BiG World Project (BWP) v5.5.2

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#61 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

SoS:
I've heard that you can install SoS with the mentioned error and play without problems (*crossing fingers*).

now the error message of SOS has been solved.
i have to use NI to edit the state.ids. after editing the state.ids with NI, i can use BWP5.5 to install SOS without error messages.
the first time i just use notepad to edit the state.ids,it don't work.there still is the error message.

#62 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

So I just took a look through the guide and I found some formatting issues and a couple of other issues that I wanted to make sure were mentioned. Nothing really too major, but I wasted my time, so I feel I have to share them :P

-The Valen mod does not have a romance included in it like it says in the description.
-Sheena- listed as regular in table of contents and expert in the guide itself.
-Ascension(4.6) listed as regular in TOC and expert in guide.
-In section 1A, the numbering skips from 1.5 to 1.9.
-In section 5, the numbering skips from 5.1 to 5.3.
-In section 9, the numbering skips from 9.5 to 9.6.
-In section 10, the numbering skips from 10.3 to 10.6 and 10.6 to 10.7.
-In section 11, the numbering skips from 11.5 to 11.7.
-In section 13, the numbering skips from 13.27 to 13.29.
-In section 14, the numbering skips from 14.18 to 14.20, 14.34 to 14.36, 14.39 to 14.41, and 14.41 to 14.47.
-Thael is listed as regular in the TOC and expert in the guide.
-In section 19, the numbering skips from 19.4 to 19.6.
-19.2 is listed as Unfinished Business für BGII v17 in TOC and Unfinished Business for BGII v17 in the guide.
-19.6 is listed as regular in the TOC and expert in the guide.
-In section 20, the numbering skips from 20.4 to 20.6.
-In the TOC, The Wheels of Prophecy is numbered 20.7 instead of 20.8 and P&P Celestials is listed as 20.8 and not 20.9.(Note: These two are technically numbered correctly if the missing is number is corrected and everything shifts to the proper place)
-I've read on the Ascension forums that there might be a conflict between UB's Sarevok's Remorse and Ascension's Sarevok dialogues. It might be something worth mentioning

:blink: Because I didn't realize that Ascension is in The Darkest Day? I suppose that does make my life a bit easier.

And I was looking at info on the TDD earlier today, and I am pretty sure that Ascension is not in it....which takes me back to my starting point.

Could I just install the Ascension mod(with none of the tactical mods) earlier in the megamod install so that it replaces the files before any other mod touches them? Or does that prevent some of the other mods from working properly still?

#63 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:30 AM

@ Ranadiel
Thanks for your comments of the guide, we will correct it.

To Ascension I'll copy my text from the other thread:

Ascension is outdated because the mod overwrites files instead of patching files and that causes some problems. You have the possibility to install it, but must live with the upcoming problems. In terms of installing use the version mentioned in the guide with the mod Big Picture, like the others stated. If you want to use Ascension I recommended SCSII and "Wheels of Prophecy", because both mods fixes some issues in Ascension, too.

Others installed Ascension as one of the first mods and that before BG2 Fixpack. We have not tested it and have the old installation order of Ascension in BWP. You can try our positions of Ascension or install it first, but if you want to use our installer, you must change the entries for that. And when a fixed version of Ascencion will released... I don't know.

new(Mike)
Nice to hear, that you could solve your problem. :)

Guests

so this BWP.. this is basically the BGT+BP Mega mod install?

Yes.

are all the mods on the german linklist link compatible with big world unless they say otherwise.. ?

Yes.

would be nice for a clear list of compatible and recommended mods to use with this

The list exist in our guide and in our linklist. Use the BiG World version (standard) and not the expert-version (grey mods).

Hoppy

There should be no problems and I only make one change for myself to allow Rhialto to spawn after BG1 (via a global check).

That means Rhialto shows up in BG2 only, right? What is with his spellbook, that the gamer should get earlier in the game? HC WildMage's needs it in BG1, too.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#64 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:04 AM

@ Ranadiel
Thanks for your comments of the guide, we will correct it.

To Ascension I'll copy my text from the other thread:

Ascension is outdated because the mod overwrites files instead of patching files and that causes some problems. You have the possibility to install it, but must live with the upcoming problems. In terms of installing use the version mentioned in the guide with the mod Big Picture, like the others stated. If you want to use Ascension I recommended SCSII and "Wheels of Prophecy", because both mods fixes some issues in Ascension, too.

Others installed Ascension as one of the first mods and that before BG2 Fixpack. We have not tested it and have the old installation order of Ascension in BWP. You can try our positions of Ascension or install it first, but if you want to use our installer, you must change the entries for that. And when a fixed version of Ascencion will released... I don't know.

Greetings Leomar

Oh don't worry, I'm apparently a masocist so I'll be doing the whole install by hand again.

As a side note, I noticed that some of the english in the guide sounds a little off. If I were to go through the guide and reword those statements that sounded off, would you be interested in using them in a future version of BWP or would I just be wasting my time?

#65 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:42 PM

Thought I'd pop in and drop off the results of my most recent BWP installation. A couple of the mods choked, for odd reasons like not having certain files that the .TP2 expected. Results below.

Also, NEJ installed fine, but was then completely screwed by something coming later. The areas became hopelessly corrupted, with the first CTD at TT1000. Still working on the reason for that, but perhaps someone's run across this problem and could point me in the right direction.

Anyway, here're the errors I got. Weidu.log attached.

Mods that Choke

Every Mod and Dog v3

ERROR: error loading [emad\Bizzen\Sounds]
Stopping installation because of error.

This directory does not exist in the extracted EMAD folder.

Assassinations v3

ERROR: error loading [Assassinations/Characters/O#CrGua2.cre]

This file does not exist in the extracted Assassinations folder.

Xan BG2 Friendship

ERROR: error compiling [Xan/Scripts/O#Drm2d.baf]:
Sys_error("Xan/Scripts/O#Drm2d.baf: No such file or directory")
ERROR: compiling [Xan/Scripts/O#Drm2d.baf]!

Just like the error says.

Stone of Askavar v1.3b

Copied [AR4200.ARE] to [override/AR4200.ARE]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF]
[./DATA/TDD-RULE.BIF] 893477 bytes, 520 files, 0 tilesets
FAILURE:
Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)
ERROR: [worldmap.wmp] -> [Override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)"))

Not sure what this one's about, since it's not a specific file it seems to be choking on. Still, thought it worth reporting.

Mods that Cause Errors

Unique Artifacts v1.12

ERROR: parsing [GT002.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [GT019.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [MALAR10.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [PSCHAOS.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error

For some reason, the Unique Artifacts mod affects these files, adding a second file extension to them. This causes error reports in Kitanya and DefJam. Not sure if this?ll cause any issues in the game itself.

XPMod v6

Speaking of DefJam, there are a ton of errors of the following kind in its install:

[AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2] ERROR at line 745 column 1-8
Near Text: APPEND
Not_found
ERROR: parsing [AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2]: Not_found
ERROR: No translation provided for @90010

I presume these are harmless, though.

Attached Files

#66 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

Hello :)

I have begun manual installation BiG_World_v5.5 and I had some questions:

1. In a manual nothing is spoken about two files TOSCEND.2DA and TOSCST.2DA from folder 'BiG World Fixpack\override' They need to be copied right at the beginning of installation? Up to BG2 Fixpack-v6? And for what mod they are necessary?
2. In the recent BWP release (6.02), there is a folder 'BiG World Fixpack\_override\scs' that contains the fix - ANDRIS.DLG, this actual patch for Sword Coast Stratagems v9?
3. Also, in folder 'BiG World Fixpack\ _ override\NTotSC' contains fix - AR6745. BCS. This fix does not work? It is still necessary for NTotSC4BGTv160a/162a?
4. In point '10.6. Ding0's QuestPack v2.3' - It is necessary to replace a file kit.ids, but BiG World Install v5.5.bat refers to a nonexistent folder 'expanded ids files'. I so understand, it is necessary to save manually kit.ids before installation Ding0's QuestPack v2.3 and then, will replace his?
5. In point 3.1.3. fix 'Setup-NeJ2.tp2.patch' does not delete line - REQUIRE_FILE
6. In point '11.4. Every Mod and Dog V EMaDv3_260605' - installation suffers failure because of error in setup-emad.tp2. It is necessary to remove a line 'COPY ~emad\Bizzen\Sounds~ ~Override~' in file setup-emad.tp2.
7. In manual nothing is spoken about patch from the folder BiG World Fixpack for 'Ascension v1.4.23', 'Spell Revisions v2', etc. They are necessary?
8. In a folder _Hotfixes only 2 fix whereas in _Hotfixes.txt it is spoken about five. They should be added manually?
Besides in file BiG World Install v5.5.bat there is a line ' %IFS%Jandor%S%Jandor%L%0%SK % 0 | %M%Jandor ', but it is not present in a manual. And also mod LuvNalia in BiG_World_Fixpack_v6.02.

