Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v5.5.2

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#21 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:07 AM

I encountered another problem :( . Uff vista is starting to be annoying... at the end of the installation- I mean after end biff, after worldmap, the install screen goes black and nothing happens anymore :( . Do you know what might be the problem this time?

Edit: I presume that everything installed correctly because according to my weidu log everything is where is supposed to be, but I would have liked to see something at the end of the installation to reassure me that everything is okay.

Edited by dreamer2007, 04 November 2008 - 04:57 AM.

#22 -same guest-

-same guest-

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

the Tactics tp2 patch contains:

Binary files Setup-Tactics.tp2 and C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\Setup-Tactics.tp2 differ

This can't be the actual patch, is it?

#23 Uri

Uri
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:58 AM

I encountered another problem :( . Uff vista is starting to be annoying... at the end of the installation- I mean after end biff, after worldmap, the install screen goes black and nothing happens anymore :( . Do you know what might be the problem this time?

Edit: I presume that everything installed correctly because according to my weidu log everything is where is supposed to be, but I would have liked to see something at the end of the installation to reassure me that everything is okay.

do you happen to have panoramic screen? my girlfriend has such a monitor and there was the same problem - everything went black after starting the game. You should change the settings of 3D option - you should switch it off, or use Widescreen Mod

probably this is that case :unsure:

#24 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

do you happen to have panoramic screen? my girlfriend has such a monitor and there was the same problem - everything went black after starting the game. You should change the settings of 3D option - you should switch it off, or use Widescreen Mod

probably this is that case

No actually this doesn't happen in the game, it happened at the end of the Big World installation. And although the weidu log shows everything is in place as it should be the fact that the installation didn't show anything at the end and I had to close it by pressing x makes me uneasy of the success of the install. But everything seems okay inside the game so I have very happily started playing with a watcher of helm half orc and enjoy the great high difficulty and the nice content :) . Thank you again Big World Project team for your great effort in making this wonderful installation that makes the game so extremely much better, despite the fact that I encountered some minor problems like the one I mentioned everything is great and I appreciate the time and effort put in to make everything compatible and to make truly a Big World :cheers: , and thank you Uri for trying to help me. If I will encounter other problems I will report them here,

Steve

#25 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:58 AM

+++ C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2

That's strange because The GBThfKp.tp2.patch dating from 17.10.08 has no such line. It reads instead:
--- GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2
+++ GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2

The Bonehill Fixpack should not be there any more. Just delete it.

Binary files Setup-Tactics.tp2 and C:\BWP Patchstudio\patched files\Setup-Tactics.tp2 differ

I don't know what happens. There seems to be something wrong with the original Setup-Tactics.tp2 file. Neither the patch tool nor the programm ConTEXT can read this file. I tried to compare the patched file with the original one but ConTEXT aborts while reading the original file.

Apart from this you don't need Tactics for BWP because it is replaced by SCS and Revised Battles. Both mods cover almost all Tactics components

Just ignore the battles fix and BoneHill fix. I will delete them with the next update

Does the BWP fixpack automatically detect which version of the mod these fixes exclusively apply to, or does it apply the fixes regardless of the mod version?

Yes, if a file will be patched. No, if it will be replaced.
I will take care to delete the fix if it is implemented with a new update of a mod. However with Bonehill I have overlooked it. But it doesn't matter because the files are identical.

the fact that the installation didn't show anything at the end and I had to close it by pressing x makes me uneasy of the success of the install.

After installation the batch file check all installed mods and ends with: Installation complete

#26 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

After installation the batch file check all installed mods and ends with: Installation complete

It wasn't like that for me. The install screen was empty, and I couldn't see anything even if I scrolled upwards and I didn't see any check.

Maybe this is related with a strange error I got at the start of the install in which I had to choose if I should install something about BW herbs and changed icons- I don't remember exactly- and that option appeared twice, and the second time when I chose to install a new dos window opened, I think called patch, but windows announced me that it didn't respond and I had to close it, but everything after that worked normally until the end when I got the empty install window problem.

Edited by dreamer2007, 04 November 2008 - 12:19 PM.

#27 mouser

mouser
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

About to tear my hair out here...

I've downloaded all the files, unpacked them to a separate directory (so none start installing themselves before they should), installed, patched, and played BG, BG2, and ToB games to be sure the .ini's are updated.

I move all the unpacked mod files into the SoA directory, run the fixpack, run the install.bat, program sees every mod, and all is well...

right up to the point the batch file pauses after the lost items mod. At that point the cmd window simply vanishes.

Right at line 1332 or 1335 in the original .bat file (after BGT and NEJ are finished without a hitch). I did edit mine, but used notepad++ so there should be no funky symbols or EOL markers left lying around anywhere.

the only other difference this last time the shar-teel firewalker and continuity component of NEJ wouldn't go. That worked fine when I installed by hand, but I found the right compatibility program (link on download page needs to be updated - Vlad's got the right file if you follow the support link) since then

That was my third attempt at an auto-install. Can I install the rest manually since I know where it left off? I'm running XP SP 3. If there are any .debug files that would help diagnose this I'll glady upload them. The weidu log just shows the lost items components as the last installs...

#28 -same guest-

-same guest-

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

That's strange because The GBThfKp.tp2.patch dating from 17.10.08 has no such line. It reads instead:
--- GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2
+++ GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2

What I meant was, I had to change line 2 from

+++ GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2

to

in order to correctly patch the file. Otherwise, the file does not patch properly (hence the "Assertion failed" error message). Unlike the other patch files, this one does not have a timestamp either.

Does the BWP fixpack automatically detect which version of the mod these fixes exclusively apply to, or does it apply the fixes regardless of the mod version?

Again I probably didn't make myself clear.

My question was, does the BWP fixpack scan a mod's tp2 and check its 'VERSION' or verify the file's CRC/MD5 hash in order to make sure the fixes are applied to the correct version of the mod it was meant for? Since the release of BWP fixpack isn't synchronized with the release of every mod, players may have a more up-to-date version than the ones mentioned in BWP guide. In such cases, it is important to make sure BWP doesn't accidentally apply its fixes on a version it was not meant for (like in the case of BoneHill mod). Just a humble suggestion.

In your Big World pdf guide, you mention some mod components cannot be auto installed and requires user intervention.

For example, in BG2 Tweaks, component 3183 has this problem. From your pdf file:

Install Component 3183 [Romance Cheats]? choose one:

Unfortunately, these settings can not be done with the batch file. Indeed, the corresponding number from the WeiDU.log states that the component was installed, nevertheless, does not show which settings were carried out.

Remove racial requirements for romances? (Select a or b)
a) Remove
b) No changes
Remove gender requirements for romances? (Select a or b)
a) Remove
b) No changes
Allow multiple romances? (Select a or b)
a) Allow multiple
b) No changes
Several romances can cause stutter if they are used togeher with other romances mods. Don't
use it together with Saerileth.
Start romances for new games in ToB?
a) Start for new ToB games
b) No change
Use the Flirt Packs instead, as they provide a much more expansive treatment.
Are these choices correct?
a) Yes, proceed with install ]
b) No, let me re-select them

The highlighted part in bold are the options you chose. Why not store these in an input file beforehand, then use TYPE to display its contents and send it through a pipe to Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe?

For example, I have something like:

TYPE BG2_Tweaks\bg2tweaks_input.txt | Setup-BG2_Tweaks%EXE% 20 40 60 100 110 120 1010 1080 1120 1130 1150 1160 1170 1180 2060 2090 2151 2170 2200 2210 2320 2330 2340 3000 3010 3031 3040 3050 3060 3070 3080 3090 3100 3110 3121 3125 3170 3183 3200 4010 4020 4031 4041 4050 4061 4071 4080 4090 4100 4110

In your case, the contents of the input file would be:

a
a
b
b
a

And this seems to work. The other mods that I recall had this problem were BG1NPC, Gavin, and Worldmap but they were all done in an automated install using this method.

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:38 PM

My question was, does the BWP fixpack scan a mod's tp2 and check its 'VERSION' or verify the file's CRC/MD5 hash in order to make sure the fixes are applied to the correct version of the mod it was meant for? Since the release of BWP fixpack isn't synchronized with the release of every mod, players may have a more up-to-date version than the ones mentioned in BWP guide. In such cases, it is important to make sure BWP doesn't accidentally apply its fixes on a version it was not meant for (like in the case of BoneHill mod).

