just out of sewers... I have edited her here and there quite a bit since that save game. And i dunno... All the way back to level 1 and having to do all again...

Naaah thanks to Karandras im gonna fiddle a new lady :) Maybe when i am up for it again ill pull that old Gwen save game out again.

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#66 Radicus

Radicus
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

Happy Birthday Treetop...and also happy belated-birthday to everyone else I undoubtedly missed...
Posted Image

#67 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:18 AM

Thank you Ryu Doppler, Spike4072, Flucidity, Lady Blue, ChaironDeCeleste, JazzJR, Yorkmaster, Rumpleteasza, Kadaj X, Darziak, Karandras, VanQa, Radicus !

Thank you all for these Birthday greetings. :cheers: Also I wish a wonderful day to you all. :cheers:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 10 November 2007 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

#68 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

Random strange weirdness in my game. After going through my save-backups apparently sometime between July and August Glenn went on a thieving spree. He somehow went from having stolen around 200 items, to having stolen nearly 2,000! :whistling:

Never noticed it happened until now. Sneaky char. :lol: I figure it must have piled up from sneaking around and stealing the piles of gold and skooma off smugglers.

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 10 November 2007 - 11:56 AM.

A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#69 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:30 PM

@RGM2
The Tattoos In This Post Look really good.

Please dont take my comments as personal, this is just my personal taste, and opinion. I do, however hope you take take it into consideration.
I'm not really a fan of equippable tattoos, but I do like yours. In my opinion raised tattoos, (especially of the tribal variety) look more like brands, than tattoos. (Or Charred scar tissue)

An example Here
The Tattoos on his arms look like they were applied over the top of some sort of unknown growth, not ink applied underneath the first layer of skin.

The tattoos I do, some are slightly raised, very little. I use Crazy Bump for normal mapping, and if your familiar with it, I think the max. amount of global intensity is -12. This is the the reason people argue against slapping tattoos on body textures. More intensity, and the skin looks mottled and rough, like a Hector. :rolleyes:
Some examples (post #32)
If you look at real tattoos, particularly Japanese, they only really look slightly raised on the skin, especially after being newly applied. The Swatch, or Splattering, or whatever you call it was the only one that really looked like a paste on.
Overall, I really like what you've done
Good Work!!

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#70 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:56 PM

Before the day completely passes us by,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREETOP SMOKER!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :hug: :hug:

#71 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Thank you Chiglet :cheers:

Posted Image

#72 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

Had a great birthday Treetop?
I was watching Naruto a few minutes ago and I thought "oooh yea, treetop smoker hehehe" :lol: Random ahaa, ill shut up now xD

@Oldmanpoo- VERY CUTE! I cant wait to see more ^_^

Edited by Lady Blue, 11 November 2007 - 03:00 AM.

#73 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:15 AM

Here's a long post by me.. it took almost 90 minutes of switching between Notepad and Firefox to get this far and then Halfway there I got distracted by our Airforce that decide to do a nice sonic-boom somewhere closeby. so I had to wonder what the hell that noise was and why I wasn't hearing any sirens or so. Then my neighbour old me it were just two f-16's doing their thing (over a city!!)

Page3
Jaxson: I think I saw that movie once :lol: (about the viking women and the sea serpent) Bella looks great as ever keep it up

Daziak: I remember the first time I killed a storm Atronach and it exploded all over the place I was really "shocked" it was great. Do you have your difficulty higher than normal with this many companions because otherwise it would seem a bit easy to kill all these Deadra? Great Action shots I never can be botheered to take the great amount of time to make shots like that line up everyone etc, its great to see that someone does :)

Spike4072: You haven't posted anything of luna lately and the first thing you do is put her out into the rain :D I wonder what she thinkss of that? (seen picture 2 she's not to happy about it :lol:

Kadaj X: Your next project I assume: leopard skin.. sexy as ever :)

Darziak: Be afraid, be very afraid (these bandits weren't and they paid for it) he looks well I won't say great because clearly he doesn't but I think he's perfect anyway :)

Rumms: It seems she was just to tired to make up her mind as to wether she want's to lie down on her side or on her back or just sit gazing out across another beautiful piece of Cyrodill.

Karandras: I'm sure pleased to meet her :) The nudity "problem" of finding the right clothes has happened to all of us I think while playing Oblivion or in RL (maybe not everyone of us but everyone who uses tatoo's on his or her Character ;))

JazzJR:
Great fun you must have had with Sheogorath :new thumbs: It's great to see more SI pictures , and they're great action shots as well keep it up!

RGM2:
They look great RGM and the Idea is even better Now we won't have to use armor etc to get some decent amount of enchanted stuff :goodjob:

Ruy Doppler: all this death over a few goldcoins It almost seems a waste doesn't it ? maybe you could just ask them nicely next time to hand over the loot :P

Karandras: :Tasty: What house mod is that? silorn mannor?

Spike4072: Where is it ? When I saw your pictures I remembered that I'd been there too with a character, that has retired after saving the empire, but that's ages ago

Treetop Smoker: She's as lovely and dangerous as ever, I hope you have had a nice birthday

Lady Blue: Great shots of your Paladins, They didn't have to much problems in the tower of Druaga?

ChairondeCeleste: I have yet to play the lost spires, has it become a bit more stable since I last checked it out (it was version 4 so that's some time ago I think). You're working on Khajiits tatoo's and playing the lost Spires I wonder... do you sleep? :lol:

Flucidity: Great Character :Tasty: Nothing else to say ;)

Page4
Darziak: I assume those missing meshes weren't intentional (you might want to use WTF I'm missing a mesh it makes those things a bit smaller) If we don't remember who the master is we'll find out soon enough right?

Kadaj X:
a male succubus :devil: looking for some victims?

DFSL: A strange thing about women's clothing: the top half is dressed for winter,several layers etc. and then the lower half is wearing a skirt that's so short it's more easily identifiable as a belt :D I don't get it... (this is a general question that spawned in my mind when I saw your character who describes a RL phenomenon I think is qite strange) She's looking good while doing so though :)

Radicus: Somewhere there should be a "Home for the insane city guard" it seems you just can't leave 'em alone do you :lol: Losing your glasses! that must have been a shock for bo' I wonder what poor city guard is going to suffer for this :)

VanQa: Even if she doesn't (look like gwen) She's still looking great. It's great to see how we all got a sort of favorite face shape (if it's not always the same face)

Karandras: Just had my first visit to SI in quite some time, wow that place is still amazing... I told you so in the las thread didn't I :P (and showed you as well ;) do you use AWS as well because it makes it even better :)

Kadaj X:
No victims yet? he looks a bit unhappy (on shot 2)

Darziak:
Now we know who the master is (He's not very nice is he?) I wonder what was on that list (a pound of sugar, some cheese and radishes :)) the shot with Henantier is really great, the look on his face really captures what you put in to his mind :)

Chiglet: The winged dremora are coming... be afraid be very afraid! Do you ever do something besides making new characters because all we ever see are sewer exit shots :) I know I like to make new characters every now and then too, but I hardly find time to play with them,( I think I got somewhere around ten saves in the sewers and I don't use em. which is a pity

Treetop Smoker:
What's with the strange hats on numbers 1 & 2 (from the left)

JazzJR: great shots as always, SI does look good doesn't it :)

Spike4072: I think it shows that somewhere deep inside she's just an ordinary person. Wait.... I can't belief I just wrote that down about her, scrap that.. :P

Treetop Smoker: How many swords can a sexy woman carry? Disarming her isn't really useful in a fight I guess she's got plenty more swords it seems :)

DFSL: This reminds me of a Jimi Hendrix song :) ( not a very useful comment I know)

Oldman Poo: I'd think noone would dare fire these girls but I'm glad they found a new job (don't know what the rest of the world thinks about that) Ki' Miki will take some getting use to I guess not having tons of spells at your command ( i know I had to relearn how to fight after first completing the game with a Mage and then having a sneaky thief/fighter)

Lady Blue:
She's lovely :Tasty: , a mage to reinforce the Paladins?

VanQa: How long did it take to create her? I often wonder about that because I never take more than 15 minutes or so and tweak just a little after leaving the sewers to get the skin-tone right

Edited by Yorkmaster, 11 November 2007 - 07:17 AM.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#74 DFSL

DFSL

Post Stalker

• 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

Thanks, Yorkmaster. Nice scenic shots, by the way, too bad the rendering distance works against you in the resolution. The action shots are interesting but a bit dark, I had to download and brighten them to see anything.

#75 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:54 AM

VanQa: How long did it take to create her? I often wonder about that because I never take more than 15 minutes or so and tweak just a little after leaving the sewers to get the skin-tone right

I take my time making a character :) But less then when i started. Mods make it easier and the things on faces i like to see changed are familiar now. Making Estel took only a few hours and i am very happy with the Result :)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#76 JazzJR

JazzJR
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:06 AM

JazzJR: great shots as always, SI does look good doesn't it :)

Yes i love Shivering Islands :) its so colorful :D Mania :cheers:

#77 RGM2

RGM2
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

@ Flucidity
Thank you for your comments. :) Your opinions have been both relevant and helpful to me. When I first started playing around with this I really hated the raised look, so I put all my efforts into making them appear as flat as possible. Now that I can make them appear flat, I find myself reluctant to abandon the stick-ons. Go figure?

My original intention was for realistic looking tattoos combined with primitive body painting, and I still think this is the direction I should go in. "The Swatch, or Splattering shot" I felt had an artsy campish look to it, not entirely unattractive, but probably doesn't belong in the game. The same image when applied flat has a painted on look. If I can get the colouring right, I think I can make it look as if it were finger painted in blood, which would be a good fit for primitive body painting. My real complaint with the raised look is that they become a focal point, and therefore diminish the character they are meant to enhance. You can see a little of that in this pic. The tattoos on the body are raised, but the tattoos on the arm are totally flat. The scorpion on the tummy becomes a focal point, whereas the tats on the arm blend in - they are there but they don't jump out at you.

If I abandon the raised look completely, it would allow me to focus all my attention on the things that I consider to be of primary importance, and in the end hopefully lead to a better mod. I don't see this mod as something to be used by a player who is already modding their textures. It is for the people who would like to add tattoos but don't want to get into setting up custom races or mess around with textures.

Anyway, do I take it correctly that you are voting to keep my stickies out of Cyrodiil?

@ Yorkmaster
Thanks. I'm starting to think that role playing with enchanted tattoos might be the most significant thing about it. I applaud you in your efforts to comment. I wish I had it in me to do more of that, as there are so many pics on this thread that deserve praise. :Bow:

last but not least, a belated happy birthday to Treetop, I hope you had a good one. :cheers:

#78 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:38 AM

Thanks, Yorkmaster. Nice scenic shots, by the way, too bad the rendering distance works against you in the resolution. The action shots are interesting but a bit dark, I had to download and brighten them to see anything.

You mean the shots in the Oblivion Tower or the one with the Beholder ? they were both a bit dark I admit but the Beholder shots had more contrast (at least the second one)

and about the distant rendering I usually ignore those mistakes and hope that my screenshots don't show em but this one unfortunately did :(
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#79 ChaironDeCeleste

ChaironDeCeleste

Texturing Apprentice with the broom ready

• 297 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:44 AM

ChairondeCeleste: I have yet to play the lost spires, has it become a bit more stable since I last checked it out (it was version 4 so that's some time ago I think). You're working on Khajiits tatoo's and playing the lost Spires I wonder... do you sleep? :lol:

Daedra don't need sleep - our beds just fulfill erotic purposes :devil: ;)

Lost Spires is a lot more stable, but I still recommend to have it at the bottom of the loadlist
- before maybe Enter The Shinobi and DLC Frostcrag Spire :)

Edited by ChaironDeCeleste, 11 November 2007 - 08:46 AM.

Thanks for the alert! The account has been chopped up and thrown to
the snarling beasts that crawl in the dark recesses of Abuse Central
The user has been terminated. Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Torquemada
Posted Image

#80 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

Here's a long post by me.. it took almost 90 minutes of switching between Notepad and Firefox to get this far and then Halfway there I got distracted by our Airforce that decide to do a nice sonic-boom somewhere closeby. so I had to wonder what the hell that noise was and why I wasn't hearing any sirens or so. Then my neighbour old me it were just two f-16's doing their thing (over a city!!)

Daziak: I remember the first time I killed a storm Atronach and it exploded all over the place I was really "shocked" it was great. Do you have your difficulty higher than normal with this many companions because otherwise it would seem a bit easy to kill all these Deadra? Great Action shots I never can be botheered to take the great amount of time to make shots like that line up everyone etc, its great to see that someone does :)

Darziak: Be afraid, be very afraid (these bandits weren't and they paid for it) he looks well I won't say great because clearly he doesn't but I think he's perfect anyway :)

Page4
Darziak: I assume those missing meshes weren't intentional (you might want to use WTF I'm missing a mesh it makes those things a bit smaller) If we don't remember who the master is we'll find out soon enough right?

Darziak:Now we know who the master is (He's not very nice is he?) I wonder what was on that list (a pound of sugar, some cheese and radishes :)) the shot with Henantier is really great, the look on his face really captures what you put in to his mind :)

Well done and always expect the unexpected. :D

Love the bits and pieces. I have it on just normal and my companions lvl range is 10-25 (PC 16) which wasn't enough as they all died :o and I had to resurrect them. I just wait until a good picture is available and if my companions kill them all I somtimes resurrect them and take some more pictures until I'm satisfied.

Zhenk is Godric's favourite creation because he can't get any other undead to be that smart. Zhenk is only pretty to those who like undead. :)

Page4
I just hadn't got around to finding and adding the armour and stuff to the oblivion folder yet, I was gonna add somthing abit more funny but I was too lazy. The remember I was going by was the old shots I did with Zhenk and Godric.

He's nice when he isn't wearing his necromancer gear, I actually don't remember why I sent Zhenk to the shop now :rolleyes: but depending what she sells it might be a shovel or somthing. Cool you knew who the high elf was :P and I was lucky he turned to stare at Zhenk.