About Expert version, can it is necessary to specify the reason why mod has grey color. For example - I wish to install difficult mods but I do not wish to install obviously bugged mods.
I think, that for manual installation it is necessary to leave records about that what files to replace or copy from folder BiG_World_Fixpack as it was in BiG_World_v5.4. That it was more clear as when to copy and replace.

Many thanks to all :cheers:
I am sorry for my disgusting English

#67 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Now, a question for Leomar- Why is there v5.5 and v5.6 Big World Install.bat in the BWInstallpack? Is it because of the v5.5 being with and v5.6 being without the postinstall.bat ?

:whistling:
And another question; Could you please make the auto installer a little bit less auto? -So we don't always have to modify the .bat for everything. Good none auto phases are the experience mods choises and the widescreen mods screen size.

And, my mistake Ranadiel, I meant that you need to install the "Ascension related mods" section from the BiG World Project.pdf to have the Ascension mod in(well not exactly :blush: but this is how it actually is).

XPMod v6
Speaking of DefJam, there are a ton of errors of the following kind in its install:
I presume these are harmless, though.

Well the guide says that you'll get those, but they are harmless if you get the install successful message.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#68 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:44 AM

More choking:

Assassinations

After removing the reference to O#CrGua2.cre in the TP2, we get another non-existent CRE choke:

ERROR: error loading [Assassinations/Characters/O#CrGu32.cre]

Xan

And again with Xan, after removing the reference to O#Drm2b.cre in the TP2, we get another non-existent CRE choke:

ERROR: error compiling [Xan/Scripts/O#Drm3b.baf]: Sys_error("Xan/Scripts/O#Drm3b.baf: No such file or directory")
ERROR: compiling [Xan/Scripts/O#Drm3b.baf]!

Wonder what else there is to choke on.  Such is life...

DtD

#69 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

@ Ranadiel

As a side note, I noticed that some of the english in the guide sounds a little off. If I were to go through the guide and reword those statements that sounded off, would you be interested in using them in a future version of BWP or would I just be wasting my time?

Your help would be very welcome!

#70 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

@ Derkoth
Thanks for your detailed report. At the moment we don't know why you have all the errors in your installation. We'll looking into it. Can you upload for us your "BiG World Debug.txt" (lying in your BG2 directory after using the Install.bat) and the XPMod.Debug.txt?

@ abbatik
Thanks for your comments to our BW Fixpack. We check your comments/questions. But I can answer some questions now:

I think, that for manual installation it is necessary to leave records about that what files to replace or copy from folder BiG_World_Fixpack as it was in BiG_World_v5.4. That it was more clear as when to copy and replace.

In a manual nothing is spoken about ...

That is what we don't want to do anymore and have deleted the most informations about that in the guide. It costs to much time to maintain it in the guide additionally and therefore you find readmes for the fixes in the BW Fixpack folder and/or can look in the patches to see, which changes were made with them. The BW Fixpack will be an own mod in the future like BG2 Fixpack and therefore we recommended an installation with it instead of manually patching/copying the files. At first it was important to look, that the BW Fixpack works correct and now we double check if the BW Fixpack contains old material. But the BW Fixpack checks the mods and if it see that the changes are made, so the BW Fixpack will not use the included patches. So you can use it everytime and that too if new fixed modversions came out.

