• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:03 AM

Added Tyris Flare to the BG2 NPC list.

-=Edit: Also added Jan's Extended Quests=-

Edited by Ranadiel, 20 September 2009 - 02:15 AM.

#22 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:52 AM

Spotted an error in your list...

Edwin gets 2 extra spells of all levels (because of his amulet), not just extra level 1 and 2 spells.

Also I guess you are aware that ScS and BG1Npc changes the starting locations of quite a few of the BG1 npc's...?

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 21 September 2009 - 07:36 AM.

#23 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:00 AM

Edwin gets 2 extra spells of all levels (because of his amulet), not just extra level 1 and 2 spells.

Also I guess you are aware that ScS and BG1Npc changes the starting locations of quite a few of the BG1 npc's...?

Are you sure that is an error? From what I could find on a vanilla BG1 game, it seems that Edwin gets only extra 1st and 2nd level spells. In BG2, if he gets extra spells due to an amulet, then it would fall under custom items(which I do have listed). I don't know how this difference gets resolved in BGT, but that goes a little beyond the amount of work that I feel is neccesarry.

And yes I am fully aware that some mods do change starting positions. However as I describe in the first post, I am only putting the character's default starting position.

#24 OneEyedPhoenix

OneEyedPhoenix
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:01 AM

Are you sure that is an error? From what I could find on a vanilla BG1 game, it seems that Edwin gets only extra 1st and 2nd level spells. In BG2, if he gets extra spells due to an amulet, then it would fall under custom items(which I do have listed). I don't know how this difference gets resolved in BGT, but that goes a little beyond the amount of work that I feel is neccesarry.

I am positive that this is an error. Closer inspection with near infinity will reveal to you that his amulet acts as I have described, regardless if your game is vanilla bg1 or BGT-BWS. All in all he gets 3 extra spell per level (2 from the amulet and 1 from his class), which is what makes him so good. Of course, he has to reach the sufficient level to benefit from his bonus spells.

Edited by OneEyedPhoenix, 22 September 2009 - 03:03 AM.

#25 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

I don't know honestly how BGT handles it, but in BG1 vanilla game Edwin could have 3 more spell per level (2 for his amulet and 1 for his class),

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#26 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:41 AM

I am positive that this is an error. Closer inspection with near infinity will reveal to you that his amulet acts as I have described, regardless if your game is vanilla bg1 or BGT-BWS. All in all he gets 3 extra spell per level (2 from the amulet and 1 from his class), which is what makes him so good. Of course, he has to reach the sufficient level to benefit from his bonus spells.

In that case fixed.

#27 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

Just added: BG2-Quayle and Varshoon

#28 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

Varshoon also contains a kind of relationship which (I think) should be included. I am not sure how to call it... probably "Respect Path" or something like that. It also affects illithid lair (underdark) quest. Can you include those info? It looks as Quayle was more advanced npc, what is a lie - Varshoon is better :)

#29 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Varshoon also contains a kind of relationship which (I think) should be included. I am not sure how to call it... probably "Respect Path" or something like that. It also affects illithid lair (underdark) quest. Can you include those info? It looks as Quayle was more advanced npc, what is a lie - Varshoon is better :)

Hmm, well to be honest a lot of the NPC mods probably look either more advanced or less advanced than they really are. :P As I recall, I made the decision to avoid mentioning when an NPC changes a quest due to the frequent difiuclty in acquiring such information.

However I will add a note to Varshoon mentioning the quest change, along with adding a mention of the respect path, since the mod author requested it.

-=Edit: Okay changes have been made.=-

Edited by Ranadiel, 09 November 2009 - 02:47 PM.

#30 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

As a note, I finally got around to adding Mhoram to the list(was putting it off because there was no english documentation). should probably mention that I am thinking about changing the way I handle classes in the future to include both kits and classes(I've sort of gone back and forth between these two). I don't know if I will ever update all the old entries, but I will try to make sure to include it with all future ones.

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Any chance of including this seemingly overpowered fruitnut?? :D Considering there's Matt Damon in the list .. Hey, it's even voiced lol :lol:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#32 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:42 AM

Any chance of including this seemingly overpowered fruitnut?? :D Considering there's Matt Damon in the list .. Hey, it's even voiced lol :lol:

Cheers,
Lol

.....Added.

#33 -Weary-

-Weary-

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:21 AM

Here's a few more NPC's that you might want to look into adding.

Esiriak Cursed Mage (Abjurer)

Stivan Halfling Fighter/Thief

Therrin Elf Ranger (Fallen Stalker)

Change Fade from Thief to more useful Fighter/Thief

Excellent NPC list btw.

#34 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:42 AM

Here's a few more NPC's that you might want to look into adding.

Esiriak Cursed Mage (Abjurer)

Stivan Halfling Fighter/Thief

Therrin Elf Ranger (Fallen Stalker)

Change Fade from Thief to more useful Fighter/Thief

Excellent NPC list btw.

*sigh* I really like replying to posts in a timely manner don't I?

Currently I am recovering from a computer failure(would be completely recovered if my new computer didn't require rails to put new hard drives in), so I'm putting the addition of these NPCs(well except for the Fade one becasue her default class is Thief and I'm only putting default classes for the sake of my sanity) until I have a working BGII install with Shadowkeeper so I can easily double check all of the neccesary details. In the mean time I am listing the locations for all three mods so that I can quickly add them in the future once I get my install up and running.

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=37501
http://www.shsforums...p?showforum=255
http://aerie.ru/mods.php?view.129

Edited by Ranadiel, 21 December 2009 - 04:48 AM.

#35 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:07 AM

Update time hurray! I was extremely bored so I made a list of all NPC mods that have yet to be released! I've included all the ones that are either dead or in development hell as well. Really looking through all of those mods made me sad as there were so many great ideas that just never will come to be(or won't be released in time for my next install :P). So I want to give a great big thank you to all the modders who have stuck through to bring their ideas to fruition as none of this would be possible without you.....and yes I will add those mods I mentioned in my last post eventuially. :mellow:

Mods to be looked through once I have a working install again:
http://www.tolkienac...com/Tahlir.html
http://forums.chosen....php?board=76.0
http://www.gibberlings3.net/yoshi/
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=37501
http://www.shsforums...p?showforum=255
http://aerie.ru/mods.php?view.129

#36 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

And one last update for the week(unless the 12 days of modding takes place again). I got tired of waiting for the part I was waiting on so I just reinstalled BG/BGII and went ahead and got all the NPC data. Suprisingly only one mod required me to have to look at the creature file. I added all six of the previous links to the list. Four new NPCs were added. One mod to an existing NPC was added. One in development NPC was added, and one dead NPC project was added.(If care enough to figure out the difference in numbers, one of the links had two NPCs related to it).

On a fun note, I just had to extend the NPC lists down one more post. That means the list can probably take around 100 more NPCs before I have to move on to version 3. I'm sure that day will come eventually. ^_^

#37 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

... unless the 12 days of modding takes place again ...

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what this is?? Is everyone saving their updates for this or wot?? :P

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#38 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what this is?? Is everyone saving their updates for this or wot?? :P

Cheers,
Lol

Well for the past two years Spellhold Studios has celebrated Christmas by having mod releases, updates, and announcements occur during the 12 days of Christmas. I don't know if it is planned for this year or not(I'm holding off on my next mod install until at least Christmas to wait and see), but if it is occuring then you should expect a lot of releases very soon.

12 Day Recap 07-08
12 Day Recap 08-09

#39 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

Man, that ROCKS!!! :coolthumb: Seeing that those big mods BGT, 1PP, BP etc got updated on those weeks, it looks promising!!! :P Thanks for the explanation :cheers:

Cheers,
Lol

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

That means the list can probably take around 100 more NPCs before I have to move on to version 3. I'm sure that day will come eventually. ^_^

And that day inches closer ^_^ +1 NPC with Solestia!!!

Cheers,
Lol