#41 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

Updated: "BiG World Installpack".

Version v9.0.1 (04 April 2010)
- Updated to WeiDU v215
- Removed BG2Tweaks component 2140 "Expanded Dual-Class Options"
- Added Spanish LANGUAGE for BGSpawn, Bag Bonus, Holy Hand Grenade, Ghost and Improved Summons
- Added all components of "RTT Kitpack v1.2"
- Updated components of "ToB Extender (Beta 0002)"
- Added workaround for k#annah.cre of Sarah NPC to work with SCSII into the Install.bat (Lollorian's hotfix)
- Removed oggdecX.exe, tisunpackX.exe and unpacker_updater.bat
- Deleted update of oggdecx.exe and tisunpackx.exe from the Install.bat (line 3016 and 3017)
- Removed "BiG World Trimpack" from the archieve

Updated: "BiG World Trimpack".

Version 9.0.1 (04 April 2010)
- Removed from the "BiG World Installpack"
- Updated patches for TDD v1.13, CtB v1.12a, RoT v2.1 and BGT v1.08 (16 March 2010)
- Added "BiG World Trimpack read me.txt"

Updated: "BiG World Setup".

9.0.2 (Update Package) - 04.04.2010
Added: "BiG World Trimpack" (Chapter.ini, Mod.ini, Setup.ini)

Updated mods
  • WeiDU v215
  • The Darkest Day v1.13
  • Check the Bodies v1.12a
  • BGSpawn v1.07
  • Expanded Thief Stronghold v2.20
  • Ajoc’s Minimod v1.6.4
  • Bag Bonus v1.0.4
  • Freedom’s Reign & Reign of Virtue v7.1
  • MunchMod v3.3
  • Darron v1.5.1
  • Recargador v2.3
  • La Musica de los Reinos v2.1
  • Sir Renal v2.3
  • Alcool v0.9
  • Holy Hand Grenade v1.3
  • Ghost v2.1
  • Drizzt Is Not Stupid (BGT) v1.1
  • Big Picture v1.79f
  • Homeward Bound v6
  • Improved Summons v2.03
  • P5Tweaks v5.1
  • Throne of Bhaal Extender (Beta) v0002

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 04 April 2010 - 09:11 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#42 -Vlar-

-Vlar-

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:26 AM

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm trying to install BGT and some mods with BWP, but I'm experiencing some problems, namely when the final installation should start, a new cmd window pops up (_utils\patch.exe) that stays black, in the former it says "processing fixes for 1pp", but everything is still. What happens? Thanks in advance

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:28 AM

It would help if you tell us what OS you're running, and which antivirus (if any) you have :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#44 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

It would help if you tell us what OS you're running, and which antivirus (if any) you have :)

I'm running Vista and Avast. I used BWP before (a couple of months ago) without any problem (I don't run it in the main partition), I wanted to update the mods. If you confirm me it's an unnatural behaviour, I can try with a fresh install. I think it has something to do with the Trimpack or the generalized biffing (that I didn't even select). Thanks for the help.

#45 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

Maybe the Vista users around here might wanna help with the Vista part :)

But one thing about Avast, you need to turn off the Standard Shield (in v4.8 or less) or the File System Shield AND Behavior Shield (in v5 and above) for the .exe patches at the end to work properly ;)

Wait a sec, are you trying to upgrade a previous BWP into the BWPv9?? :o That, unfortunately, isn't possible because of the way megamods do stuff (even in the old versions :() you'll need a fresh reinstall to enjoy the (awesome awesome) benefits of the ToBEx and the W_GUI and updated megamods and stuff :) But wait till some Vista advice comes along ...

Edited by Lollorian, 05 April 2010 - 06:27 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#46 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Do not install WGUI if you want scrollable mage and priest-spellbooks.
Taimon said that WGUI seems to changes the length of some arrows and thus the math behind the clicking is likely to be screwed up. At least we had an issue over at the Kerzenburg where a player was not able to scroll.

