174 replies to this topic

#61 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

Heya there Posted Image

The Vault seems to overwrite the Bandit Camp Hobgob Archer, Hakt's inventory and replace his LongBow of Marksmanship to a Bastard Sword +1. Not a problem by itself but within the BWP, it causes an incompatibility of sorts with the Thalantyr's item upgrade mod which needs the Bow for a recipe. I dunno if the Bow can be found somewhere else in BGI though Posted Image

But since Hakt's Weapon2 slot contains a Bastard Sword already, it seems a waste to give him another +1 sword in Weapon1, so I proposed a temporary change in the .tp2 here to preserve the bow AND give him something to become tougher Posted Image Hope this gets sorted out Posted Image

Thanks,
Lol

Commented out.

It takes a village...

#62 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

The item BLUNDAG.ITM is reported by Miloch's CRE Fixer as
wilf	blundag	0x12	Item of wrong type 44 in weapon slot
I believe it should be of type 17 as any other club.

#63 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

Wielding an item type of "club" will crash the game (found this out the hard way, before I dug around in the IESDP archives and found this was known, even though it's not indicated in the actual IESDP that I recall). So yeah, clubs have to be designated as "maces" (though they can have the club proficiency).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#64 Aramyr

Aramyr
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

I screwed up the quest with Zernan and the stolen book. After the meeting at Friendly Arm inn I went straight to Naskel mines found nothing there, then finally caught up with him at Nashkell, also find his contract at the carnival, but after all of these events there is nothing at the mines I went though the whole 3-4 times look at every corner!!!!

Edited by Aramyr, 08 March 2010 - 12:30 AM.

#65 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

are the items from this mod supposed to be using the old BG1 proficiencies?
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#66 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

are the items from this mod supposed to be using the old BG1 proficiencies?

The original mod was built for BG1 & Tutu. I only ported it over for use with BGT. I didn't do a lot of work on the items in the course of doing so.

It takes a village...

#67 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

I can go through the weapons in DLTCEP and update the proficiencies for them, if you like. I was going to do it so the weapons made sense on my install anyway. Maybe you can include them as a seperate option or something, so the player can choose which proficiency system they would like the weapons under. If I was to do that, is there anything I need to know in order to keep the descriptions straight?
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#68 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Maybe you can include them as a seperate option or something, so the player can choose which proficiency system they would like the weapons under. If I was to do that, is there anything I need to know in order to keep the descriptions straight?

You need to change the .tra files for the descriptions, not just the .itm files for the proficiencies. I would just make them all BG2 proficiencies. If someone wants to use the BG1 system from Tweaks or whatever, Tweaks can worry about patching descriptions.

Seems there's still a typo in the .tp2 related to the Venkt crash (see here). Around line 2249, this is the culprit:
REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~DART03~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~QUIVER1~
Well first of all, darts don't go in quivers and second of all, they need at least 1 charge. I'd recommend replacing it with this:
REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~DART03~ #10 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON3~
Also, in places you're specifying #20 charges for darts, I'd put a space after that and the next #0 (might not be strictly necessary, but might as well be safe).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#69 -The Arcanamach-

-The Arcanamach-

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

Two things. First, is this mod still compatible with a vanilla BG1 game?

***Possible spoiler***

Secondly, I too always wind up not getting my book back. I get to the Nashkel Mines after Zernan and the Mysterious Man encounters and wipeout all of the enemies at the mines only to find the final level/Mulahay's room empty and no book to be found anywhere. Ive searched the forums for an answer to this problem but I cannot find a solution to the problem. (This includes a "walkthrough" linked in the forum but did not state how to fix this or what I may have done wrong).
Ive run this mod as the only add-on to my BG1 game and still run into the problem with no indication of a problem from WeiDu or error reports.

Thanks.

#70 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

Reading this page, no.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#71 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:43 AM

***Possible spoiler***

Secondly, I too always wind up not getting my book back. I get to the Nashkel Mines after Zernan and the Mysterious Man encounters and wipeout all of the enemies at the mines only to find the final level/Mulahay's room empty and no book to be found anywhere. Ive searched the forums for an answer to this problem but I cannot find a solution to the problem. (This includes a "walkthrough" linked in the forum but did not state how to fix this or what I may have done wrong).
Ive run this mod as the only add-on to my BG1 game and still run into the problem with no indication of a problem from WeiDu or error reports.

Thanks.

To answer question #1 - No. The BGT compatible version is compatible with BGT only.
To address question #2, I've completed a run-through for bug-fixing and will be releasing a updated version of the Vault for BGT once I get the other Major Mod updates released. Not sure of a timetable, but most likely sometime this summer.

It takes a village...

#72 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the replies. Another question. Is the Vault compatible with SCS's 'Harder Red Wizards' component? (The Vault modifies the encounter with them in the spider/ettercap infested map). I'll ask this over at G3 as well if need be.

#73 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:31 AM

Hello Erebusant,

I played to the Vault and finish 3 quests without a bug: the vault's quest, the vestibule's quest and the return to nashkel's quest.
In Gullykin's quest, I met Kharaz after visiting Gullykin's village. I've got the dialogue with Kharaz, but no dialogue with Gullykin's mayor; actually I didn't see him. I think I visited all the map, but he's nowhere.
But we know that there's some dialogues with him in the french translation:

@39 = ~<CHARNAME>! It is a terrible time for Gullykin! We are beset by a tribe of vicious ogres under the command of one ogre magi called Kharaz! They demand that the village be vacated as it will be the site of their new encampment! Already we have sent two couriers to seek help but they have been intercepted and murdered. Please, you must help us! They continue to pour in numbers, maiming the people and destroying our property...~

@41 = ~The village of Gullykin is under siege from a band of ogres led by a magi called Kharaz. The ogres seem to number in the hundreds, with waves and waves and waves of raiding parties laying waste to the village and its inhabitants, but I have told Gandolar that I will see what I can do to remedy the situation.~

@45 = ~This Kharaz you mentioned, Gandolar. Have you seen him?~

Even Kharaz has a special dialogue about this:

@0 = ~So, the halflings will not bow to my will and have decided to send you, have they? Haha! It matters little for I will crush you cattle and claim Gullykin as my own!~

Do you know how and when does this quest begin ?

Edited by Graoumf, 26 June 2010 - 03:32 AM.

#74 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

Hello Erebusant,

I played to the Vault and finish 3 quests without a bug: the vault's quest, the vestibule's quest and the return to nashkel's quest.
In Gullykin's quest, I met Kharaz after visiting Gullykin's village. I've got the dialogue with Kharaz, but no dialogue with Gullykin's mayor; actually I didn't see him. I think I visited all the map, but he's nowhere.
But we know that there's some dialogues with him in the french translation:

@39 = ~<CHARNAME>! It is a terrible time for Gullykin! We are beset by a tribe of vicious ogres under the command of one ogre magi called Kharaz! They demand that the village be vacated as it will be the site of their new encampment! Already we have sent two couriers to seek help but they have been intercepted and murdered. Please, you must help us! They continue to pour in numbers, maiming the people and destroying our property...~

@41 = ~The village of Gullykin is under siege from a band of ogres led by a magi called Kharaz. The ogres seem to number in the hundreds, with waves and waves and waves of raiding parties laying waste to the village and its inhabitants, but I have told Gandolar that I will see what I can do to remedy the situation.~

@45 = ~This Kharaz you mentioned, Gandolar. Have you seen him?~

Even Kharaz has a special dialogue about this:

@0 = ~So, the halflings will not bow to my will and have decided to send you, have they? Haha! It matters little for I will crush you cattle and claim Gullykin as my own!~

Do you know how and when does this quest begin ?

There is an issue between BGT and Vault where after you have completed the Firewine ruins Gandolar Luckyfoot uses an EscapeAreaDestroy(90). I probably need to alter the dialog so Gandolar goes to "RandomWalk" instead of escaping. This is a known bug I am aware of.

It takes a village...

#75 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

Ok, thanks. :)

#76 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

I received this translation pack in my PM to ilot. I think it was another server error so here it is in case someone is looking for it.

Attached File  Vault_Trans_Pack_Rev1.rar   35.85K   258 downloads
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#77 swak62

swak62
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

About the traps my thief isn't able to detect: I've encountered other traps which I can detect but can't disarm. I've checked with NI, and no trap should be undetectable and/or permanent. My thief is an illusionist 8/thief 8 with 80 skill points in disarm traps, plus some items that bring that value up to 135. Still, I get the "trap not disarmed" string and the trap fires. I've tried using Imoen's Artifact (from BG1NPC) to give her +1 dexterity, and using a potion of perception (for a grand total of another 25 points of disarm trap if I remember right the bonus from high dexterity), and again I get the "trap not disarmed" string. NearInfinity says that the trap in that area varies from 90 to be detected and 90 to be disarmed, to 100 to be detected and 100 to be disarmed so I can't explain that behavior.
Also, one of the traps I couldn't disarm started triggering every 30 seconds or so, firing a fireball on the trap, while there was no one on there.

Fixed.

Well, I'm having the same problem as kthxbye, and I do have the 7.1 version installed. I installed the game in July, this year, so according to this post of being 'fixed', I probably shouldn't be having this problem. It's getting real frustrating trying to play through the game and constantly setting off these undetectable/non-disarmable traps.

Edited by swak62, 25 September 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#78 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:39 AM

A German gamer reported the following:

With "The Vault" I've a misspelled dialogue with the ghost of Ulcaster.
If I talk with him more then once (that must be do), he said the following:
"What it is with these mines? You cleared it of those little dogs weeks ago and now we've got a spider infestation!"
I think I should get this dialogue from someone in Nashkell...

Greetings Leomar

Fixed locally...run the attached...it's only in english so you'll need to translate it for other language installs...

I've already updated all of the traified translations in my local package from the portion of @164 that contains it. Once I finish playing through to check for other bugs I'll upload a new version. Players just need to translate the string in the patch until then.

I would like to know if that problem about "Ghost fo Ulcaster" is fixed in the last version (7.1)

Thanks

Edited by ilot, 26 September 2010 - 02:41 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#79 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:36 AM

Finished The Vault, beautiful mod, already seems to play Baldur's II, in Baldur's I!
Just some notes:
Why are there no in-game clues about the new quests introduced by the mod? If nothing shows me that there is a new quest in Gullykin, how the hell ( :devil: ) do I know, when I am in the moment in the other side of the world? I can not re-explore the entire map again!

- In "Return to Nashkell" is quite complicated to follow the elf that stole the book and then retrieve it ... the clues are too few, sometimes makes it necessary to re-explore several areas already explored in earlier ...
- "Vestibule" but it is necessary that, with Edwin in group, they attack you immediately?
- In "Gullykin Ogre" is a bug or intentional the huge amount of orcs that attack you? I have a new pc, but although the area was jerky, a clear sign of the huge amount of creatures that were waiting for me ... I think I did something like 100 out of ogres of all types (some even 1300xp ...) and a score of ogre magi, Just to kill the boss and leave the area!
- There should be a quest called "The Vault" but I have not yet found a trace, nor do I know everything about ... (or The Vault is Torqion quest?)

Edited by masterdisorder, 06 October 2010 - 05:56 AM.

#80 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

Mini walkthrough for The Vault

How to get the sword Vampire's Revenge:
- Have the idol from the dig site area
- Have the broken armor from beneath the Firewine Bridge or from Castle Daethmac if you have Dark Side of the Sword Coast installed
- complete the quest from Ulcaster's ghost
- speak to Ulcaster's ghost several times

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board