Photo

BiG World Project (BWP) v9.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
663 replies to this topic

#21 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

The installation-tool "BiG World Setup" is updated for the "BiG World Project v9.0".

You can download the updated main program or start your existing "BiG World Setup", so the program can update itself for the new version.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 31 March 2010 - 04:14 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#22 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

Also, Mike1072 posted a lot of stuff regarding install orders and dependencies (notably points 6 to 12) in the Beta thread, was it taken into account ? If not, they would be good things to consider for 9.1 ^_^

Yes, it was taken into account. ;)

Are you sure ? From what I can see in the PDF and BAT, at least this :

Thrown Hammers should be installed before IR's global tweaks, since it adds items to the game.

and

I'd also move 1PP component 6 "v3 Paperdolls" out of the first group of 1PP components and into the second. This is because some files may be overwritten by IR's version which will assuredly never be more up-to-date than Erephine's.

did not change from 8.3 (ie Hammers is in section 24, comp 6 of 1PP is in the first group).

EDIT : there is some confusion between the PDF (which states B!tweaks is not compatible with BWP, thus the Lite version is used) and the linklist on kerzenburg, which points to the Full version.

Edited by Tonton Fred, 01 April 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#23 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:30 AM

BG2 TACTICAL ENCOUNTERS lists Azengaard Tactical Encounter MOD v5.0, but the downloadable version I found is 2.0. Is there really a v5.0, and if so, where can I go to download it?

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#24 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

BG2 TACTICAL ENCOUNTERS lists Azengaard Tactical Encounter MOD v5.0, but the downloadable version I found is 2.0. Is there really a v5.0, and if so, where can I go to download it?

Thanks,
Eric

http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=658
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#25 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

Also, Mike1072 posted a lot of stuff regarding install orders and dependencies (notably points 6 to 12) in the Beta thread, was it taken into account ? If not, they would be good things to consider for 9.1 ^_^

Yes, it was taken into account. ;)

Are you sure ? From what I can see in the PDF and BAT, at least this :

Thrown Hammers should be installed before IR's global tweaks, since it adds items to the game.

and

I'd also move 1PP component 6 "v3 Paperdolls" out of the first group of 1PP components and into the second. This is because some files may be overwritten by IR's version which will assuredly never be more up-to-date than Erephine's.

did not change from 8.3 (ie Hammers is in section 24, comp 6 of 1PP is in the first group).

In addition, Salk's Cursed Items appears to still be installed alongside IR while they're currently incompatible. Since it doesn't sound like Cursed Items will be recoded in the near future, I recommend moving it before IR's main component. Doing so won't make them compatible, but it will allow us to make them compatible in the future by updating IR.

Free Action's now-optional component 'Update spell and item descriptions' should be skipped if the main component of either SR or IR is installed.

#26 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

Since it doesn't sound like Cursed Items will be recoded in the near future, I recommend moving it before IR's main component. Doing so won't make them compatible, but it will allow us to make them compatible in the future by updating IR.

my interest is piqued. Any details on how that would work? I'd dearly love an option that would allow me to use IR's re-interpretation of the stats and powers of the items, with the "sneaky masking" of Cursed Items. That would probably give me a nerd-boner for at least a week.

Edited by AndrewB, 02 April 2010 - 09:09 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

Free Action's now-optional component 'Update spell and item descriptions' should be skipped if the main component of either SR or IR is installed.

And just when I thought you were getting reasonable, that statement is purely a matter of opinion. Naturally, you may think your descriptions are better than all others, but it is an optional component for a reason, in that it's intended to let users choose whether to install it rather than be subject to someone else's edict. And as discussed here, there may be reasons someone would want to install it, even with SR/IR (e.g., last I checked, they were not available in German or other languages).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#28 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Since it doesn't sound like Cursed Items will be recoded in the near future, I recommend moving it before IR's main component. Doing so won't make them compatible, but it will allow us to make them compatible in the future by updating IR.

my interest is piqued. Any details on how that would work? I'd dearly love an option that would allow me to use IR's re-interpretation of the stats and powers of the items, with the "sneaky masking" of Cursed Items. That would probably give me a nerd-boner for at least a week.

Hmm, I was planning on just implementing technical compatibility, where you'd get Cursed Items' sneaky masking and changes to item lore and powers. What you're asking wouldn't be too hard to do (since the code is already available in CI), but this stuff would belong more as an individual component within CI in the future. I could probably code it up if you want to use it in the meantime.

And just when I thought you were getting reasonable, that statement is purely a matter of opinion. Naturally, you may think your descriptions are better than all others, but it is an optional component for a reason, in that it's intended to let users choose whether to install it rather than be subject to someone else's edict. And as discussed here, there may be reasons someone would want to install it, even with SR/IR (e.g., last I checked, they were not available in German or other languages).

Okay, let's stick to the facts:

• The ability text for the Boots of Speed differs between IR and Free Action: +5 movement rate versus doubled movement speed. IR's version is correct for the IR item.
  • The statistic blocks and ability text for spells differ wildly between SR and Free Action. When using Free Action's descriptions for SR spells, Remove Paralysis will have an incorrect casting time, Free Action will have an incorrect duration, Slow will have an incorrect description, Haste will have an incorrect description and duration, and Improved Haste will have an incorrect casting time. So, not a single spell description provided by Free Action will be correct.
  • When IR v3 comes out, the duration listed in Free Action's description for the Potion of Freedom will not match IR's item.
The whole reason for altering the way you make description changes was to avoid these issues, all of which were pointed out earlier in that thread you linked.

#29 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

Well, if IR is looking at item descriptions, would it be possible to do something about Refinements' Universal Mage Robes component?? :) (it overwrites the descrips but patches the itm's - IR's oh-so-good itm's :Bow:)

Also, for the BWP Guide, another ... thing :P

The descriptions of Avi Maya NPC Project (14.38) and the Rukraria NPC (14.39) are same (and I don't think they're the same mod in different languages :lol:)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#30 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Well, if IR is looking at item descriptions, would it be possible to do something about Refinements' Universal Mage Robes component?? :) (it overwrites the descrips but patches the itm's - IR's oh-so-good itm's :Bow:)

This issue is known to the authors of both mods. the_bigg was going to account for it in a new version of Refinements, but it may have slipped his mind. Details can be found here.

#31 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

That's all the better then :D Thank you!

And I took a look at the BWPTrimpack and it looks like the patch for BGT doesn't get applied cause it was made for an older version of BGT :o which means BGT makes a backup of your entire override = backup of non-biffed TDD/RoT/CtB/other megamods = ULTRA PWNZ0RZ TIME INCREASE!!! :lol: (this could be the reason installs are taking some added time :P)

Until the Installpack gets updated, please use the attached file if doing a new install (simply extract it in your BGII-SoA folder or to be specific, replace the Big World Trimpack\BGT\Setup-BGT.tp2.patch file with the attached one :)) Thanks!

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#32 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:22 AM

What you're asking wouldn't be too hard to do (since the code is already available in CI), but this stuff would belong more as an individual component within CI in the future. I could probably code it up if you want to use it in the meantime.

Absolutely I would, but no rush. They're just a couple of items bro.
BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#33 Mereinid

Mereinid
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hello Leo, I know you are extremely busy and all, but I have v8.2 installed and flowing along well. I noticed V9.0 out and I was wondering how I go about updating my current version to the one released last month?

Thanks,
Matthew
The more one knows, the less one believes.

#34 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

There is no way. You either use a backup that was made to restore the original state or reinstall the game to be able to install v9 anew and start a new game. The only thing you can use are your old downloads, since some may be the same as the current ones.

Old saves do not work. (Well, they might load, but the translation-bindings are scattered for sure. So towns may have item-names, dialogs show item-descriptions and so on.)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#35 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

• The ability text for the Boots of Speed differs between IR and Free Action: +5 movement rate versus doubled movement speed. IR's version is correct for the IR item.
  • The statistic blocks and ability text for spells differ wildly between SR and Free Action. When using Free Action's descriptions for SR spells, Remove Paralysis will have an incorrect casting time, Free Action will have an incorrect duration, Slow will have an incorrect description, Haste will have an incorrect description and duration, and Improved Haste will have an incorrect casting time. So, not a single spell description provided by Free Action will be correct.
  • When IR v3 comes out, the duration listed in Free Action's description for the Potion of Freedom will not match IR's item.
The whole reason for altering the way you make description changes was to avoid these issues, all of which were pointed out earlier in that thread you linked.

Hmm, well maybe I should patch all that stuff back to what it should be to make sure it matches the descriptions. It is supposed to be *PnP* Free Action after all.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#36 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Hmm, well maybe I should patch all that stuff back to what it should be to make sure it matches the descriptions. It is supposed to be *PnP* Free Action after all.

You'd be better off simply overwriting the files. Ditch the attempt at compatibility and less people will play your mod.

#37 yogeebear

yogeebear
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Now that I installed BWP 9.0, the startup time for BG increased to approximately 10 minutes. Is this normal?

#38 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

You'd be better off simply overwriting the files.

How is that better for compatibility?

Ditch the attempt at compatibility and less people will play your mod.

Doesn't seem to've hindered SR/IR's players too much :P.

@yogeebear - you probably need to install biffing but make absolutely sure you're happy with your game first (i.e. no crashes or other unwanted stuff) because you can't uninstall it or other mods easily after that.

Edited by Miloch, 03 April 2010 - 10:52 PM.

#39 yogeebear

yogeebear
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

@yogeebear - you probably need to install biffing but make absolutely sure you're happy with your game first (i.e. no crashes or other unwanted stuff) because you can't uninstall it or other mods easily after that.

Sure thing. Biffing threw out an error:
ERROR: [.../list-of-files] -> [generalized_biffing/prod/0/list-of-files] Patching Failed (COPY) (Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "generalized_biffing/prod/0/biffs/0/_SAREVOK.BCS"))
(Or should I make a new forum entry with this?)

#40 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

Have a look at this :)

So, just download WeiDU 21500 from here (direct link).
Pick up the WeiDU.exe inside it and rename it to setup-generalized_biffing.exe and overwrite the current one in your BGII-SoA folder ;) Then run that setup and choose what the BiG World dudes want :lol: