BiG World Project (BWP) v5.6

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

You have seen, which mods/categories I mentioned (and that was much). Please, list the rest mods you're not sure about it.

Ok, so I took your advice and have made a separate thread asking reasons to why ALL of the expert mods are expert ... Kinda useful for those who wanna get the last bit outta their mega install ... or just wanna have fun :P

Some of them have been confirmed to be "safe" from your earlier responses and through lots of forum browsing ;) I'd really like your comments on the list (safe or otherwise) :D

Btw, I got the TDD file and found out that the tb#quest thing is just a typo :D The unpacker thinks there's a Setup-quest.bat in there but actually there's a Setup-tb#quest.bat there :D

Thanx again - Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#102 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

@ Lollorian

I'm attaching my (changed) install.bat so that someone more experienced can cross check this (and verify it for me) ...

Here you must delete the 20, too.
%IFXES%UB%S%UB%L%0%SK% 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 19 20 21 24 | %M%
%IFXGS%UB%S%UB%L%3%SK% 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 19 20 21 24 | %M%
The rest looks fine.

Maybe you guys should consider a separate group of mods other than Standard and Expert called Optional ..

All expert-mods are optional. :D
We don't want to do a third category. Our main reason is, to balance the megamod and fill it with much content. Therefore we try to find out in our huge project phase which mods must be changed from expert to standard and from standard to expert. That depends on content like NPC-mods and item-mods and is a mod cause critical bugs or are critical bugs are fixed. Our future vision is to have no bugged mods in the BWP, so that the expert-mods are all optional-mods. :)

So, if I'm willing to take the risk, can I leave my connection open??

Sure, it is your risk.

Ok, so I took your advice and have made a separate thread asking reasons to why ALL of the expert mods are expert ...

Nice, I'll look into it.

Btw, I got the TDD file and found out that the tb#quest thing is just a typo ...

I've answered your question in "The Biggs Forum" and recommend you to use an other unpacker, because I've not the problems like you have.

@ who_is_daniel

What should be the last thing that should install? It has happened twice now the exact same way, I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Like I can seen in your WeiDU.log you have started the Install.bat several times. In your case you need a clean install and start from the beginning, otherwise you will reinstall all mods, which are installed already.
Here you get the needed informations about a clean install (click me).

@ Leo_TR

<<< Mod= BG Trilogy. Close to end of process. After message "Doing some weird file processing and before TxtMusic setup. I really need a comment here >>>

Ascension64 has answered here.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 21 January 2009 - 12:10 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#103 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

And so are all the other mods... :cheers:

In your case you need a clean install and start from the beginning,

Well, that's the easiest way... :ph34r:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#104 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:12 AM

Here you must delete the 20, too.

%IFXES%UB%S%UB%L%0%SK% 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 19 20 21 24 | %M%
%IFXGS%UB%S%UB%L%3%SK% 0 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15 16 17 19 20 21 24 | %M%

Thanx a million Leomar ;)

We don't want to do a third category. Our main reason is, to balance the megamod and fill it with much content. Therefore we try to find out in our huge project phase which mods must be changed from expert to standard and from standard to expert. That depends on content like NPC-mods and item-mods and is a mod cause critical bugs or are critical bugs are fixed. Our future vision is to have no bugged mods in the BWP, so that the expert-mods are all optional-mods. :)

Ah ... Okey doke :D But still, you should mention reasons why exactly a mod is expert (atleast in the guide) so that we can separate the buggy ones from the jokes :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#105 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

@ Lollorian

Ah ... Okey doke But still, you should mention reasons why exactly a mod is expert (atleast in the guide) so that we can separate the buggy ones from the jokes

Yes and therefore I'll look into your thread and add my comments. But sorry if I'm not so fast at the moment. ;)
So we'll talk in your thread about that, later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is outdated, because we released the BWP v5.7.

Please use the new thread:
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38606

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 23 January 2009 - 12:16 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World