About Expert version, can it is necessary to specify the reason why mod has grey color. For example - I wish to install difficult mods but I do not wish to install obviously bugged mods.

That is what we want to do next: Explain, why the mods are in the expert-version and that will be happen in one of our next BWP versions. If you have some questions about some expert-mods now, please fell free to ask.

Besides in file BiG World Install v5.5.bat there is a line ' %IFS%Jandor%S%Jandor%L%0%SK % 0 | %M%Jandor ', but it is not present in a manual. And also mod LuvNalia in BiG_World_Fixpack_v6.02.

We have took out Jandor, but forgot to delete the line in the Install.bat. For the BW Fixpack: you can find patches in it which belongs not to our recent guide, because you can use the BW Fixpack without our BWP. So if you want to use LuvNalia in your own installation, you get the known fixes with the BW Fixpack.

@ Jarno

And another question; Could you please make the auto installer a little bit less auto?

We need all auto-options to run smoothly in the whole thing. If you want to change some auto-options you must do it of your own or can talk with us about the auto-options, so we can find a good way, that fits for the most gamers. Have you any recommendations?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 11 November 2008 - 10:20 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#71 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:27 PM

@ Derkoth the Disg...

"Mods that Choke"

Thank you for reporting. However - it is very strange.

I cannot reproduce your problems. I just compared every single file you mentioned and I can say all are fine with my installation.

Every Mod and Dog v3 - ERROR: error loading [emad\Bizzen\Sounds] --> folder is existing

Assassinations v3 - ERROR: error loading [Assassinations/Characters/O#CrGua2.cre] --> file is existing

Stone of Askavar v1.3b --> no problem; maybe there is a in-game incompatibility, but it installs fine

Unique Artifacts v1.12 --> not any one of your errors;
UA causes problems in-game and thus will be marked as Expert with the next version

XPMod v6 --> not any single error or warning!!!

[AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2] ERROR at line 745 column 1-8 - ERROR: No translation provided for @90010 --> installs fine also in the English as in the German installation

NEJ installed fine, but was then completely screwed by something coming later. The areas became hopelessly corrupted, with the first CTD at TT1000. --> it was never reported before.

I don't know what was going wrong with your installation. Had you installed manually? - The installer is just made for prevent errors as yours.

Also it's important not to stop the installation procedure if it is once started. Never re-install!

#72 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

Leonardo,

Strange that you can't reproduce the errors.  Perhaps I'll try redownloading the mods.  Perhaps because I extracted them with WinRAR and not 7zip?  I dunno.  And yes, I used the auto-installer.

Anyway,  a separate install left NEJ working fine, but the other errors cropped up again.  I'll try again with new downloads of the mods, leave Unique Artifacts out, and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments... I'll keep you posted on any more issues that crop up!

:cheers:

DtD

EDIT: Redownloaded the mods, and the files I've previously noted are still missing.  How's that possible?  I'm really not sure why that is, but I'll keep editing mentions of them out of their TP2s and see if they'll go through all right.

Edited by Derkoth the Disgruntled, 12 November 2008 - 11:56 AM.

#73 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

Now I have updated my BWP-Guide to v5.5.1 and BWP-Fixpack to 6.0.3. Most of the reported issues in this thread are corrected except the State.IDS (Post # 41).

TYPE BG2_Tweaks\bg2tweaks_input.txt | Setup-BG2_Tweaks%EXE%

This code as suggested in Post # 28 does not work; I get a syntax error instead.

#74 azgarth

azgarth
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:49 AM

derkoth, just to save you time,
7zip vs winrar should not matter in this.
what i could imagine is that you have not set it to preserve paths when unrarring them.
it should be on by default, but if you haven't, it would save the file \cheese\file A.ext in X:\stuff\archive.rar in X:\stuff, rather than in X:\stuff\cheese.
which would be at another location than is searched.

