Photo

Desire

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Renmauzo

Renmauzo
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 12:13 PM

I'd like to influence Imoen to become joyless, cold-blooded, heartless, callous, and pitiless; in a word: evil.

#22 -Cybersquirt-

-Cybersquirt-

Posted 09 October 2003 - 12:32 PM

..because she has no banter file! Who knows why...

probably because she was originally not supposed to survive Irenicus a second time.

#23 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 12:53 PM

I'd like to influence Imoen to become joyless, cold-blooded, heartless, callous, and pitiless; in a word: evil.

I can assure you that this desire, or at least the attempt to do so, will be catered for.

#24 Tancred

Tancred

Hapless Paladin

• 209 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 01:44 PM

I agree with that except for the joyless part. Evil should be happiest when it's at work.

#25 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 11:56 PM

It depends on the evil.

#26 Renmauzo

Renmauzo
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:04 AM

I agree with that except for the joyless part. Evil should be happiest when it's at work.

True, I guess I should hope to make her joyless while good, then teach her true happiness...

#27 LSWSjr

LSWSjr

Creator of DHSTU

• 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:39 PM

Hiya Quitch, LSWSjr here with a wish list (if not an almost unachievable one)...

What I would like to see if I could wish for almost anything in this mod would be:
1. Imoen and the PC to get a cat named Gospel and a dog named Littiz or Cybersquirt (a blue dog?) :D ;
2. Imoen getting to know my romances, including aiding my PC to choose during the conflicts point of the romances;
3. Imoen as my wedding Bridesmaid (w/ Anomen) or Best (Wo)Man/Person (w/ Aerie);
4. An appearance of Gorion pre/post-evil temple spirit in ToB, maybe even giving Imoen and my PC his blessing (in a romance that is);
5. An Imoen vamping and interactions with the aforementioned evil temple spirit
(Gorion: "Look at you sinful children, it was not I that raised you as such to be")
6. General increase in interactions with the other NPCs, especially Sarevok and Boo :lol: ;
7. Evil Imoen (sort of an already okayed, but still on my wish list);
8. Imoen doing something about that Tiefling's flirting w/ her (might be too much work to do however); ;)
9. A wedding (in ToB romance), maybe just like Aerie or Anomen's, or maybe with it's own Area Event (in a church or temple), with the NPCs all with their interactions, maybe with Elminster and Volo in the sidelines. B)

That's all for now it seems... :ph34r:

LSWSjr of LSWSjr Publications/Productions/Studios Australia, signing off
[QUOTE]*
In the end, when the chips are down, when you feel like its all over, you have to ask yourself "Was this the right way to be defeated by the inevitable?" and there is only one answer... "It is in this liftime, so I'll see ya in the next, Rowan T. of LSWSjr Publications signing off!"

*Rowan Tritton of LSWSjr Publications/Productions/Studios Australia.

#28 Sparky The Barbarian

Sparky The Barbarian
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:43 PM

One thing I really felt was always missing was a reaction to whatever romance you're involved in. I always thought she'd have some comments about whoever you were seeing. Even more so if that person was someone she already knew maybe.

I also have a desire to see what Imoen's raction to the PC's romance would be.

Anomen: So, whats up with you and Mr Stick In The Mud?

Aerie: Where'd you pick *that* up?
Viconia: So this relationship is based on what? Oh, sex.
Jahiera: Imoen faints.

The relationship that changes the most between the time Imoen is kidnapped and the time she is rescued by Big brother is the PC's relationship with Jaheira. Would J have to stop calling Imoen "Child?"

#29 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 12:35 AM

Would this be Sparky from PBG?

I hardly think she would make such a remark towards Aerie. She thinks Aerie needs a better sense of humour, and she enjoys teasing her, but nothing so cruel as that.

The Jaheira romance might well be a bit of a surprise... but I suspect she'll be around to see it coming, due to the time limit on the Imoen quest.

#30 -Cybersquirt-

-Cybersquirt-

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:21 AM

1. Imoen and the PC to get a cat named Gospel and a dog named Littiz or Cybersquirt (a blue dog?) :D

..a -familiar- named Cybersquirt (who ever heard of a blue dog? :P ); besides, Imoen needs a familiar. :D

#31 Jerry

Jerry
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:55 AM

I hope she could say something after Aerie borned a baby.

#32 Blaine

Blaine
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:43 PM

This may be a little bit off-topic but I'd like to see this mod finally released. I have stopped playing the Baldur's Gate Series until Tutu5, BG1 NPC enhancement and especially the Imoen Relationship is released so I can play the both parts anew.

Please, Quitch, be assured that there is still a lot of interest in your mod by many people, we just don't post very often.

Do you have an ETA for IR ?

With best regards
Blaine

#33 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 06:47 PM

The progress report above still stands true.

#34 -Drasius-

-Drasius-

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:50 PM

Just another one of the silent majority deciding to add his voice to the support of your contiuing quest to enhance our BG playing experience.

An eternal thanks is already owed to yourself and everyone else who had devoted their time and efforts to improve on an already great series with excellent mods and additions, and while we may bitch and moan about the time the mods are taking, it is really just our way of letting you know we are all still really interested.

<jk>Now hurry up already, I need my Imoen fix</jk>

Last minute thought, the bit about Imoen asking how you are doing, and PC not being sure of their course of action would be a nice addition. I thought it was done rather well in Lord Mirrabbo's mod(not sure if it's ok to mention that here but I will anyway), though other parts were quite out of character. Something olong those lines would be good if it was expanded upon.

Another last minute thought, A familiar for Imoen would be a spiffy idea, sometime after her "I wanna a hampster" dialouge with minsc perhaps?

#35 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:06 AM

You are more than welcome to talk about Lord M's mod here, after all, since the two will not work along side each other, mine needs to offer more than his.

#36 Ismail

Ismail

Squirrel Pride Worldwide!

• 423 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

Well, there sure has been a whole lot of stuff mentioned here, none that would be outright idiotic and outrageous. But a few things I'd add... mostly technical.

1) Could you include the pack with a pic that features Imoen's hair with NORMAL colour instead of that godawful, fugly pink?

2) I've seen the "thief" issue mentioned here (something like Immy stealing your purse etc), but this tends to have a big, BIG mistake - it does not take into consideration that the PC might also be a thief and if she is, there's a really frickin' good chance that she's higher level than Immy is, who dualled at level 7. So I'm quite sure that a level 15+ thief would NOT let her purse/stuff be stolen. Shortly, if you're planning anything like that, exclude thieves from it, aight?

3) Yes, more interaction. I mean, other than maybe such characterless doofus as Valygar (offense to all V's fans :P ), I doubt anyone would leave her TOTALLY indifferent. From Korgan to Aerie, from California to the New York island, Imoen WOULD have something to say, ask or whatnot. I know that it's mostly a COMBAT game, not a chatroom RPG where you spend most of your time with char interaction, but still...
Lahinguväljal joome, raisk!

#37 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:01 AM

1. No.

2. The RtW Imoen segments already run thief checks, and this mod will watch for things like that too. It's not just being a thief either, if your dex is a good deal higher than hers, chances are her hand is going to get grabbed.

3. Well this is intended to be a chat mod rather than a combat mod.

#38 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:09 PM

wisdom is supposed to reflect (among other things) how observant a character is, so maybe there should be a check for that to, being able to move your hand twice as fast as hers is worthless if she's emptied your wallet by the time you notice its missing.

And i think she should ask you about your new party members upon joining in spellhold. If you pick up a new npc they know there in a party and can just banter with others later, but if immy's big bro/sis has 2-5 new allies (potentially including a romantic intrest) since she was gone, she'll probably be curious who they are (or in viconia and edwin's case, how they ended up back in your party)
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#39 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:00 AM

There will be stat checks similar to those in Return to Windspear (which work in exactly the way you outline).

#40 -Andrew-

-Andrew-

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:05 PM

Another thing that could be added is Imoen asking you "Do you remember how we were captured by Irenicus" and then have a banter about that...maybe Imoen had total recall about the incident and what happened afterword. At the beginning of BG:Soa, Bioware briefly said what happened but it really was not enough...like did anyone put up a fight...or who exacly were these people that kidnapped them...were they vampires or something else? Maybe also more details about the dungeon but I dont know what.