Tranfering Items From BG1 -> BG2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

Nearly finishing BG1 it seems now (off to the palace in BG) but I wish to use the teleport "cheat" to go to a map and transfer all my items before the game automatically switches to BG2.

I understand that starting BG2 I will be on my own in a dungeon type level, could anyone recommend a good map (with the AR codes) that has a container that is accessible after I leave my prison? (It would be more for the items I would keep for my prospective companions.

Thanks.

#2 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hi,

Nearly finishing BG1 it seems now (off to the palace in BG) but I wish to use the teleport "cheat" to go to a map and transfer all my items before the game automatically switches to BG2.

I understand that starting BG2 I will be on my own in a dungeon type level, could anyone recommend a good map (with the AR codes) that has a container that is accessible after I leave my prison? (It would be more for the items I would keep for my prospective companions.

Thanks.

I would recommend you not to as they are removed for a reason and early BG2 is balanced for that. Importing lots of items from BG1 will make it boringly easy...

Nevertheless I doubt you are going to listen to me, so you can check out ar0703. It's the Ilmater Chapel on the Waukeen promenade as far as I can tell... (0700 is the promenade itself, but you might trigger some scripts prematurely if you go there)

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 06 October 2009 - 01:40 PM.

#3 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

I would recommend you not to as they are removed for a reason and early BG2 is balanced for that. Importing lots of items from BG1 will make it boringly easy...

Nevertheless I doubt you are going to listen to me, so you can check out ar0703. It's the Ilmater Chapel on the Waukeen promenade as far as I can tell... (0700 is the promenade itself, but you might trigger some scripts prematurely if you go there)

Thanks, tried this but there is an NPC that wants to join me as soon as I port into here.

Wouldn't want to "interfere" with any of the BG2 stuff...any other recommendations?

#4 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thanks, tried this but there is an NPC that wants to join me as soon as I port into here.

Wouldn't want to "interfere" with any of the BG2 stuff...any other recommendations?

You can try any map between 702 and 708. They should all be apartments in the Promenade.

#5 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

You can try any map between 702 and 708. They should all be apartments in the Promenade.

Thanks, going to use 708, will give me a few containers.

Edited by Arjento, 07 October 2009 - 02:38 PM.

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

Lol :D This looks like an idea for a mod :P Something that introduces "warehouses" to store your items

(I dunno its use along with the bottomless bags of holding etc :P but since not many use the bags cause of the stutter they can cause ... yeah, good idea :cheers:)

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 The Baboon

The Baboon
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Well, that should be easy, right? Two CREs, one store? Should work, but then again, I'm more or less completely new to this.

Anyway, with the Unique Containers mod, you could just put all the stuff into one Bag of Holding you find somewhere in BG1, remember which one it is, and use Shadowkeeper to put it into your inventory.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, that Bag o Holding thing is good too :P (actually, while I was actually being funny in the previous post, it seems like a good idea now)

The BWP mentions that putting too many items in a Bag of holding can cause stuttering problems, so keeping a separate area as your own personal storehouse (just a small area with a lotta containers) could be a good idea afterall :cheers:

I could only think of two things that could implement that right now though :P

Konalan's Tweaks adds a Rod of Refuge that can teleport you to an area with a chest and a dresser ... but there's also another chest and a table that could be used as containers. You can get it from Icharyd the Skelton Warrior in the Ulcaster Ruins in BGI and some guy called the Crypt king from the Graveyard District in BGII :P Or if you have the component installed, you could CLUAConsole:CreateItem("K0ROD01") to get it :D

Then there's Cursed Item Revisions, that adds the Stone of Recall that transports you to a cave-like area, but I don't see anything you could use as container in there :P (unless you can make containers outta cracks in walls :lol:) You get the Stone from Gorion in BGI ;)

Well, those items beat CLUAing in and out of areas just to store items anytime :coolthumb:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 07 October 2009 - 11:47 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:48 PM

If you use the cloth sack from the NeJ2 mini mod and fill it full with whatever you want, it will be in Chateau Irenicus in one of the chests. The sack is purchased from Aldeth Sashenstar's store when you are in BG1. There are two other bags form the same store that get imported as well.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:33 AM

Btw, does anyone know about any other items that add a a mini-pocket plane that you can teleprt in and out of?? :P

Thanks,
Lol

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Well, only if you drink too much at your destination after using the Boots of the Bar/Boots of the Pub in Aurora's Shoes, you might think you're in some weird different plane, I dunno. But neither is really intended to let you cheat in this manner though (kind of ruins the spirit of BG2 to start with a bunch of extra loot - not like you don't pick it up right away in the Dungeon).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle