Photo

Desire

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 September 2004 - 01:54 PM

I always assumed it was some (very good) hired hands. Khalid put up a fight and was completely ravaged for it, I think it has been said that Irenicus never touched Khalid. Everyone else must've been knocked unconcious. I would have thought that Dynaheir was killed by the 'hired hands' too since Minsc said "They killed her while I watched..." etc as opposed to he or it if he was referring to Irenicus.

Closer to topic though, I'd really like to see Imoen be very affected by not having a soul, i.e. gaining a sadistic pleasure from killing and slowly takes hold over her. I dunno, the longer she is without a soul the more evil and chaotic she gets. So, by the time you're in the Underdark she may just be like "oh, just kill the deep gnomes and get it over with!" or maybe she wants to torture them as well. It gives you a good direction to write her very un-Imoen-like.

Yeah, actually, the more time you take to get to Spellhold the more Chaotic she could get (due to going crazy) and could end up CN, then without the soul she goes more evil...

Those would be good options for a PC too since he/she has no soul but that's not really in the scope of this mod anyway.

Just throwing ideas around anyway.

#42 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:24 AM

I don't think she would get randomly cruel towards everyone. Her basic personality would remain the same. Enemies however are a different matter.

Some people ,like Phare could certainly experience the worse side of her.

#43 -Piotyr-

-Piotyr-

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:15 PM

Another thing that could be added is Imoen asking you "Do you remember how we were captured by Irenicus" and then have a banter about that...maybe Imoen had total recall about the incident and what happened afterword. At the beginning of BG:Soa, Bioware briefly said what happened but it really was not enough...like did anyone put up a fight...or who exacly were these people that kidnapped them...were they vampires or something else? Maybe also more details about the dungeon but I dont know what.

Its pretty much enough imo. They where attacked by some powerful hired hands(There are many more powerful then you out there by the time you end bg1) and it went down just how the explaned it.

I want to suggest having a version without the romance for people who would rather not bother with it at all.

#44 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 04:03 AM

I have never said there will be a romance, merely that the player will be free to try their hand at making romantic overtures towards Imoen, should they desire to do so. The whole point of this mod is, after all, to offer the player as wide a range of choices as possible.

#45 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:15 AM

I have never said there will be a romance, merely that the player will be free to try their hand at making romantic overtures towards Imoen, should they desire to do so. The whole point of this mod is, after all, to offer the player as wide a range of choices as possible.

But a cool choice would also be making romantic overtures and actually GETTING somewhere with them...
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#46 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 05:01 AM

An interesting classification of choice.