More problems with Mega-Mod

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ail

Ail
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:40 AM

Hi all,

seems I keep finding new problems with my game every week :-(. This time I have two of them, and I don't know if they're mega-mod related or not. At any rate, I don't want to install or uninstall anything, I just wish to know if there is some way to correct this with Shadowkeeper, DLTCEP, Console or whatever.

1) I went to Trademeet and I battled Faldorn in her arena. Since I have a mod component that lets me have all strongholds, the game thought my mage was actually a druid and let me fight her. Now, at taht time, I had some Melf's Minute Meteors in my hands. Now, in that fight, the PC is stripped of all equipment and attacks bare-handed, and that was what happened with my mage, even though the meteors were still there. After the fight, the meteor icons were still visible but each time the PC attacked any one else, he would attack with his fists. Problem is I can not spend the meteors and they won't go away. I have passed several game days already, rested, recast spells, even tried to cast the same and they don't go away. I try to put weapons in my hands or missile slots and it says I can't because there is a magical weapon in use. So I went to Shadowkeeper and put some daggers in my hands. No use, during the game it still shows the meteors and in the inventory panel I can't remove the daggers because 'magical weapon is in use'. I tried to look at the states in Shadowkeeper, but I don't see anyone that might represent this. Can anyone help me correct this error?

2) This happened several times before, but until the moment I've ignored the problem and swept it under the rug. It happens with Korgan, and since I really want to do his quest, I can no longer ignore it. Immediately after I recruit him to my party, be with normal talk or with Ctrl-Q, he starts behaving strangely. The game enters dialog mode and I can't save, rest, pick items or maintain a conversation, even a basic one like renting a room. The windows for this close immediately because, I think, Korgan is trying to tell me something. If I try to talk to him, he says I can't because he appear busy. Not only this, when I send Korgan to some place he goes only a certain distance and then stops. So, how can I force him to say what he's trying to, and end this annoying dialog mode that prevents me of doing anything useful?
I've had a similar problem with an NPC in trademeet: when in Vyatri's pub, there are two guards of the feuding houses fighting. After one of them died, the game entered dialog mode and I could do nothing. I eventually found out that was because the militia wizard actually wanted to say something and he only did so when I was just around him when one of the guards died (in reality, I simply killed one of them with Ctrl-Y immediately after entering the pub. I had already done several tests to see which was the even that triggered that dialog mode). But I can't see how I can do this with Korgan.

This is it. If any of you can help me, I'll be extremely grateful. Especially on that number 1 problem, please. That is really annoying.
Thanks

#2 Ail

Ail
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:05 AM

Hi all,

seems I keep finding new problems with my game every week :-(. This time I have two of them, and I don't know if they're mega-mod related or not. At any rate, I don't want to install or uninstall anything, I just wish to know if there is some way to correct this with Shadowkeeper, DLTCEP, Console or whatever.

1) I went to Trademeet and I battled Faldorn in her arena. Since I have a mod component that lets me have all strongholds, the game thought my mage was actually a druid and let me fight her. Now, at taht time, I had some Melf's Minute Meteors in my hands. Now, in that fight, the PC is stripped of all equipment and attacks bare-handed, and that was what happened with my mage, even though the meteors were still there. After the fight, the meteor icons were still visible but each time the PC attacked any one else, he would attack with his fists. Problem is I can not spend the meteors and they won't go away. I have passed several game days already, rested, recast spells, even tried to cast the same and they don't go away. I try to put weapons in my hands or missile slots and it says I can't because there is a magical weapon in use. So I went to Shadowkeeper and put some daggers in my hands. No use, during the game it still shows the meteors and in the inventory panel I can't remove the daggers because 'magical weapon is in use'. I tried to look at the states in Shadowkeeper, but I don't see anyone that might represent this. Can anyone help me correct this error?

2) This happened several times before, but until the moment I've ignored the problem and swept it under the rug. It happens with Korgan, and since I really want to do his quest, I can no longer ignore it. Immediately after I recruit him to my party, be with normal talk or with Ctrl-Q, he starts behaving strangely. The game enters dialog mode and I can't save, rest, pick items or maintain a conversation, even a basic one like renting a room. The windows for this close immediately because, I think, Korgan is trying to tell me something. If I try to talk to him, he says I can't because he appear busy. Not only this, when I send Korgan to some place he goes only a certain distance and then stops. So, how can I force him to say what he's trying to, and end this annoying dialog mode that prevents me of doing anything useful?
I've had a similar problem with an NPC in trademeet: when in Vyatri's pub, there are two guards of the feuding houses fighting. After one of them died, the game entered dialog mode and I could do nothing. I eventually found out that was because the militia wizard actually wanted to say something and he only did so when I was just around him when one of the guards died (in reality, I simply killed one of them with Ctrl-Y immediately after entering the pub. I had already done several tests to see which was the even that triggered that dialog mode). But I can't see how I can do this with Korgan.

