Photo

Tashia Romance Banters - Class Specific

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for answering my q's Bri. Don't worry about me rushing through the game and not doing the stronghold quests, I pretty much insist on doing virtually *every* quest available, to build up my rep and experience :) . Also, I never cheat unless I need to circumvent a bug.

On a sidenote, I've added two music scores from BG1 to Arilistan's cave in my BGII. They are "BW1" (battle with Sarevok in the Bhaal Temple), and "DreamA" (eerie dream sequence music). IMHO the cave needed some ambient and combat music for such an important event in CHARNAME's life.

Uriel

#22 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:59 AM

Hmm, I would have to listen to that music, but I could see where some of that would be better for those scenes. Of course as Maus is the one working on the actual programming the decision would be his to implement (if it could be)...now to finish up the fighter dialogue (Only half done...and it does take me a few hours to think of what to put in there...sometimes its easy, sometimes it isn't)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#23 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:13 AM

Tashia and a fighter, after he finishes the stronghold keep maybe.

Tashia walks over to you, giving an appreciative "Hmm..." as you feel her eyes peering over you, much like a woman eyeing a piece of meat in butcher's shop. Tashia circles around you before stopping.

Her face breaks out in a grin, enjoying her slight teasing of you with her actions, and she says, "I was expecting Lord MainChar to be a bit taller. You know, just like the heroes of legend. Seven feet tall, broad shouldered, thighs with which you can break tables, sloping forehead..."

Tashia leans in then, and kisses your lips, her tongue teasingly darting forward before she steps back. Tashia grabs your hand in hers, and pressing it close to her heart, and says hesitantly "Pardon my teasing, MainChar. Between the hunt for Irenicus and all your additional duties protecting Nalia's birthright, you seemed to be worn thin..."

Option 1:
Look at Tashia, letting your irritation at her flighty behavior trickle through your face, and say, "That's right, I've been worn thin. People seem to think that I can go on and on, like I'm some kind of thoroughbred horse."

Rise up, and remove your hand from Tashia's, and say, "You know, maybe just once, you can try to be serious about my needs. And what do I have to show for it? I have people still asking for my help, and I have others snickering behind my back...oh wait, I now have someone making fun of me in front of my face..."

Run a finger through your hair, and pluck out one that is actually a bit grey, and toss it to the ground for emphasis, awaiting her response.

Option 2:
Smile at Tashia, and say, "I guess that's so. Too many things going on. I apologize if I seemed distant..."

Glance at her, and then ask, "Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling me another of your riddles?"

Hug her close, saying, "I could use the distraction...and the excuse to see your perfect lips speak once more..."

Option 3:
Look at Tashia, and realize that you have been neglecting her lately with all that is going on. Grasp her right hand, bend on one knee, and brush your lips along the back of her knuckles before saying, "Fair Maiden, I have slain fearsome dragons, conquered mighty enemies, and braved unspeakable terrors, but next to a mere fleeting moment basking in thine angelic presence, these triumphs pale such as to disgrace my honor. Dear Lady, wilst thou save my honor and grant thy heavenly companionship to me?"

If Option 1, then go to A.
If Option 2, then go to B.
If Option 3, then go to C.

A:
Tashia looks up in your face, her jovial mood dissipated by the force of your emotion, clutching her hands at her side, not moving from her spot either.

"I am sorry..." she says quietly, concern crossing her face, and she embraces you tightly once more, and whispers into your ear, "but I never laughed at you. I'm proud of all that you've accomplished, you know that..."

She kisses you on the cheek, running her fingers through your arm hair, stroking and caressing your skin, "Maybe no one else has told you this, but I'm proud of you. I'm sure that Gorion would have been proud of you too. Sometimes I forget how young you are..."

Then she turns more serious, stroking your face with her index finger, "But you're killing yourself with this pace. I know you don't have much choice now, but you need to slow down, the sooner the better."

Option 4:
Hold Tashia tight, and kiss her so passionately that you lose yourself in her touch until the need for breath pulls you apart, then smile at her and say, "I love you, you know. You usually know the right thing to say..."

Glance into her honest eyes, and say, "But it means a lot to me. That you are proud of me, I mean. Sometimes with the hustle and bustle, it is nice to be remembered."

Sigh, and say, "But you're right, this pace is going to kill me. I don't know when it will end, but there is nothing I would like to do more..."

Quirk your lips, and say, "Honestly, I don't really want power. I just object to idiots having power over me..."

Option 5:
Look at Tashia, and answer sarcastically, "Well, thank you for stating the obvious. I'm so glad that with all I've done, you are proud of me."

Shake your head, and push away from her, "You know, one thing that I've found is the only person I can rely on, truly depend on, is myself."

Glance at her, and shake your head, "I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, that is the way of the world. The only one you can rely on is yourself, and what you are able to hold in your two hands..."

If Option 4, then go to D.
If Option 5, then go to E.

B:
Tashia smiles slightly at the compliment, and says, "Well, you are getting smoother with your tongue."

She sighs, and holding your hand in hers, she says, "Very well. I am valued by men, fetched from afar, gleaned on the hill-slopes, gathered in groves, in dale and on down. All day through the air, wings bore me aloft, and brought me with cunning. Safe under roof, men steeped me in vats. Now I have power to pummel and bind, to cast to the earth, old man and young. Soon he shall find who reaches to seize me, pits force against force, that he's flat on the ground, stripped of his strength if he cease not his folly, loud in his speech, but of power despoiled to manage his mind, his hands or his feet. Now ask me my name, who can bind men on earth, and lay fools low in the light of day..."

Option 6.
Answer, "Love, for just as you have claimed my heart, and laid me low, so can love do for any man."

Option 7.
Answer, "Is it mead or wine? For when drunk, it can lay the strongest man low?"

Option 8.
Answer, "I don't know. What is it?"

If Option 6, then go to F.
If Option 7, then go to G.
If Option 8, then go to H.

C:
Tashia catches her breath, and then she smiles, beckoning for you to stand and she gives you a gentle kiss on your cheek.

She then steps back, caressing the side of your face with her hand, and then says, falling into the faux-antiquated language you were speaking earlier, "I have faced powerful spirits, magical beasts, and evil men, but 'twas your eyes, m'lord, which finally smote me..."

There is laughter dancing behind her eyes, as she says so, running her fingers along the edge of your body, and snuggles firmly into your embrace.

Option 9:
While Tashia lies within your embrace, you look toward the sky and say, "I daresay I am up for another riddle. It has been a while since you sharpened your wit on me..."

Option 10:
Decide to say another line for your beloved, but in a slightly different context, "My dear lady, thou art the loveliest creature that hath ever had the generosity to grace our poor, beleaguered world. Thy radiance far outshines that of the sun, moon, and all the stars in the night sky. Now grab your ankles..."

If Option 11, then go to B.
If Option 10, then go to I.

D:
Tashia eagerly kisses you back, and she rests her head on your shoulder, and she murmurs in agreement with you.

Tashia gently runs her fingers along the lines of your face, cupping your cheek with her hand, when she says, "The one thing I've learned in my years: endure pain, find joy, and make your own meaning, because the world certainly isn't going to supply it..."

Kissing the side of your neck, tasting the salt on your skin, she says, "I guess that's why I'm so quick with a riddle, or a joke. Life is much too short to spend on continuous strife, worry, and sadness."

Twining the fingers of her right hand into yours, she steps back, and whispers, "But I find joy with you no matter what."
(End dialogue)

E:
Tashia looks stricken at your last comments, but rather than dwelling in sadness, she rises up and the mounting fury of her faces matches your anger.

"Damn you," she hisses, "you...you bastard. I've heard this talk before...right before Arilistan kidnapped me, killed me...even in death he couldn't let me go."

Drawing herself up, she looks you straight in the eye, and practically shrieks, "Well, I don't want your...love...out of some damn sense of obligation. And don't worry, I will be sure not to be in your damn way in the future!"

Tears slowly coming down her eyes, she growls, "I hope you are happy grasping for power, for it's going to be a long, lonely life..."
(End romance, Tashia leaves).

F:
Tashia clenches your hands tightly in hers, a blush climbing over her face, and she says, "It's not often that one who has said the wrong answer can still be so right..."

She leans in, pressing her lips tightly to your mouth, creating a perfect seal so, for just that moment in time, the only thing you are aware of is the feel of her skin on yours, and the warmth of the breath you share, her long blond hair draping itself on your skin.

When she pulls back, a pleasant flush on her face, she says, "The answer was honey-mead, but your answer was sweeter than mine..." and she leans in for another kiss...
(End dialogue)

G:
Tashia smiles, and she says, "Indeed, it is mead actually, for it is made from honey, the wings that carry it being the flight of bees..."

Tashia then leans in and kisses you, and as she presses her lips onto yours, you notice how especially sweet her lips are. Tashia then pulls back, and she lifts up a canteen, a sparkle in her eye as she presses it towards you. As you take a deep drought of it, the sweetness is almost too much on your tongue, but this is quickly forgotten as the heady brew makes its way down your gullet.

Just as the brew hits your system, Tashia leans in again to give a kiss, and after another breath-gasping moment, you find that your head is abuzz, though whether due to the kiss or mead is another matter.

"Sweets for the sweet..." Tashia giggles.
(End dialogue)

H:
Tashia shakes her head, and says, "The answer is honey-mead."

She gives a pat on your head, and says, "That's okay, you'll get it next time..."

She gives a saucy swing of her hip, noticing the glint in your eye, and she laughs, "At least you're...preoccupied...by something more important now..."
(End dialogue)

I:
Tashia seems lost in your words, but at your very last phrase, she starts to laugh, holding you tight to her body.

"I was wondering how long you could keep that up," she offers, peppering your face with kisses. A sultry look crosses her face, as she briefly hitches up the side of her skirt, exposing an ankle, and says, "You've broken down my battlements, sirrah and laid siege to my heart..." and leans provocatively into you...
(End dialogue)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#24 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 12:05 PM

About the BG1 music, I have the two mentioned music tracks in .wav format, I could send them to you by email, if you wish. IMHO BG1 music is superior to BG2 music.

Uriel

#25 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I have the Baldur's Gate I music here somewhere (it came free when I got BG 2, I think...or maybe it was compiled with Tales of the Sword Coast.)

The problem is I just need to find it. Heh, hopefully I will be able to get the cleric-Tashia banter up in a bit (I think its better than the fighter one...oh well :) ).

At least for her own Romance music, though, I do like the happy and the sad tracks that were already made.

I might have an Underdark banter in mind, and one for donning the Gender Bender belt, but that would leave only 4 new dialogues for SoA to do...and those last two are optional. Not quite as much room to do in ToB, I think...though I will come up with some general NPC banters there in the future.

#26 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 12:52 PM

You can use Near Infinity to play the music tracks from BG1, and as for you having BG1, what a taffer ("taffer" means fool, from TDP) I am! How could you be making the Delainy mod without it! I guess I wasn't thinking, it tends to happen alot with me, heh.

Uriel

#27 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:00 PM

*grins* Yep, got Near Infinity (as well as other tools available). Its just that as I have done to death, it makes sense for me to get the majority of the projects done that just require dialogues, rather than programming on my part.

And much time has been saved since Camdawg has been helping me do some editing as well, clearing up my language (while I still finish other dialogues).

*grins* And I could have borrowed BG1 a long time ago from a friend, but don't think anything of it. As I said, the copy of (I can't remember whether it was BG1 or BG2, but it honestly did come with a separate CD of BG 1 music).

So, is there something you wish to see in Tashia added? (asks this out of curiousity)

#28 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:54 PM

Tashia and a cleric (after the cleric is accepted by a temple...)

You finish your prayers to your deity, when you notice Tashia looking intently upon your form. As you return her look, a slight smile tugs at her mouth. When you approach, she walks forward, embracing you tightly, then pulls away.

"I hope you didn't mind me watching..." she says, giving a slight chuckle, "I guess sometimes I get a bit jealous of the..depth...of your devotion..."

Tashia shakes her head, her hair swirling in a golden whirlwind, before she pushes a few errant strands from her eyes.

You notice that she holds herself tightly as she says, "Jealous enough, and worried enough, that I sometimes wonder what will become of us..."

Option 1:
Smile at Tashia, and simply say, "Tashia, there is enough room for my love and my god."

Caress her golden hair, lining the inside of her a neck with kisses, "I feel--well, balanced is the best word I can think of--when I pray, I feel at peace with myself...but it's more than that."

Furrow your brows, and say, "Sometimes, the taint, it lies deep underneath, ready to rise up. Yet, it grew quiescent when I prayed. And...and...and when I'm with you."

