Photo

Wrong dialogue of Imoen in Irenicus' Dungeon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

We have a problem, if we want to start a BG2 game with BGT.

1.) We import a predefined character and start the SoA game
Imoen has not the correct dialogues at the beginning and the dialogues changes from installation to installation. Attached are screenshots from a sample of the wrong dialogues, but their are in German. The dialogues of the screenshots are from the beginning of BG1, when you want to leave Candlekeep and Imoen steps by.

2.) We create an own character and start the SoA game
The game crashes after the incorrect Imoen dialogue.

We haven't had this problem with the release of BWP v8.2.
After many tests Leonardo found out, that both above mentioned things happend if BGT is installed with CtB-Chores together.

He thinks that this happened since the Dudley Fixes are included in BGT. Perhaps this has something to do with it:

BG2 Resources readme

AR0602: Imoen, Jaheira, Minsc, and item importation as well as new game changes, Imoen->Imoen2 death variable change, setting of biography for newly generated characters starting in Shadows of Amn, initial HP and CON bonus/penalty corrections for new characters and imported characters with zero experience, forced level up for new characters.

We don't know, if that can cause the problem in combination with the CtB-Chores.

By the way, we had the problem before the new CtB release, so the new CtB version is not causing the problem.

Lollorian, I think you have an installed BWP. Can you start a BG2-SoA game and could test this (with an imported and created character)? It is better if someone can confirm, that this happen not only by us. ;)

Greetings Leomar

Attached Files

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

I tried an imported Cleric and a new one and I got Imoen's BGII lines :) (after a 10 min cutscene involving Worgas, CtB-Chores and RoT :doh: not to mention the unskippable movies :D)

Maybe its a translation thing?? I've attached a pic of her dialogue with the imported cleric to verify :P
Posted Image

PS: In the next BWP, could you modify baldur.ini so that all the BGI and BGII movies have already played (so that, if they play in game, we could skip them by clicking :P even the first time they play ;))

Btw, I'll post the WeiDu.log and Debug.txt tomorrow in the biffing thread (too sleepy now :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 20 January 2010 - 11:20 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:04 AM

I tried an imported Cleric and a new one and I got Imoen's BGII lines :) (after a 10 min cutscene involving Worgas, CtB-Chores and RoT :doh: not to mention the unskippable movies :D)

Maybe its a translation thing??

Thank you very much :cheers: and yes, it could be, that something is wrong with the German translation/version. But who knows? :D I'll let Leonardo know your test result. ;)

PS: In the next BWP, could you modify baldur.ini so that all the BGI and BGII movies have already played (so that, if they play in game, we could skip them by clicking :P even the first time they play ;))

We cannot do that with the BWP batch-tools, but it could be possible with the BWS. It would be nice if you can post your suggestion in Dabus BWS thread at the MegaModHelp forum.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 21 January 2010 - 06:06 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

Some may be changing the Imoen dialogue. She should have IMOEN10.DLG as her dialogue at the start of SoA. A mod might be changing it at some point to IMOEN2.DLG, which is the dialogue that Imoen gives after Sarevok kills Gorion in BG1.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 -Kalimdra-

-Kalimdra-

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:59 AM

Sorry to bump a old topic, but I am actually having the same problem, and I could not find a more recent topic about this anywhere. Is there any new info about this ?

If not may be my experience can help resolve this situation :

I just finished a Mega install (following the BwP pdf, but without automated install, and a few mod updates) I started a BG2 Game to check my install, and Imoen has the wrong dialog when she comes to open my cell.
Basically she uses dialog IMOEN2 instead of IMOEN10.

At least I can say it's not a translation issue, my game is in English.
I suspect Level 1 NPCs,Check the bodies, ImoenFriendship, or some bad interactions between them to be responsible for this, the weidu log file is at http://pastebin.com/WAm8vJMV.

If you know a hotfix for this, I will be happy to learn it.

Thanks for help/ ^_^

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

Next time post the Weidu.logs content...
Spoiler

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 -Kalimdra-

-Kalimdra-

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Well, I linked to it to avoid the big block of text, and I just noticed the error in my link. Sorry for that, and thanks for correcting me.