The archive of resolved bug reports

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#81 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'll try to reproduce some time during the week(end).

#82 -Wisp-

-Wisp-

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

A user over at the kerzenburg forums had some problems with Davaeorn's dimension dooring. Instead of doing his usual dimension door + fireball / lightning bolt, he only used dimension door.
After finally restoring spwi402.spl from atweaks backup folder, the problem disappeared.

A timing issue of the animation?
It's the script together with the spell. The vanilla DD spell has a 2-second delay before the caster is teleported. Davaeorn's script is written so that he has just enough time to start casting the follow-up spell before he is teleported. aTweak's DD spell teleports instantly, so unless Davaeorn can see you from where he teleported to, he ends up acting all wacky.

Unfortunately, the solution to this not as simple as just making aTweak's DD spell also use a delay.

#83 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

So, basically, Bioware cheated making him cast two spells per round and we break that?

Somehow, I don't feel particularly bad about that. :D

#84 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

So, basically, Bioware cheated making him cast two spells per round and we break that?

Somehow, I don't feel particularly bad about that. :D

And what about those people playing BGT without SCS?

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#85 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Well, I guess we could try to fix up Davaeorn's vanilla script, even though that's technically out of scope for aTweaks.

#86 -Wisp-

-Wisp-

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Andris is also affected, and subcomponents 3 and 4 of the IWD-dimension-door component also cause this problem.

#87 -Wisp-

-Wisp-

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Changing component 105 to give spwi402 a 1-second delay on the teleport effect and changing Davaeorn's script to use Wait(1) instead is probably the least invasive way of fixing this. It will work for Andris (who also uses Wait(1)) and it will have the nice side-effect of resolving a potential incopatibily between component 105 and components 223-224.

#88 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Changing component 105 to give spwi402 a 1-second delay on the teleport effect...

It wouldn't be PnP Dimension Door anymore if we increased the casting time/effect duration.

If we want to let opponents keep their cheating scripts, we can give them a custom version of DD which goes along with them.

#89 -PutridWalker-

-PutridWalker-

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I'm no good at this stuff, but could maybe this: http://www.shsforums...revok-immortal/ be related to what you guys speak about?

The thread is about the fact that in some mod configurations, Sarevoks henchmen is not spawning correctly at the end of BG1 (BGT). The fact that Sarevok becomes unkillable then, is because of SCS, but a user there pinpointed the problem to the Wait(1) thing and to the aTweaks component that changes the dimension door animation.

Just thought I should mention this.

#90 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm no good at this stuff, but could maybe this: http://www.shsforums...revok-immortal/ be related to what you guys speak about?

The thread is about the fact that in some mod configurations, Sarevoks henchmen is not spawning correctly at the end of BG1 (BGT). The fact that Sarevok becomes unkillable then, is because of SCS, but a user there pinpointed the problem to the Wait(1) thing and to the aTweaks component that changes the dimension door animation.

Just thought I should mention this.

Thanks. If someone had mentioned this back when, I could have fixed it long ago.

The problem is that the Wait() action is interruptible, so his combat AI aborts the action sequence and the CreateCreature() actions are never run. It should be possible to write a simple and generic fix for this by sprinkling some SetInterrupt() actions around it all.

#91 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thanks. If someone had mentioned this back when, I could have fixed it long ago.
Well, it sometimes happens that when the game is heavily modified, these things go unnoticed for a quite long time as there are multiple things that are hard to identify or hinder the right ways... the SCS I's Immortal Sarevok has multiple reasons ... one was that the characters escaped the area to the outside which the component then disallowed entry by the party ... which left things unresolved in the usual way and left the common fix to be Consoling the character in and dealing with them.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#92 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

This.

#93 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

For reference, Davaeorn and Andris use a copy of the old Dimension Door spell if any of the components 105, 323 or 324 are installed and SCS isn't.
As of v4.03.

Edited by Wisp, 23 July 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#94 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:07 AM

Apparently the work-around for CLERIC_HALLOW and SCS was insufficient? Link. Look into it.

#95 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Apparently the work-around for CLERIC_HALLOW and SCS was insufficient? Link. Look into it.

Thank you for linking it here. For what it's worth, my stats.ids says this: 

109 WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT.

EDIT:

I changed the .baf files from aTweaks to swap CLERIC_HALLOW for WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT. It installs without parse errors now.

Edited by kreso, 14 August 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#96 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

The abovementioned doesn't have to do anything with SCS. After several re-installs, it appears that if RR is installed beforehand, this particular error occurs. If not, aTweaks installs correctly without errors.

#97 -Agnusthemagi-

-Agnusthemagi-

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

The abovementioned doesn't have to do anything with SCS. After several re-installs, it appears that if RR is installed beforehand, this particular error occurs. If not, aTweaks installs correctly without errors.

RR means Rogue Rebalancing? I had this happen on my install just yesterday.

#98 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

Which version of RR are you using when you get this problem?

Okay, what happens is that RR installs DS with CLERIC_HALLOW. Then SCS replaces CLERIC_HALLOW with WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT and then aTweaks doesn't install DS because it's assumed RR installed an identical copy.

Edited by Wisp, 23 August 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#99 -Agnusthemagi-

-Agnusthemagi-

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

So, the workaround is to install RR after aTweaks?

#100 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

No, but you can install SCS, then RR, then aTweaks.