BiG World Project (BWP) v5.6

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#21 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

I take it that Quest mods like let`s say the tortured souls quest are in the tactical mods?

#22 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

Another small remark, I'm pretty sure that this component:

~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Visual Ioun Stones

shouldn't be installed together with this component:

~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: v2

AFAIK, the main component of Item Revisions already contains a more advanced version of the visual Ioun Stones, so installing the one from D0Tweaks on top of it might actually cause some issues. Again, better double check with the mod authors on this.

#23 -Guest - Dark-

-Guest - Dark-

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Hello again... Finally I was able to install BWP with BG2fixpack v.6
In my previous post #5 I told you that BG2fixpack v.6 wasn't installed when I ran for the first time the install.bat, then I used the safe backup and I didn't touch the unpacked mods, there were already in the SoA folder. Then I ran again the install.bat , ONLY the BGTrilogy core was installed with warnings. I think the installation is ok.
I have two things to ask you:
The first is my main character begins in lvl 6, the oters Jaheira Minsc and Imoen at lvl 8, is it ok?
The second, the npc silver star, I began to love her :P, does not have any sounds not even I click on her.

Thanks a lot all of you that you bring into effect the dream of many loyal BG players...

Have a happy new year

#24 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:05 AM

The first is my main character begins in lvl 6, the oters Jaheira Minsc and Imoen at lvl 8, is it ok?

It depends, are you at the start of BGII:SoA(here), or in Candlekeep? If you start at Candle keep, you need to have 0experience point, meaning you start from level 1. If you start from the BGII, you should have about 9000 experience points if you installed the BWP experience mod, or in case you didn't, you should start either with 89000 or 161000 xp... meaning that you are at level 5 to 10 depending on your exact class, after all the fighter/thief/mage only gets 1/3 of them to each class, while the thief levels up real fast compared to others. So the question actually is, how much experiance point did you have, not on what level you are. :doh:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#25 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:11 AM

@ dreamer2007

This sounds after the "Level 1 NPCs" component 1 [Tweak weapon proficiencies for some classes].
Have you installed "Level 1 NPCs"?
- Yes

O.K. the best would be if we put this "Level 1 NPCs" component in the expert-version next time. :)

@ abbatik

In BiG_World_Fixpack_v6.0.6 in folder BoneHill there is folder Worldmap. I so understand, it should be moved in "_copy"?

Uuups. You're right. We'll correct it and I'll post it in the first post. Thanks.

@ dragonian

I take it that Quest mods like let`s say the tortured souls quest are in the tactical mods?

No, only the mods in the section "BG2 Tactical Encounters". TTSQ is a quest mod and overwrites some important files, therefore it is in expert-version.

@ aVENGER

AFAIK, the main component of Item Revisions already contains a more advanced version of the visual Ioun Stones, so installing the one from D0Tweaks on top of it might actually cause some issues.

Thanks again for your advice. We'll do the same like we want to do with the other D's Tweaks component. :)

@ Guest - Dark

ONLY the BGTrilogy core was installed with warnings. I think the installation is ok.

The same happened with me. This is reported in the BGT Forum and you can ignore these warnings.

The second, the npc silver star, I began to love her, does not have any sounds not even I click on her.

The mod has no soundsets for the NPC. So it is normal.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 29 December 2008 - 06:16 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#26 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:54 AM

O.K. the best would be if we put this "Level 1 NPCs" component in the expert-version next time

Yes maybe that would would be more balancing. I made a half orc cleric/thief with 19 strength and it's kinda strange that I dual wield a katana and a flail and I wear with little penalty splint mail, having the thief abilities still active. Although it's fun that I can cut and smash everybody to pieces around me in battle, in the meantime unlocking doors and chests, and when it's all over healing myself with no problem, the change is kinda extreme from the previous version :lol:

Edit: In the meantime while playing I encountered the first serious bug, a infamous CTD, I will post a new topic to describe it

Edited by dreamer2007, 29 December 2008 - 07:33 AM.

#27 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:24 AM

Ok so i`m going to ask about ones that i`m not sure about. Which of them are likeley to cause CTDs when installed acording to expert install instructions.
02.01. The Tortured Soul Quest (TTSQ) v3

02.02 Dark Ritual v1.02

02.03. Oversight v12

03.01. Never Ending Journey 2 (NeJ2) v4.2b (and all other Nej content)

04.06. Ascension v1.4.23 (isn`t it included in BP?)

06.04. Drizzt Saga v1.0

07.00. The Vault (BGT) v6.4

07.04. Stone of Askavar (Beta) v1.3

10.02. Adventures in Papperland (AIP WeiDU) v3

10.03. Ghost (WeiDU) v1

11.10. Fonick (CliffHistory) v1

11.14. Sylmar Battlefield v1.025

17.01. Shed's Mods - A Forgotten Wars Mod v1

17.08. The Slithering Menace (Snakes) v3.3

17.09. Facing the Shade Lord again (submission-igi) v1

17.10. Facing the Shade Lord again (submission-k?aeloree) v1

19.03. Victor's Improvements Pack (BGII Improvements Mod) v1.9

19.05. Lost Crossroads Spell Pack for BG2 (Beta) v5

19.06. Spell-50 v10

19.07. Wild Mage Additions v1.6

20.04. Turnabout v1

21.03. Sheena, a Half Dragon Tale - NPC (HRD) v1.6

22.10. Ashes of Embers v27

#28 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

Hi

Prompt that it for file AR0904.BCS in folder BiG World Fixpack\override?
What it for a file and during what moment of installation should be copied it?
In BiG_World_v5.6_beta __ english.pdf and BiG World Install v5.6.bat about it to be spoken nothing.

P.S. I do manual installation.

:cheers:

#29 --maximus2001--

--maximus2001--

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Hi

Prompt that it for file AR0904.BCS in folder BiG World Fixpack\override?
What it for a file and during what moment of installation should be copied it?
In BiG_World_v5.6_beta __ english.pdf and BiG World Install v5.6.bat about it to be spoken nothing.

You can run the BWFixpack after you have extracted/moved all your mods to the BG2 folder. It puts all the BW fixes where they have to go.

After you finished your install, put the files from the folder hotfixes (in the BWfixpack folder) into the override folder. Except the Stone of Askavar one that says data, put that in the data folder.

#30 --maximus2001--

--maximus2001--

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

Ok so i`m going to ask about ones that i`m not sure about. Which of them are likeley to cause CTDs when installed acording to expert install instructions.
02.01. The Tortured Soul Quest (TTSQ) v3

02.02 Dark Ritual v1.02 didn't have a problem with this one

02.03. Oversight v12 no problem

03.01. Never Ending Journey 2 (NeJ2) v4.2b (and all other Nej content) no problem, but a pain to install

04.06. Ascension v1.4.23 (isn`t it included in BP?) The BP one is f'd up, use the regular one

06.04. Drizzt Saga v1.0 no problems (use the WM fix in BWfixpack)

07.00. The Vault (BGT) v6.4 didn't test it yet though its on my new install, but hey Erebusant did it :Bow:

07.04. Stone of Askavar (Beta) v1.3 untested, but on my new install

10.02. Adventures in Papperland (AIP WeiDU) v3 no idea with this one

10.03. Ghost (WeiDU) v1 not sure

11.10. Fonick (CliffHistory) v1 haven't heard of it

11.14. Sylmar Battlefield v1.025 possible, have heard of crashes in the forum

17.01. Shed's Mods - A Forgotten Wars Mod v1 not sure

17.08. The Slithering Menace (Snakes) v3.3 uuhh, snakes

17.09. Facing the Shade Lord again (submission-igi) v1 on my new install, not tested yet

17.10. Facing the Shade Lord again (submission-k?aeloree) v1 should be ok

19.03. Victor's Improvements Pack (BGII Improvements Mod) v1.9 should be ok

19.05. Lost Crossroads Spell Pack for BG2 (Beta) v5 if it didn't revise the spells could be ok-no conflicts

19.06. Spell-50 v10 ok

19.07. Wild Mage Additions v1.6 its got a tough/impossible battle, no errors that I read about

20.04. Turnabout v1 been around awhile, should be ok

21.03. Sheena, a Half Dragon Tale - NPC (HRD) v1.6 on my install, have heard of crashes with the dragon animation a while ago

22.10. Ashes of Embers v27 don't know

#31 rpmaster

rpmaster
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for BWP to it's authors!