Sorry, I should've looked more closely in the BWP fixpack. I just answered my own question. It seems the Bonehill fix was done by overwriting instead of patching leading to all this confusion. Ignore my question. :doh:

#30 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

Thank you unknown Guest for your suggestions. I simply didn't have the knowledge. I will include it with the next update.

@ dreamer2007
I run my file about ten times until the end before I published it. The only time I had a black screen was as Window auto-update started. What's your operating system? I have Windows XP.

@ mouser
At that point the cmd window simply vanishes.
I never had this before. Also it was never reported. There is a "BiG World Debug.txt" file that would help diagnose.

#31 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:57 PM

+++ GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2
to
in order to correctly patch the file. Otherwise, the file does not patch properly (hence the "Assertion failed" error message). Unlike the other patch files, this one does not have a timestamp either.

That might be because the files are usually, as recommended in the .pdf -file, copied before to the game folder, not after you fix them with the BWP fixpack.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#32 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

run my file about ten times until the end before I published it. The only time I had a black screen was as Window auto-update started. What's your operating system? I have Windows XP

I have Vista.

Edit: So what should I do now? Can I continue the game? Or I might encounter problems that I would prefer not to have? Just in case I uploaded my weidu log to see if everything is okay, but if you want to change something in the installer that made my problems in Vista I am willing to reinstall to verify if the change is okay. Actually I would be happy to see the install going with no problems from start to finish cause I wouldn't want to reach with my character a high level and find out something didn't happen correctly in the installation and I would be forced to restart. It would give me more confidence

Attached Files

Edited by dreamer2007, 05 November 2008 - 05:05 AM.

#33 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

Maybe this causes your problem:

// Recently Uninstalled: ~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v1

Do you have reinstalled this mod manually? From the BWP guide:" If you want to do any changes, first Uninstall this mod, replace the BGMain.exe with the backuped BGMain.exe and then install the mod again."

Before the Install.bat installs the Widescreen Mod it creates a folder BiG World Fixpack\_temp\widescreen inside BGII - SoA. There you will find a copy of BGMain.exe made immediately before installing widescreen.
Uninstall widescreen, copy the backup BGMain.exe into your main folder and install widescreen again manually with your settings.

Then copy the files from BiG World Fixpack\_Hotfixes (not the folders) into your override. At last copy the file TS\cre\GZombie.cre into the override (it was faulty changed by BP177)

Now you should be fine. Good luck!

#34 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

I am sorry I have't been too specific to make myself understood fully. I installed using the standard version, so widescreen I had to install manually anyway. The problem with the black install screen was before I even had the chance to realize that in the standard version of the installer widescreen would be skipped. But anyway if you say that all I need to do to have a perfect install is to follow the instructions you gave me so I will. Thank you!

Edit: I did a complete reinstall from the start and I made sure to close all the unnecessary programs, the antivirus, the internet and still the same problems - crash at the patch.exe (when the option to install BWL updated Herbs Add-In Updated Images by Eraphine for BG1 appeared the second time regardless if I chose to install or not to install) and black screen at the end of the installation.

Edited by dreamer2007, 06 November 2008 - 03:39 AM.

#35 -CarrotTop-

-CarrotTop-

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

i encountered similar problems/concerns as dreamer2007, when i first installed the BWP, patch.exe had crashed at GBThfKp and at the end of the installation all i saw was a black screen as well. i think i caught a glimpse of installation complete but the command screen was flooding with too many empty lines at once so i didn't get a clear view

#36 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:43 AM

when i use BiG_World_Fixpack_v6.02 and BiG_World_Installlpack_v5.5 to install,there always is an error in the 'BiG World Debug' as follows:

[SOS/BAF/CBBANDED.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 8 column 1-45
Near Text: )
[StateCheck] argument [STATE_NORMAL] not found in [State.IDS]

i tried to only extart BG2_Fixpack-v6、BGT107-WIP-08-09-28-Install、BGT_NPCSound_v2、TxtMusic_v7、SoSv1.12、BiG_World_Fixpack_v6.02、BiG_World_Installlpack_v5.5、WeiDU-Windows-208 into the BGII - SoA folder , and run the BiG World Install v5.5,i also try to choose BiG World version and Expert version,i find there is still the error message in the 'BiG World Debug' whether i use the BiG World version or i use Expert version.

why there is such a message ,where i install SoSv1.12 by hand ,there isn't such a message in the SETUP-SOS.DEBUG file,plz help.thx

#37 --Mike--

--Mike--

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

when i use BiG_World_Installlpack_v5.4 and Fixpack_v6.01 to install the BWP,there isn't such an error message in the 'BiG World Debug' .
who can e_mail 'BiG_World_Installlpack_v5.4 and Fixpack_v6.01' to me (my email is meng_x_r@sohu.com)
plz help .thank you very much.

#38 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:53 AM

Leonardo will response later to your batch-file problems.

I have an information for this:

[SOS/BAF/CBBANDED.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 8 column 1-45
Near Text: )
[StateCheck] argument [STATE_NORMAL] not found in [State.IDS]

This is not a batch or a BWP problem. It is a problem which could happen with WeiDU.
Here you can read more about it.

[EDIT]

Now, a question for Leomar- Why is there v5.5 and v5.6 Big World Install.bat in the BWInstallpack? Is it because of the v5.5 being with and v5.6 being without the postinstall.bat ?

Sorry, we forgot to delete this file. We have done this and uploaded the BW Installpack anew at the same day.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 06 November 2008 - 06:06 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#39 -guest123-

-guest123-

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:57 AM

i'm changing the path in the GBThfKp.tp2 file as you suggested however i'm still getting a patch.exe errror.

--- GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2
+++ GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2

+++ GBThfKp\GBThfKp.tp2

to

My question was, does the BWP fixpack scan a mod's tp2 and check its 'VERSION' or verify the file's CRC/MD5 hash in order to make sure the fixes are applied to the correct version of the mod it was meant for? Since the release of BWP fixpack isn't synchronized with the release of every mod, players may have a more up-to-date version than the ones mentioned in BWP guide. In such cases, it is important to make sure BWP doesn't accidentally apply its fixes on a version it was not meant for (like in the case of BoneHill mod). Just a humble suggestion.

In your Big World pdf guide, you mention some mod components cannot be auto installed and requires user intervention.

For example, in BG2 Tweaks, component 3183 has this problem. From your pdf file:

Install Component 3183 [Romance Cheats]? choose one:

Unfortunately, these settings can not be done with the batch file. Indeed, the corresponding number from the WeiDU.log states that the component was installed, nevertheless, does not show which settings were carried out.

Remove racial requirements for romances? (Select a or b)
a) Remove
b) No changes
Remove gender requirements for romances? (Select a or b)
a) Remove
b) No changes
Allow multiple romances? (Select a or b)
a) Allow multiple
b) No changes
Several romances can cause stutter if they are used togeher with other romances mods. Don't
use it together with Saerileth.
Start romances for new games in ToB?
a) Start for new ToB games
b) No change
Use the Flirt Packs instead, as they provide a much more expansive treatment.
Are these choices correct?
a) Yes, proceed with install ]
b) No, let me re-select them

The highlighted part in bold are the options you chose. Why not store these in an input file beforehand, then use TYPE to display its contents and send it through a pipe to Setup-BG2_Tweaks.exe?

For example, I have something like:

TYPE BG2_Tweaks\bg2tweaks_input.txt | Setup-BG2_Tweaks%EXE% 20 40 60 100 110 120 1010 1080 1120 1130 1150 1160 1170 1180 2060 2090 2151 2170 2200 2210 2320 2330 2340 3000 3010 3031 3040 3050 3060 3070 3080 3090 3100 3110 3121 3125 3170 3183 3200 4010 4020 4031 4041 4050 4061 4071 4080 4090 4100 4110

In your case, the contents of the input file would be:

a
a
b
b
a

And this seems to work. The other mods that I recall had this problem were BG1NPC, Gavin, and Worldmap but they were all done in an automated install using this method.

#40 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:55 AM

i'm changing the path in the GBThfKp.tp2 file as you suggested however i'm still getting a patch.exe errror.

Since I don't know what the error message is you're getting and how you typed in the command, I wouldn't really know what went wrong on your side. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend patching the files manually unless you're familiar with it. It's probably best to wait for Leonardo to update his BWP installer since that is a very good tool itself.

However, if you simply can't wait any longer, here is the patched tp2. Replace the GBThfKp.tp2 file (in the GBThfKp folder) with this one.