Photo

Konalan's Tweaks

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:00 PM

Update: Restored Paladin Abilities completed.

This component adds missing PnP abilities to all the Bioware paladin kits (not mod kits as of yet). These include disease immunity, cure disease 1/day per three levels, and smite evil 1/day. The smite evil ability is based off of Icewind Dale's version.

Thanks for the new component. You tell here cure disease gain per three levels, but in the readme stands the following:
They gain an additional casting every five levels (5, 10, 15, etc.)
What is right?

Additional I've seen that you added the new Paladin abbility before the item components. Userfriendlier is, if you additional give your components component numbers.

As example you can give your class components the first numbers, the item numbers starts with 1000 and additional ones in the next 1000 range.

Like in this way (only an example):

0 // Wizard Slayer Enhancements
1 // Immunity HLA -> Abjuration
2 // Immunity HLA -> Conjuration
3 // Immunity HLA -> Divination
4 // Immunity HLA -> Enchantment
5 // Immunity HLA -> Illusion
6 // Immunity HLA -> Evocation
7 // Immunity HLA -> Necromancy
8 // Immunity HLA -> Alteration
100 // Restored Paladin Abilities
1000 // Rod of Refuge
1010 // Butter Knife of Balduran
1020 // Hackmaster +12
5000 // Monty Python Portraits

If you want to include your new Undead Hunter HLAs component, then you can give it the following number:

50 // Undead Hunter HLAs

(I've seen in the readme, that you will make this component available before the Paladin component, that's why I give it a lesser number as for the Paladin component).

Normally you don't need to give components a component number, and you don't need to do it. It is only a suggestion, because we and others use batch-files for easier handling by installations. Without component numbers each time if you put a component between the others, the component numbers afterwards changed and therefore must be changed the batch-file. Like I said, it is a userfriendly suggestion only. :)

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 02 April 2009 - 08:23 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#22 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the new component. You tell here cure disease gain per three levels, but in the readme stands the following:
What is right?

It's every three levels (3, 6, 9, etc.). It's a typo that I will fix in the next release.

Assigning component numbers is an intriguing idea. Since my mod is now part of the BiG World Project, I will definitely consider it. One thing I strive for is ease of use.

The Undead Hunter HLAs component may take some time to get working properly as I am having problems with Undead Ward's animation. Also, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, the Rod of Refuge has somehow become unusable (as in it won't transfer you to the assigned area). I am currently working on solving this problem, which, when done, will also include a version of the rod for use in Tutu and BGT. Vanilla BG1 is unlikely due to the different opcodes between the two games. Look for another release sometime in the next week.

Edited by Konalan, 06 April 2009 - 08:23 AM.

A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#23 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

What is right?

It's every three levels (3, 6, 9, etc.). It's a typo that I will fix in the next release.

Assigning component numbers is an intriguing idea. Since my mod is now part of the BiG World Project, I will definitely consider it. One thing I strive for is ease of use.

Thank you very much.
:cheers:

The Undead Hunter HLAs component may take some time to get working properly as I am having problems with Undead Ward's animation. Also, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, the Rod of Refuge has somehow become unusable (as in it won't transfer you to the assigned area). I am currently working on solving this problem, which, when done, will also include a version of the rod for use in Tutu and BGT. Vanilla BG1 is unlikely due to the different opcodes between the two games. Look for another release sometime in the next week.

And thanks for the informations. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#24 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

Version 1.5 has been released.

The rod is now available for Tutu. It can be found in the Ulcaster Ruins (subject to change). It is not yet available for BGT but should be soon. Due to some problems I've encountered, this has been flagged as BETA for the time being. For some reason the script that moves the party to and from the pocket dimension is not working. Also, the item is not being copied to the appropriate creatures. Seeing as how I haven't changed anything since I got it to work, I believe (and hope) it is due to a corrupt install of BG2 and Tutu on my end. PLEASE inform me via PM on the Bioware or Spellhold Studios websites as to whether this component works or not.

Konalan's Tweaks

#25 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Also, the item is not being copied to the appropriate creatures.

It's likely because of this:

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~K0rod01.itm~ #0 #0 #0 ~UNSTEALABLE~ ~INV16~

You don't need to mention the file extension (.itm) when adding it to a creature.

#26 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:46 AM

Arg! Force of habit strikes again. Still it doesn't explain why the script isn't working now. I know it was working before and I haven't made any changes to it since. Once I get BG reinstalled I'll test it out.
Konalan's Tweaks

#27 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:11 AM

Update: Fixed Rod of Refuge and made it available for Tutu and BGT. It works now! :new_thumbs:
Konalan's Tweaks

#28 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Excellent!

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#29 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:09 AM

Please note that the "Restored Paladin Abilities" component may cause problems if "Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins" from aTweaks is installed. Please do not install both components as they do essentially the same thing (with a few differences).
Konalan's Tweaks

#30 -Tallgeese-

-Tallgeese-

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

I feel I should mention...

There is no innate version of Cure Disease. You forgot to put one in.

As a result, Paladins don't get the spell, as SPIN317 doesn't exist. SPPR317 does, but I am pretty sure that would just add the spell to their book so it's pretty useless.

May I recommend you copy Cure Disease over to K0pa317 and give it a casting time of 0 to mimic natural class innates?

Further, may i also recommend the follwoing:

In your paladin disease innate, how about instead of removing the Disease icon, you apply "Immunity to Special Effects Icon" or equivalent? Seems more elegant.

I also believe your immunity should remove icon 7, not 126. The spell Cure Disease removes 7, and in addition the Monk's disease immunity provides immunity to that very icon. In addition it also suppresses the strings "Diseased" and "Stricken by a foul disease". Refer to SPCL814 for Monk's disease immunity (also immunizes vs. haste and slow but you can just remove those).

