170 replies to this topic

#61 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

:hug: Feel better?

I decided to buy it anyway. Now, I'm having installation issues... typical.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#62 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

I decided to buy it anyway. Now, I'm having installation issues... typical.

You crack me up. :)
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#63 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, it's a barrel of monkeys, over here...

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#64 -erik-

-erik-

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

...aaand it _almost_ works well straight away. Except for needing to use a nocd, and one irritating graphical issue.

Not bad for launch day on linux.

#65 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

I'm in the Mage origin right now... so far so good.

I'm playing the game at 4xAA, 8xAF, Trilinear Filtering, max graphics, no Vsync or Triple Buffering, and it's running very smoothly. I'm running it off a disc image I made from the DVD (compressed one obviously, but still takes around 8 GB space), which probably helps as well.

I'll post more tomorrow.

#66 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

*hug* It will be!

I'm here slugging it out with 512MB RAM less than I should have for min specs, on the min specs graphics card, with a ATI HD 4890 sitting nicely on my shelf! Gaaah! I need more money for the PSU. >:(

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#67 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Still waiting for it to arrive, by the way is it true, that the game's mostly long, linear dungeons?
Democracy is three Dragons and a Cow voting on what's for dinner!

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#68 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

Still waiting for it to arrive, by the way is it true, that the game's mostly long, linear dungeons?

There are a lot of dungeons and they are long, but linear would not be a word that comes to mind in this game. They are fun dungeons...and I hate dungeons.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#69 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Toolset is up! Yay!

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#70 Waywocket

Waywocket
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

And for anyone else who hasn't yet discovered this: http://social.biowar...wiki/datoolset/

#71 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Well ive been playing it nonstop since tuesday around noon my time and im about only 30ish percent through with the game and this is with at least 10 hours+ on all of these days except today...Sadly I go back to reality this weekend through work...but I must say ive enjoyed every minute so far...well wait there is this REALLY annoying puzzle that I had to look up to do...but beyond this its great...there are way more dark moments then I thought there would be!

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#72 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Holy.

Crap.

I am in love.

I feel I should buy Dynaheir some flowers or something, and pet Boo.

And that is on borrowed below-spec equipment.

#73 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, I got it up and running, and am loving it. I'm still learning to work the controls, but I haven't had this much fun playing a video game in a long time.

berelinde's mods

#74 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:19 AM

I'm only at Lothering, and already it's by far the best game Bioware have made since BG2: the story's good, the dialogue doesn't make me cringe, the companions are likable and not walking bags of childhood traumas and hormones, the combat's genuinely fun. The setting's a bit cliched, but the story's already thrown a few big shocks and twists at me, something which would normally occur only once near the end in a typical Bioware game.

Wow. I actually like it :o

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#75 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:12 AM

Thanks for the hugs. I'll buy the next round. :cheers:

My female Dalish Rogue shot her first Darkspawn last night. She hit level 3 back at the camp, but I haven't got any further. So far I've loved it, with my only problem being my own stupidity at turning the map around when I want to move. I wish I had time to play more, but I do have to go to work occasionally :lol:

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#76 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

Mmmmmmmm. Got it friday, played till 5 am. Woke up 10am, started playing, 12 hours of nearly nonstop gaming since then...

So yeah, it's very good. :]
The gameplay and dialogue are really brilliant. Only gripes would be the way enemies can effortlessly brush past even a solid line of warriors positioned at a bottleneck to get at juicier targets.

And, well, the atmosphere is nowhere near as dark as the hype had me believe.
Excepting a few peak moments here and there, the fairly saturated color palette along with the utterly hilarious party banter ensures that the general atmosphere never stays gloomy for long.
Of course I've still got a ways to go, so there might be more solid darkness somewhere behind a corner, but I doubdt it.
So, eh, IMO the mood of it is very similar to the Baldur's Gate games.

Oh, and the blood splatter. I thought it would be somewhat more advanced, that it'd be mapped on the characters like it get's mapped on walls and floors in FPS games, but nahh, it's just a full coevrage texture that's splashed on as sono as a character happens to be standing too close to a gory mess.

@_@

#77 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:42 AM

Finally got mine and yes it was worth the wait. The good part is that I can detect some of the magic that BG had in this game. By the way why is it that Tim Curry makes appearance I had this suspicious feeling hes up no good and lo behold.

His special enhancement

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#78 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

*Tim Curry* makes an appearance?! Where?

berelinde's mods

#79 GreyViper

GreyViper
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:32 AM

Hes giving his voice to one of the plot chars from human noble origin line. I kind of though I just might have him on my side ah well.

His special enhancement

Barracks Graffiti
Sparta Command

#80 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

He also voices Niall (I think his name is) in the Circle of Magi quest, I believe. I'd recognise that voice anywhere.