Grasp her hand in yours, reassuring any doubts she has, "But that doesn't change what I feel for you. I could no more forsake you than I could give up my faith."

Cock your head, and ask Tashia, "Have you ever felt such...a connection...to being part of something larger, and yet knowing that even as insignificant as you might be, that you are still important?"

Option 2:
Cock your head, and pull away slightly from Tashia, saying, "If you have so little faith in me, if you have so much doubt in your heart, then I think it may be best that we go our ways."

Sighing, continue, "I would no more forsake my faith than I would give up breathing."

Stare deeply into Tashia's eyes, and quietly finish, "I am sorry if that is so hard to understand for you..."

Option 3:
Lick your lips, and whisper, "You know Tashia, just because one is a cleric doesn't mean they are discouraged from relationships..."

Laugh, and say, "Oh, I won't deny that there are some faiths and sects that can be...strict...in their rules, but most aren't that stringent."

Blow into her long, delicate ear, running your fingers alongside Tashia's outer skin, reassuring her with your very touch.

If Option 1, then go to A.
If Option 2, then go to B.
If Option 3, then go to C.

A:
Tashia looks surprised by your question, and for a few seconds, you wonder if you insulted her somehow when she says, "Well, before you met me, before I left Arilistan, I would definitely have said yes."

A grin crosses her face, and she says, "Oh, it's not like I am an atheist of some sort. Rather hard to not believe in the gods when they have a tendency of taking material form at their whim. Heh, and I imagine it's not the safest lifestyle, not unless you are pursuing a career in being a lightning rod."

Tashia then smiles at you, and she whispers, "But now? I am uncertain..."

A tear briefly rolls down her cheek, and Tashia says, "I mean, when I left with Arilistan, I was certain, absolutely certain that he changed, and..."

Tashia shakes her head, "And you know what happened...but...there you were. I couldn't help but wonder, if Hanali Celanil and Sehanine Moonbow had a hand in you finding me, in loving me."

Tashia nervously explains, "Sometimes I think that it was Sehanine that led you to me. I mean, out of the entirety of Amn, you knew, you absolutely knew where to find me. Then...well, it all happened so fast, but I knew, I just knew I had to tell you how I felt. And to find out how you felt about me...I think it may have been a miracle..."

Option 4:
Smile at Tashia, and says, "Then maybe both of us were given a miracle."

Nibble at an ear, and whisper, "It would be a shame to squander a gift from the gods, wouldn't it?"

Option 5:
You decide to change the topic, to help put Tashia at ease.

"You know, one thing my deity likes are people that exercise their minds. It has been a while since you last told me a riddle. Besides, keeping in practice is a good way to be near you..." you say, finishing by sneaking another kiss.

Option 6:
Hold Tashia close, and whisper, "It may be true that the gods had a hand in our coming together..."

Squeeze her hand, and continue, "But the final decision is up to us mortals..."

Your eyes blazing with intensity, say, "And I chose you."

If Option 4, then go to C.
If Option 5, then go to D.
If Option 6, then go to E.

B:
Tashia looks in shock at you, her face slowly turning red, and she practically shouts, "What the hell?"

She lunges in, threatening to hit you with the ball of her fist. She stops, and pulls back, deciding that it isn't worth it to hit you.

Pulling away, hugging herself tight, "Well, pardon me for coming between you and your religion, you patronizing bastard. I don't know which is worse, the fact you just broke us up, or the unbelievable calm in which you split us apart."

She steps in front of you, and you feel a moistness on your face slowly sliding down as Tashia spits, and says, "You know, it's people like you that cause me to doubt the necessity of priests. Claiming to be spiritual leaders, you make me wonder why the spirit world needs leaders..."
(End romance)

C:
Tashia giggles, then a moan escapes her lips from your touch, and she arches her back, cleaving tightly to you.

As her head lowers once more, she gazes lovingly into your eyes, and says, "The priests do say that one's body is a temple..."

Tashia nimbly runs her finger along your chest, gently rubbing in circles, "Are you conducting services today?" pressing her warm flesh to yours.

Tashia leans back, clasps your hand and runs it along the curve of her hip. A purr echoes in her throat, and she whispers, "Should I consider it a miracle you don't have a vow of chastity?"
(End dialogue)

D:
Tashia smiles, and says, "I'm afraid that you have me at an impasse. Oh, I have a riddle or two left yet, but I can't guarantee their quality..."

Leaning back into your arms, Tashia says, "Anyway, here goes:
I've got a beautiful, beautiful hall
All walled in red velvet
With all white armchairs made of bone
And in the middle a woman dances..."

Option 7:
Answer, "Is it your heart?" and press your hand over the swell of Tashia's breast.

Option 8:
Answer, "Is it your mouth?" and lean in to kiss Tashia softly.

Option 9:
Look down at your pants, and pointing to your crotch, "Is that...the answer?"

If Option 7, then go to F.
If Option 8, then go to G.
If Option 9, then go to H.

E:
Tashia just looks at you for a second, and for the briefest of moments you think you inadvertently said something wrong, when Tashia grasps you tightly.

Pressing in close, you hear Tashia stifle a sob, and feel two wet drops on your back. Silence surrounds the two of you for several minutes as much of the agony and tension flee from Tashia, the accumulated anguish finally given release.

Tashia leans back, giving a final sniffle, her eyes red, raising a hand to wipe away her last tear, her hair disheveled. In that moment, Tashia looks just as lovely as ever, even in the final throes of sorrow.

Tashia then gives a tentative smile, saying "I'm sorry...that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.."
(End dialogue)

F:
Tashia's eyes widen with merriment, as she replies, "My heart? Only if my chest was split open..."

She presses her hands over yours, and you feel the beating of her heart, timidly at first, then increasing as a red flush slowly suffuses her body.

Tashia makes no move to leave. Instead, she moves in close, until both of her and your hands are trapped between the press of both your bodies...
(End dialogue)

G:
Tashia gives a sharp gasp when she finally pulls apart from you, but when she gazes into your eyes, her face takes on a saucy look and licking her lips, she says, "You, sir, are correct..."

Tashia raises your hand to her cheek, rubbing her face on it, her eyes closed, saying, "Hmm...I guess you have won that round..." before slowly kissing your finger, then kissing the flat of your palm, followed by the inside your wrist...
(End dialogue)

H:
Tashia looks quizzically at you, then giggles as she lays her hand on yours, not moving either, saying, "No, silly it was mouth."

Stroking your hand, she breathes huskily, "You sometimes have only one thing on your mind, don't you..."
(End dialogue)

#29 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:07 PM

And much time has been saved since Camdawg has been helping me do some editing as well, clearing up my language (while I still finish other dialogues).

I be mor gooder editer forr freind mine Bree! Tashya I likes to.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#30 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:24 PM

*shakes her head in pain*

Especially when I started to think of how I could write that way...

#31 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:56 PM

Rite wut whey? :rolleyes:

*snicker*

I'll take a look at these when I get the chance. G'night.

____

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#32 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:00 PM

Heh, good night...and only get to them when you have time. Got only one more class to come up with (Monk and I got a few ideas there)

Yeah, yeah, I know someone will point out "But you still have Sorcerer and Barbarian..."

My reply? Sorcerer is too much like mage, and I have no clue for the barbarian ;-)

#33 Uriel

Uriel
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:45 AM

Well, what about a banter to the PC when he's badly injured/near death? I believe every NPC has at least one such banter, either between the PC or NPC-NPC.

If these banters are already planned/created, well smite me with a warhammer for my ignorance :)

Uriel

#34 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:08 AM

Hmm...I don't recall coming across of such a thing for Tashia (and the main character) but I can see where that would be appropriate.

That's why I left it open to see if people had some other banters to include ;-)

#35 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:29 PM

This one is for Tashia and a monk. Set in the wilderness, before or after resting...

It has been some time since you could go through an entire workout without disturbance. Between the search for Imoen and Irenicus, the various conflicts that seem to erupt in your passage, the multitude of people on your tail, and the general hustle and bustle within the city, it seems like it has been weeks, if not months, since you last had a proper physical workout.

Moving through the various stances and poses, some of your muscles protest under the strain you put them under, but thankfully you are able to finish the entirety of your exercises.

As you finish up, you notice Tashia standing stock still, her green eyes avidly following your every move. When you finish, she walks over and slides her arm into yours, stands close to you, and kisses you deeply.

When Tashia pulls back, she gently says, "No wonder you are so flexible. You seem so at peace with yourself... almost makes me wonder why you stay with me..."

