Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v8.0

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#61 -Icke-

-Icke-

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

Actually it's annoying to download and unpack mod by mod as I am doing right now :(
I realy love the Setup! It's so... setuplike :D

#62 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

But but but ... The install.bat is so ... WeiDU-ey and black ... and ...:P

Aw crap, GUI FTW!!! :coolthumb:

Cheers,
Lol

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#63 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

I think Leonardo will still keep up the batchfile and BWS will use it as a basis.
But things like multiple selections are just a little bit too complicated for a batch file -- well at least I think so.
And the whole installation will be (and download and extraction is) a cmd that will be monitored. StdRead/StdWrite for the win. :D

Another option would be to make an unusable batch and use it as a template for the BWS.

Edited by dabus, 30 August 2009 - 10:45 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#64 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:03 AM

Already doing Tales of Anegh and Breagar

Sorry :P lost your post in the page turn :doh:

I'm ready to help in translating Tales of Anegh :D Maybe I could help you this sunday?? :P (if you want of course)

(btw, I'm like so proud of doing those translations without knowing the languages :lol: Lol, I can even speak rudimentary french now ^_^)

Ci'est la vie ... wait ... is that spanish?? :bi:

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 31 August 2009 - 04:05 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#65 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:33 AM

Already doing Tales of Anegh and Breagar

Sorry :P lost your post in the page turn :doh:

I'm ready to help in translating Tales of Anegh :D Maybe I could help you this sunday?? :P (if you want of course)

(btw, I'm like so proud of doing those translations without knowing the languages :lol: Lol, I can even speak rudimentary french now ^_^)

Ci'est la vie ... wait ... is that spanish?? :bi:

Cheers,
Lol

Well darn I do not know. I tend to have, a hard time playing with others.

My wife knows a little French too, so I can ask her grudgingly, when it is necessary.

#66 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:36 AM

I guess that means I get some rest then eh?? :cheers: I guess you'd do better than me anyway :P I understand (even though I'm crying in a corner as I type this :crying:) KIDDING!!! :P

Btw, anyone know who I can contact to get Nanstein updated?? :unsure: I tried pming Immortality (after Graoumf told me that Clan REO's mods were handled by her)

Ok, new question regarding the install.bat. dabus mentioned that you could actually create dynamic checks in the .bat to check for errors and such as they're written in the BiG World Debug.txt. Basically, a check in the .bat that checks the BiG world Debug.txt for strings like " error" (with the space so it doesn't return RoTerror :P) after each mod install so that it pauses the installation if there's some error by issuing the "pause" :D

Is this even possible?? Can I read something about it anywhere?? (LOL can someone google that for me?? :lol:) If this can't be used in the .bat, can it be implemented in the BWS?? (v9 of course :P) :ph34r:

Thanks,
Lol

EDIT: Understood what Headbanger said :P

Edited by Lollorian, 31 August 2009 - 09:52 AM.

#67 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

aristey, please try again to go onto the Rosenranken page. Any banned provider should be removed from the list now.

Leomar, thank you very much for drawing my attention to this!

#68 -jamada-

-jamada-

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

Remember that even when BWP v8 is released they'll be a 20gig wait worth of files to download!

Can anyone either confirm or correct the quoted statement? I haven't used the BWP before so I don't know personally, and I was unable to find a "system requirements" for the BWP.

#69 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

Expert version is 2.9 GB of downloads.
Unpacked downloads with Tob installation is around 7 GB.
BG1 is 2,5 GB and will be included with BGT, so this comes up as 5 GB.
Installed mods in Override are 4.5 GB.
Plus additional mods that use biffing and are stored in data.

So I guess it would be save to say that you may come up with required 25-30 GB, if you install all the stuff and count temporary data & requirements. If you want the basics, it is much less as you can see. ;)

You can use the cleanup.bat to remove the installation-data (the files used to install the mod, you don't remove the mod from the game) to save yourself a few GB. You can also uninstall BG1 after you installed BGT.

Maybe another one can be more precise.

Edited by dabus, 01 September 2009 - 02:41 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#70 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

Ok, let's see:

Expert version is 2.9 GB of downloads. (note to modders, 7zipping reduces the 2.9 GBs to a mere 1.45 GBs :ph34r:[archived all mods to disk :P])
Unpacked downloads with Tob installation is around 9.5 GB. :devil:
BG1 is 2,5 GB and will be included with BGT, so this comes up as 5 GB.
Installed mods in Override are 4.5 GB.
Plus additional mods that use biffing and are stored in data.

So I guess it would be save to say that you may come up with required 25-30 GB, if you install all the stuff and count temporary data & requirements. If you want the basics, it is much less as you can see. ;)

The last time I did a recommended install, and the BGII-SoA folder (without the cleanup.bat's deletions) was 21 GB :o

Cheers,
Lol

#71 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:43 AM

The last time I did a recommended install, and the BGII-SoA folder was 21 GB :o

Ah, that's nothing, I have about 10 to 15 BG related games: BG1+TotSC unmoded, The Original Saga moded, EasyTutu 1 as a backup and 1 as moded version, BG2 as a backup and one as a bit moded, a BGT one, one in the BWP directory still unmoded, 1 in the games directory as a bit moded, and then I got one as my mod test subject, and 2 different versions of the Classic Adventure TC, one IWDinBG2 beta mods backup, one moded... I don't remember the exact figure, I don't remember where they all are, but that's about ten. ^_^ :(
But they take at least 50 GB from my hard drive, and them I have the mods, with some I have multiple copies.

PS, did I say it was easy to have multiple co-existing and working BG2 installs, it is #7.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 September 2009 - 12:47 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#72 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

Being the space-freak that i am :P I tend to keep tabs on every kB of space that's being used (even if the HDD has an admirable 250GB size :P) How do play so much stuff? :blink:

Anyway, back on topic, ummm ... thinking ... oh yeah.

The G3 forums have much stuff hidden in them. Spellrev3's in beta, SCS beta10's been released for spellrev compatibility, I hear RR's also becoming spellrev compatible. Then there's the constantly updating BG1NPC, SCS and SCSII changelogs.

Right here, on SHS, Darpaek found something missing from the Lightmaps replacements mod.

If and when the BWS gets uploaded, it could be useful if all of these changes and fixes get uploaded too in the BWPFixpack 8.02 or sommin :unsure:

(is everyone waiting for the BWS or did someone do a manual install?? ... EXCEPT Darpaek :P)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 02 September 2009 - 04:51 PM.

#73 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

now,Beta version of SCSII v10 is available. The link is here

Here's the relevant bit of the changelog:

New or heavily modified components

Systematic rewriting of mage and priest components to generate spellbooks from scratch; lots of small tweaks to mage and priest targetting in the process
New component: a BG2 version of the "modified shapeshifting" component from SCS
New component: Improved Irenicus in Hell (tactics remix)
New component: improve the Spellhold fight with Irenicus
New component: randomize the teleport maze in Watcher's Keep
New component: give enemies a saving throw against Carsomyr's dispel-on-hit power (idea borrowed from Demivrgvs and Mike1072)
New component: nerf resurrection rod
New component: nerf Insect Plague (this is partly borrowed from Demivrgvs' Spell Revisions)
New option in the "antimagic penetrates invisibility" component: restrict it to only affect some spells
New component: slightly harder Irenicus's Dungeon
New components taken directly from Taimon's exe hacks: fix MI, fix Dispel Magic, make Stoneskin not change avatar colors
New component: slightly increase the power of Mantle and the like
Split the "detectable spells" component in two, so that players who don't want their items to be detected by the AI can choose for this not to happen
Added new set of components to let the player choose exactly which strongholds s/he has access too (this is basically a fine-tuned version of the component in BG2Tweaks)
"Remove arrows of dispelling from stores" is now its own component and not part of "improved minor encounters"; it now removes arrows from mod-added stores too
Fll'yissetat and Adalon added to "smarter dragons"

Optimisations and minor tweaks and additions

Elder orbs no longer use Spell Shield
The default for wizards is now only to force-cast Stoneskin when they go hostile, not as soon as they are created
The disguised drow at Sendai's enclave now ignore calls for help from non-disguised drow
By popular request, ulitharids are now >12th level. Blame Coaster.
Following a suggestion of Galactygon, innate-casting creatures no longer have a casting animation
Lizard Man shamans' contingencies now use 2xCreeping Doom, 1xADHW, not the other way around
Slight tweaking of "improved random encounters": no encounter now occurs more than once, and the tough encounters occur one level later
Golems are now listed as unintelligent
The yuan-ti mages in the d'Arnise Keep have been slightly toned down (if you prefer the original ones, set the "DMWWTougherDarnise" global to 1)
The "prevent characters from dying irreversibly" component has been renamed to "make characters less likely to die irreversibly"
Dragons now use breath weapons on summoned enemies
Dragons are less inclined to randomly run away
Melissan's cambion had been left off the list of demons to be flagged as immune to pro/evil
The Demon Knights in the Underdark now have proper help scripts
Flagged lots of components as identical to components in SCS, so as to avoid duplicate installations on BGT installs
Modified the move-Boo component so it's better suited to BGT installs
Beholders now only use Simulacrum spells if the clone component is selected
Under-the-hood change: the core melee and ranged-combat scripts now get new names rather than using the default names (WTASIGHT and WTARSGT). This should lead to various small smoothings - notably, it ought to stop joinables getting potions.
The "move Boo" component now works for BG1 versions of Minsc (for BGT purposes) and allows for the "Kidnapping of Boo" quest in UB
Some optimising of Genie scripting
Tweaked black and shadow dragon breath-weapon use to hopefully be more effective
Tweaked dragon melee strategy so they don't get locked into an only-attack loop and forget to use magic and breath weapons
Enemy mages and priests now summon alignment-appropriate fiends (Baatezu for lawful evil, Tanar'ri for chaotic evil, random - but consistent - for neutral evil)
Shapeshifted druids always go to melee (assuming "improved shapeshifting" isn't installed)
The drow duelist mage and Qilue now get boosted by "improved Drow"
The drow duelist mage no longer teleports out of the pit
Irenicus in Spellhold now remembers to trigger his contingency before starting the spawn-clone tricks
Mildly against my better judgment, added compatibility with SR Glitterdust
Demiliches now can use their Trap-the-soul power even if they're spellcasting in the same round
Irenicus and the Asylum mages now use magic against one another

