BiG World Project (BWP) v5.6

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 ronin

ronin
  • Modder
  • 2114 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

why are you messing with the worldmap anyways?

The SCSIIWM fix is for the BP-BGT Worldmap v7.0a. Could it be that you use the new version v7.1 of the Worldmap? I think you don't need this fix at the moment, but we'll looking into it. Thanks for the report. :)

Greetings Leomar

With that install i was using worlmap v7.0a but it dont matter now because I am using another installation.

Gruß

ronin

#62 sh4ttered

sh4ttered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

So I followed all the instructions verbatim, but when the installer is running the big world fixpack, it closes while patching the bg2fixpack. No warning, no errors, it just closes. Any advice?

#63 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

Added in the first post under "Important NEWS" the following:
- BG2 Fixpack
- Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS)

Sorry, but I've no time to answer your questions, today. :(

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#64 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Hello again. Did some more detective work on Stone of Askavar. Weidu log shows it as installed but when I did a check with NI, no items, creatures, etc. are there. The hotfixes didn't work for me.

A new version came out the day after I finished my install, but I really don't want to reinstall.

Can I delete the weidu entry for Stone of Ask, and proceed to add the mod again at the end of my install?(since nothing was really added to the game) Or could this ruin the whole install?

Thanks,
Maximus

I know its in the expert version but thought it was stable enough to put in my BWP.

#65 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Try deleting it from your weidu.log first and then try installing the new version. This is assuming your dialog.TLK and/or CHITIN.KEY did not get written to with the bogus or just plain failed installation.

When you checked in NI, you have to make sure you look in the override folder with Near Infinity for the mods' files. I would double check that first since a lot of the mod files may not be grouped in ITEM.BIFF, AREA.BIFF, etc..
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#66 sharpiejas

sharpiejas
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:46 AM

This may sound a little stupid, but here goes anyway.

How many mods should i install, i am in the middle of trying to download all the usable mods and tweaks from the list. Should i install them all? Or should i only install one main mod at a time.

Thanks for any advice...

Edited by sharpiejas, 07 January 2009 - 05:59 AM.

#67 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

Well, sometimes it's best to ask the Stupid QuestionsTM.
But do it the smart way...

As it depends on what you are trying to achieve...
But if you are trying to get as many compatible mods you can, it's recommended that you install every ... mod under the sun using the Standard Installation. There isn't(well shouldn't be) any conflicts, but you can't do them all in one play thought.
Take note that the Standard Installation doesn't install any of the grayed out mods in the BWP.pdf, as that's for the Expert.

And then it would be good to know how much time you have in your hands, as it give clues of how much you can or would be willing to learn in the bug hunt... :devil:
And also it would be good to ask, after you have made a list of what mods you really want.
... know your playing experience...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#68 sharpiejas

sharpiejas
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

I am going to try and install everything, fingers crossed. I have tried once already, but it would not go past the BGT install. I am just in the process of trying again....

#69 sharpiejas

sharpiejas
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

Also, can i just put the mods/changes that are downloaded as applications (i.e setup BGT) straight into the SoA folder?? or should i be 'starting' them first??

#70 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

I am going to try and install everything, fingers crossed. I have tried once already, but it would not go past the BGT install. I am just in the process of trying again...

You need to write the BG1+BGTotSC(v5512) path like this: "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\" or similar and yes, with the quotes.

Also, can i just put the mods/changes that are downloaded as applications (i.e setup BGT) straight into the SoA folder?? or should i be 'starting' them first?

You need to open all the other format files except the setup-*modname*.exe's (as that's the WeiDU.exe)... so you get the setup-*modname*.exe's to the game folder where the bgmain.exe is. Screen shots will help us to help you.
Edit: I took out the mistakes. :wacko:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 January 2009 - 12:47 AM.

#71 sharpiejas

sharpiejas
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

i put BG1 into its default directory- C:\program files\black isle\baldur's gate- maybe that is where i went wrong???

#72 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you guys know that aTweaks has been updated to v1.1. Note that the component layout has been changed from how it looked in v1.0 so you might want to take that into account in case you are planning to integrate aTweaks into BWP. As for the install order, since aTweaks patches-in all of its changes, it should be placed fairly late preferably somewhere after BG2 Tweaks.

BTW, aTweaks v1.1. now includes the French, Spanish and German translations.

#73 Derkoth the Disgruntled

Derkoth the Disgruntled
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Odd Bug Report for Updated BWP

The gaggle of goblins and kobolds in the NW of the Coast Way (just outside Candlekeep) has a bunch of invisible goblins.  I can see the Big Picture "comments" floating in mid-air, but don't see the goblins until they stab me, which is a total bummer for a 1st level char.

Dunno what's causing it, 'cause it didn't happen in BWP 5.5.  Weidu.log attached for the curious.

No big deal, I'll just keep on playing 5.5 like I was.  Thought I'd report it, though, in case someone else had the same prob.

Cheers,

DtD

Attached Files

#74 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

@ 5E6116

I have Stone of Askavar installed (with BWP fixes), but when the mod is supposed to start in the Nashkel Pass with an ambush nothing happens (from the readme). The area is AR3800 where Shar-Teel is located.

We have two reports of Stone of Askavar in the German forum. Both gamers started an installation at the same time. One of them reported the same thing, which you reported, but by the other gamer all was fine. He used the newest version of Stone of Askavar without our BW Fixpack fixes (like I described in the first post). The mod starts after the Nashkell mines in the middle of the road of the Naskell-Pass. I've got after that none message from the other gamer anymore. The only thing I know is, he want to start a new installation. I think your Stone of Askavar is messed up and you can't play this mod in this playthrough.

Do I have to copy and paste all the folders into override and data like he did?

Sorry, I'm not the right person for that. Perhaps someone else could help you.

@ Guest

What I have in mind is that I would like to add the bonus merchants to Copper Cornet (Don't think these are included in BWP?) aswell as changing the bag capacity to unlimited of all the holding bags etc.

The bonus merchants are added with the BWP. If you're not sure about it, try the BG2 Tweak Pack component. I think you can install this and the unlimited capacity components afterward. But we don't recommend it, because we don't know what will happen. So you're on your own or do a completely Clean Install.

@ LJ

When trying to run the BiG World Install v5.6,im coming up that im missing multiple .wav files from my baldurs gate directory....any ideas anyone?

Like you can read in the first post:
- Shows the Install.bat missing BG1 wav-files you can download the needed files here in post #7.

@ aristey

I'm experiencing some problems installing BGT v5.6. I followed the instructions in the guide, but still can't install SCSII_WM_fix.

You are not the first one with this report. For now, don't install the SCSIIWM fix. We will remove it in the next BWP version and handle this problem otherwise. Unfortunately, the problem between SCSII Watchers Keep component and BP-BGT-Worldmap exist furthermore with the newer Worldmap version, so we try to install the SCSII component after the installation of BP-BGT-Worldmap.

@ Sh4ttered

So I followed all the instructions verbatim, but when the installer is running the big world fixpack, it closes while patching the bg2fixpack. No warning, no errors, it just closes. Any advice?

Please look in the following thread, because you have a problem with your computer, windows, or virus/firewall programs:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=37726

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 09 January 2009 - 12:06 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
- Chevalier

#75 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

@ sharpiejas

i put BG1 into its default directory- C:\program files\black isle\baldur's gate- maybe that is where i went wrong???

If you have installed your BG1 game to C:\program files\black isle\baldur's gate, then you must enter
"C:\program files\black isle\baldur's gate". That's all.
Or if you have installed it in D:\mygames\bg1, then you must enter "D:\mygames\bg1".

@ aVENGER
Thanks for the information.
:cheers:

@ Derkoth
Can you post your WeiDU.log of your v5.5 installation, so we can compare?

Greetings Leomar
- Chevalier

#76 who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to install the BigWorld mod, and trying really really hard to follow the instructions to the letter. But I dont understand these parts of the instructions and need some clarification please:

"Additional you must change in the Install.bat all NTotSCv163 to NTotSCv171." Do you have any idea how many Install bat files I have in my BG2 directory right now? What is the EXACT file name please?

"Additional you must change in the Install.bat all Bonehillv235 to Bonehillv245." Again which file EXACTLY?

"The modauthor of "Stone of Askavar" has uploaded a fixed version under the same version-number. In this case don't use the "BiG World Fixpack" hotfixes for "Stone of Askavar". To avoid this, delete the following lines in the Install.bat: " Again, which Install.Bat File?

"Mike1072 reported an incompatibility between components of "Unfinished Business for BG2" and "Item Revisions". If you want to install both mods, you should delete the component 20 of "Unfinished Business for BG2" in the install.bat." Ok, which Install.Bat file?

"aVENGER reported incompatibilities between components of "Ding0's Tweak Pack" and "Item Revisions". If you want to install both mods, you should delete the components 11 and 18 of "Ding0's Tweak Pack" in the install.bat." Again, which Install.bat?

" * Shows the Install.bat missing BG1 wav-files you can download the needed files here in post #7." So WHERE EXACTLY do I put these in my "C:\Program Files\Black Isles\BGII - SoA" ?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. If I sound angry, I don't mean too, I am grateful for your efforts in doing all this, I really am! I am just a little frustrated, I have spent another 3 hours but still have not gotten it right yet. (been working on this for about a month now).
Baldur's Gate series is the best game I have ever played, and I played it when it first came out and off and on ever since.

#77 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

Again, which Install.Bat File?

The one you get from here. So it's always either that , or the Fixpack.bat in most cases. In the above case it's the "BiG World Project v5.6 Install.bat". Darn, let's hope you didn't see all the edits... :whistling:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 January 2009 - 01:58 AM.

#78 sharpiejas

sharpiejas
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

@Leomar

Thanks for guiding me out of my blocked alleys so that i can enjoy this great game again. I only forgot to do a full install with BG1....

@anyone and everyone

I can not change the screen size now, is BG1 locked at 800x600?

Edited by sharpiejas, 13 January 2009 - 01:28 PM.

#79 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

No, it is not. Instead of of changing the screen-resolution in-game like in newer games, you'll have to use the configuration program in your BG2 Start-Menu folder.

10th

Edited by 10th, 13 January 2009 - 04:18 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#80 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

I can not change the screen size now, is BG1 locked at 800x600?

No, it is not. Instead of of changing the screen-resolution in-game like in newer games, you'll have to use the configuration program in your BG2 Start-Menu folder.
10th

That is, if you are using BGT in BG2 to have the BG1 in it, and the Widescreen mod. And remember that you need to configure both patched games by starting then and a new games in them, so they autosave, before you use BGT to unite them. Or you can do that by starting the "bgconfig.exe" in both games, but believe me, it's not the same.
Now, it's not exactly locked in bg1 either, but there are few horrible lag producing errors/short cuts what-ever, that open up themselves when the resolution is increased dramatically.