Hi,

Attached File  Weidu.log   58.3K   156 downloads
I'll try to be as specific as possible.

Mod combo: BiG_World_v8.2
custom choices made for installed mods
(weidu log attached)

Area: CM2680 - candlekeep dungeon area modded under Ulcaster

Creature: "helmho.cre"

Problem: bugger gives animation error (?) "An Assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 899"

First helmed horror I encountered. The ctd comes after a second, seems it wants to grab something to attack me that goes wrong.
As such, I can fix this by Ctrl-Y the bugger before that happens. But since I'll meet these guys on a regular basis, a slightly more permanent solution might be cool ;)

I've tried a lot in NI (changing sword, crossbow, script, appearance,..), but nothing seems to help. In fact nothing does anything, but that's probably bc changes get overwritten by savegamestuff/whatnot.
After a lot of searching (google; shs-search is problematic for me), I discovered the aurora shoes and boots mod (v3) does something with helmed horrors.

I'll let you guys at it now :)
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae - J. Caesar, De Bello Gallico

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

It changes the animations which could very well CtD your game but items can also do that too.

EDIT: Low and behold mine crashes when switching weapons. If I can fix mine, I will help you fix yours :( :unsure:

EDIT2: It's the flame blade weapon that crashes it. Maybe that slipped by testing because it crashes on equip or it just looked good on paper. What's worse is that other Helmed horrors are changed by Aurora mod tweaking them to have that sword so you will have more problems if you installed the mods that are changed. I recommend that you post the issue with AGFBLADE.ITM crashing the Helmed horrors in the Aurora mod's forum and include a link to this discussion. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

EDIT3: I took away the flaming sword property (FS) and it works fine. Must not be able to use flaming swords with the 1PP flaming sword component or something. Put this in your override and it should fix the problem.

Edited by Hoppy, 29 December 2009 - 02:57 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Wardibald

Wardibald
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

Thanks. A lot. :cheers:

Learned a few things with this one. Maybe I'll be able to fix this sort of thing myself next time :)

#4 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

My suggestion is that the files are simply missing.

BGII does not come with Baldur's Gate I style flame sword animations, which the doom guard animation would look for. See if placing the WP* .BAM files from here (in the folder 'Baldur's Gate I Character Animations') in your override fixes your problem.

崇高滑稽
·

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

BGII does not come with Baldur's Gate I style flame sword animations, which the doom guard animation would look for. See if placing the WP* .BAM files from here (in the folder 'Baldur's Gate I Character Animations') in your override fixes your problem.

Confirmed :cheers:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

I like bug reports like this that just kind of work themselves out when I'm out of town :).

I did test this stuff btw, but as I was pretty much the *only* person doing extensive testing on the team, some things were bound to slip through. So I guess I just need to copy those files at install time? I'd just kind of guessed they'd be included with 1PP's Flaming Swords component and not needed if that's not installed.

Another option might be to set helmed horrors to use "human" rather than "doom_guard" animations, which I believe is what battle horrors use. Because I'm pretty sure I tested the battle horrors (probably without 1PP though) and they were fine. There was some dodginess with swapping from crossbow to flaming sword, but I think I resolved that. Yet another option would be to use one of the IWD "animated plate" animations, but I'm not crazy about them because they're not really full sets of plate. So perhaps the doom_guard is the most appropriate, which from what I could tell is just a blank animations that takes overlays (armour and weapons). A helmed/battle horror (there's no major difference except in abilities) is basically just an animated suit of plate (somewhat glowing with purple light through the cracks, according to Monsters of Faerun, but I don't know if an effect would render that well).

Edit: oh, and I suppose someone should move this to the Aurora's Shoes forum, since it seems fairly clear it's the Aurora PnP Helmed/Battle Horror component.

Edited by Miloch, 01 January 2010 - 03:47 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle