Spanish translation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hi Spellhold Studios!,

Well, this is my fist post. After seen the good work with the modding community of BG, I want to try to play BGT, with a list of mods, and that includes DSotSC.... but it is not in spanish.

Then... I decided to translate it to Spanish. :rolleyes:

I had translated all the .TRA files included in Languages\English and Languages\English\D. Also, I had translated worldmap files (3 lines, no more)....

My question is....

What I must do now with them? Must I test them? Could you do that? How? :blink:

Could you please help me with that...

It has been a little effort (2 days x 8h)... but I like to make use of them now.... also i like (if you are interested) to add them to the original mod DSotSC for the spanish speaken people.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

--- It's not only for me.............. It's for ALL ---

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

I had translated all the .TRA files included in Languages\English and Languages\English\D. Also, I had translated worldmap files (3 lines, no more)....

My question is....

Add a 'spanish' folder under the Language folder and put your .tra files in it. Make sure it has the same structure as the other language folders. Then open Setup-DSotSC.TP2 in a text editor and add a new LANGUAGE section:
LANGUAGE
				  ~Spanish (translation by Lord Psion)~
				  ~spanish~
				  ~DSotSC/Language/spanish/setup.tra~
Then you can install it in Spanish and test :).

It has been a little effort (2 days x 8h)...

That was quick work. It's taken me much longer just to correct the original English files. I would be interested in your files, but unfortunately I needed to make some major changes (the English was poor in some cases), so it probably needs to be retranslated :(. Also, this is for Tutu so the structure might be different.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

My question is....

Add a 'spanish' folder under the Language folder and put your .tra files in it. Make sure it has the same structure as the other language folders. Then open Setup-DSotSC.TP2 in a text editor and add a new LANGUAGE section:
LANGUAGE
				  ~Spanish (translation by Lord Psion)~
				  ~spanish~
				  ~DSotSC/Language/spanish/setup.tra~
Then you can install it in Spanish and test :).

It has been a little effort (2 days x 8h)...

That was quick work. It's taken me much longer just to correct the original English files. I would be interested in your files, but unfortunately I needed to make some major changes (the English was poor in some cases), so it probably needs to be retranslated :(. Also, this is for Tutu so the structure might be different.

Hi Miloch,

About the translation, the setup.tra file is the biggest, and make a Replace in Ultraedit for the things is very fast... it took me the first 8h, the TRA for the dialogues was half of that and takes me the other 8h... but I had been using an older translation (non weidu and from version 1.03 of DNotSC) on a dialog.tlk file... and replacing (cut&paste) the sentences I was going found... maybe it has some little translation mistake, of course...

Waiting for a PM....

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6579 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

Waiting for a PM...

I don't know who maintains this mod anymore - it was Sir BillyBob but he dropped it for other projects. But you should be able to upload your files (in .rar or .zip format) and attach them to a post. Eventually, someone will update the mod with the translation. It would be good if you tested it first, of course, as I indicated above :).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:07 PM

Waiting for a PM...

I don't know who maintains this mod anymore - it was Sir BillyBob but he dropped it for other projects. But you should be able to upload your files (in .rar or .zip format) and attach them to a post. Eventually, someone will update the mod with the translation. It would be good if you tested it first, of course, as I indicated above :).

Thanks Miloch.

I am having contact with erebusant for your interest. He now has the .TRAs.
Although I had begun the NTotSC translation... I like to play with both in BGT. I hope to have the second translation this week. And test them this weekend (if erebusant supplies with the package of NTotSC too, of course XDD).

It is a little more time eating than DSotSC as it is done from the beginning... :)

Regards.

#6 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

LordSion, i think the Clan Reo translated the IAP version of the mod some years ago. You could ask for permission there and use the non obsolete translated strings for your own benefit. Just contact the authors through their webpage forum: http://www.clanreo.net/foro/
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#7 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

LordSion, i think the Clan Reo translated the IAP version of the mod some years ago. You could ask for permission there and use the non obsolete translated strings for your own benefit. Just contact the authors through their webpage forum: http://www.clanreo.net/foro/

Well... This is difficult for me...

erebusant has now the Revised texts for DSotSC and NTofSC. This second is not translated for anyone, but I've sended to him the .TRAs for both mods.

I don't want any credits for me.... AND I don't want to contact the authors....

Then there is a problem... but I have the solution (I hope you agree with that, because I've done this translation for the people not for give me credits).

For the DSotSC give the credits completly to Clan Reo. It does not matter to me....
For the NTotSC give the credits to anyone you want......

That's all. :lol:

#8 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

Heh, don't worry, i wasn't strictly talking about that subject. In fact, i'm not related with the authors in any way, but i know is very usual to arise problems when two different people embark on the same project without knowing the existance of each other, specially if one of them finish its project much sooner than the other. (or have already done so years ago)

But still, i don't understand why you don't want to contact the Reo folks to announce them the marvellous news, specially if you have such a good predisposition and respect towards them.

Anyway, it's you decision, of course. However:

For the DSotSC give the credits completly to Clan Reo. It does not matter to me....

The NTotSC part is not correct, and for the DSOTC part it relies on what have you actually done for that one, you must and can be 100% credited for your work, unless i'm missing something here. And no, that cannot cause any incoveniences to the BG spanish community, unless a third (unknown by me) party were/is also involved.

Congratulations! :)

#9 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

The NTotSC part is not correct, and for the DSOTC part it relies on what have you actually done for that one, you must and can be 100% credited for your work, unless i'm missing something here. And no, that cannot cause any incoveniences to the BG spanish community, unless a third (unknown by me) party were/is also involved.

Congratulations! :)

What do you mean with the fact that NTotSC part is not correct? Is it translated by someone else? I have not used any (if there is any) to do the spanish translation (for this case).....

I've sent a PM to you....

Regards.

Edited by Lord Psion, 10 May 2008 - 12:07 AM.

#10 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:42 AM

What do you mean with the fact that NTotSC part is not correct?

It must be credited to you, not to anyone i want... it cannot be given as a present, Lord Sion. :lol:

I have read the PM, i will answer you as soon as possible. :)

Edited by SirLancelot, 10 May 2008 - 01:43 AM.