Photo

[BG2:ToB] TobEx Release Thread

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#561 -RobinHood70-

-RobinHood70-

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Another thing I just thought of, though this would clearly fall under new issues rather than revisiting older issues, is the concept of bashing chests and the like. I'm pretty sure in BG2, this is either buggy or hard-coded to never work, where in BG1, I believe it was possible.

#562 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

I'm getting multiple attack texts (e.g., "Gnoll attacks Player") that don't at all match the animations...or anything even remotely likely, for that matter. I'm pretty sure a single gnoll doesn't attack 6+ times per round. :) (Using latest versions of EasyTutu and TobEx. A few other mods, but nothing that should modify the attack sequence at all.)

You are right, this is vanilla BG2 behaviour. Every time a creature processes some form of attack action, you get that message. Yeah, bugs me in BG:EE as well.

Second, any chance of putting the feature to correct experience reporting back in? The way I look at it, the 10% bonus to XP is part of 2nd ed, it's just that it's only supposed to apply if you have suitably high stats. I suspect Bioware just got lazy and, rather than actually coding it, just assumed that everyone would create characters that met the 10% bonus requirements. (And, in truth, I usually do.)

Hmm, well Beamhaul got rid of it entirely. You are still entitled to use the old mod if you want to. Just don't use it with TobEx Disable Experience Boost component.

Another thing I just thought of, though this would clearly fall under new issues rather than revisiting older issues, is the concept of bashing chests and the like. I'm pretty sure in BG2, this is either buggy or hard-coded to never work, where in BG1, I believe it was possible.

Pretty sure means not sure or definitely sure? I don't have the time to find evidence for or against for you.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#563 Robin Hood

Robin Hood
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

I take that back. In 10ish years of playing, I've never had forcing a lock succeed until just now, when I tested in Candlekeep via Tutu, instead of the real BG game, and it worked. With a little more experimenting, I realized that the problem isn't that it doesn't work, it just works differently than in the pen & paper game. The "chance to open" isn't actually a chance to open, it's a difficulty setting, just like the thief's. Somehow, I'd failed to realize that until just now, no doubt hindered by the fact that the first lock you come up against in BG2 is difficulty 49, which is beyond what any starting Strength other than 18/00 can open. Testing on the lower-level locks in Irenicus' dungeon confirmed my misunderstanding. Don't I feel dumb, taking 10 years to realize this!  :doh:

#564 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

I get crash upon exiting the Baldur's Gate II. Here's my TobEx_ini erro log:

TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.26.3.25 (Thu 06 Jun 2013 19:41:07)
Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x975299 File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 563
7 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG pa
nel 7 (mage book)
Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97783D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 622
3 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG pa
nel 22 (class kit)
Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97783D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 622
3 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG pa
nel 22 (class kit)
Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x796F6E File: InfScreenStart.cpp Line: 2014
Expression: FALSE Message: CScreenStart::UpdatePanel: nPanelIdx == 6, 7, or out
of bounds

Mods I use:

Spoiler

Yesterday I fixed the crash upon exiting the game. I set these to zero in TobExTweak:
Engine:Custom Shadows of Amn Starting Experience=0
Engine:Custom Throne of Bhaal Starting Experience=0

But now I still get crashes upon exiting. It bugs me immensely.

I forgot to add that when exiting the game the desktop doesn't show up at all but a black screen. After pressing esc like a few times I finally am back to my beloved desktop.

///Edit:

Weird stuff is going on really. After I turned on debug in the TobEx ini the game no longer crushed upon the exist. I guess I have just some dumb luck. I will see how long I will have it though...

Edited by zelazko, 06 June 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#565 -kawabanga-

-kawabanga-

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

When you roll up a level 1 character using ToBex 0026 you get twice the starting HP. So, for example a level 1 Fighter gets 20+CON HP instead of 10+CON. Is this intentional? Why bump up the starting HP?

#566 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

A word of advice. Say, you install TobEx and all the mods you want just like the BWP PDF tells you to. You install all the optional tweaks from TobEx because you know that you can later disable them in the INI file, right? Except that I just had to unbiff my whole installation to get rid of this tweak: Make All Attacks Genuine. The way it's implemented in the game is just funny. Reading pixels? Really?

In short, the way it works is that TobEx copies modified BMP files to your override for your game to read pixels from them, but these files won't go away when you set the tweak to "0" in the INI file. So, the whole idea of having the 0-1 switch for this particular tweak seems to be redundant. You'll have to unbiff the game, remove the files from your override, then biff and defrag again. "The pain will only be passing, you should survive the process."

Unfortunately, there is not better way to implement this in BG2, so just be careful when you install this component.

Edited by Tash, 29 June 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#567 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

Is the kit scrollbar still included in TOB Extension?

#568 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:58 AM

Yes, in the primary component I believe... you just got to have more than 10 kits for the class. And for it to be still visible, not make a GUI changes. If you install a mod that does cover it(Tutu or similar), it's still there just invisible. Dah.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#569 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

Yes, in the primary component I believe... you just got to have more than 10 kits for the class. And for it to be still visible, not make a GUI changes. If you install a mod that does cover it(Tutu or similar), it's still there just invisible. Dah.

Alright thank you. May I say that you're one of the most responsive still active people on this forum and it is much appreciated.

The mention of that component has been curiously removed from Ascension64's initial post so I really hope it's still there.

#570 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Just out of curiosity, anyone tried the latest branches on BG(2)EE?

https://github.com/A.../commits/master

I didn't even realize Ascension64 made some work to update ToBEx to work with EE unti I've stumbled upon this.

#571 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

wasn't aware about it either. I see that he implemented (imo) the most important thing from the modder's perspective - ASSIGN and EVAL commands. Lack of this functionality in EE games is the only thing that makes original engine better for more complicated scripts. No idea why pretty much no one (other than dradiel) uses this awesome script language extension in mods. I'd love to see it implemented for BG2:EE. Doubt it works considering ever changing EXE file after each patch released by Beamdog. Either way it’s good to know that bulk of work on it already happened. Come back, A64 :(

Edited by K4thos, 17 October 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#572 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Has anyone used the master branch of TobEx (or anything newer than the official last release v0026) successfully with the old BG2 classic / ToB engine?  I'd like to switch BWS to use the master branch of TobEx for non-EE games, as the commit log indicates some improvements of interest have been made since 0026 (such as * Saving Throw Fix: Fixed excessive save vs type messages).  A positive or negative user experience report would be appreciated.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#573 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

Has anyone used the master branch of TobEx (or anything newer than the official last release v0026) successfully with the old BG2 classic / ToB engine?  I'd like to switch BWS to use the master branch of TobEx for non-EE games, as the commit log indicates some improvements of interest have been made since 0026 (such as * Saving Throw Fix: Fixed excessive save vs type messages).  A positive or negative user experience report would be appreciated.

I had uploaded the latest tobex.dll in this thread. The saving throw fix works correctly but there is a problem with nested effects and many spells do not work correctly. I was fairly sure that it worked in a former playthrough of mine but neither me nor Salk could make it work.

#574 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:25 AM

Hi everyone.

The saving throw thing was bugging me for years, and finally I decided to try and do something about it. My c++ skills are non-existant, but I excel at copy-paste. So I took off v26, since it's the last known working, and after that there's mostly EE-related commits which are obsolete now with new EE engine.

I applied the saving throw fix... it seems to work, but I didn't test if thoroughly. The dll is here.

#575 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

The dll is here.

No, it isn't. Code 404.

#576 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:54 AM

Edit: ah, github requires authentication to access. Attached it instead: Attached File  tobex.dll.zip   618.9K   298 downloads

Edited by Magus, 17 July 2020 - 11:56 AM.

#577 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for this. It's too late to apply it now but it will come handy in the future. I hope this fixes magic resistance too ( I want to spare everyone of  pain seeing it in combo with Doom  :D ) ? 

Edited by Greenhorn, 18 July 2020 - 12:54 AM.

#578 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:00 AM

Not that one, but I applied another change, which I think should address MR messages too: Attached File  tobex(3).zip   677.09K   281 downloads

#579 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:39 AM

Thanks!  :new_thumbs: