Photo

Comments on the aTweaks releases

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

So are things balanced if I use "Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes" from the G3 BG2 Fixpack as well as "Additional racial traits for Dwarves/Gnomes"?

#22 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:02 AM

So are things balanced if I use "Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes" from the G3 BG2 Fixpack as well as "Additional racial traits for Dwarves/Gnomes"?

Absolutely.

As noted earlier, those components are fully compatible with each other.

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:13 AM

Oh, I saw that they were fully compatible, but didn't want to assume that they would also be balanced is used together. Thanks a lot.

#24 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hey, I was thinking about giving aTweaks 2.5 a spin but I had some compatibility questions. Have the changes to dispel magic and breach been tested with SCSII? It's the "More consistent Breach spell" and "Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin" components I'm curious about.

Also, is there any way to make the bard song last longer after the bard has stopped singing? Part of the annoyance is time-stop: if everyone is frozen except for the caster, then anyone who had the benefits of bard song going into the spell, should retain them through the duration of it. I don't know AD&D rules other than BG's interpretation of 2E, so maybe I'm totally off base here.

I know for my own personal use, I would like to make bard-song last a full turn after it was deactivated. Is this even possible?

#25 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

I know for my own personal use, I would like to make bard-song last a full turn after it was deactivated. Is this even possible?

Lingering Song (new High level ability)
Once a Bard's musical talents have reached a significant level, his music can stay with the listeners long after the last note has died away. After the Bard stops playing, the effects of his or her song last an additional 2 rounds.
Requires: Enhanced Bard Song

;)

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#26 agris

agris
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

ah.. heh, whoops.

#27 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

No worries, give it a try, Rogue Rebalancing is one of the better mods out there.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#28 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hey, I was thinking about giving aTweaks 2.5 a spin but I had some compatibility questions. Have the changes to dispel magic and breach been tested with SCSII? It's the "More consistent Breach spell" and "Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin" components I'm curious about.

Yup, they are fully compatible.

For the record, I always play with SCS II. :)

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi.

I asked some questions at G3 about using Spell Revisions and this mod:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=17278

Demivrgvs wasn't sure about how the "Expanded temple services" component would interact with Spell Revisions, and suggested I ask here.

#30 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hi.

I asked some questions at G3 about using Spell Revisions and this mod:

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=17278

Demivrgvs wasn't sure about how the "Expanded temple services" component would interact with Spell Revisions, and suggested I ask here.

In short, aTweaks is fully compatible with Spell Revisions. I've answered the question in more depth on the G3 forum.

#31 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs

Only to let you know, that Spell Revisions will handle this in the upcoming v3, too.
Post #20

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#32 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

Prevent Mislead clones from singing Bard songs

Only to let you know, that Spell Revisions will handle this in the upcoming v3, too.
Post #20

Thanks.

I'll add a redundancy check in the next release.

#33 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

I've asked in the Spell Revisions forum over at G3 whether NPC innates in both BG1 (Tutu/BGT) and BG2 use the SR version:

http://forums.gibber...mp;#entry150161

Assuming they do, do you know if the BG1 NPCs cast their innates instantly and are uninterruptable (I don't currently have it installed so can't check myself)? If not, is this something aTweaks could provide?

#34 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:46 AM

I've asked in the Spell Revisions forum over at G3 whether NPC innates in both BG1 (Tutu/BGT) and BG2 use the SR version

Branwen's special ability mirrors the Spiritual Hammer spell and uses the same items. Therefore, aTweaks' changes will apply to it as well.

Assuming they do, do you know if the BG1 NPCs cast their innates instantly and are uninterruptable (I don't currently have it installed so can't check myself)? If not, is this something aTweaks could provide?

No. The special abilities of the NPCs are neither warrior innates nor Bhaalpowers.

#35 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:34 AM

Okay, thanks.

#36 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

May I ask what you did to Nishruu/Hakeashar to fix them? I'd gladly implement it within SR! :)

#37 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:51 AM

May I ask what you did to Nishruu/Hakeashar to fix them? I'd gladly implement it within SR! :)

I've simply added a dispelable effect which can be checked via scripting to their equipped weapon. In this particular, case I 've set the Nishruu/Hakeshar Detect Illusion skill to 20. Then, I set up their script to kill the creature and award the appropriate XP to the party once the effect is dispelled. Here's the relevant tp2 code:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeshars
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

BEGIN @210 DESIGNATED 210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeshars
GROUP @2 // Gameplay tweaks
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~mel01.cre~ @90							  // ToB installation check

// Dispel Magic and Remove Magic are supposed to destroy Nishruu and Hakeshars. However, due to targeting issues, this doesn't work for player characters in the unmodded game. To circumvent this, a dispellable equipped effect (Detect Illusion skill bonus) is added to the Nishruu/Hakeshar attack and is then checked by the creature's script.

COPY_EXISTING ~NISHRUU.ITM~ ~override~											 // Nishruu and Hakeshar attack
PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x71) THEN BEGIN										 // file size sanity check (filters out 0 byte files i.e. ALLOW_MISSING)
SET opcode = "276"																 // effect: #276 (Detect Illusions skill modifier)
SET target = "1"																   // target: 1 (self)
SET timing = "2"																   // timing mode: 2 (while equipped)
SET parameter1 = "20"															  // param1: 20 (Statistic Modifier)
SET parameter2 = "1"															   // param2: 1 (Type: set to value)
SET power = "0"																	// power: 0
SET resist_dispel = "3"															// dispel/resistance: 3 (dispellable, bypasses magic resistance)
SET duration = "0"																 // duration: 0
SET probability1 = "100"														   // probability1: 100%
SET probability2 = "0"															 // probability2: 0%
SET dicenumber = "0"															   // dicenumber: 0
SET dicesize = "0"																 // dicesize: 0
SET savingthrow = "0"															  // saving throw type: 0 (none)
SET savebonus = "0"																// save bonus: 0
SPRINT ~resource~ ~~															   // resref: none
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT~											 // add new equipping effect
END																				// end file size sanity check
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

EXTEND_TOP ~NISHRU01.BCS~ ~aTweaks/BAF/NISHRU01.BAF~							   // Nishruu/Hakeshar AI script

And here are the blocks which are added to the creature's script:

IF
	CheckStatLT(Myself,20,DETECTILLUSIONS)
	Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)  // Summoned by opponents
	CheckStat(Myself,1000,XPVALUE) // Nishruu
		!StateCheck(Myself,STATE_DEAD)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
				AddexperienceParty(1000)
		Kill(Myself)
END

IF
	Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)  // Summoned by opponents
	CheckStat(Myself,6000,XPVALUE) // Hakeshar
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
				AddexperienceParty(6000)
		Kill(Myself)
END

IF
	!Allegiance(Myself,EVILCUTOFF)  // Not summoned by opponents
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Kill(Myself)
END

Note that it sometimes takes a second or so for the creature to die this way (similar to knocking down trolls). Also, the caster now must succeed on a Dispel Magic check against the creature (it's hit dice is taken into account) in order to dispel the effect.

#38 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

Just a couple of compatibility notes for aTweaks v3. Firstly, in order to achieve optimal compatibility with Sword Coast Stratagems I & II, Spell Revisions, Tactics and Big Picture, you should install aTweaks after those mods. Furthermore, aTweaks will not take over the AI of Fiends summoned by SCSII spellcasters. This is intentional.

Secondly, the "Use Icewind Dale's Dimension Door animation" component now has a third option which only uses the new animation for the actual spells (Dimension Door and Shadow Door) and retains the old animation for other visual effects such as portal appearances and creature spawning sequences. This is the recommended setting for a BWP install.

Edited by aVENGER, 17 January 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#39 Vampire Killer

Vampire Killer

Dark Metamorphosis

• 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hmm, good thing I saw that before I attempted another BWP install. Should I try to remove aTweaks from the install.bat and then install it last, or just pick a number of mods I want and then install them by hand and forget about BWP?
I can do this!

#40 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

It would be best to install aTweaks manually until the next version of BWP is out.

I've already informed the BWP maintainers about the new install order.