Bugfixes and compatibility fixes

Wand of Spell Striking is now edited so as not to penetrate invisibility in a manner compatible with Item Revisions
Replaced a number of erroneous instances of "SPELLFAILUREMAGE" with "SPELLFAILUREPRIEST" in ease-of-use AI
Corrected a few readme typos
Incendiary Cloud traps no longer crash the game (second time lucky, I hope)
Minor typo in the "remove sphere from cloak of mirroring" component (caught by Avenger_RR): the removal effect was labelled as "permanent", not just "while equipped"
Corrected a few typos in the English version of the translation file
"Smarter Gromnir" component now allows for players who have the core Ascension component but not "Tougher Gromnir" (or vice versa) installed
Sendai's Enclave now installs even if "smarter mages" isn't installed
Fixed some typos in "improved general AI" and "potions for NPCs" which were preventing some non-droppable potions from being used
Killing the green dragon outside Abazigal's Lair in nothing flat will no longer prevent the red dragon from spawning
Fixed a typo in Sendai's Enclave that was preventing Odamaron's traps from firing
Fixed a typo in the transfer_item_abilities_to_spell macro (caught by Galactygon)
Due to an error in my version of Near Infinity, the macro to make casting innate was erroneously giving immunity to Turn Undead(!)
Thieves no longer hide in full view of invisible PCs (thanks to Kromgart for the suggestion of how to do this elegantly)
Drow on the surface no longer have adamantine weapons
Joinable NPC priests are now exempt from having their level altered by "smarter priests"
The component that improves Ascension demons now requires Ascension to be installed
The Yellow Dragon Armor now blocks thief skills
Detectable Spells no longer crashes if ToB is not installed (not that SCSII supports non-ToB games, but still...)
The hostile drow city component is less likely to stall now if the computer fails to notice that you've killed off the drow; we also fix a couple of typos
with the drow scripts
If Oversight's "Tougher Sendai" is installed, SCSII leaves her alone (previously, we were getting compatibility bugs)
The general AI now tries harder to pick on wounded opponents in melee
Imix's "Starfire" power wasn't working, due to a typo (thanks, Temujin)
We fix a bug in Tactics Improved Druid Grove (I was already fixing it in my version, but due to a typo - caught by Temujin - the fix didn't affect Tactics)
We generally get a bit more careful at making sure death variables get properly overwritten
Bodhi's Asylum turn-into-bat script (in Improved Vampires) wasn't compiling properly (thanks, Temujin)
Two of Melissan's Ascension spells weren't being correctly named (thanks, Temujin)
Fixed a couple of typos in cleric-mages' spell triggers (thanks, Temujin)
Fixed a few more cosmetic typos (again, thanks, Temujin)
Bodhi and the Shade Lord are now correctly flagged as UNDEAD (though they're immune to disruption and Turning)
The not-fully-working "broken potions" component is replaced with the one from SCS
DS no longer gets antimagic spells to set detectable stats to zero (this was redundant)
Ease-of-use AI is now correctly flagged as requiring Detectable Spells
Slightly modified the no-chunk component to be better at detecting PCs
Enemies can't run out of the Government District area (this should prevent some reported bugs)
Genies now correctly go into gaseous form only three times, and don't thereby regain their spells (resources borrowed from Demivrgvs with thanks)
Efreeti invisibility now hides their Fire Shield
Genie component now correctly allows for SR
Celestial component now correctly allows for SR
"More Staying Power" components now avoid double-counting if SR is installed
Corrected a glitch in the "chase offscreen PCs" block, so it doesn't fail if called twice in succession
Watcher's Keep dragon wasn't correctly getting innate-speed spellcasting
Melissan summons Bone Fiends (non-ascension version) which leads to Blood War problems. We replace them with Demon Knights
Hopefully summoned creatures really don't go hostile now
"Better calls for help" now handles situations where Ascension is installed before Fixpack
Fixed minor compatibility problem with the G3 anniversary mod: Smarter Mages no longer prevents Bev getting the Vibrissa
If UB "Suna Seni/Valygar relationship" is installed, Suna Seni is no longer present in the random city encounter

when the next version BWP is released,if the SCSII v10 will be included?

#74 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Woah! :Bow: And i thought it was just a compatibility fix! :woot: I am DEFINITELY waiting for SRv3 now!!! :D

Cheers,
Lol

#75 --tresca--

--tresca--

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Dumb question but whats SRv3?

Sincerely
Tresca

#76 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

:lol: Spell Revisions version 3rd :P

EDIT: I see that the Oversight mod's Paladin kit, the Holy Liberator is now an automatically installable component in an Expert install. Is this a typo or did you guys just include a modkit through the BWP?? :o (:D)

Cheers,
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 03 September 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#77 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:06 AM

Sorry, but I've no time to read the last posts at the moment.

I would let you know, that the "BiG World Setup v8.0" is released.
http://www.shsforums...mp;showfile=752

Have a nice weekend. :D

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#78 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:38 AM

Greetings Leomar

YEY! Great news! :cheers: Thank you Leomar! :hug:

#79 --Draco--

--Draco--

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

Greetings Leomar

YEY! Great news! :cheers: Thank you Leomar! :hug:

Guess I'll be one of the first to try it out.
Can't wait... :cheers:

#80 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

Way ahead of ya buddy ;)

Just finished downloading everything :D ('tis a shame that SRv3 isn't up yet but I can't wait any more :crying:) Now all I have to do is mod the install.bat to my requirements and we'll be set ;)

Must put in a word for the BWS though, now that I've seen how it works, it's a GREAT addition to the BWP arsenal (even though the downloading can be handled by something better ;))

I see it let's you customize future megamod installs by adding/deleting conflicts and stuff. And it doesn't have all of em. Are we meant to create our own megamod installations and share them with others?? (in which case, which files are needed?) :D

Cheers,
Lol

(on second thought, i think i'll just wait for SP :unsure: Patience pays right? ... RIGHT?? :ph34r:)

Edited by Lollorian, 04 September 2009 - 03:25 AM.