Tashia chuckles, and says, "After all, I thought all monks were ascetics, living lives of deprivation off in some desert..."

Option 1:
Pull Tashia towards you, and caress her lips with yours, and then say, "That is the typical impression of what we are, sad to say. But there are many schools, many forms..."

Smile, as you walk behind her, and say, "One of the primary tenets of my school is balance. One mind, one body, two become one..."

Gently moving her arm in gentle circles to release some of the tension, while your other hand presses gently into her diaphragm, you feel her body heat rise with your very touch, the rise and fall of her chest, her backside pushing up close to you...

Whisper "Breath is life. We should pay as much attention to it as any other aspect of being..."

Option 2:
Smile gently at Tashia, holding her hand tightly in yours, and say, "There are many schools, love. Not all of us are ascetics, eschewing the simplest of human contact. Enlightenment is the destination, but the journey is a whole lifetime..."

Stand solemnly beside her, feeling the wind swirl around you, her hair flying loose like a whirlwind, and whisper, "In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon. In summer a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things do not hang in your mind, any season is a good season for you..."

Option 3:
Shrug your shoulders, and say, "That is just the physical portion of my training. No different than a warrior who goes through his paces, or even a mage when he studies his spellbook..."

Chuckle, and add, "Your riddles are just as good as many of the koans I was forced to ponder. So, would you like to help me train by giving me a riddle?"

Option 4:
Look at Tashia, irritation crossing your face, and say, "You don't know what is entailed in my training, do you?"

Lean in closer, and say, "I guess the masters were right, that I have to rid myself of all distractions..."

Harden your face, finishing the conversation with, "I think... no, I know... it is best that we separate..."

If Option 1, then go to A. If Option 2, then go to B. If Option 3, then go to C. If Option 4, then go to D.

A:
Tashia's eyes open, and she whispers, "I felt that... I mean..."

Tashia disengages, and she says, "I don't know how to explain how I feel. Have you ever been in a steam house, until your very body was tingling with warmth, and then you rush out into the fresh snow, allowing the chill to shock your system. It takes your breath away, and at the same time you feel... alive..."

Option 5:
Smile, reaching forward to Tashia, allowing her to feel the pulse of your heart once more, the very scarlet coil of your life, as it matches Tashia's and say, "The feeling is different for everyone, but when they hit the crescendo, it is always an exultation of life..."

With your free hand, lightly trace your fingers along the inside of Tashia's palm and offer, "Would you care to learn more?"

Option 6:
Smile at Tashia's progress, but you decide, much as a child must take small steps before taking larger ones, Tashia has done well with her first step, but she has had enough for now.

Lean into her and whisper, "You've done well, but these matters take time. Let's go back to the others..."

Lick her pointy ear, and say, "Man... or elf... does need to eat after all..."

If Option 5, then go to E. If Option 6, then go to F.

B:
Tashia looks quizzically at you, and she murmurs, "Is this some kind of riddle? Heh, I guess I'm getting a taste of my own medicine..."

She closes her eyes, her entire being becoming still, her breathing slows, and the tension and worry leaves her body, when she opens her eyes again, a smile tugging her face.

"I think I see what you mean. By holding onto the past, to my regrets, my failures, whatever you want to call it, then I can hardly find contentment in my current state?" she asks.

Then she giggles, and says, "I'm sorry, that just didn't sound like me there..."

Option 7:
Smile at Tashia, and laugh as well, "No, that didn't sound like you, but then, can any of us honestly say that we know ourselves?"

Emit a soothing sound to Tashia, stroking her hand, and ask, "Here, let me show you the first step to reaching that state again..."

Option 8:
Smile at Tashia, laugh, and say, "Well, there are depths that we seldom plumb. Why should you be any different?"

Stroke her hand, and ask, "Since I strive for balance, and gave you something to consider, would you care to reciprocate in kind?"

Option 9:
Smile at Tashia, holding her close to you, and say, "Well, I think that we're done for today. Shall we get back with the others?"

If Option 7, then go to Option 1. (Remember, Option 1 then loops to A.) If Option 8, then go to C. If Option 9, then go to F.

C:
Tashia laughs, and she says, "That was gently said, but amusing. Very well, give me a moment to think..."

Tashia's eyes close, and she says, "A lovely woman, a lady, safeguarded me to the utmost; at times she plied me with her fingers, and other times gave me to her lord and loyal master. Then he poked his head inside me, pushed it up until it fitted tightly. I, adorned, was bound to be filled with something rough if the loyal lord could keep it up. Guess what I mean..."

Option 10:
Hold Tashia close to you, stroking along the length of her inner thigh, and admit, "I can only think of one answer for it..."

Grin, nibbling her ear, "But I doubt that it would be that simple..."

Option 11:
Hold Tashia close, and answer, "Is it a helmet? Or a kirtle?"

Option 12:
Hold Tashia close, and admit, "I really have no idea what it is. What is the answer you have?"

If Option 10, then go to G. If Option 11, then go to H. If Option 12, then go to I.

D:
Tashia's eyes open wide at this abrupt dismissal, but anger contorts her face, and she says, "That's all I am? Some kind of distraction from your training?"

Her eyes slowly glow with an unnatural glint, and she whispers, "Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed life. Just another way of distracting yourself from what you are..."

Tashia then turns on her heels, and moves to rejoin the others. (End romance)

E:
Smile, and say, "This is the simplest of the breathing exercises, Tashia."

Whisper, "Close your eyes, empty your mind of all thoughts. Take a deep breath, then exhale all stale air from the lungs, contracting abdominal muscles to squeeze out the last remnants. Inhale through the nose making a snoring sound."

Smile, and add, "And pay no attention to the snoring... vanity is but a roadblock along the path..."

As she breathes, continue by saying, "Hold your breath for seven seconds, then exhale through the nose, making an air sound from your palate. Focus on the sound during inhalation and exhalation... on the vital life force being stored and saved during breath retention..."

As Tashia continues to breath, all the worries leave her face again, and then press your lips to hers as she inhales. Hold firm next to her, and her entire being floods into you, reminding you of fresh earth, of the scent of the forest, of the cool cleansing of winter, as her life force mixes with yours. In that moment, your souls become bound as one for that moment in eternity... (End dialogue)

F:
Tashia laughs, and she says, "Oh, okay, let's get going..."

She twines her hand in yours, and says, "However, you better be careful of what you say... some of the tales they tell of monks is the conservation of action. Yet, that just almost reminds me of my brother. He hated to clean. He asked 'Why bother to clean when it's just going to get dirty?'"

She laughed, and said, "He ended up cleaning after himself when he woke up with chigger bites up and down his body..." (End dialogue)

G:
Tashia laughs, and touches the tip of your nose with her finger, and she says, "Naughty, naughty..."

She shakes her head, as her hands grasp delicately towards you, and says, "I think it is safe to say that your mind listens to your body, that is for sure..."

Smirking, she says, "The answer is..." and lose the solution as her soft, pliant mouth presses onto yours... (End dialogue)

H:
Tashia's smile tells you that you are correct, and the languorous kisses she bestows tells you she is very pleased.

"Heh, I guess that you will be teaching me a thing or two about riddlecraft before too much longer," she says. (End dialogue)

I: Tashia smiles, and she says, "The answer was helmet, although I've heard kirtle as an alternate answer..."

She smiles, kissing the tip of your nose, and says, "Guess you have some more practice to go through as well..." (End dialogue)

Edited by Bri, 22 September 2003 - 07:49 AM.

#36 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:56 AM

I believe Monks are available for the de'Arnise keep as a stronghold, though I'm not 100% sure. Nonetheless, the dialogue as written would be much better in outdoors, perhaps just before or after resting.

Just when I thought I was almost done with editing this thread... :D

____

#37 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:23 AM

Okay, if they are allowed access to the keep, then cool (Its obvious I don't play as a monk much). Outside is best, and before or after resting as well.

*ducks*

I do think I'm done with classes...*hears the Sorcerer and Barbarian clamoring for equal attention*

#38 totte

totte
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 07:53 AM

Monks do have de'Arnise Keep as their stronghold.

#39 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:22 AM

Okay thanks :)

Does anyone know then if the Barbarian and the Sorcerer have access to keeps as well? (I would imagine if they did, Barbarian would go for the keep, and Sorcerer for the Planar Sphere)

#40 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 08:47 AM

Every class has access to a stronghold, so I believe your assumptions are correct.

edit: clarification

____