Challenge #26: Love

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#101 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Deathsies :D

Ok, now I really feel like I'm haunting this thread :blink: But it's practice and I'm loving it!

Kivan & Deheriana (I love that mod :D ). Friendship, love and common sense. NO jealousy.

That Kivan... is awesome! Really, great!
Posted Image
Signature under construction...

#102 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

Ah, so many lightning rods...! :devil:

:Bow:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#103 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

Oooh! I just realised I could post this one here without being chastised, since this site *does* cater to this game!

(Full view please, it looks awful compressed like this)

Posted Image

Now, I'm not immediately going to tell you who this is... :shifty: But I'm going to give you the hint that it's *NOT* from an Infinity Engine game, and that it's from a (quite popular/well known) mod for the game it's in. The lady being carried piggy back is mine, by the way.

Also, as a clue to the game, the clothes they're wearing I drew by reference of the in-game clothes. His are standard, hers are with custom content.

Guess away! (Tell me if it's too difficult, I understand if it's too difficult, since it's from a mod. Then again, mods are a large part of the game in question, so it's not *that* hard.).

- ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

P.s.: That's an eyepatch, not sunglasses.

Edited by Jazhara7, 20 January 2008 - 01:47 PM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#104 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

Jazhara7 - Is that the Aielund Saga? I vaguely remember that there was one one-eyed companion there. I could be wrong, I haven't played NWN in such a long time :D

Done! And with this I say goodbye to this challenge. It's bloody infectious! ;)

SHS_Ch_26d.jpg
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#105 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

It's bloody wonderful! Thank you so much!

#106 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:12 AM

Yes, it's indeed the Aielund Saga, Doxy. ^_^ The guy's Robert Black, and as you remember he only recently lost that one eye *cough*.

By the way, anyone that's last played the Aielund Saga some time ago, you might want to play it again now, since the last module was recently released and the finale module with the prologue is out too. The Saga is complete! And anyone who has NWN 1 and hasn't played it yet, what are you waiting for?! :lol: You can download all the modules and find links to the required hakpacks here at the Aielund website.

I have a second picture with Robert and Shariveillin (that's my character). It's not completely finished, but it's still nice, I think I'll post it here.

Oh, and the coloured version of your drawing is absolutely lovely, Doxy! Poor Xan... Only now do I realise that's a heart they are each holding in their hands. I had been trying to figure out what it was in the sketch, but only now do I recognise it there too.

Also, the Kivan drawing is great.

- ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Edited by Jazhara7, 21 January 2008 - 04:14 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#107 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:13 AM

I have to come here to advertise a bit. :D We have a Art Contest going on and everybody in SHS can join! Please think of something to do with Team Spirit, and draw it, and send it to me. That's how simple joining is.

Come on people, you know you want to. *lure*

Otherwise I lurve this challenge. :D So much prettee art and action and talk and everything!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#108 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:04 PM

Thanks Deathsies :D

Ok, now I really feel like I'm haunting this thread :blink: But it's practice and I'm loving it!

Kivan & Deheriana (I love that mod :D ). Friendship, love and common sense. NO jealousy.

aww that's so sweet. I'm still trying to finish kivan mod. I'm dying to see what deheriana.

#109 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

Oh GOD do I ever know that feeling. :D

Doxia - Oooh, comic! Love! But also urgent desire to know the dialogue. Must download the mod!
And really, the colours on the Narra/Xan painting are wonderful. At the risk of sounding lame, I especially love the backgrounds on both - Xan's fade works especially well to me. Great colour choices, the colours and mood are great. :D

Jazhara - There's something almost...mystical about that picture. It makes me think a little of art noveau and fairy tale illustrations, but I think that's mostly cus you've got pretty good rhythm and some great curves (your place or mine?). I reeeeeeeeally like that tree!
Also, never heard of the Aielund saga, but sounds pretty awesome. If only my copy of NWN would stop lagging and crashing on me each and every time :(

Ilmy - clearly you guys picked the wrong topic for the Art challenge. :D (Still, the entries so far do look awesome)

#110 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:56 AM

Oh yeah, Love would have clearly been loads better. :huh:

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#111 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

This is rather embarrassing to post after all the people with MAD SKILLZ, but hey, I haven't phailed for a while, so I'd better do something before my ego swells to ungainly proportions. :whistling:

It may not be "Bhaalspawn free", but hey, Sarevok needs loving too. <_<

sars.jpg
(Uh. Yeah. That "anatomy" thing. Nobody ever explained to me who Anna Tomy is or what she has to do with anything. And while we're on that suject, who is this general Failure and why is he reading my disks?)

...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he's cuddling up with Tamoko or committing hot hot spawncest with a female <charname>. :twisted:

(On another note, I can't help but compare Sarevok to Sagat from Street Fighter. They're both huge, freakishly strong bald guys, start out evil and turn "good" later... and of course, their names both start with an "S". What? They're so totally similar. :P ...I'll probably have to do a Paint comic about this at some point. <_<)

The term "spawncest" is © vilkacis but may be used freely under a gnu public license. Thank you.

#112 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

Jazhara - There's something almost...mystical about that picture. It makes me think a little of art noveau and fairy tale illustrations, but I think that's mostly cus you've got pretty good rhythm and some great curves (your place or mine?). I reeeeeeeeally like that tree!
Also, never heard of the Aielund saga, but sounds pretty awesome. If only my copy of NWN would stop lagging and crashing on me each and every time :(

Thank you, SpAE!! :D I hope you'll someday get your NWN working properly, so you can play the Aielund Saga, and all the other great mods out there.

Someone once commented the Tree reminds them of a giant stalk of corn. It was supposed to be some kind of pine or coniferous tree, but the description of "Corn-ear tree" has since grown on me. Also, it was a lot of fun to draw, and I like how it turned out too. :D

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#113 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

Doxia - Oooh, comic! Love! But also urgent desire to know the dialogue. Must download the mod!
And really, the colours on the Narra/Xan painting are wonderful. At the risk of sounding lame, I especially love the backgrounds on both - Xan's fade works especially well to me. Great colour choices, the colours and mood are great. :D

Thanks SpAE. That comic is supposed to convey emotions...or something like that, so, no dialog and there's none in the mod that would fit this situation.
And as for Narra/Xan painting, the backgrounds are the best because they were done the last :D Meaning I've used the main characters as practice dummies <_<

And vilkacis, because of you I have an urgent need to draw some hot lovin' spawncest. Except I promised myself I won't be drawing for this challenge anymore. It's easily one of my favorite pics here though.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#114 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

Oh come now Doxia, can't we *cough*bribe*cough* err convince you otherwise? ^_^

Hehe, but since I most likely know that answer already, love the colours that you used with the Xan/Narra picture, looks lovely.

...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he's cuddling up with Tamoko or committing hot hot spawncest with a female <charname>. :twisted:

Or maybe both? We can't tell if the other is hiding behind him trying to get a piggyback can we? :P

Hehe, golden stuff vilkacis. :)
I can see clearly now... the eyes are glowing... (Ok I'm very cheap at ripping off quotes, someone shoot me. :devil:)

Edited by Solar's Harper, 23 January 2008 - 02:27 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#115 SpAE

SpAE

explodes into glitter when provoked

• 103 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:36 AM

vil - for that comparison of Sarevok to Sagat, you may just be my new hero of the month. :D (Don't forget, they both have (at least) one freaky eye!) Also, the word spawncest is awesome.
Also, that drawing is so very tender. aww....

Doxia - Fair enough, I'm just sulky about missing out on the story. But it IS a very good silent job. <3 Also, re:the painting - hooray for clothes horses! (And practice! Now you may be produce more awesome stuff!) Also you don't *have* to draw for this post specifically...but if you do draw wild hot oiled up spawncest within this week then, well, there's a blank post in here with your name on it. Or something.

Ilmy - you started it. :( Still love me?

Quick colour job on this one:
Posted Image

#116 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

I especially like Jaheira's legs and Khalid's chainmail. And their auras merging. And their ears.

(But I really should shut up, before I start a 12-page monologue on the symbolism of snow in Xan's picture above, so. :) )

#117 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

I especially like Jaheira's legs and Khalid's chainmail. And their auras merging. And their ears.

[guttermindedness]
:Tasty: Mmm, I gotta agree with Kulyok there. :D

[/guttermindedness]
Love the colours SpAE, although is it just me or does Jaheira have some kind of cut underneath her eye? :blink:
Oh well, it really brings out their elements with the aura like Kulyok said. Definetely one for the collection methinks. :)

Edit: Naughty Bad Bad Typos! :devil:

Edited by Solar's Harper, 23 January 2008 - 04:28 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#118 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:35 AM

SpAE - I love that fluffy, smooth way of coloring. It's so simple and charming :wub:

(But I really should shut up, before I start a 12-page monologue on the symbolism of snow in Xan's picture above, so. :) )

Please do :D (because i have no idea what made me put it in) On a side note, does anyone else think that Kulyok is going to get an overdose of 'Xan' from this challenge :lol:
Posted Image

#119 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:47 AM

Please do :D (because i have no idea what made me put it in)

Okay, I'll write a book, then. :) (Originally, I planned to tell this story in IWD NPC, but it just doesn't fit).

I don't think it's possible to get an overdose of good fanart, let alone good Xan fanart. It's just like with all good stuff, from X-Files and Babylon 5 to Pratchett series: it only makes you want MORE! So there.

#120 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:44 AM

Grrr

*Looks on with jealousy*

All these pics are awesomesauce! I kinda have a pic lined up but I don't know if I'll be able to finish in time. Regardless, y'all have done a fantastic job and this was clearly an inspiring challenge for people :D