• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

For: Infinity Animations, Aurora's Shoes and other mods based on the Infinity Animations patching scheme:

Details: When copying animations containing special ANSI characters on machines with the codepage other than 1252 (for Western European languages), errors may occur. Erephine has devised a new test to help make sure the animations get copied properly.

Procedure:

1. Make sure you have a codepage other than 1252. To check, go to:
-> Start > Settings > Control Panel
-> Regional and Language Settings in Classic View (or Clock, Language and Region then Regional and Language Options in fancy view)
-> Click on the Advanced or Administrative tab
-> Then where it talks about non-Unicode programs, make sure the language is one that does not use the Roman alphabet, or accented versions of it (for example, Russian or any Asian language)
-> If you have set the language to English for the purpose of installing Infinity Animations or another mod, it is ok to change it back to your original language for the test, *but* reboot after doing so

2. Please download this file:
Attached File  IA_nonANSI_WeiDUtest.rar   2.03MB   297 downloads

3. Install it to your patched BG2-Throne of Bhaal game (or BGT/Tutu/Classic Adventures) like any other mod by extracting the archive and double-clicking on setup-weidutest.exe. It does not matter which other mods you have installed.

4. Attach or link three screenshots of the output (or text, but symbol accurate). Pictured here when run on 1252:

a. The complete WeiDU output (important!)
1252step1.jpg

b. A capture of the testfiles/pre directory (after 'installing'):
1252checkpre.jpg

c. A capture of the testfiles/auto directory (after 'installing'):
1252checkauto.jpg

The test makes no changes to your game or even your WeiDU.log, so it is not necessary to uninstall it, though you may delete the install files and folders after the test if you wish.

Cheers.

Also included with the archive:

Reference screenshots (on Erephine's tests) for code pages 1252, 1251 (Russian), 932 (Japanese). Any code page other than 1252 should PASS component 3 and FAIL component 2.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

Here are my screens (codepage 1251-Russian)

Attached Images

• screen1.jpg
  • screen2.jpg
  • screen3.jpg

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

Cheers. It would be good to have at least one more test, preferably from someone with an Asian (Japanese/Chinese/Korean) system.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Still could use more of the first test, but I guess the next step would be this, according to Erephine:
Attached File  IA_nonANSI_test_2.rar   2.58K   231 downloads

Needs to be checked on a system that a) has produced expected results with the above test and b) is set to either code page 1251 (Russian) or 932 (Japanese). You can also test it on a 1252 code page, but I'm not sure how useful that is.

Extract the files to override/ and create the item (TANSI.ITM) from either the CLUA console or otherwise. Take a screenshot of how the item appears ingame (if at all).

The displayed icon should reflect the currently set code page.

#5 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

Here is my version (codepage 1251):

Attached Images

• Безимени-1.jpg
  • Безимени-2.jpg
  • Безимени-3.jpg

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

I can't make out if it says 1251 or 1252 (I think 1252) - can you tell if you pick up the item? I'll ask Erephine what to do next, cheers.

#7 SergIS

SergIS
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

I can't make out if it says 1251 or 1252 (I think 1252) - can you tell if you pick up the item? I'll ask Erephine what to do next, cheers.

It says 1251. :)