#75 Silinde Ar-Feiniel

Silinde Ar-Feiniel
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

New in v5.5.1:

Corrections and updates:
- updated manual
- improved BW Install.bat
- corrected BW Fixpack

Updated mods:
- Breagar und die Schlangen Abbathors v3.2
- BGT NSC Portraits v1.3

Just a proposal: could you include in that panel:
1) the filename of the mods (as to find them easier)
2)the new mods that are imported into the list (and if there aren't any it could be stated)
3)the mods that gone from standard to expert (and the contrary)

It is just a great pain to download all the mods from the start for every new version of BWP and these changes would make it easier to locate the filenames and just replace the old versions with the new ones. Also searching every mod one by one, to find if there is a change different from update (removal/add/ moved to expert or the contrary) could be made much easier with this quick info. (i'm following the quick guide :P)
For example:
moved to expert
Stone of Askavar (Beta) v1.3 -Filename: tsoaV1.3Beta.rar

EDIT:Breagar und die Schlangen Abbathors v3.2 -is this mod for the English version too? -was it moved from expert to standard? (because there is no previous version of it in my standard 5.5 install)

Edited by Silinde Ar-Feiniel, 13 November 2008 - 05:02 AM.

If you want to alter reality, you must first escape from it.

My Deviant Art account

#76 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

@Ranadiel

You can't install the mods manually, because the BiG Wolrd Fixpack now "Patches" instead of overwriting. Also the BiG World installer will perform certain Copy/cut and Past between the installation of mods.
So I really recommend to use the automatic installer. Obviously this means, that you will have to inform about each component of the mods you want to install, because otherwise you'll probably have some components, which you don't like, and some other will miss. So please do the following:

1. Download the mods you want to play
2. Edit the install.bat and add/remove the components you want.
3. Choose the expert version.

Marvin

#77 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

@Ranadiel

You can't install the mods manually, because the BiG Wolrd Fixpack now "Patches" instead of overwriting. Also the BiG World installer will perform certain Copy/cut and Past between the installation of mods.
So I really recommend to use the automatic installer. Obviously this means, that you will have to inform about each component of the mods you want to install, because otherwise you'll probably have some components, which you don't like, and some other will miss. So please do the following:

1. Download the mods you want to play
2. Edit the install.bat and add/remove the components you want.
3. Choose the expert version.

Marvin

It is possible to use the fixpack without using the automatic installer though right?

And what do you mean by copy/cut and paste between mod installation?

#78 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:28 AM

Now I have updated my BWP-Guide to v5.5.1 and BWP-Fixpack to 6.0.3. Most of the reported issues in this thread are corrected except the State.IDS (Post # 41).

TYPE BG2_Tweaks\bg2tweaks_input.txt | Setup-BG2_Tweaks%EXE%

This code as suggested in Post # 28 does not work; I get a syntax error instead.

Try this:

TYPE BG2_Tweaks\bg2tweaks_input.txt | Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 3183

Make sure you have a file called "bg2tweaks_input.txt" inside the BG2_Tweaks folder that has the following text:

a
a
b
b
a

#79 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

what i could imagine is that you have not set it to preserve paths when unrarring them.
it should be on by default, but if you haven't, it would save the file  \cheese\file A.ext in X:\stuff\archive.rar in X:\stuff, rather than in X:\stuff\cheese.
which would be at another location than is searched.

Actually, upon further examination, I found that the problem was indeed with 7Zip.  Trying to extract the files from the self-extracting .exe's seems to leave a couple of files behind.  When I ran the .exe's themselves, all the files came out unscathed.  I have no idea why that would be, but there you go.  The mystery of the missing files is solved.

Now if only I could figure out what's wrong with Stone of Askavar, I'd be golden

:cheers:

DtD

#80 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:15 PM

if someone wants to install 'Thalantyr Item Upgrade v3.3' by BWP5.5.1, a change is a must.
english player should change '%IFES%thalan%S%thalan%L%1%SK% 0 | %M%' in the 'BiG World Install v5.5.1.bat' as '%IFES%thalan%S%thalan%L%2%SK% 0 | %M%'.
german player also need to change '%IFGS%thalan%S%thalan%L%3%SK% 0 | %M%' according to the language option.