But a small question about the latest BWP version:
do we really need "Extended Throne of Bhaal Item Descriptions" component from Unfinished Business when it's installed after "Item revisions"? Seems that UB will change items descriptions, but because many items are edited with Item revisions, their descriptions won't be correct?

#32 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

04.06. Ascension v1.4.23 (isn`t it included in BP?) The BP one is f'd up, use the regular one

Actually the v1.4.23 if f'd up too thus...

04.06. Ascension v1.4.23 (isn`t it included in BP?)

Well, yes and no -you have to install both of them, as the BWP uses just the component 4 from the Ascension, and the rest is installed from the BPv1.77 and BPToBFix(except the level 50 ruleset). The combination has been cleansed from the bugs by the BWP's Fixpack(should be, I can't guaranty anything, as I haven't played the thing...)

PS, perhaps -if you don't know the answer- you should use the Auto-installer. :cheers: :P

As it has been previously stated, the .pdf doesn't contain all the info anymore... or even the correct info(first starting the BWP fixpack, instead of the Install.bat, which might be really bad move)... I know Leonardo Watson, Leomar etc. try as hard as they can, but the info just sometimes flies by unnoticed, especially in the English version... darn Germans. :P
Or the insides of the Auto-installer, one can easily modify the thing, if you just know how/-what to look out for etc. if you ask.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 December 2008 - 10:53 AM.

#33 abbatik

abbatik
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

Auto-installer It is good. But I have got used in manual)))
Simply there I have not found the information on this file.

#34 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

just one quick question: still no ascension and no prevision for it??

#35 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

just one quick question: still no ascension

Ascension comes within the BP, so it's in there.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 December 2008 - 02:44 PM.

#36 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

do we really need "Extended Throne of Bhaal Item Descriptions" component from Unfinished Business when it's installed after "Item revisions"? Seems that UB will change items descriptions, but because many items are edited with Item revisions, their descriptions won't be correct?

I'd advise not installing that component with IR for that reason. I checked with Demi and I believe our ToB item descriptions should include most or all of these expansions already, anyway. I'll be updating IR's readme shortly with a list of mod components known to overwrite item descriptions, but I think this is the only one of those still in the standard BWP.

#37 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

I have no doubt a stupid question. When I'm done with my install, I can delete the mod files and folders. Which folders must I keep?

I'm assuming I need:

CD2
CD3
CD4
CD5
Characters
data
music
override
portraits
save
scripts
sounds

Are there any folders I'm forgetting? And aren't there mods that you don't install until after BG1 as you are ready to progress into BG2?
Nihilism makes me smile.

#38 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

I have no doubt a stupid question. When I'm done with my install, I can delete the mod files and folders. Which folders must I keep?
Are there any folders I'm forgetting? And aren't there mods that you don't install until after BG1 as you are ready to progress into BG2?

Well, technically I would keep the original files and folders, so I would add in:
cache
eReg
multiplayer
mpsave
script compiler
temp
tempsave

But those are not huge files, nor are they all necessary... perhaps. :rolleyes:

#39 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Do I need to keep the BGT folders or anything like that? And again, are there mod folders I need to save for after I beat BG1 other than what is listed in the PDF:

Chloe
GUI_Mods
ImoenRom
Widescreen
Nihilism makes me smile.

#40 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

Ohh, the time is running...

Sorry, but now I can't answer your questions until saturday/sunday, because I go on vacation.

The only thing I've done is to mentioned the incompatibility between component 20 of "Unfinished Business for BG2" and "Item Revisions" in the first post. Thanks rpmaster and Mike1072 to found that out. :)

I wish you all a happy new year.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World