This is it. If any of you can help me, I'll be extremely grateful. Especially on that number 1 problem, please. That is really annoying.
Thanks

Soemtimes, we only get the ideas after telling our problems to someone else :-). So I solved problem 1, I just cast Greater Dispelling on the party. Problem 2 remains, however :-(

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

#3 Ail

Ail
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:33 AM

Thought I'd best post my weidu.log, so that it may give someone a clue.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.09 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.11
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.11
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~BGT/SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.02
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for v12
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // Romance Timers -> Coran's Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // Romance Timers -> Dynaheir's Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // Romance Timers -> Xan's Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // Romance Timers -> Shar-Teel's Relationship Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #37 // Romance Timers -> Branwen's Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #42 // Romance Timers -> Ajantis' Romance Speed (30 minutes)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #54 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #55 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call
~CHLOE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chloe NPC mod v1.2
~SETUP-KIARA_ZAIYA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kiara-Zaiya Version 1.1 for BG2 SOA
~SETUP-KIARA_ZAIYA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate High level abilities by TG Maestro
~SETUP-KIARA_ZAIYA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Original Amaralis battles
~SETUP-KIARA_ZAIYA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Golem room in De Arnise for SOA.
~SETUP-UNDERREP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Underrepresented Items From Icewind Dale 2
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eldoth reminds of Skie's ransom
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Angelo notices Shar-teel
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Finishable Kagain caravan quest
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Sarevok and Semaj
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Major locations explored upon visit
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Import more items into Shadows of Amn (WARNING: This can be considered a cheat)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Bags of the Sword Coast
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Coran responds to the death of a wyvern
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #15 // More bandit scalps
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Salk's Pen-and-Paper ruleset corrections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1130 // Reputation Resets in BG2 (BGT Only)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor' Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2130 // Alter Item Descriptions for 'Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor' Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3181 // Romance Cheats -> No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok

Alex

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:20 AM

I'm not sure what's going on with your install. I guess we could start by grepping your mods for code that touches Korgan. To do this, right click on your game folder, put *.* in the "Search for files..." field and korgan in the "Containing text" field. And under Search Options, Advanced Options, make sure "Search Subfolders" is checked.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

Re:1) Sometimes I have the same item problem where I can't equip anything else. Try to CTRL+R your character (heal) and that usually works. I know if I have Minute Meteors equipped and did that they disappear. Editing with shadowkeeper would fix it once and for all.

Re:2)This seems familiar. Did you clear out the mummies in Graveyard before picking up Korgan? This link might be related
http://www.shsforums...p...3&hl=Korgan

Hope it's a solution.
Good luck!

Edited by Hoppy, 17 December 2007 - 09:12 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Ail

Ail
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:07 AM

Re:1) Sometimes I have the same item problem where I can't equip anything else. Try to CTRL+R your character (heal) and that usually works. I know if I have Minute Meteors equipped and did that they disappear. Editing with shadowkeeper would fix it once and for all.

Re:2)This seems familiar. Did you clear out the mummies in Graveyard before picking up Korgan? This link might be related

Hope it's a solution.
Good luck!

Thanks for the hint. It actually was just the problem I had. Anyway, I came to work around it, but I don't understand the reason for the bug very well.
The problem is in this script:

[as it appears in Infinity Explorer]
IF
Dead("mummy")
Global("TombEmpty","LOCALS",0)
InParty(Myself)
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

[as it appears in DLTCEP]
IF
Dead("mummy")
Isvalidforpartydialog(Myself)
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Startdialognoset(Player1)
END

[notice there is a line where they're different, but by elimination of other hypothesis, they must be the same script as read by two different programs]

Now, two inconvenient ways of solving this (I tried) are to blind Korgan or put PC invisible. I found that the best is to set TombEmpty to something greater than 0 and when Korgan reaches the looted tomb in the graveyard, put it back at 0 so Korgan will have his banter and set it afterwards to 1.

Ok, that solves it. What I don't get is why the bug happens in the first place. First off, it seems rather strange to have a Dead("mummy") condition, unless this "mummy" refers to a very specific creature of that kind. I've killed many mummies before, including in the Shade Lord quest that don't have any restriction on precedence towards this one, so I'm guessing either those have a different name or this is not very clever. Finally, there should be some guard condition so that this dialogue would be tried only once.
The second problem is why that causes a problem. Ok, so Korgan tries to speak. Why doesn't he say a word?

By the way, someone said in the other thread that he could set to 0 the variable saying that mummy was dead. How can I do that, seeing that it is not a global I know of?
Thanks for all help.

Alex

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:43 AM

Hope it's a solution.
Good luck!

Thanks for the hint. It actually was just the problem I had. Anyway, I came to work around it, but I don't understand the reason for the bug very well.
The problem is in this script:

[as it appears in Infinity Explorer]
IF
Dead("mummy")
InParty(Myself)
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

[as it appears in DLTCEP]
IF
Dead("mummy")
Isvalidforpartydialog(Myself)
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Startdialognoset(Player1)
END

[notice there is a line where they're different, but by elimination of other hypothesis, they must be the same script as read by two different programs]

Now, two inconvenient ways of solving this (I tried) are to blind Korgan or put PC invisible. I found that the best is to set TombEmpty to something greater than 0 and when Korgan reaches the looted tomb in the graveyard, put it back at 0 so Korgan will have his banter and set it afterwards to 1.

Ok, that solves it. What I don't get is why the bug happens in the first place. First off, it seems rather strange to have a Dead("mummy") condition, unless this "mummy" refers to a very specific creature of that kind. I've killed many mummies before, including in the Shade Lord quest that don't have any restriction on precedence towards this one, so I'm guessing either those have a different name or this is not very clever. Finally, there should be some guard condition so that this dialogue would be tried only once.
The second problem is why that causes a problem. Ok, so Korgan tries to speak. Why doesn't he say a word?

By the way, someone said in the other thread that he could set to 0 the variable saying that mummy was dead. How can I do that, seeing that it is not a global I know of?
Thanks for all help.

Alex

"mummy" is a death variable. It's how the game knows a condition has been satisfied.

It takes a village...