So if you installed some mods that provide amounts of new spells, it might be better to not use WGUI.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#47 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Thanks very much for your help, the problem resided probably in Avast, because now it works :).
I'd have another question even if probably this isn't the right place. Why isn't there in BWP the option for Weidu-Ascension? What should I do if I want Ascension? Is BP-Ascension exactly the same thing? Is in this case BP-A compatible with SCS-II like Weidu-A? Thanks if you can answer

#48 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

If you want the Ascension-mod, you will have to put it the batch where you think it belongs or install it manually. Ascension is only supported through BP since the other mod had some issues. Don't ask me which...

#49 -Jess-

-Jess-

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hello everyone,

I'll start by saying that this is the first time I've encountered BWP (and mods for BG in general!) and you can imagine my excitement when I discovered that people (incredible people) like you have made it so I can further enjoy my favorite game of all time.

However, I do seem to have a problem! :(
I downloaded BWP and ran the program as per the instructions. The downloads have just recently been completed and it informs me that certain mods have not been found, namely:

Baldurdash (BD-WeiDU) v1.6.8: The Mod itself (BDash168.exe)
Mersetek le Joaillier v1.2: The Mod itself (Mersetek_v1.2.zip)
Alcool (Beta) v0.9: The Mod itself (Alcool_v0.9.zip)
Au service d'Oghma v1.5: The Mod itself (ThOghma_v1.5.zip)
Kiara-Zaiya NPCs (with translations) v1.6: The Mod itself (Kiara-Zaiya_v1.6_FrEsGeRu.zip)

I ran 'Retry' several times and these mods were still not found. Seeing as I'm new to this whole thing, I wanted to know what I'm supposed to do. Should I try to find them on the forums? If so, where do I put them after I download them? And lastly - what do I do if the mod has a different name now? (When I found Baldurdash, the name was different from BDash168.exe)

Oh, and I'm running Vista with Norton (UAC is disabled and Norton is diabled).

Thank you in advance!
-Jess

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

@Vlar: The original Ascension overwrote some files (which is BAD!!! :P) so it was replaced by the BP-Ascension (which patches stuff rather than overwriting)

According to the install.bat, the Ascension part can be installed with the SCS AI (but some dudes have said that BP is needed for BP-Ascension to work properly ;)) And you shouldn't try installing both BP and SCS AI unless you want problems ... of the crashy kind :lol:

Personally, I stick with BP AI (just because of the fact that BPSeries needs it :D)

#51 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

@Jess:

Some files cannot be downloaded with the "BiG World Setup".
Do you want to try to load the mods again or open the links in your default-browser to try it yourself?
Enter [y]es, [r]etry or [n]o.

So BWS offers to open the download-locations for these missing files.
You should do just that and answer y.

#52 -kelrynn-

-kelrynn-

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

There is no way. You either use a backup that was made to restore the original state or reinstall the game to be able to install v9 anew and start a new game. The only thing you can use are your old downloads, since some may be the same as the current ones.

Old saves do not work. (Well, they might load, but the translation-bindings are scattered for sure. So towns may have item-names, dialogs show item-descriptions and so on.)

How exactly would I be able to do this. I remember creating a backup of the game. It looks like the backups are in a folder called "Big World Clean Install". The 4 files are Override, BGMain, Chitin, and Dialog.tlk. Would I just simply copy these four files over-riding what's in the BGII main directory and then run the v9.0 installer?

#53 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

Would I just simply copy these four files over-riding what's in the BGII main directory and then run the v9.0 installer?

It's not simply overwriting the current folders, you have to delete and then copy the backup (the override folder probably contains TONS of stuff that aren't in the backup override ;))

#54 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

What you do is run the setup again. It tells you mods and files are present in your BG2 folder and asks do you want to delete them. It then asks you if you want to restore a clean backup which you select yes, and then the setup erases everything and downloads the mods if they are not still present in the BWP download folder. Just make sure you select restore clean backup and its all automatic. I've done this about 10 times now. :lol:

#55 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Well the new expert install of BWP 9 (with a lot deselected) worked fine except for two things.

1)Kontweaks refused to install again. I probably messed up the install.bat, but now can I add it to the end of install without problems?

rem %IFNLS%KonTwk%IFNIF%aTweaks%S%KonTwk%L%0%SK% 9 | %M%
%IFNLS%KonTwk%S%KonTwk%L%0%SK% 9 11 13 14 15 --logapp | %M%

I did it this way because I preferred the KonTwk version of paladin patch over the Atweaks one. KTweak gives holy smite and immune disease to all paladins, and Atweak only to two of them. I guess the "rem" canceled it all out.

2)TOBEX beta 2 also didn't install. No clue there, have posted in misc mod section for more info on that.

After a little testing saw that Kim npc mod has the soundset only in French (a nice voice though), but it looks like a well done npc.
Fade npc has only 2 sounds when selected, otherwise no soundset.
Ninde npc has no soundset.

#56 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

Updated "BiG World Setup"

9.0.3 (Update Package) - 08.04.2010
Added: Spanish explanation for the "BiG World Trimpack" (Mod.ini)
Updated: "Secret of Bone Hill v2.75" entries (Chapter.ini, Mod.ini, Setup.ini)

Updated "BiG World Trimpack"

Version 9.0.3 (08 April 2010)
- Updated for "Secret of Bone Hill v2.75"

Updated "BiG World Fixpack"

Version (Beta) v9.0.1 (08 April 2010)
- Updated BWP's Baldurdash compatibility fixes
- Included all needed fixes from the "Fixes for the BiG fixpack" thread from 27 March 2010 until 07 April 2010
(http://www.shsforums...post__p__482945)
Again big thanks to Lollorian. It helped us much, that he reported and made many of the fixes
- Zeroed effects offset in [BiG World Fixpack\com_encounters\_copy\shagbag\KORSCROO.CRE]
- Zeroed effects offset in [BiG World Fixpack\DarkHorizons\_copy\cre\CMRSEC04.CRE]
- Zeroed effects offset in [BiG World Fixpack\DarkHorizons\_copy\cre\CMSEC21.CRE]
- Updated "_BWP fixes.txt" and "_Hotfixes.txt"
- Added Spanish explanation to the readme
- Removed fixes of BGTNeJ2 Compatibility Mod, Ajoc's Minimod, Fading Promises, BPSeries and P5Tweaks

Updated: "BiG World Textpack SPANISH"

Version 9.0.1 (09 April 2010)
- Added translation of "Dragon Summon" by Lisandro
- Added translation of "Goo the Disembodied Floating Eyeball" by Lisandro
- Added translation of "P&P Celestials" by Lisandro
- Updated translation of "Spell-50" by Lisandro
- Removed translation of "Freedom's Reign & Reign of Virtue"

We update the BW Installpack for the new SoBH version, at the moment, and we will release it in the next days.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 08 April 2010 - 08:08 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#57 -Arashmickey-

-Arashmickey-

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

Is it possible to use BWP without BG1 installed? I don't have BG1, but I like the advantage of having an automatic installer.

When I try to use the BWP setup, the it will say "something is missing", even with further customization enabled.

Otherwise, can you recommend another BG2 only easy installation. Last time I did any kind of mega-install was a few years ago with NeJ+TBP+some other stuff.

Thanks!

#58 Arashmickey

Arashmickey
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:59 AM

Is it possible to use BWP without BG1 installed?

Sigh... sorry for the redudancy guys. I read all the info text in the setup program, just needed write a minus- in the bg1 directory slot.

I must have moar METICULOUS!

#59 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:07 AM

Hello guys. First of all, thanks for the great work. It was a shock to know that there is still a community interested in my favourite game, it is alive and kicking.

I've read the installation part of your manual "BiG World English v9.0.pdf", followed the instructions and now i can't go any further:
I use "standart" installation, and when the program checks availability of downloads, in summary it says:
-Summary-
These selected downloads are defect:

Baldurdash (BD-WeiDU) v1.6.8
Kiara-Zaiya NPCs (with translations) v1.6
What do you recommend me to do?

#60 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

Both mods are available and false positives in this case.
The first is caused by a server the BWS cannot handle, the second my be cause by some other issue.
You will be asked if you want to fetch missing mods manually, which will open the download-page in your web-browser, which should fit in most cases.

So just go on.