BiG World Project (BWP) v8.0

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#41 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:23 AM

Any word on what's the difference between the BiG World Fixpack v8.0.1 & BiG World Installpack v8.0.1 and the normal v8's?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Just downloaded them :D

The BWP Installpack 8.01 seems to be BWP8 with new(Mike)'s Longer Road language correction.

The BWP Fixpack 8.01 is BWP8 with all of ScuD and Hoppy's fixes in them. (<self plug>OMG!!! And mine too :woot: Now who would've guessed that?? ^_^</self plug>)

GO BWP GO!!! :wub:
Lol

Edited by Lollorian, 28 August 2009 - 10:00 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#43 --tresca--

--tresca--

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

So is bwp v8.1 going to be released this weekend still? I say v8.1 because the other updated files.

Sincerely
Tresca

#44 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

So is bwp v8.1 going to be released this weekend still? I say v8.1 because the other updated files.

You mean the pdf file... I doubt that, as the team is pushing the BWS out, it can fix the problem without a revision in the documents.

So what if the BWP is has bit out dated documentation, it has had that some time.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 August 2009 - 01:34 AM.

#45 --tresca--

--tresca--

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

I meant the bwp v8 setup actually not the pdf documentation is usually never as updated as the rest of things in life so ive found out. *chuckles*

Sincerely
Tresca

#46 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

Leomar is trying hard to make it happen... that' what he said.

Edited by dabus, 29 August 2009 - 10:35 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#47 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

I meant the bwp v8 setup actually not the pdf documentation is usually never as updated as the rest of things in life so ive found out. *chuckles*

Posted Image Erm, the BWSv8 hasn't been released yet, so how can you say anything about it. The other way around, I could understand it... as in:

bwp v8 setupBWS actually not the pdf documentation is usually never as more up to dated asthan the rest of things in life, so iI've found out.

Leomar is trying hard to make it happen... that' what he said.

Real link.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 August 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#48 --tresca--

--tresca--

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:08 PM

Dont misunderstand I know theyre trying to get it released i was just asking if it was still possible for this weekend. I meant in no way to try an be rushing their team or demanding or trolling or anything like that. I meant nothing negative at all.

Sincerely
Tresca

#49 -jamada-

-jamada-

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

Dont misunderstand I know theyre trying to get it released i was just asking if it was still possible for this weekend. I meant in no way to try an be rushing their team or demanding or trolling or anything like that. I meant nothing negative at all.

Sincerely
Tresca

If they have an update on the timeline, I'm sure they'd post that. Why don't you just trust what's already been said in the thread?

I haven't tried the BWP before (and haven't played BGI/BGII in ages) so I'm pretty excited for the upcoming v8. I hope it gets released this weekend as planned. I haven't played BG in ages anyways, so it's no big deal if I have to wait a bit longer for the awesomeness that is this mega-mod.

#50 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

Remember that even when BWP v8 is released they'll be a 20gig wait worth of files to download!

#51 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Lollorian: It's in between. ;)

The BWS does nothing language-wise with the weidu-installation-lines of the BWP-Installpack.
It only fetches the info from the linklist if the mod supports a language or not. (Currently up to 3 languages)

So it will display ThOgma in a English installation if you select to hide foreign mods if Leomar updates the linklist, but it will still be handled as before by the Installpack.

As mentioned before, I'm currently trying to split all the info from the Installpack into diffrent files and merge them together to create "weidu-commandlines" and make all translations available, but I think this will take a few dozen workhours to be realized.
I won't say the ...when it's done. Doh, too late. :bi:

If this is done, an update of the BWSs config-files would be enough to do that. And all wars would end, everybody would be happy, cookies would fly into your mouth, no wait... just kidding. Cookies can't fly. :D

Edited by dabus, 30 August 2009 - 09:05 AM.

#52 -Icke-

-Icke-

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hi and thanks for all your work

But, I have a problem right now:

I had a pccrash and I am reinstalling BG and these mod and I ran into a problem with the modselection.
Some mods have the wrong description like
"16.11.: Imoen's Romance (Full) v1.2"
has this description
"Erlaubt dem Spieler eine romantische Beziehung mit dem roten Magier Edwin Odesseiron in SvA."
Because it's from an Edwin-romance I am not shure whether it is the Imoen or the Edwin one.
I have the same problem with the Worldmap and Breagar.
The Worldmap does not download and Breagars description stands under a romance pack or so...

I ran through the installation twice today and what i get upset most about was the fact that the map didn't worked.
Thats the mayor problem since I can not play BG1 without this mod ;D

Can someone help me with that? Am I overlooking something?

greatings CG

#53 Headbanger

Headbanger
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

Haha yeah :P I thought about that when I finished the first one, but at that time, I had no idea I'd be doing 2 more :P

But, I'm done for the week, any new translations would come next sunday :D Anyway, I think only the Tales of Anegh mod's left, i won't be doing NPC translations cause they have different personalities and such that I may not be aware of :D (had a hard time trying to replicate Korgan's accent and Jan's dialog format for the Oghma mod :P)

Anybody wanna go ahead and do Tales of Anegh can start whenever they want :D (maybe we can split the work :D) It's some ~32 MB mod so I'm worried it might take longer than a single sunday :unsure: and I dunno if its even traified :P

PS: I never thanked Graoumf for updating the mods :doh: THANK YOU GRAOUMF!!! :hug:

Cheers,
Lol

Already doing Talesof Anegh and Breagar

#54 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

@Icke: Guess what: Leomar said something like "Do not use BWS because we are updating cause it will doom your installation to fail" and that's what happends. BWP7 uses othe chapternumbers as BWP8. Since the BWS-update-file is BWP8 now, all or many things are messed up. (BWS searches for updates by the chapter-number, so the imoen-chapter was used by Edwin before.)

@Headbanger: I think Ascalon said something about a V5 with an english translation, but I do not know how far they made it until today. -- Urgh, sorry. So it was you. :D

Edited by dabus, 30 August 2009 - 12:01 PM.

#55 -Icke-

-Icke-

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

@Icke: Guess what: Leomar said something like "Do not use BWS because we are updating cause it will doom your installation to fail" and that's what happends. BWP7 uses othe chapternumbers as BWP8. Since the BWS-update-file is BWP8 now, all or many things are messed up. (BWS searches for updates by the chapter-number, so the imoen-chapter was used by Edwin before.)

I did not realise that this is going on because I am not reading every new article.

In the first article it's said:

Begin the installation

* Download the BiG World Setup
* Start the "BiG World Setup" and follow the on-screen instructions (the Setup runs the "BiG World Install.bat" automatically)
* Play your megamod.

Actually there are far to much articles I could read searching for an answer to my problem.

So the only way to install the BWP now is to do it without the Setup, using .bats only?

#56 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

The BWS is using the bats, but it is gathering the files for you, so download and unpacking are done for you.
You would not believe how many people have problems with extracting mods.
Although I must admit that double archives/installer and mods in subfolders are not that great, either.

#57 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

In the first article it's said:

So the only way to install the BWP now is to do it without the Setup, using .bats only?

Well, it's said in the third post...

And the .bat's solution is for now, until the BWS v8 comes out.

#58 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

Nope. I try to get rid of bats with the next release, not 8.

#59 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

You mean there's gonna be no install.bat in BWP9??? :blink: OMG!!!

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#60 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

I don't do BWP Installpack. ;)

The reason I started the BWS was to be able to select components, and you can't do that the way the batch is build now.

Edited by dabus, 30 August 2009 - 10:26 AM.