41 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

If you encounter any bugs in your game, please post them here! :cheers:

Edited by jastey, 11 December 2019 - 12:00 AM.

#2 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

Not really a bug, but you forgot to added the new banters and the new conflict revision in the readme under "Mod details".

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

I didn't forget to add the banters, but you're right on the money with the Conflict! It's not important enough to update the distribution, but it'll be fixed in the next release, and I'll update it on the SHS server later today. :) Thank you!

#4 RavenBlack

RavenBlack

Proofreading Ninja

• 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

This isn't exactly a bug, but can the Minsc/Jaheira banter about Khalid be delayed until after the party gets out of Chateau Irenicus? I managed to get it before I even found Khalid's body, which kinda broke the 4th wall.

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

Definitely--should have seen that one coming. Expect it delayed in the next release. :cheers:

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Any ETA on the new release?

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

Not long after Christmas. :)

#8 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:00 AM

Here is a fix for "IEP Extended Banters" we use with our BW Fixpack:

--- iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d	Sun May 04 13:51:59 2008
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d	Sun Nov 30 18:26:48 2008
@@ -1077,6 +1077,7 @@
 !StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
 !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
 Global("I#B_JahMinLoss","GLOBAL",0)
+Global("SawKhalid","AR0603",1)
 See("Jaheira")
 CombatCounter(0)
 !See([ENEMY])~

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#9 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

I get a stutter bug with Imoen in Château Irenicus.

the_bigg's stutter debugger identifies it as this part of Imoen.bcs
IF
	InParty("Imoen")
	InParty(Myself)
	Global("I#B_ImoMinMage","GLOBAL",2)
	!StateCheck("Imoen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
	See("Imoen")
	CombatCounter(0)
	!See([ENEMY])
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,79773)) // Running block 15 of IMOEN.BCS
		StartDialogueNoSet("Imoen")
END
Unless my guess is mistaken, this block is meant to be in Minsc's script and not in Imoen's.

I am using IEP Banters v3.1.

Oops, I see the thread title says "v2 Bug Reports". Something that has not yet been updated or should I post this somewhere else?

Edited by Wisp, 07 January 2009 - 01:52 PM.

#10 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

I get this too. :/

#11 Raven_Song

Raven_Song
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

Greetings,

Long time no post ... just getting back into Baldur's Gate 2 (you lured me back with prospect of playing the Mazzy friendship, I was WoW bound, but that will have to wait a little longer now).

Unfortunately I appear to be experiencing the same problem as Wisp (and Cal) ... I posted at G3 earlier, because at that time I had no idea which of my mods was causing it.

http://forums.gibber...mp;#entry141703

Also whilst trolling around de'Arnise Keep Minsc suddenly piped up with

"Ah little Imoen is growing up .... last saw you". I'm presuming that this should have happened at some point prior to the little witches kidnap, or post rescue?

Kind regards,

R_S

Edited by Raven_Song, 11 January 2009 - 11:51 AM.

Minsc: Flowers are beautiful, aren't they, Boo? I wish there were more to see.

Cernd: I see you have an appreciation for the small things, Minsc. You see the power in their simple nature.

Minsc: I don't understand much that is complicated, but the trees and the flowers are music to my eyes. Boo prefers the calm of the forest, though he suffers my company.

Cernd: Ah, you are his tree amidst the cities and people, and despite your bending and bowing in the wind, you are his stability, as I suspect he is yours.

Minsc: No, he is my hamster. You talk in circles, Cernd, but that's okay. Boo runs in them.

#12 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

The stutter began just after talking to the genie who asks you the question about the boxes. I'm wondering if Imoen is supposed to banter there, but doen't for some reason.

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

V3.2, just uploaded, will hopefully fix the aforementioned issues as well as a few others!

:cheers:

#14 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

Here is a fix for "IEP Extended Banters" we use with our BW Fixpack:

--- iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d	Sun May 04 13:51:59 2008
+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d	Sun Nov 30 18:26:48 2008
@@ -1077,6 +1077,7 @@
+Global("SawKhalid","AR0603",1)
 See("Jaheira")
 CombatCounter(0)
 !See([ENEMY])~

Greetings Leomar

We have seen that this was not fixed in the recent version. No problem, because White Agnus has solved this issue a little better, so the following fix looks like this:

iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d

// Jaheira
// 2.
CHAIN IF ~%BGT_VAR%
InParty("Jaheira")
See("Jaheira")
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
!Global("SawKhalid","AR0603",0)~ // only if Khalid was found
THEN BMINSC I#B_JahMinLoss
@322
DO ~SetGlobal("I#B_JahMinLoss","GLOBAL",1)~

With this fix, the dialogue between Minsc and Jaheira about Khalid triggers only if Khalid was found. The problem without the fix is, that the dialogue could appear, if the gamer has Khalid not found before.

By the way, we'll fix this with the BiG World Fixpack until a new version comes out.

And your topic says "v2 Bug Reports". It must be "v3.2 Bug Reports".

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 27 April 2009 - 09:01 AM.

- Chevalier

#15 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hey Leomar,

Actually, that was intentional. A lot of players use Dungeon-be-Gone, so we want to assume that Jaheira has seen Khalid's body. The party has to in order to get out of Chateau Irenicus. Thanks for the report, though. :)

#16 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Hey Leomar,

Actually, that was intentional. A lot of players use Dungeon-be-Gone, so we want to assume that Jaheira has seen Khalid's body. The party has to in order to get out of Chateau Irenicus. Thanks for the report, though. :)

Ahh, o.k. thanks for the information.
Then we'll update the fix in the BiG World Fixpack in this way, that the fix will be installed only, if Dungeon-be-Gone is not used.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 27 April 2009 - 09:55 PM.

- Chevalier

#17 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

Please just leave it as it is. I appreciate the effort you're going to to ensure there are no bugs, but this is entirely intentional behavior, and it will not change in future versions of the mod. As soon as I'm able, I'll update the mod with the other fixes, but this particular thing is intentional. :)

#18 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

Please just leave it as it is. I appreciate the effort you're going to to ensure there are no bugs, but this is entirely intentional behavior, and it will not change in future versions of the mod. As soon as I'm able, I'll update the mod with the other fixes, but this particular thing is intentional. :)

I understand this and I don't want that you include the SawKhalid-fix in your mod. :)

Therefore I said we'll handle it with the BiG World Fixpack only. We have the possibilty to do differnet things with it. That means, the "BW Fixpack"-SawKhalid-fix will be used only, if it not detects Dungeon-be-Gone. So we break nothing intentional, but avoid that gamers report us this issue if they don't use DbG, because they think this is a bug.

Is this o.k. for you?

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Alright, I've given it some thought; I'd really prefer if it was left how it is.

Reason #1 is unless you cheat, every time you play you'll see Khalid, so there's not a point to such a fix.

Reason #2 is that I don't want multiple versions of my mods going around, where there is different behavior for different players. I don't mind fixes going into the BiG World Fixpack when I can't get them into mods straight away, but I don't want my mods to be different in a BWP vs. normal install. It just makes it more difficult for me to keep track of.

Cheers,
Liam/K'aeloree

#20 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

Alright, I've given it some thought; I'd really prefer if it was left how it is.

Reason #1 is unless you cheat, every time you play you'll see Khalid, so there's not a point to such a fix.

Reason #2 is that I don't want multiple versions of my mods going around, where there is different behavior for different players. I don't mind fixes going into the BiG World Fixpack when I can't get them into mods straight away, but I don't want my mods to be different in a BWP vs. normal install. It just makes it more difficult for me to keep track of.

Arghh, one day to late. :o
We've included the fix in the recent BWP v7.0. O.k., we'll remove it, because I respect your 2nd reason and it is fine for us. We could talk about the 1st reason, what happens if players not use DBG or don't cheat through Irenicus Dungeon, but that is not needed. Really sorry, that this is happend. I'll inform you when we have removed the fix from the BWP.

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier