Photo

PnP Free Action v2

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Setharnas

Setharnas
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

No bad feelings and thanks for that little info - will try to remember it next time. :)

#62 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

Miloch, russian tra is ready :D

p.s. offtop: can you update P5Tweaks v3 also please?

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 06 February 2010 - 11:31 AM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#63 Ancalagon el Negro

Ancalagon el Negro
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:57 AM

And here are the spanish tra too.

Namárië.

Attached Files

Member of Clan REO and citizen of The Earth.

#64 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

File Name: PnP Free Action v2
File Submitter: Miloch
File Submitted: 07 Feb 2010
File Updated: 07 Feb 2010
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

PnP Free Action

This component ensures Free Action does not cancel or prevent movement bonuses - it only negates penalties such as Hold, Web, Entangle, Grease, stunning, etc. Among other things, this means you can now equip Boots of Speed and the Ring of Free Action to gain the benefits of both, as per PnP descriptions. It also fixes various bugs and inconsistencies related to Free Action, Haste and Slow in both unmodded and modded resources (creatures, items and spells).

Changes in v2 (7 Feb 2010):
- Spell-patching macros will now correctly set the target (typically to whomever the spell is cast upon) regardless of whether mods like Spell Revisions set it incorrectly (fixing a bug in Remove Paralysis when both are installed)
- Description-updating component is now optional
- Patched a few items more recent mods have added
- Added German, Italian, Spanish and Russian translations

Changes in v1 Beta (31 July 2008):
- Creatures cannot be hindered by Free Action spells or items; they can only be helped by them.
- Items and spells with movement bonuses will not be hindered by Free Action spells or items.
- Items and spells that grant movement bonuses display the Haste icon (or Improved Haste if relevant).
- Items and spells with Free Action effects do not hinder movement bonuses and protect against all effects limiting movement.
- Items and spells that apply movement penalties display the Slow icon.
- Items and spells changed so that Haste and Slow icons do not cancel each other. The game engine allows you to be slowed and hasted at the same time. If one state wears off first, you are left with the remaining state, and therefore, the icon should remain as well.
- Relevant item and spell descriptions updated accordingly (Boots of Speed, Ring of Free Action, Potion of Freedom, Remove Paralysis, Free Action, Slow, Haste and Improved Haste).

Click here to download this file

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#65 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

I uploaded the update properly so it generated a new topic here. I suppose that could be merged with this one. Might be cleaner just to put new comments in that topic, but the mod references this one for error reports etc.

PnP Free Action (v2)

This mini-mod ensures Free Action does not cancel or prevent movement bonuses - it only negates penalties such as Hold, Web, Entangle, Grease, stunning, etc. Among other things, this means you can now equip Boots of Speed and the Ring of Free Action to gain the benefits of both, as per PnP descriptions. It also fixes various bugs and inconsistencies related to Free Action, Haste and Slow in both unmodded and modded resources (creatures, items and spells).

Changes in v2 (7 Feb 2010):
- Spell-patching macros will now correctly set the target (typically to whomever the spell is cast upon) regardless of whether mods like Spell Revisions set it incorrectly (fixing a bug in Remove Paralysis when both are installed)
- Description-updating component is now optional
- Patched a few items more recent mods have added
- Added German, Italian, Spanish and Russian translations

Download

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#66 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

just to confirm (i've repeatedly learned the hard way how easy it is to dig around for hours without being able to confirm something, so sorry for not taking that time out) - is this still discrete/unique? (in the sense of not [yet] being made a part of any fix/tweak-packs)
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

~ god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and i had to eat him ~

#67 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

It is still its own mod, yes. In theory, something like Item Revisions or Spell Revisions could've slurped it up, but last I checked, they did not correct mod-added items or spells, and this mod does.

#68 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:18 AM

okay, thanks! my install will slurp it up for now :rolleyes:
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

~ god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and i had to eat him ~

#69 -Robocasper-

-Robocasper-

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

This Not Usability Is a PnP rule too?... Sorry I don't know about the rules at all.

The wizard slayer kit cannot use any magic items except weapons and armour as per the game description. This restriction was already there - the Game Text Update just adds it to the description. Many people think this is silly though, since we already know wizard slayers can't use most magic items Posted Image.

I marked "limits" because it is not the same as "improves". Could we consider Haste/Improved Haste a limitation?

Not really, but that's the old description - I clarified it in the new description.

I agree with that, although, who wants to cancel a Haste/Improved Haste ability?

The problem with the free action opcode is that it restores the movement rate to normal, thus canceling Haste spells. This is mostly a good thing, since there are negative modifiers we want to remove with it. I could try removing it from the spell, like I've done for the free action items, and just remove specific effects like Web etc., but we might miss some things we want to cancel (Slow being one, for example). It's sort of a double-edged sword, but like I said, since it won't affect items and since you can still get hasted after casting free action, I think it's best this way.

Maybe it is interesting to add the description of this Equpped Ability to other items with Free Action like BLUN30 and SPER12.

Well they both just say they give Free Action, so I think someone can look at the spell or the ring to see the specifics Posted Image. Also both descriptions for those items are rather long already.

I suppouse that it should be installed AFTER Fixpack, although I don't know about the alchemy of WeiDU and it could be done in any moment.

Yes, it will need to be installed after Fixpack, like most mods. Otherwise, the Fixpack will just re-add effects this has gotten rid of, and also the Game Text Update will overwrite the changed descriptions.

One thing the Fixpack did do which I'm keeping (or adding if it's not there) is stun cure and protection. There is some basis for that, as the PnP Free Action description says it negates or prevents paralysis, and Remove Paralysis already cures stun. Plus, even before modding, the spell says the recipient becomes immune to *anything* that limits his movement in both BG1 and BG2.

The kit states you can't USE magic items, so I interpret it that you can WEAR them. A Wizard Slayer then should be allowed to wear a Ring of Protection for example (which is ARMOR).

#70 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

The kit states you can't USE magic items, so I interpret it that you can WEAR them. A Wizard Slayer then should be allowed to wear a Ring of Protection for example (which is ARMOR).

Not sure why it was necessary to necro this thread to bring that up, but this mod does nothing with item usabilities. By default in the unmodded game, wizard slayers can't use (and yes, use also means wear) most magic items, including rings of protection, clearly by design.

#71 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Is this mod usable by the Enhanced Editions and is it Mac compatible? It's been bugging me to no end to have Keldorn lagging the others in combat and I'd really like to be able to fix that.

#72 Foggy

Foggy
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

I installed the mod for BG2EE and it worked as intended. Keldorn have both his armor and boots of speed on enjoying full benefits of Haste and free action. Also the boots stack with the ring of free action, Jaheira is hasted while using Ixil's Spike.. I didn't encounter any bugs so far. Maybe the mod just needs to be updated to WeiDu 236 to be fully compatible.

" Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes."

#73 sturmvogel

sturmvogel
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

That's good to hear, now all I need to know is if it's Mac compatible.

#74 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

That's good to hear, now all I need to know is if it's Mac compatible.

Well go and find out, by downloading the OSX Weidu from here and try...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#75 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

I'm having a small problem with this mod. I have an item that gives:

movement rate bonus

immunity to web, grease and entangle

(total 8 effects in NI)

This mod adds immunity also to stun, hold and slow, something I didn't want (total 68 effects in NI)

To make things worse, SCS also modifies the item for some reason, with components 1000 "Initialise mod" and 5900 "Initialise AI components", bringing the total effects to 106 (many of which are labelled as 'unknown' in NI).

The same happens with items like Spider's Bane, that should give immunity to web only, instead it gains full free action properties. Am I missing something?

#76 Rataan

Rataan
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

I recommend that this mod not be used with EE until it can be verified as compatible.  I have it installed on BG2:EE and I am experiencing severe bugs with slow spells and effects.  Most of the slow effects I have had cast at me have not worked properly and I have experienced some parts of the spells or effects becoming permanent.  This is easily seen by resting, saving the game, then looking at the save in EEKeeper under the effects tab.  I have seen this happen with SPIN977 (Golem Slow) and SPWI312 (Wizard Slow).  This isn't just a nuisance, because these bugged effects delete and interfere with other effects, especially local variables that keep track of banters and romances, which leads to dialogs repeating and romances starting over.  These are just the problems that I have become aware of early in the game doing Irenicus' dungeon and the easy Athkatla quests. 

I did some experimenting and was able to fix the nearly game breaking bugs that the golem slow spell was causing by disabling the override version of SPIN977, which forces the game to use the vanilla version.  Looking at the date created and date modified time stamps on the SPIN977.spl in the override folder shows that PNP Free Action was the last and probably the only mod that changed the file.

#77 Hachimaro

Hachimaro
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

I have started playing BG2 again recently, however I was unable to download PnP Free Action during the installation due to SHS downtime. Thus, I have skipped it. Can I safely install it now or would it be a better idea to do a full reinstall and maybe even start a new game? I'm sorry if it sounds like a newbie question, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to BG modding ^^' I'd like to avoid any possible compatibility issues if possible.

I'm playing classic (not EE) BG2 with ToB. Here's a list of mods I have installed (I'm using Polish translations if possible, since BG2 is one of the few games I enjoy playing in my native language):

• Ascension
  • Oversight
  • BG2 Fixpack
  • Tower of Deception
  • Bag Bonus
  • Improved Horns
  • A Mod for the Orderly
  • Weimer's Item Upgrade
  • Banter Packs
  • Edwin Romance
  • Nathaniel
  • Unfinished Business
  • Ding0's Quest Pack
  • Tactics
  • PnP Celestials
  • Crossmod Banter Pack
  • Wildmage Additions
  • Teleport Spell
  • Dungeon-Be-Gone
  • NPC Kitpack
  • BG2 Tweak Pack
  • Ding0's Tweak Pack
  • Level 1 NPCs
  • Widescreen Mod

I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

#78 -HammyH-

-HammyH-

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Just a note of compatibility that should be in the readme.

Pnp FA set the durations to vanilla times (1t+1r/lvl).   So when installing after something that changes duration, such as Spell Revisions, Pnp FA will reset the duration without changing the text description.

#79 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the report.  Edit:  PnP Free Action has a component (#50) that updates spell and item descriptions, but this is marked as conflicting with Spell Revisions.

Edited by agb1, 20 January 2016 - 01:16 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip