174 replies to this topic

#21 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:19 AM

Hi there,
I also got the bug with Zhurlong and I think it would be fixed if the following block (in vault.d) will be changed:

APPEND ~ZHURLO~

IF ~True() Global("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1) Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6) Global("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN VLT69
SAY @167
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @168 DO ~TakePartyGold(10)~ GOTO VLT70 END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyGold(10) SetGlobal("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",1)~ JOURNAL @170 EXIT END
END

into:

ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~ZHURLO~ 5 ~!Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6)~ DO 0

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ZHURLO~ 5
IF ~Global("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1) Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6) Global("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @168 DO ~TakePartyGold(10)~ GOTO VLT70
END

APPEND ~ZHURLO~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
IF ~~ THEN DO ~TakePartyGold(10) SetGlobal("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",1)~ JOURNAL @170 EXIT END
END

I'll double-check the globals, but they are set up for intended behavior. There is probably some other part of the quest that needs clarification.

It takes a village...

#22 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

Hi there,
I also got the bug with Zhurlong and I think it would be fixed if the following block (in vault.d) will be changed:

APPEND ~ZHURLO~

IF ~True() Global("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1) Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6) Global("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN VLT69
SAY @167

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
END

into:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ZHURLO~ 5
IF ~Global("HelpZhurlong","GLOBAL",1) Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6) Global("ReturnNashQuestZhurlo","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @168 DO ~TakePartyGold(10)~ GOTO VLT70
END

APPEND ~ZHURLO~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
END

I'll double-check the globals, but they are set up for intended behavior. There is probably some other part of the quest that needs clarification.

Hmm, there's only a True() Trigger in the 5th state of ZHURLO.dlg and when the first quest of Zhurlong isn't done before then the problem appears...
I've checked the problem and it worked perfectly how I've described it in my last post...

#23 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi there,

APPEND ~ZHURLO~

SAY @167

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
END

into:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ZHURLO~ 5
END

APPEND ~ZHURLO~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
END

Hmm, there's only a True() Trigger in the 5th state of ZHURLO.dlg and when the first quest of Zhurlong isn't done before then the problem appears...
I've checked the problem and it worked perfectly how I've described it in my last post...

The problem isn't the Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6)... As I stated, when I get to that point and go over the issue in game, I will alter the dialogue as needed to make it fire properly. In the meantime, you don't want to break something else in the hope of fixing an isolated, localized problem...

It takes a village...

#24 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Hi there,

APPEND ~ZHURLO~

SAY @167

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
END

into:

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ZHURLO~ 5
END

APPEND ~ZHURLO~
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT70
SAY @169
END

The problem isn't the Global("ReturnNashQuest","GLOBAL",6)... As I stated, when I get to that point and go over the issue in game, I will alter the dialogue as needed to make it fire properly. In the meantime, you don't want to break something else in the hope of fixing an isolated, localized problem...

Oh, now I think I got it, you will add a new dialog, right?

#25 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

Heya there :cheers:

The Vault seems to overwrite the Bandit Camp Hobgob Archer, Hakt's inventory and replace his LongBow of Marksmanship to a Bastard Sword +1. Not a problem by itself but within the BWP, it causes an incompatibility of sorts with the Thalantyr's item upgrade mod which needs the Bow for a recipe. I dunno if the Bow can be found somewhere else in BGI though :P

But since Hakt's Weapon2 slot contains a Bastard Sword already, it seems a waste to give him another +1 sword in Weapon1, so I proposed a temporary change in the .tp2 here to preserve the bow AND give him something to become tougher :devil: Hope this gets sorted out :D

Thanks,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 17 September 2009 - 07:02 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#26 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Suggestion for the next version of this mod:

"Elven chainmail +2" (echan01.itm), sold by Talanthyr, should have the same class restrictions as original SoA and TOB Elven chainmail.

In other words. Unusable by Druid (any), Mages, Monks, Shapeshifter, Stalker, Beastmaster, Archer, Kensai, Dwarfs, Halflings, Gnomes and half-orcs.

#27 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

Suggestion for the next version of this mod:

"Elven chainmail +2" (echan01.itm), sold by Talanthyr, should have the same class restrictions as original SoA and TOB Elven chainmail.

In other words. Unusable by Druid (any), Mages, Monks, Shapeshifter, Stalker, Beastmaster, Archer, Kensai, Dwarfs, Halflings, Gnomes and half-orcs.

I can fix that

It takes a village...

#28 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

I can fix that

Great! :cheers:

#29 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

Hello.

I would like to try this mod but I am a bit reluctant when mods add magical items to the game. Can you say me if this mod add a lot of them ? ( and if in a balanced way or not)

ty!

#30 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hello.

I would like to try this mod but I am a bit reluctant when mods add magical items to the game. Can you say me if this mod add a lot of them ? ( and if in a balanced way or not)

ty!

The ones I have encountered so far have been fairly balanced, though a bit buggy.
Hope this helps.

#31 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:28 AM

I have another bug for you Erebusant.
The problem this time is the two handed sword "Valiant" (sw2val.itm) dropped by "Khark".
First off it has no proficiency flag.
Secondly the description says it has a +1 enchantment, but it gives the wielder +2 to Thac0 so in that regard it behaves more like a +2 weapon.
Thirdly it has no backstabbing penalty.
Fourthly it's hp bonus is coded in such a way that the sword can be used to heal the characters (by equipping and de-equipping it repeatedly). To fix this you need to add a "Current HP Bonus" effect with -10 as value.

Edit: As I have already fixed it in my own game you might as well have my copy. You are free to use it as you wish.

Edit2: Looks like sw2hav.itm has exactly the same problems. Are all "vault" items this badly coded?

Edit3: Another item that needs more restrictions (platwy.itm). Seems like most of the vault items need to be coded better...

Attached Files

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 03 October 2009 - 02:36 AM.

#32 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:46 AM

Currently (i reported to asc64 as well), the vault is NOT compatible with Hard Times for BGT.

Hard Times adds a halberd to Greywolf and The Vault assigns him a shield causing a CTD.

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#33 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

Currently The Vault installs a Level 50 ruleset which causes issues for sorcerer (wrong thac0 and spell tables), i would comment out that component ;)

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 14 October 2009 - 09:48 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#34 Ionopachys

Ionopachys
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:57 AM

I'm stuck. I had the book stolen and tracked it down to the Nashkel mines. I went all the way through and killed all the Drow. In the penultimate level there was a Drow cleric who told me Bhaal should mind his own business. There was a journal update saying I found the book, but I didn't. It wasn't on any bodies. There was no container in the area. There was no-one in the final level or in Mulahey's lair. Am I mising something obvious, or is it messed up?

Also, and maybe I'm just dumb, but where is the vault? I've talked to every priest and wizard I can find. So far I've figured out that it is on an island, but I haven't found any clues as to where this island might be or how I can get to it.

#35 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

Also, and maybe I'm just dumb, but where is the vault? I've talked to every priest and wizard I can find. So far I've figured out that it is on an island, but I haven't found any clues as to where this island might be or how I can get to it.

If you only knew someone in Baldur's Gate with the power of divination...

#36 Ionopachys

Ionopachys
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

The only one I know is the guy in the tent, and he didn't reveal the location, only that the sword is a key to a great treasure.

I am willing to be spoiled at this point. I don't know why everyone has to be so coy about this one point.

#37 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:46 PM

The only one I know is the guy in the tent, and he didn't reveal the location, only that the sword is a key to a great treasure.

I am willing to be spoiled at this point. I don't know why everyone has to be so coy about this one point.

The diviner has more to tell you after you have purchased the information from the priest of Oghma.

#38 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:43 AM

Well, the reason for the hesitation in "spoiling" this for you is cause this is a public bug thread :D The spoiler could've been given if you asked in a separate thread with SPOILER in the title ;)

Anyway, ya know ... we're evil :P Spoiler tags FTW!!! :devil: (highlight to see)

Spoiler
:P

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#39 Ionopachys

Ionopachys
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

Well, the reason for the hesitation in "spoiling" this for you is cause this is a public bug thread :D The spoiler could've been given if you asked in a separate thread with SPOILER in the title ;)

Anyway, ya know ... we're evil :P Spoiler tags FTW!!! :devil: (highlight to see)

Spoiler
:P

Cheers,
Lol

Thank you. But what about the book? Is it supposed to be on the Lolth priestess?

#40 kthxbye

kthxbye
  • 233 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hi there! :)
As of v7.1 for BGT, the Vault can cause CTDs in the Bandit Camp area since it adds stackable items (potions, darts, arrows, etc) with 0 charges to some enemies. When the enemies tries to use those items the game freezes.
I've written a quick fix for an on-going game, can be found (along with the discussion of the problem) here: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=42751
I think for safety reasons it would be best to change all ADD_CRE_ITEM and REPLACE_CRE_ITEM (or similar? don't remember the exact command!) so that the items, if stackable, have at least one charge.

Cheers. :)
All of the above must be considered totally IMHO.

Rose NPC and ktweaks for BG:T