• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

Thanks Miloch :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#42 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

Hi,

do I understand correctly that if I were to restore the BG1 animations on an EasyTutu install, I should then absolutely avoid dual wielding? What does "The second option patches all PCs but prompts for those with scimitars, katanas or anything other than a shield in the offhand slot" mean, in the readme (I know this is probably a dumb question, but I don't know what you mean by "prompt" in this context)?

#43 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

do I understand correctly that if I were to restore the BG1 animations on an EasyTutu install, I should then absolutely avoid dual wielding?

Yes.

What does "The second option patches all PCs but prompts for those with scimitars, katanas or anything other than a shield in the offhand slot" mean, in the readme

The installer will ask you whether you want to use the BG1 animation for each exported PC. In the second case, it patches all of them and only asks if it encounters potentially "problematic" PCs. If they have a scimitar or katana, you can still patch them, but those weapons appear as longswords. Don't try to patch PCs who dual wield though or the game will crash (BG1 did not have dual wielding).

Edited by Miloch, 19 July 2011 - 08:52 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#44 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

Thanks, Miloch.

Is that something that can't be possibly addressed, or could IA one day add dual-wielding to BG1 animations? :)

#45 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

It would be very difficult but maybe it is something within Erephine's level of wizardry. Basically it would require offhand weapons created and/or positioned properly for every weapon and every character animation - the same way BG2 has (only with the models being different, the same weapons won't work for BG1 animations). Probably requires some (more) .exe patching as well.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#46 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:16 AM

Hi,

recently I've been trying to install EasyTutu with a few mods, including 1pp and IA. There seem to have been a few issues here and there, which I couldn't solve. I uninstalled EasyTutu and I'm currently in the process of reinstalling it, this time checking each mod before installing any new other, to see whether I can identify the one causing the problem. I've been updating all mods to WeiDU 229 and following the instructions over at G3 concerning the installation order. What seems to be the problem is that upon starting a new game, CHARNAME would always get the BG2 animation even if I had installed the BG1 animation component (which worked with savegames, in which CHARNAME would correctly get the relevant BG1 animation). Other characters would get the BG2 animation as well, like Firebead Elvenhair in Winthrop's inn.

By the way, are there any 1pp components that are not, in fact, comptabile with the IA component that restores the BG1 animations?

Edited by Andrea C., 28 July 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#47 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

Hi,

I've run a few tests and it turned out that it was in fact Infinity Animations that caused the issues I was experiencing: some areas would judder to the point of unplayability, and others would be playable but annoying (there were also perfectly playable areas, but I could not identify any pattern that would make each area's behaviour predictable beforehand). Upon uninstalling IA, everything went back to smooth. I'm running 1024x768 with no hardware acceleration or 3D animations.

On an another note, I now reckon CHARNAME isn't meant to get a BG1 animation upon starting a new game when IA is installed (my bad for misinterpreting), so that was not an issue in the first place; Gorion, Firebead Elvenhair and a few other characters do lose their BG1 animation with IA, though, whereas they seemingly retain it in vanilla EasyTutu (it seems kinda counterintuitive, as I'd expect things to be the other way around).

#48 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

I've run a few tests and it turned out that it was in fact Infinity Animations that caused the issues I was experiencing: some areas would judder to the point of unplayability, and others would be playable but annoying (there were also perfectly playable areas, but I could not identify any pattern that would make each area's behaviour predictable beforehand). Upon uninstalling IA, everything went back to smooth. I'm running 1024x768 with no hardware acceleration or 3D animations.

Was this in the Tutu game ?
As I already told you that you should biff the game files... when you use the IA. As the animations etc files take large portions of the games override folder and when there's two references to them, they take resources every time you are even close to one.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#49 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

Upon uninstalling IA, everything went back to smooth. I'm running 1024x768 with no hardware acceleration or 3D animations.

I did most of my testing for this mod on Tutu so I can assure you the animations work the same way they do on BG2/BGT (it is the same engine after all). You indicated here your game was fine after disabling 3D acceleration, but as Jarno says, install Gen Biffing.

