[BG2:ToB] TobEx Release Thread

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#541 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Oops, silly me. Looks like I didn't change all the version markers to 25. Have fixed this, the version is 25 by WeiDU but the file will be b0025b.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#542 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Found an issue during my testing of a mod. The dialog file
Spoiler
When selecting either option in game the first action triggers (ends with DestroySelf). Renaming the TobEx.dll and running bgmain.exe resolved the issue (DestroySelf for "Advance" and just Move for "Retreat").

Edited by ScuD, 20 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#543 -Jojo-

-Jojo-

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I ran into an issue with tobex 0025b : I sometimes retain the control of my characters even when they're supposed to be feared or charmed (little icon on their portraits). I'm pretty sure TobEx is responsible for the bug. I uninstalled it to try the 0022 version instead and the problem vanished. Just like that ! Thought you'd be interested.

#544 -April-

-April-

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

That's a bug with the saving throw fix. If you disable that fix it works as it should. What happens is that your character actually makes a successful save which negates the spell but for some reason you still get the spell effects/portrait icons. This also applies to enemies, i.e. enemy mages keep casting spells even though they look like they are affected by chaos. 

#545 -AGF-

-AGF-

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Running into a snag with a German installation. I installed the latest patches, plus the lates Unfinished Business addons for both BG1 and BG2.

I ran the BGT mod on a Win7 virtual machine in order to get it prepped for a Wineskin wrapper. I'm also planning on running the widescreen mod afterwards.

In any case, after three attempts, I give up (used fresh installs each time). The error I get is something about bgt/base/baf/._a6genspl.baf and an empty token.

here's the file

https://www.dropbox....SETUP-BGT.DEBUG

#546 -AGF-

-AGF-

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Never mind, I posted in the wrong window. please delete.

#547 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Found an issue during my testing of a mod. The dialog file
Spoiler
When selecting either option in game the first action triggers (ends with DestroySelf). Renaming the TobEx.dll and running bgmain.exe resolved the issue (DestroySelf for "Advance" and just Move for "Retreat").

I cannot reproduce this on a test game in BGT where I gave this script to Gorion! Do you still get the problem?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#548 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I had it during my playrun some time ago. Hasn't started the game in a while.

I'll try again and provide more information.

#549 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

TobEx beta 0026 released! This is a bug fix release only.

-Class/structure updates

-Cast Spell On Condition Mod: Fixed wrong target text in the contingency info screen

-Expanded Triggers: Fixed certain 0x0XXX triggers like Heard() not working correctly

-Poison Resistance Mod: Added temporary workaround for invalid nParam2 messages caused by BG2Fixpack, until BG2Fixpack is updated

-Remove all race-class restrictions: Disabled dwarven paladins because dwarves do not meet the charisma requirement to be paladins, which caused an infinite loop

-Saving Throw Fix: Fixed a bug where abilities with multiple effects with the save type would only allow a saving throw against the first effect (fixes issues such as saving against an effect but still showing the portrait icon or visual effect)

-Use EFF File Fix: Fixed a bug where the parent effect parameters were used to determine whether the child effect was applied or not (fixes issues such as not getting experience for items that instantly kill undead)

--------------
Retired Modder

#550 Argent77

Argent77
  • Administrator
  • 1397 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

It looks like that TobEx beta 0026 is still labeled as version 0025.

#551 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, happens often.

Edited by Ascension64, 26 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#552 kilgor

kilgor
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

An enemy mage just cast Slow on me and i saved against, but it showed save vs. spell 15 times in the combat log. Is the Saving Throw Fix suppose to work like that?

#553 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

The same happened with me, although I'm using Spellpack's modified Web spell. Everytime some party member saves, there is more than 10 saving vs. spell messages in then dialogue box, but I assumed it was due to the way the new Web was implemented. Will test with vanilla spells to be sure.

#554 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Known issue.

--------------
Retired Modder

#555 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

It's Impossible to install TobEx_Beta0026 on my new and fresh installation.

Edit : genius inside, I forget to install the  Patch_26498 ... So I guess it will be ok.

Attached Files

Edited by DrAzTiK, 02 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#556 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

OK, I am no longer able to reproduce the issue I've reported on Dec 21st. I'll keep posted if I see it again.

#557 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the update.

--------------
Retired Modder

#558 Kyoma

Kyoma
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hey, which (disassembler)program did you use to examine BGMain.exe? I'm tempted to start digging around myself, something I enjoy doing. :)

#559 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

All the usual stuff (OllyDbg, IDA Pro).

--------------
Retired Modder

#560 Robin Hood

Robin Hood
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Two things: first off, I'm noticing that, like the multiple save texts mentioned above, I'm getting multiple attack texts (e.g., "Gnoll attacks Player") that don't at all match the animations...or anything even remotely likely, for that matter. I'm pretty sure a single gnoll doesn't attack 6+ times per round. :) (Using latest versions of EasyTutu and TobEx. A few other mods, but nothing that should modify the attack sequence at all.)

Second, any chance of putting the feature to correct experience reporting back in? The way I look at it, the 10% bonus to XP is part of 2nd ed, it's just that it's only supposed to apply if you have suitably high stats. I suspect Bioware just got lazy and, rather than actually coding it, just assumed that everyone would create characters that met the 10% bonus requirements. (And, in truth, I usually do.)