26 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=658

Edited by erebusant, 01 January 2009 - 12:30 PM.

It takes a village...

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

Thanks erebusant!

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Thanks erebusant and Graoumf :cheers:

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#4 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=658

Updated to V5

It takes a village...

#5 Hurai

Hurai
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:13 AM

Is the mod compatible with BGT ?

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Is the mod compatible with BGT ?

Yes. It is one of the main changes from the older versions.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

Why doesn't the OP explain what this mod is about?

#8 Hurai

Hurai
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

Same question here :)

#9 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

Maybe to let players discover the mod without spoilers... well, there're some explanations on the old page.

#10 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

Hello,

Please move this to the appropriate forum, if this isn't it ;) Today I installed and tested this mod for the first time, as part of a multi-mod install that will hopefully become a megamod install. I'm pleased to report that the mod appears to function as it should, so far. My party went through the portal, dealt with the areas on the other side, then returned to Irenicus' dungeon.

Two things that should perhaps be addressed about this mod:

1. The voice recordings should be remixed to eliminate plosives and background buzzing. This can be done with the existing files; no need to re-record anything.

2. The villain referred to my PC as "brother" during one of his dialogues, but in this test, my PC is female. That's also an easy fix.

Aside from these minor points, everything works as it should. Here's what my weidu.log looks like as of now:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,    Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers    and Stalkers: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in   Wrath Hell Trial: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: v9.01
~1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1 // Masterwork Weapons: v2 (Hotfix 20091009)
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.10 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #1 // Tales of Anegh (Weidu): v2.0
~SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #10 // Creature Balancing: v2.0
~SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #30 // Dialog & Script Balancing: v2.0
~SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #40 // Stores Balancing: v2.0
~SETUP-TOA.TP2~ #1 #50 // Item Balancing: v2.0
~GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Expanded Thief Stronghold: v2.20
~SETUP-TTSQ.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Tortured Soul Quest - WeiDU
~TB#QUEST.TP2~ #0 #2 // A large battle: 2.10
~TB#QUEST.TP2~ #0 #3 // Underdark Mage Duel: 2.10
~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spellhold Gauntlet
~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Irenicus Waiting in Spellhold
~SETUP-SPGAUNT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Interjections for Spellhold Gauntlet (dialogue by Liam)
~SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal)
~SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian
~SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain
~SETUP-DC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Crawl, v5
~1SYLM-SETUP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sylmar - Elves vs Orcs
~SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Colours of Infinity: Tales of the Deep Gardens
~SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPC Reactions (Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira, Anomen, Haer'Dalis, Keldorn)
~SETUP-TOTDG.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Deep Gardens to the Worldmap - suggested component. If this component can't be installed due to incompatibilities, skip it.
~SETUP-AZENMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Azengaard Tactical Encounter (erebusant's revamp): v5
~SETUP-AZENMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enhanced Trademeet Crypt: v5
~SETUP-AZENMOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enhanced Chateau Irenicus: v5
~SETUP-COM_ENCOUNTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chosen of Mystra's Encounters (Requires Throne of Bhaal)
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Copper Coronet: v2.2.4
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Ghost Shadow Dragon: v2.2.4
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Grothgar the Red Dragon: v2.2.4
~SETUP-DSOA.TP2~ #0 #8 // Curse of the Underground Shade Lord: v2.2.4

I still have yet to see if the rest of the content will function as it should, but I'm optimistic :)

Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 10 July 2010 - 01:11 PM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

The voice recordings should be remixed to eliminate plosives and background buzzing. This can be done with the existing files; no need to re-record anything.

Feel free to do that and upload the fixed files :). Real life overtook the original modder long ago.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#12 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

The voice recordings should be remixed to eliminate plosives and background buzzing. This can be done with the existing files; no need to re-record anything.

Feel free to do that and upload the fixed files :). Real life overtook the original modder long ago.

I'll see if I can clean up the audio, then.

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

Feel free to do that and upload the fixed files Posted Image. Real life overtook the original modder long ago.

Thanks,
Eric

Once you finish, send me a copy of the updated files and I'll stick them into a V6 package and release.

It takes a village...

#14 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Feel free to do that and upload the fixed files Posted Image. Real life overtook the original modder long ago.

Thanks,
Eric

Once you finish, send me a copy of the updated files and I'll stick them into a V6 package and release.