On an another note, I now reckon CHARNAME isn't meant to get a BG1 animation upon starting a new game when IA is installed (my bad for misinterpreting), so that was not an issue in the first place; Gorion, Firebead Elvenhair and a few other characters do lose their BG1 animation with IA, though, whereas they seemingly retain it in vanilla EasyTutu (it seems kinda counterintuitive, as I'd expect things to be the other way around).

Post your WeiDU.log (in SPOILER tags). I think you'll find you installed a combination of options that will govern this, and you can change those accordingly if you want different animations. You need to export your PC and install the component that mods PCs if you want that (as I think you've figured out).

Edit: Also note that neither Tutu nor BG2/BGT has BG1 animations in it by default, so Gorion, Firebead etc. would've had the BG2 animations in Tutu without IA - IA didn't make them 'lose' their BG1 animations, though you can give them all BG1 animations with IA if you so choose.

Edited by Miloch, 31 July 2011 - 07:15 AM.

#50 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

Hi Jarno and Miloch,

thank you very much for your answers and support.

As I already told you that you should biff the game files... when you use the IA.

You're right; I must've missed your suggestion the first time around. Besides, the first time I saw that mod, I thought it was meant to "biff" (i.e. enhance, make stronger) certain items, as it reminded me of when people mention "biffing" their characters before a fight LOL Nevertheless, it did work. I installed Gen Biffing and had it repackage the whole override folder, which made things considerably smoother on top of saving me approximately 2gb of hard disk space (which I needed). I must give props to the Bigg for such a great tool.

I did most of my testing for this mod on Tutu so I can assure you the animations work the same way they do on BG2/BGT (it is the same engine after all). You indicated here your game was fine after disabling 3D acceleration, but as Jarno says, install Gen Biffing.

Yep: as stated above, Gen Biffing did work :) What I meant in the other thread is that after disabling 3D acceleration menus stopped juddering (before then, character creation and inventory management were nightmarish). Candlekeep was smooth with IA installed, and I only started to experience further issues upon visiting Beregost and the other areas South of it.

Also note that neither Tutu nor BG2/BGT has BG1 animations in it by default, so Gorion, Firebead etc. would've had the BG2 animations in Tutu without IA - IA didn't make them 'lose' their BG1 animations, though you can give them all BG1 animations with IA if you so choose.

Obviously you are right. I double-checked, and both Gorion and Firebead do have BG2 animations in vanilla Tutu (which is exactly what has to be expected). I was mislead by the fact that both characters originally wear a robe that looks cloacked, whereas after installing IA they look as though they weren't wearing any. I noticed the same applies to mages in my party (i.e. Dynaheir's animation does not change while wearing the Robe of the Knave, or the Robe of the Good Archmage). I'm pretty positive there is a way around this? I don't have my WeiDU log at hand right now but I'll sure post next time I bring my USB drive downstairs.

#51 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

I noticed the same applies to mages in my party (i.e. Dynaheir's animation does not change while wearing the Robe of the Knave, or the Robe of the Good Archmage). I'm pretty positive there is a way around this?

Yes, I also have such issue. Work around - enable cheats in baldur.ini and in the game -> CTRL+1 on selected mage character (will change armour levels in circle).

#52 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

I noticed the same applies to mages in my party (i.e. Dynaheir's animation does not change while wearing the Robe of the Knave, or the Robe of the Good Archmage). I'm pretty positive there is a way around this?

Yes, I also have such issue. Work around - enable cheats in baldur.ini and in the game -> CTRL+1 on selected mage character (will change armour levels in circle).

This sounds more like something from 1PP than IA but I'm not certain. If you find your WeiDU.log, post it. It will help to test the install with just 1PP and just with IA and see if it's one or the other (or perhaps both). Also I seem to recall the avatar-switching component from BG2 Tweaks does not work well with 1PP and its similar component, so make sure you don't have that happening.

I thought it was meant to "biff" (i.e. enhance, make stronger) certain items, as it reminded me of when people mention "biffing" their characters before a fight LOL

ROFL, that's "buffing" not "biffing" :D.

Edited by Miloch, 02 August 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#53 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi Miloch,

this is my current WeiDU.log for the EasyTutu game. My dad has just left for the seaside with my computer, so I'll have to replicate it on the other PC to keep playing LOL

Spoiler

ROFL, that's "buffing" not "biffing" :D.

Double ROTFL :D

#54 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

This sounds more like something from 1PP than IA but I'm not certain. If you find your WeiDU.log, post it. It will help to test the install with just 1PP and just with IA and see if it's one or the other (or perhaps both). Also I seem to recall the avatar-switching component from BG2 Tweaks does not work well with 1PP and its similar component, so make sure you don't have that happening.

Here is my WeiDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks
~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Casting Sounds -> Restored BG1 Casting Sounds And Special Effects
~SETUP-TUTUSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Combat Sounds
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #1 // New Potion Graphics
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // Locks, Traps and Spells XP Reduction -> Reduce to 10%
~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // No XP for learning spells
~TUTUGUI/SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu, SoA/ToB, or BGT
~TUTUGUI/SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Support for The Biggs widescreen mod
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Correct various errors on race, class etc: v12
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v12
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // NPCs go to inns: v12
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Remove blur effect from displacer cloak: v12
~SETUP-SCS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v12
~1PP_EXT_PAL/1PP_EXT_PAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Extended palette entries
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinity Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Humanoid Animation Fixes: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #500 // More Base Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // BG1 Animations for NPCs -> Most relevant creatures: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9510 // BG1 Animations for Exported PCs -> Prompt for problematic PCs: v5
~SETUP-BEREGOSTFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // BeregostFix

But if I remember right, before installing IA (with only 1PP) everything worked fine. I had not tried IA without 1PP tho. Thanks for suggestion!

Edited by SergIS, 03 August 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#55 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

I had not tried IA without 1PP tho. Thanks for suggestion!

Please report what you find. Since you have only a few mods installed (and no biffing which takes a while to install/uninstall) it will be easier for you to experiment with installing/uninstalling mods to see what to issue may be. Since I can't think of what animation(s) may be causing it, it could be something with the .exe patch.

#56 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

I had not tried IA without 1PP tho. Thanks for suggestion!

Please report what you find. Since you have only a few mods installed (and no biffing which takes a while to install/uninstall) it will be easier for you to experiment with installing/uninstalling mods to see what to issue may be. Since I can't think of what animation(s) may be causing it, it could be something with the .exe patch.

Well, I've tried on almost *pure* install:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinity Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Humanoid Animation Fixes: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #500 // More Base Animations: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #8030 // BG1 Animations for NPCs -> Most relevant creatures: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5
~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9510 // BG1 Animations for Exported PCs -> Prompt for problematic PCs: v5

- same issue. Seems that problem is in IA themselfs...

edit: removed even degreenifier - no change...

Note: I think the problem resides in mage robes item files. For example Robe Of Good Archmage (_CLCK15.ITM). Open it in NearInfinity (I use beta 20) -> Equipped appearance is 4W - Mage robe 3. If I change it to 4A - Plate mail, everything works (looks) just fine (tho the sound of equip/unequip is as for plate mail). The same is for 3W - Mage robe 2 => 3A - Chain mail and 2W - Mage robe 1 => 2A - Leather armor.

So it looks like Mage robe's *Equipped appearance* attributes(2W, 3W and 4W) are somehow corrupted...

Edited by SergIS, 03 August 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#57 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

Is it still a problem if you uninstall the BG1 animation components? This might need Erephine to fix, but it will help if we can narrow down exactly where it is.

#58 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

Is it still a problem if you uninstall the BG1 animation components? This might need Erephine to fix, but it will help if we can narrow down exactly where it is.

Yep, if I uninstall BG1 animations, everything works fine.

#59 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Yep, if I uninstall BG1 animations, everything works fine.

Ok, cheers. Erephine in fact fixed this already so it'll be in the next version, but it is taking me a while to update the code (it also involves switching everything over to ANSI so we don't need to switch codepages during installation).

Edited by Miloch, 07 August 2011 - 01:17 PM.

#60 Andrea C.

Andrea C.
  • Modder
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Sweet! Thank you very much, Miloch and Erephine :)