flysoup's artcorner including the BG fan Comic

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#21 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:05 AM

Deleted this comic page. For the new comic visit: http://bhaalspawn.com/

I chose to do this so that there wont be any confusing between the old and newly crafted/edited comic pages.
Other than that thanks you all for the constructive criticism and the inspiring words. Hope to meet you all at the
new Bhaalspawn site. The comic wouldn't have developed to what it has if it wasn't from the aid of you all.

All the best and many thanks/
Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 01:52 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#22 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

oh noes attack of the D&D smurfs!! :D great page Flysoup ^_^

Edited by Epantiras, 26 June 2008 - 11:55 AM.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#23 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

oh noes attack of the D&D smurfs!! :D great page Flysoup ^_^

Indeed the psychadelic smurfs! Today I decided to go youtube with the bg comic. Added some bg music to the throne of bhaal final fight pages I shared here for some month's ago. Check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bgcomic

Best regards/ flysoup the balsurs gate addicted

Edited by flysoup, 29 June 2008 - 02:48 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#24 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

I chose to do this so that there wont be any confusing between the old and newly crafted/edited comic pages.
Other than that thanks you all for the constructive criticism and the inspiring words. Hope to meet you all at the
new Bhaalspawn site. The comic wouldn't have developed to what it has if it wasn't from the aid of you all.

Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 01:52 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#25 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:25 PM

Whee! For chunkination! Woot! :D

Hehheh, good one. ^^

#26 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

@ Flysoup: does your comic follow the BG novel storyline (since the pc's name is the same)? I've played the game but not read the novel, I can see you're adding content and personality to the pc but I don't know if it's because of the book or because it's the way your bhaalspawn was

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#27 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

@ Flysoup: does your comic follow the BG novel storyline (since the pc's name is the same)? I've played the game but not read the novel, I can see you're adding content and personality to the pc but I don't know if it's because of the book or because it's the way your bhaalspawn was

Hi,

One thing that I borrow from the novel is the protagonist name and the fact that Abdel starts around level 7 when heading out with Gorion from Candlekeep. I might borrow some more minor details from it but the main content is based on improvisation and my gaming experiences. The Pc I am using in the comic is mostly based on the Pc I used in my games but also with a mixture from the protagonist in the novel.

Good speed to you all and check out some samples from the comic on youtube aswell:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bgcomic

Edited by flysoup, 01 July 2008 - 02:44 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#28 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

You've got a really nice style, that's really fitting for the format you're using. Well done! Also, I absolutely adore your xvarts. I want to keep one. :)

#29 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

You've got a really nice style, that's really fitting for the format you're using. Well done! Also, I absolutely adore your xvarts. I want to keep one. :)

I bow for your kind and inspiring comment, I will try to find an Xvart for you that still has the head attached to the body ;)
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#30 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 01:53 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#31 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

Hats off, that's some neat scenery there! :D

Xan looks maybe a tiny bit sturdy faced for the skeleton he's supposed to be with his 7 CON points, but otherwise... :Bow:

#32 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Oh, I think he's perfect! Love the pouty lower lip and angular elven features, flysoup! Gorgeous concept for Evereska, too.

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Very nice. Just one typo on the last page: scull > skull :).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#34 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hats off, that's some neat scenery there! :D
Xan looks maybe a tiny bit sturdy faced for the skeleton he's supposed to be with his 7 CON points, but otherwise...

Mayhaps so but I was to busy to try making him pretty ;)

Oh, I think he's perfect! Love the pouty lower lip and angular elven features, flysoup! Gorgeous concept for Evereska, too.

I thank you for the blessing comment, it makes me happy :cheers:

Very nice. Just one typo on the last page : scull > skull

Thanks, I'll correct it. I am from Sweden and my english is more like swenglish :blink:

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. Besides this I thought that I would share a holiday card from Korgan.

korgan_bloodaxe.jpg

Edited by flysoup, 06 July 2008 - 11:26 AM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#35 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

Good detail, looks really Korgannish. ^^

But the truth of it is, nothing beats a dwarven tourist in the underdark. ^^

Edited by WeeRLegion, 06 July 2008 - 12:27 PM.

#36 Amaurea

Amaurea

Thread Killer Extraordinaire

• 409 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

Appropriately grissly. That bit of the spine dangling out of the severed heads made me throw up a little in my mouth...

#37 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

Heeh. I *really* like that Korgan image. :devil:

#38 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:39 AM

But the truth of it is, nothing beats a dwarven tourist in the underdark. ^^

Hehe good point.

Appropriately grissly. That bit of the spine dangling out of the severed heads made me throw up a little in my mouth...

Korgan makes the day in the blood n' guts way. But as you mentioned, Puke Alert! After the making of this illustration I noticed that I can't eat anything with ketchup anymore...

Heeh. I *really* like that Korgan image. devil.gif

Thanks friend, he is my favorite tank in the game. Wish I could have a bit of his attitude when facing the tax authority.

Well here is a image of Torgal that smells your but in the de'Arnise Keep. I remember the fist time I played the game walking in with my mage that had invisibility cast over him. I pissed in my pants when Torgal mentioned that he could smell me, I had max volume in the speakers by the way and it was late in the night.

Glorious memories and unhealthy gaming addictions.....

Torgal.jpg
"Chef of Goblin Pies"

#39 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

I really like your last drawings! I agree that Xan's a 'bit sturdy faced' compared with the vague memories of mine of the character protrait in BG1, but otherwise is wonderful! You really captured the character's feelings in it - and btw since character portraits are different even from BG1 to BG2 I think we're given a great freedom in drawing characters (they're not like NWN2)
I really look forward to see your next artworks
BTW I like the character design of the elven guy dressed in green, the one talking to Xan

oO My DA Gallery Oo

#40 flysoup

flysoup
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:25 AM

Michael H Bhaalspawn ;)

Edited by flysoup, 25 March 2010 - 01:55 PM.

"Chef of Goblin Pies"