Amadeus Pro includes more editing features than Audacity, so I've begun practice-editing the sound files in that program while following the procedures berelinde walked through in the guide Miloch referred me to, further modified by my training as an audio engineer. It will take quite some time to get through this, though, as I'm currently involved in several other mod-related projects. That, and my boss expects me to show up for work each weekday, for some odd reason ;)

Thanks,
Eric

#15 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

Main component won't install on my Mac:

[ACTION] PARSE ERROR at line 179 column 1-53
Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
        [SetGlobal] not found in ACTION.IDS
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("AzenChallenge","GLOBAL",1)
                     SetGlobal("EnterPast","GLOBAL",2)
                 ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)~: Parsing.Parse_error

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
        [SetGlobal] not found in ACTION.IDS
WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("AzenChallenge","GLOBAL",2)
                     SetGlobal("EnterFuture","GLOBAL",2)
                 AddXPObject(Player1,7500)
                 AddXPObject(Player2,7500)
                 AddXPObject(Player3,7500)
                 AddXPObject(Player4,7500)
                 AddXPObject(Player5,7500)
                 AddXPObject(Player6,7500)
                 ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)
                 CreateCreature("JC_ASSN",[390.455],0)
                 AddJournalEntry(99999,QUEST)~: Parsing.Parse_error

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
        [EraseJournalEntry] not found in ACTION.IDS
WARNING: cannot verify action ~EraseJournalEntry(99999)
                     CreateCreature("JC_ASSN",[2105.1465],0)            
                     CreateCreature("JC_ASSN",[2065.1505],0)
                     CreateCreature("JC_ASSN",[2305.1390],0)            
                 CreateCreature("JC_ASSN",[2360.1380],0)
                     CreateCreature("JC_MAGE",[2185.1330],0)
                     ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)
                     Enemy()~: Parsing.Parse_error

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
        [Enemy] not found in ACTION.IDS
WARNING: cannot verify action ~ActionOverride("JC_ANGE",Enemy())
ActionOverride("JC_SEMA",Enemy())
ActionOverride("JC_TAZO",Enemy())
Enemy()
~: Parsing.Parse_error

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
Enemy()

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
Enemy()

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
Enemy()

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
Enemy()

Near Text: 
        syntax error

Near Text: 
Enemy()

The enhanced components after this one install successfully. Is there a solution to this? I can't install any more mods until I can fix this.

Thanks,
Eric

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Sure you're installing this on BG2? Because you've got some serious issues if you're getting [SetGlobal] not found in ACTION.IDS etc. Those are standard vanilla actions that should be present on even an unmodded game.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#17 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Sure you're installing this on BG2? Because you've got some serious issues if you're getting [SetGlobal] not found in ACTION.IDS etc. Those are standard vanilla actions that should be present on even an unmodded game.

BGII is the only IE game for which I install mods. In hopes of reproducing the error and identifying which mod did the damage, I started over, checking Action.ids after every mod installed for "SetSequence". I got all the way up to where I'm supposed to install AzenMod (following the BWP install order, as always), and it is still there.

After I saw the error when installing this mod, I looked in the override folder, and found that Action.ids had been renamed ACSLEEP.IDS was no longer present. Some other mod must have made that change, but why would this be done? Doesn't the game require Action.ids to exist, with that filename?

Attempting to install AzenMod gives the exact same errors every time even though Action.ids includes this:

30 SetGlobal(S:Name*,S:Area*,I:Value*)

I don't know why weidu-mac doesn't see that, and the text mentioned in the error message looks correctly written to my eyes.

I'm completely at a loss, and dead in the water, and mystified, as I've installed and used this mod successfully before.

Please advise,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 08 April 2011 - 08:49 AM.

#18 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Some other mod must have made that change, but why would this be done? Doesn't the game require Action.ids to exist, with that filename?

You can't rename a file with WeiDU or delete it or what have you (you could possibly DISABLE_FROM_KEY it or overwrite it with a blank file but I'm quite sure this mod doesn't do that). Most game files are not in the override by default, but in game .bif files. So don't look in the override - look for action.ids with NI or whatever. I'm almost certain this is an install path issue, and that weidu-mac is attempting to compile scripts without recognising where the game is installed. There's no way otherwise something like SetGlobal isn't going to be recognised.

#19 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

Some other mod must have made that change, but why would this be done? Doesn't the game require Action.ids to exist, with that filename?

You can't rename a file with WeiDU or delete it or what have you (you could possibly DISABLE_FROM_KEY it or overwrite it with a blank file but I'm quite sure this mod doesn't do that). Most game files are not in the override by default, but in game .bif files. So don't look in the override - look for action.ids with NI or whatever. I'm almost certain this is an install path issue, and that weidu-mac is attempting to compile scripts without recognising where the game is installed. There's no way otherwise something like SetGlobal isn't going to be recognised.

It's possible that ACTSLEEP.IDS is a vanilla file. I just never noticed it before. Still, that would be odd, considering the content is that of Action.ids. Well, I've had to start over from a clean install, so I'll proceed slowly and carefully (moreso than last time) with mod installs, and see if Action.ids gets messed up or lost again.

Thanks,
Eric

#20 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

It's possible that ACTSLEEP.IDS is a vanilla file.

It's definately a vanilla file.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board