#31 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

I feel I should mention...

There is no innate version of Cure Disease. You forgot to put one in.

As a result, Paladins don't get the spell, as SPIN317 doesn't exist. SPPR317 does, but I am pretty sure that would just add the spell to their book so it's pretty useless.

May I recommend you copy Cure Disease over to K0pa317 and give it a casting time of 0 to mimic natural class innates?

That's strange. When I tested the mod it did exist and worked fine. It might have been due to the fact I had BGT installed at the time. Fixing.

Further, may i also recommend the follwoing:

In your paladin disease innate, how about instead of removing the Disease icon, you apply "Immunity to Special Effects Icon" or equivalent? Seems more elegant.

I also believe your immunity should remove icon 7, not 126. The spell Cure Disease removes 7, and in addition the Monk's disease immunity provides immunity to that very icon. In addition it also suppresses the strings "Diseased" and "Stricken by a foul disease". Refer to SPCL814 for Monk's disease immunity (also immunizes vs. haste and slow but you can just remove those).

DLTCEP isn't clear on which of these icons is disease. Both say nauseated for some reason. I'll fix that.
Konalan's Tweaks

#32 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:08 AM

Version 2.0 has been released!

What's new in version 2 (I like rhyming :) ):
- Added Scipio's Barrel component. Click here for information on how this came about.
- Fixed missing cure disease ability and disease immunity in Restored Paladin Abilities
- Reorganized component groups, joke components now part of Gag Tweaks group
- Added checks to Restored Paladin Abilities and WS Enhancements to check for similar components (will prevent installation)
- Traified .tp2 file
- Components given designated numbers for better compatibility with the BiG World Project

Edited by Konalan, 29 April 2009 - 08:10 AM.

Konalan's Tweaks

#33 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:43 AM

Version 2.1 has been released:
-Fighters Limited to Mastery in Ranged Weapons: a'la IWD
-Remove Dual Class Stat Restrictions
-PnP Cure/Cause Spells: Cure/Cause XXX Wounds now heal/harm random damage.
-Stormunition: Souped-up versions of elemental ammunition.
-More Monty Python and the Holy Grail portraits

Note: The Undead Hunter HLAs component has been scrapped due to faulty animations.

This will be the last release for a while. Next week, I'll be off to Air Force basic training so I won't be around for at least 9 weeks. I'll hopefully be back by the first week of August.

Edited by Konalan, 19 May 2009 - 07:45 AM.

Konalan's Tweaks

#34 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

Good luck with that, and thanks for the update!

Icen

#35 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

- Components given designated numbers for better compatibility with the BiG World Project

Thanks for your update, but something is wrong with your designated numbers, because the component numbers are listed one after another:

~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wizard Slayer Enhancements
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Immunity HLA -> Abjuration
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Immunity HLA -> Conjuration
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Immunity HLA -> Divination
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Immunity HLA -> Enchantment
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Immunity HLA -> Illusion
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Immunity HLA -> Evocation
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Immunity HLA -> Necromancy
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Immunity HLA -> Alteration
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Restored Paladin Abilities
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Alignment Tweaks
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Rod of Refuge
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Stormunition
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Butter Knife of Balduran
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Hackmaster +12
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Scipio's Barrel
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Monty Python Portraits
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Fighters Limited To Mastery In Ranged Weapons
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Remove Dual Class Stat Restrictions
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #19 // PnP Cure/Cause Spells -> Cure Spells Only
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #20 // PnP Cure/Cause Spells -> Cause Spells Only
~KONTWK/SETUP-KONTWK.TP2~ #0 #21 // PnP Cure/Cause Spells -> Cure And Cause Spells

So we must again change the Install.bat for the older components. I would let you know this only and it is not important at the moment. We change that in the Install.bat. Have you a nice time at the Air Force basic training. :)

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#36 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Leomar, I'll look into it when I get back.
Konalan's Tweaks

#37 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

It's been over two months, but I'm back. I may not be on as often as I was before I left but I'll try to get on once a week or so. I'm going to start cleaning up Konalan's tweaks (fixing some issues people have emailed me about and designating the components for BWP). Look for an update in about a week.
Konalan's Tweaks

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:31 AM

Heya :D

The mini pocket-plane idea was sorta being discussed here. To conclude, it seems that separate areas that help you store items (permanently) are very welcome since filling bags of holding with stuff can cause stuttering (according to the BWP guide)

The pocket-room (:P) added by the Rod of Refuge seems to fit the bill perfectly. Presently, it contains a chest and a dresser to work as containers. And there's another chest and the table which are (as yet) unused as containers :P I was wondering whether it would be possible to convert the unused chest and the table into containers (or mayhaps add more containers :cheers:)

Btw, the Stone of Recall (from Salk's Cursed Items) performs essentially the same function as the Rod of Refuge. But it doesn't have any containers and compensates by being available right from the start of BGI :D

(PS: Would it be possible to remove the "1" that shows up when it's the quick-slot?? I dont think it's possible to possess 2 Refuge Rods without a CLUA :P It isn't a problem but hey ... :lol:)

Thanks,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#39 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:34 AM

No, because that is the amount of charges the item possesses. If you can find me an item which goes in a quick slot (with remaining charges) that doesn't have that, I'll be pretty surprised. Especially if it has 1 charge but will destroy itself on use. (EG, potions)

Icen

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

Ah, so that's why :D It uses 2 rods and each one spawns when the other gets depleted :P

Like I said, not a problem. Thanks :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod